• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monday Night Raw - April 29, 2013 LD

@Vincent Michael If you call Orton/Big Show progress tonight that's absurd. That did nothing to build their program or make me want to see that match. The Ziggler/Del Rio/Swagger I'll give you had some progress but the rest not so much. The shield/hell no have been doing the same shit week in and week out and Sheamus/Henry was a bit different but nothing to write home about.

Good matches
Angle advancement
New story with Katilyn's secret admirer
Shield getting a BIG win
Some different stuff (tug-of-war/triple threat) to advance feuds
The Make-A-Wish stuff
Summer Rae's legs

What was bad here?

Dance off & Tug of war were horrible. Make a wish segment was pointless.

Shield already beaten all 3 of them before and in Hell No's case twice not counting tonight. How is that a BIG win?

Plus Del Rio's match was boring.

The other stuff i'll give you.

Good matches

I had no reason to care about any of those matches save for the last one.

Angle advancement

I could care less about any of the angles going right now save for the big two. I suppose they advanced them, but they seem to be going in random directions week to week.

Totally don't care.

Shield getting a BIG win

The formula is wearing thin. Just once I'd like to see someone smarten up and use some psychology in one of these damn matches. They end the same way every time. Someone lifts Ambrose or Rollins exposing their mid-section, spear, pin.

If that's what you're into, right on. I don't want to watch a fixed tug-of-war contest. Wait a minute, I don't want to see one at all.

The Make-A-Wish stuff

Certainly not bad, but I don't really find things like that entertaining on a wrestling show.

Summer Rae's legs

I don't know who that is.

What was bad here?

We just find different things entertaining, I suppose. Most of this was shit I would have blew right through on DVR but I watched it live for the most part. Maybe that's why I'm so down on it, I actually watched it for once.

As opposed to the last couple of RAW which were nothing of note and made mostly by the crowds this RAW had actual good wrestling. Wouldn't call it the best RAW in a long time but in terms of content the best post Mania show so far.

Couldn't agree with you more Hollywood Nightmare. Exactly what I was going to say. Also I don't think anyone cares about the secret admirer either.

Dance off & Tug of war were horrible. Make a wish segment was pointless.

Shield already beaten all 3 of them before and in Hell No's case twice not counting tonight. How is that a BIG win?

Plus Del Rio's match was boring.

The other stuff i'll give you.

Dance off means Summer Rae's legs. Those were not horrible at all.

Make A Wish is a feel good moment. If you couldn't smile at that at least a bit, I pity your lack of a soul.

They pinned John Cena clean in the middle of the ring. That's big no matter how you look at it.

No it wasn't.

Good matches
Angle advancement
Shield getting a BIG win
The Make-A-Wish stuff
Summer Rae's legs

What was bad here?

You simplify too much here. The Make-A-Wish segment was heartwarming, and I sincerely pray that those children get well. That said, it's also WWE stroking it's own dick.

The Orton/Rhodes, Ziggler/Kingston, and Cena & Hell No vs The Shield matches were good, but none were anything to write home about and we've seen them before. Plus, a champion vs. champion match should feel special, and champions jobbing isn't getting old. It is old. It's beyond old. It's annoying, it doesn't help anyone, and it needs to stop. The Del Rio/Cesaro match was boring. I almost forgot to put it in here.

The angle advancement was boring and didn't advance the angles in any meaningful way. It was filler to remind everyone that these are the feuds going into Extreme Rules. That tug-of-war segment wasn't interesting, and it added nothing. Mark Henry is strong. Sheamus is clever. I knew that coming in. The triple threat was a neat wrinkle, I'll give you that one.

Kaitlyn's secret admirer doesn't interest me one bit. Kaitlyn doesn't interest me one bit. The Diva's division sucks right now.

Shield always gets a big win. They've beaten Team Hell No and Cena before in different combinations. I'm more than fine with them getting the win and it was an entertaining match, but let's not pretend that it amounted to much.

Summer Rae is gorgeous, but she's also just the newest Barbie doll. If somebody told me that Kelly Kelly had made her return as Fandango's valet I'd have to squint to make sure they weren't lying.

Raw was mailed in this week, but clearly it was a polarizing show. Glad you liked it. I haven't disliked a Raw so much in a while.

I had no reason to care about any of those matches save for the last one.

I could care less about any of the angles going right now save for the big two. I suppose they advanced them, but they seem to be going in random directions week to week.

Totally don't care.

The formula is wearing thin. Just once I'd like to see someone smarten up and use some psychology in one of these damn matches. They end the same way every time. Someone lifts Ambrose or Rollins exposing their mid-section, spear, pin.

If that's what you're into, right on. I don't want to watch a fixed tug-of-war contest. Wait a minute, I don't want to see one at all.

Certainly not bad, but I don't really find things like that entertaining on a wrestling show.

I don't know who that is.

We just find different things entertaining, I suppose. Most of this was shit I would have blew right through on DVR but I watched it live for the most part. Maybe that's why I'm so down on it, I actually watched it for once.

Your problem, not mine.

Cena was advanced as Ryback screwed him over and the gimmick was added to the three way with the majority of the focus tonight being on that match. That's good advancement.

Again not my problem.

Except for tonight where Cena wasn't touching Rollins at all for the spear.

I care to see Brogue Kicks to set up a match which was good the previous two times it happened. That's just me I guess though.

Why would you think this is a wrestling show?

The blonde dancer with Fandango. You know, the one they called Summer Rae?

Dance off means Summer Rae's legs. Those were not horrible at all.

Make A Wish is a feel good moment. If you couldn't smile at that at least a bit, I pity your lack of a soul.

They pinned John Cena clean in the middle of the ring. That's big no matter how you look at it.

No it wasn't.

We also could have had Summer Rae's legs without the dance off or with a mixed tag match. I know having Natayla wrestle is crazy talk to WWE but she is a wrestler and one of the best the company has had in a long time. Pretty sure Summer Rae did some wrestling in NXT too.

Make a Wish yes it was a feel good thing I get that but why did it have to take up time on Raw?

Eh i'll give you that one but The Shield's win last week was MUCH BIGGER don't you think?

You simplify too much here. The Make-A-Wish segment was heartwarming, and I sincerely pray that those children get well. That said, it's also WWE stroking it's own dick.

Yep. That's a bad thing?

The Orton/Rhodes, Ziggler/Kingston, and Cena & Hell No vs The Shield matches were good, but none were anything to write home about and we've seen them before. Plus, a champion vs. champion match should feel special, and champions jobbing isn't getting old. It is old. It's beyond old. It's annoying, it doesn't help anyone, and it needs to stop. The Del Rio/Cesaro match was boring. I almost forgot to put it in here.

I've seen Ghostbusters a bunch of times. The last time I paid to see it in a theater. Just because you've seen something before doesn't mean it's not worth seeing again.

Also that win did help someone: Dolph Ziggler.

The angle advancement was boring and didn't advance the angles in any meaningful way. It was filler to remind everyone that these are the feuds going into Extreme Rules. That tug-of-war segment wasn't interesting, and it added nothing. Mark Henry is strong. Sheamus is clever. I knew that coming in. The triple threat was a neat wrinkle, I'll give you that one.

Added a gimmick to the triple threat, gave Cena a reason to want to get revenge on Ryback, gave us a reason to think Cena can't beat Ryback. I could go on.

Kaitlyn's secret admirer doesn't interest me one bit. Kaitlyn doesn't interest me one bit. The Diva's division sucks right now.

Gee it's almost like they're trying to spice things up a bit. What a concept.

Shield always gets a big win. They've beaten Team Hell No and Cena before in different combinations. I'm more than fine with them getting the win and it was an entertaining match, but let's not pretend that it amounted to much.

Pinning Cena > pinning Ryback or Bryan.

Summer Rae is gorgeous, but she's also just the newest Barbie doll. If somebody told me that Kelly Kelly had made her return as Fandango's valet I'd have to squint to make sure they weren't lying.

Better to have a hot blonde than a hot nothing.

Raw was mailed in this week, but clearly it was a polarizing show. Glad you liked it. I haven't disliked a Raw so much in a while.

I question your knowledge on Raw then.

We also could have had Summer Rae's legs without the dance off or with a mixed tag match. I know having Natayla wrestle is crazy talk to WWE but she is a wrestler and one of the best the company has had in a long time. Pretty sure Summer Rae did some wrestling in NXT too.

Make a Wish yes it was a feel good thing I get that but why did it have to take up time on Raw?

Eh i'll give you that one but The Shield's win last week was MUCH BIGGER don't you think?

What's going to draw in more people?

A girl in a dress wrestling or a girl in a dress dancing? Hint: people don't care about women's wrestling.

Where else would you put something when you wanted a lot of people to see it?

Pinning John Cena > pinning Daniel Bryan.

Yep. That's a bad thing?

Yep.

I've seen Ghostbusters a bunch of times. The last time I paid to see it in a theater. Just because you've seen something before doesn't mean it's not worth seeing again.

How you choose to spend your money is none of my business, but I've got Ghostbusters on DVD. Sure it's worth watching multiple times, and I even credited those matches as being entertaining. I'm just pointing out that it's same old, same old.

Also that win did help someone: Dolph Ziggler.

How?

Added a gimmick to the triple threat, gave Cena a reason to want to get revenge on Ryback, gave us a reason to think Cena can't beat Ryback. I could go on.

I already said I give you the triple threat. Cena already had a reason to want revenge on Ryback. The injury announcement already gave us a reason to think that Cena can't beat Ryback. So please, go on.

Gee it's almost like they're trying to spice things up a bit. What a concept.

Ooh la la, how spicy! To each their own.

Pinning Cena > pinning Ryback or Bryan.

Cena had to be injured for them to do it, though. Takes the edge off of the bigness.

Better to have a hot blonde than a hot nothing.

Derp.

I question your knowledge on Raw then.

Question away. I'm not the one who claims to be an authority on Raw. I question yours after tonight.

Your problem, not mine.

I have to assume that you're just so used to this mundane storytelling that you enjoy it out of habit.

Cena was advanced as Ryback screwed him over and the gimmick was added to the three way with the majority of the focus tonight being on that match. That's good advancement.

But it had nothing to do with what's been going on up to this point. They went from a resentment/jealousy story to an injury angle in a week. I acknowledged that they advanced the angles. Just sort of changed directions with them.

Again not my problem.

What possible reason could you have to even think that this angle will be worth watching?

Except for tonight where Cena wasn't touching Rollins at all for the spear.

Still the same concept.

I care to see Brogue Kicks to set up a match which was good the previous two times it happened. That's just me I guess though.

I would have preferred Mark's show of strength be shown some other way. Weightlifting, something that couldn't be so easily faked. I'm looking forward to their match just because they work well together. I don't think there's really been a build to this angle, they've just been beating each other's asses for no real reason. I'm cool with it, just didn't find his beating 2 fat guys in a tug-of-war all that interesting.

Why would you think this is a wrestling show?

I lower my standards for wrestling, this show failed to live up to my already lowered standards.

The blonde dancer with Fandango. You know, the one they called Summer Rae?

One of the few segments I got to fast forward through. I can see naked, hotter chicks do much hotter things any time I want. Don't exactly get off on these fully clothed women anymore.

You seem to get pretty defensive whenever someone doesn't immediately back down.

WWE probably went with the Tug of War segment due to lack of time. The program was stacked. The only thing that left me scratching my head was the "secret admirer" for Kaitlyn. WWE should just be booking the feud with her and AJ as no more complex than "your the champ and I'm going to take your title." It's obvious that the two of them will be feuding to Summerslam - depending on how Ziggles world title reign goes.

I question why everyone cares about your reviews? What is your credentials that makes you a know it all about WWE? I'm not trying to be an ass but I'm seriously curious.

I guess you're right. I mean, how dare they do something that might make them look good and make people want to check out something good guys do?

How you choose to spend your money is none of my business, but I've got Ghostbusters on DVD. Sure it's worth watching multiple times, and I even credited those matches as being entertaining. I'm just pointing out that it's same old, same old.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You're actually asking me how a win in a high quality match over a quality opponent helps someone known for losing most of the time? Really?

I already said I give you the triple threat. Cena already had a reason to want revenge on Ryback. The injury announcement already gave us a reason to think that Cena can't beat Ryback. So please, go on.

See, when I say advancement, I mean they're moving things forward. Not sure how much more basic I can make that.

Cena had to be injured for them to do it, though. Takes the edge off of the bigness.

My goodness: a heel capitalized on someone being hurt. How dare they do what they're supposed to do?

To argue that a pin on John Cena, no matter how it was obtained, means little is nonsense.

Question away. I'm not the one who claims to be an authority on Raw. I question yours after tonight.

Please do. It's pretty clear you have little idea what you're talking about when you say a win over Cena didn't mean as much as the one last week (or whatever you said. That might have been someone else) but what do I know?

I have to assume that you're just so used to this mundane storytelling that you enjoy it out of habit.

And I would assume you have ridiculous standards and will rarely if ever be happy with what WWE produces.

But it had nothing to do with what's been going on up to this point. They went from a resentment/jealousy story to an injury angle in a week. I acknowledged that they advanced the angles. Just sort of changed directions with them.

That's because there's an injury. Also the idea of resentment/jealousy is still there: Ryback knew Cena was hurt (Cena's own word to him earlier in the night) and didn't want to face Shield in a glorified 3-1 handicap match again, which was the whole point of his heel turn in the first place. It ties in quite well.

What possible reason could you have to even think that this angle will be worth watching?

It's an old classic.

Still the same concept.

Still the biggest win Shield has ever had.

I would have preferred Mark's show of strength be shown some other way. Weightlifting, something that couldn't be so easily faked. I'm looking forward to their match just because they work well together. I don't think there's really been a build to this angle, they've just been beating each other's asses for no real reason. I'm cool with it, just didn't find his beating 2 fat guys in a tug-of-war all that interesting.

The Tensai/Brodus stuff didn't do much. It did however set up the Sheamus part. It's something different than the same stuff over and over again. I believe you used the term mundane for it earlier?

I lower my standards for wrestling, this show failed to live up to my already lowered standards.

I'd love to know what you expect from a show then.

One of the few segments I got to fast forward through. I can see naked, hotter chicks do much hotter things any time I want. Don't exactly get off on these fully clothed women anymore.

Neither do I but it's better than looking at Khali dancing around.

You seem to get pretty defensive whenever someone doesn't immediately back down.

I get frustrated having to explain the correct reactions to people.

So....you're saying he's a heel?

It was Kofi Kingston. You know what have made him look better? Showing that the World Heavyweight Champion could beat the Intercontinental Champion on his own. Instead, they make Kofi look like he could beat the champ. How does that help Ziggler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back