Mod Impeachments?

Discussion in 'The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election' started by punchline, Jan 31, 2012.

1. punchline

punchline Occasional Pre-Show

(I tried posting this in the Site Administration section but it wouldn't let me, i figured this would be the next best place.)

Just to make it clear, this isn't a call to action. Merely an idea for the future. Now, during these elections, people kept throwing out (don't vote for 'insert name here', then we'll be stuck with a crappy mod that abuses their power!"

What hit's me in these posts is the word "stuck". Why should we be stuck with someone like that? I'm sure there are already rules in place to remove bad moderators. But i thought an impeachment process would be a good suggestion, as it would help balance fairness and allow the whole forums to get involved.

I figured the process could start by someone having to make a case to the other mods on why someone should be impeached. At this point, the mods would decide if they agree or not, and if they do, It would be put up to a vote for everyone to vote on.

Like i said, i'm sure a mod removal process exists already, but i figure now that we are officially voting Mods in through election, an impeachment process would go hand-in-hand with that.

Again, just a suggestion, what do you all think?

2. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

There is no need. If a mod started to seriously abuse his power, Sly or KB would demote them without the need for any of all that.

Now, if you are suggesting doing something like that just for fun, as a goof, it could be rather funny to watch the proceedings.

3. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Only if they did a reverse election thing. That would be awesome. Though I think we should keep Dagger immune because he'd be easy pickings otherwise, being the new guy and what not.

4. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Yes

5. punchline

That's why i think a user would have to make a case to the other Mods before an impeachment vote can happen. They would have to show an actual abuse of power or lack of quality in their work so that no one is just picked on and impeached for personal issues.

6. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

7. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This.

8. punchline

Fair enough. I just figured with the Mod elections and all, this could be another fun step in really making the running of these forums more interactive and hands on for all the users, with the main power ultimately still in the hands of the Mods to avoid chaos taking over in a situation like that.

Also, it would work well as a check for the balance of power. I'm not at all insinuating anything, but just as an example, what if it were Sly and KB who were the ones that started running rampant for whatever reason? Would there be a way in the current system to keep them in check?

9. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

Sly and KB run the forums. They are the top dogs. They would have the final say in any "impeachment" dealings, so hypothetically, if it were one of them, they would overrule the vote anyway. It would be a meaningless gesture.