MLB Week 6 LD

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
I little lacking in posting in this LD last week, and that's partially because my Internet is just starting to come back well. Nevertheless, happy Mothers Day to all and let's enjoy another week of baseball.

National Broadcast schedule: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/national.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_schedule

And Brad Penny you're a dumbass. 3-2 on Bautista, try and give him something to chase. Don't give him something he can hit 350 feet. The one hitter in the lineup I'd stay away from and he gives him one to knock out of the ballpark. C'mon man. You helped yourself with a double play, then fuck it up with the next guy.

Congrats to Mike Scoscia for earning his 1000th career win as a manager, especially since it was against the Indians.

And Penny was dealing today after the Bautista HR. Another solid start, and everyone in the rotation is pitching well, except for Coke. I'm afraid if Cokes struggles continue we may either A) send him down to AAA to get a few starts in (like we did with Scherzer and Porcello last year, and both of them have done well since) or B) call Andy Oliver up (probably our most major-league ready pitcher, and he's already had a few starts last year) and put Coke back into the bullpen, which wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

I'd prefer option A, though, because I do think Coke has the ability to be a solid starter in the majors and 3 or 4 starts in AAA wouldn't be the worst of things. Plus, we could see how well Oliver has matured since last years short stint.

14 2/3 straight innings of hitless ball by JV. A gap shot double ended the streak, which reached 51 batters. I wanted to see history again, but that was greedy.

Now he has to finish the deal and get the W, though.

It's nice for him now that he doesn't have to hit it a country mile for it to just get past the fence. Kinda like how Texeira has been all career (hitting in Texas and NY for all but about 1 1/2 of his seasons, which are hitters heavens).

Too lazy to make a new LD since these don't get a whole lot of discussion anyways.

And Scherzer just got himself out of a 2 on, 1 out jam. He wants 7-0.

And thats the 2nd flyball that just missed leaving. Cabby had one in the 1st with the bases loaded that went to the warning track.

Crazy how the Tigers have won 10 of 11 with Cabrera hitting below .200 during that stretch. Granted, Martinez has been hot as hell, but you think it would be nice for your best player to get it going.

And Scherzer did a nice job getting himself out of another jam. Hasn't been unhittable, but he's getting the outs when needed.

Benoit has been such a bust so far this year it isn't even funny. He needs to get his shit together. No reason he should have already allowed more runs this year then he did all of last year.

I know you wanna seal the deal with the closer, but with Porcello only at 84 pitches through 8 and only allowing 1 hit I wished he could've had a shot at the CG shutout. Nevertheless, he's been great lately (1.54 ERA in last 37 IP) and looks like he's continuing his groove that he got from the 2nd half of last year.

Leyland lucked out on that one. Had Valverde blown the lead you know people would've been all over him for puling Porcello too early. Still I'll take the W, but we gotta get our offense going. Sooner rather then later would be nice.

Am I the only one that finds it crazy that the Indians have a 7 game lead already over the 2nd place Tigers, which is greater then the Rays/Yankees lead over the Orioles (the last place team in the division).

Just shows you how impressive the Tribe has started off. Hopefully they fall back to the pack soon. I don't expect it, but I can hope.

Coke is out after 3 1/3 with a twisted ankle. A shame, because he was looking quite good before this inning. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Either way, time for Charlie Furbush to make his MLB Debut. Here we go rook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back