• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MLB 2012 Playoffs LD: "Who's it gonna be?"

I'm not sure if Chipper was safe or not, but that umpire knew he wasn't making it out of Turner Field alive if he called Chipper out. :lmao:

Hell of a way to end a career for Chipper. I'd be pissed if that call had happened in my home stadium in an elimination game, too, but ultimately it was the right one, in my opinion. Good game and a good win for the Cardinals.

Wow, from that angle it looked like a pretty terrible call. Looks like ump got faked out.
It was a bad call, but it wasn't necessarily the wrong call. By the time he started making the call, Kozma was still camped out, and he started raising his fist about the same time Kozma started moving back in.

I still don't understand why the Nationals have to go to St. Louis now. What am I missing here?

If I remember correctly, it's because of how the schedule played out. When the second wild-card team idea was decided upon, there wasn't enough time to have two travel days in the Divisional Series. By having the Cardinals host the first two games, there's only one travel day.

If I remember correctly, it's because of how the schedule played out. When the second wild-card team idea was decided upon, there wasn't enough time to have two travel days in the Divisional Series. By having the Cardinals host the first two games, there's only one travel day.

So it is 2-3 like SD asked. That's the key part I was missing. I thought St. Louis had a straight up home field advantage in the series. 2-3 is better than I thought but still not the way it should be. I know they are correcting it next year.

It was a bad call, but it wasn't necessarily the wrong call. By the time he started making the call, Kozma was still camped out, and he started raising his fist about the same time Kozma started moving back in.

I don't ever think he was camped out under the ball. The play very well could have resulted in a legit Inf Fly rule but the ump made a bad last second decision when he saw the guy camp out because he had little time to see where the ball was. I assume that is part of the reason you are supposed to make that call as early as possible.

Who said that?

False. There may be some fans who are acting immaturely, but Atlanta has consistently had very mellow and respectful fans.

Yeah, I get that. But, still, that was a class less act. I really feel bad for Chipper Jones to have that happen in his last game. A shame :disappointed:

Not to be that guy, but this is yet another damning example of how we desperately need instant replay in this game. I think it was the correct call, but come on, review that play and get it right.

I don't ever think he was camped out under the ball. The play very well could have resulted in a legit Inf Fly rule but the ump made a bad last second decision when he saw the guy camp out because he had little time to see where the ball was.

Well, he was under the ball (or where he thought the ball would be) and was waving others off. From the angle the umpire had, it'd be very difficult to tell he wasn't under it, and the umpire certainly couldn't have predicted Kozma would move.

I don't think the umpire did the wrong thing, it just turned out that circumstance made it look bad.

And wow, what a catch by Kinsler.

Kinsler was brilliant on that one.

Hate to see this happen to the Orioles again. Doesn't look like Reynolds is gonna come back to this one.

Don't think he swung either. He was holding up, then got hit and sort of jerked forward.

EDIT: Looks like he's alright to run at least. Good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back