MLB Week 2 LD

The offense finally figured it out after 12 men being left on with the #9 hitter brining 2 home on a bases loaded double.

And Chamberlain is out now. And Fenway is rocking.

I love me some Marco Scutaro, yes sir. 3-0 Boston in the bottom of the seventh with two outs and runners on second and third.

Let's go Pedroia!

An Ortiz HR could possibly clinch my fantasy game. I'm only 7 points down, and HRs worth 10, so c'mon Big Papi.

LOL freaking INCHES away from that HR you needed Megatron, but that RBI double should still help your fantasy team.

Right on Papi. I'm so impressed with how he's started off this season, he's been awesome.

Dammit Ortiz you had to hit it to the deepest part. I guess it'll be up to Cano to get me those last 5 points.

EDIT: Yeah I was about to celebrate, but he was about a foot away. They have to get to Cano, and another Texeira strikeout would be cool.

Lost by 3 whole points. Laaaammee.

I blame Paul Konerko. He hit 2 HRs today. Had he had only 1, I would've won. Bastard.

you win some, you lose some. The Yankees have lost only 4 so far and the seasons in its infancy, so losing today isn't the end of the world as we know it. Beckett was outstanding. Yankee bats were terrible. Put those 2 together and you have a recipe for a crap game.

CC did an excellent job ad grinding through as long as he did (5 1/3 innings).

Not a fun time to be a Twins fan right now. Then again they don't really show up until after the All Star break if the last few years are any indication.

Typical Minnesota sports team, only shows up for about half the season then chokes when the season was on the line

as long as the twins suck long enough to ditch Liriano around late June (to the Yankees for a couple Minor Leaguers not named Manny Banuelos), then all is good. They can turn it around like always in July with Liriano in pinstripes, then lose again to the Yanks in the Divisional round.

as long as the twins suck long enough to ditch Liriano around late June (to the Yankees for a couple Minor Leaguers not named Manny Banuelos), then all is good. They can turn it around like always in July with Liriano in pinstripes, then lose again to the Yanks in the Divisional round.

Yeah that's not going to happen, just cause we suck right now doesn't mean we're stupid, why would we trade a fan favorite to a team we seem to run into every year in the post season and already have trouble beating? That would just be idiotic, I doubt Liriano is going anywhere much less to the Spankees

Yeah that's not going to happen, just cause we suck right now doesn't mean we're stupid, why would we trade a fan favorite to a team we seem to run into every year in the post season and already have trouble beating? That would just be idiotic, I doubt Liriano is going anywhere much less to the Spankees

^This about sums it up. This is not the Johan Santana situation all over again by any means of the imagination. Reason why we traded Santana was because we simply could not afford the contract he was demanding. Liriano isn't getting paid until he proves he can be good consistently (as in more than one year) and even then he's not going to command the contract that Santana did. Add to the fact we are finally opening up the checkbook, and if Liriano proves himself worthy of a good contract, we'll pay him.

We've gotten 5 quality starts in a row by our staff, and we're 4-1 in those games.

Funny how that works...

Thankfully the A's are playing horrible defense lately which gives us the first run. Didn't wanna go without at least one, hopefully two.

EDIT: Well thanks for the 5-4-3 DP Inge. Couldn't just hit a fly ball... smh

JV is dealin' right now. 5 K's through 3 IP. If he keeps the pace that he's going at he's gonna be a top Cy Young candidate all year.

Hell, he was great the last two years and that was with poor Aprils. This April is different. He means serious business. And I love it. Wouldn't trade him for anyone.

JV is dealin' right now. 5 K's through 3 IP. If he keeps the pace that he's going at he's gonna be a top Cy Young candidate all year.

Hell, he was great the last two years and that was with poor Aprils. This April is different. He means serious business. And I love it. Wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Damnit I jinxed him. 4 straight hits where the runner made it to 2nd (3 2bs and a 1b+error)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back