Monday Night Raw - April 29, 2013 LD

I liked the Orton vs stashe match, outside of the really bad flying RKO ending. Yes, my finisher is a kick, let me stretch my neck out, wwe trys to hard with the novelty of the "super RKO". Orton fell into it with borne, punk couldn't stretch his neck out any farther at mania. And this one was pretty bad. I know it looks cool, but it's only one you can see so much.

Del Rio vs AC kept me watching for a bit, was ggood.

Also, just how big is the one Funkadactl's butt? Jesus...

I enjoyed certain parts of the show but compared to last weeks it was pretty "meh", starting things off with a triple threat between three managers didn't help nor did a dance-off and a tug of war. Del Rio versus Cesaro was pretty good as was Orton versus Rhodes but the main event was one of the lesser exciting showings from The Shield, Ryback versus Cena had little extra build and I just couldn't get into the show at all.

Did anyone else find the sexual tension between Ryback and Cena discorncerting?

"You can't fight!"

"I'm going to fight."

"But you're injured."

"I'm hurt not injured, I'm going to fight."

"I love you too much, I'm going to put a stop to this!"

I'm paraphrasing but you get the point.

I didn't want to get in between you and Nate's little tiff, but you fail to recall that Tensai beat Cena one-on-one, clean, sans injury. That sure did shoot him to the moon didn't it?

If you want to call a green mist from Sakamoto clean then be my guest.

Oh, and Dolph beat Kofi clean numerous times without help in the past, and remained a heel every time.

Speaking of cherry picking....

What do you know?

A lot more than you.
Don't pretend to be an authority and then cherry pick information.

I don't pretend to be one. Let's see:

Guest on a national radio show
Cited in a university study as an expert in wrestling
Owner/operator of a wrestling website
Opinion/column appeared in newspaper in England
Writer for four websites
Featured writer on Scott Keith's Blog of Doom
Written over 20,000 pages of wrestling reviews
Reviewed over 1,200 full shows
Author of two best selling e-books on wrestling

That enough authority for you?

It's 2013. We all have access to the facts.

Indeed, yet some people have no idea how to interpret them, which is where real knowledge comes into play.

I was being smarmy earlier when I said I'd quit reading reviews, but your knee-jerk defensiveness and know-it-all attitude cost yourself my future pageviews. Learn to show some grace, bud.

If I had a dollar for every time someone threatened to quit reading my reviews because I was a prick I'd be able to buy a small foreign car, yet the views keep going up.

My piece has been said. Hope there are no hard feelings. :)

None whatsoever.

Tensai didn't really beat him clean.

Indeed.

Nor did The Shield tonight.

Indeed. It was still a pin on Cena though, which is what people are going to remember when told about it over and over int he next few weeks/months.
KB's still totally full of shit for thinking that Ziggler came away looking good in his match with Kofi.

And there it goes.

He won
His people helped him cheat to get him extra heel heat
He got the pin on his own to go along with the idea of he's very talented
People thought he was beat and he made a comeback, which is the kind of win that works well for heels like him. Ric Flair made a career out of it.

I could understand Ziggler needing to cheat to beat guys like Swagger or Del Rio, they've won meaningful main event matches in the past.

7 midcard titles > 1 fluke world title reign which no one remembers.

Kofi has never won anything meaningful.

I seem to remember him winning something about two weeks ago. US Title was it?

Being a chickenshit heel doesn't mean that you have to cheat every single time.

Far from it, although Ziggler isn't that kind of heel.

There was absolutely no reason for Ziggler not to get a clean win there unless they're actually going to try to insert Kofi into the title picture.

Correction: there was absolutely no reason for Kofi to be in that match period.

Not that I'm really complaining about Ziggler looking like shit. This is the first title reign I've ever wanted to fail.

I'm not thrilled with it either but that's due tot he booking leading up to it.

Writer for four websites

Links?

Writer for four websites

Completely off topic, but isn't just about everything you mentioned true about Dave Meltzer? And yet, don't you rip him often here?

Completely off topic, but isn't just about everything you mentioned true about Dave Meltzer? And yet, don't you rip him often here?

I probably should clarify my take on Meltzer.

The guy is brilliant and I don't question that. What I do question is his obsession with puro, his obsession with MMA, and his charging people to read his basic headlines. I remember once (and only once) on his site that you had to be a member to see about some wrestler dying. That doesn't work for me, at all.

I don't mind Meltzer for the most part, other than his ridiculous bias against WWE.

I believe the main distinction Meltzer has is Vince used to take heed of his opinion and let Meltzer in on a couple things. Don't think he does anymore but Meltzer and Vince were at one point speaking regularly.

A lot of people in wrestling respect Meltzer. A lot don't but more respect Meltzer than they would any other wrestling "journalist", asides maybe Bill Apter.

I probably should clarify my take on Meltzer.

The guy is brilliant and I don't question that. What I do question is his obsession with puro, his obsession with MMA, and his charging people to read his basic headlines. I remember once (and only once) on his site that you had to be a member to see about some wrestler dying. That doesn't work for me, at all.

I don't mind Meltzer for the most part, other than his ridiculous bias against WWE.

I can see all the points made here. They're actually points made on his own site, by members.

The puro one I completely agree with, but that's a taste thing. The MMA actually isn't his thing, so much as the co-runner of the site, Bryan Alvarez. For what it's worth, if Dave was given the chance, he could probably talk wrestling all day. The charging... I'm torn on. Yeah, it's kind of a dick move, but then again, there is an audience of schmucks out there. Perhaps not the most ethical, but it is a business

I can see all the points made here. They're actually points made on his own site, by members.

The puro one I completely agree with, but that's a taste thing. The MMA actually isn't his thing, so much as the co-runner of the site, Bryan Alvarez. For what it's worth, if Dave was given the chance, he could probably talk wrestling all day. The charging... I'm torn on. Yeah, it's kind of a dick move, but then again, there is an audience of schmucks out there. Perhaps not the most ethical, but it is a business

Indeed it is. I get rather annoyed at being told I know nothing because I don't subscribe to his site. I don't know about you, but I'm totally ok with not knowing what the opening segment for Raw is ging to be four hours before it starts.

A lot of people in wrestling respect Meltzer. A lot don't but more respect Meltzer than they would any other wrestling "journalist", asides maybe Bill Apter.

True, but that's because Meltzer's readership is kinda smug.

Trust me; that may qualify for understatement of the year

I like how my show was used as evidence for KB's expertise. Well, at least I'm assuming he's referring to my radio show because I don't know of any other appearances he's done.

Ho hoo! Looks like were all at war, eh?

I thought this weeks raw had some great wrestling. I didnt skip anything but the make-a-wish stuff and the diva's match.

Mack Militant's 'Time is Money' review sets this one down at 2hr 10mins of unregrettable television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back