**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the great feuds between HBK and Jericho. This was an amazing feud both times they did it and would be a much watch DVD for me

All I can say is WOW. I consider myself lucky because I was able to follow both guys careers from the start...and because of that it makes this already great DVD even more special. What I didnt expect was the emotion, especially from Bret that got me choked up. Such a great story from the beginning to a happy end.

These two guys were alike in so many ways, and I never understood how good of friends they were in the early 90's. One story in particular after Bret won the WWF title for the first time and how Bret, Owen, Stu, Bulldog and Shawn went out to a bar afterwards in Canada to celebrate and shoot Jack Daniels.

Ive been a wrestling fan for 25 years and have seen all the best matches. As I get older I tend to appreciate the documentaries and interviews more. This is by far my favorite and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Just because they were sitting next to each other doesnt mean they didnt speak how they felt.

Besides the 2 hour sit down interview that covers everything from day 1, the bonuses are awesome. Rockers/Hart Foundation matches, early mid card matches when they were up and coming and also some rare ones, not to mention their popular ones. The promos were gold as well, a couple I had forgotten about.

Figures Id take the time to write a review...an easy 10/10 here.

yup, I agree, it is one of the best dvds the WWE has put out there. I'd rank it up there with the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd! Having WM12 and Montreal on one disc is great, and the interview is a really cool way of doing it. I'm glad they just spoke to those two rather than hear from other superstars. Though, I wouldn't have minded a segment of guys talking about who they really looked up to, maybe as a bonus section or something. Either way though, it was a great dvd and really came full circle going from their beginnings to their closure last year. Growing up I was a huge Bret fan so I was anti-Shawn for a while, but it's nice to be able to really appreciate both men's work after this.

This should be in the DVD thread but anyway, I agree that the Bret Hart Vs Shawn Michaels DVD is fantastic. The emotion here is real and you can see that HBK and Hart still argue about some events today. This is also a good insight in discovering the reasoning behind Shawn Michaels decision to help screw Bret and how it was hard being "that" guy, which is something that I hadn't really heard about. This doesn't take away from Bret Harts emotions of the screwjob though and it
makes the interviews better.
knowing both sides of the story. What makes the DVD so great though Is seeing
that the rival still disagree
about different issues though
have moved on, became
friends and each gotten
some closure from the
events. The DVD, there is no doubt, Is one of the best the WWE has ever released

Watched the new Shawn/Bret DVD yesterday. Massively impressed with it. Thorough, frank, emotional and at no point avoids any issues.

I've read in various places that there is a possibility that the WWE may do a Greatest Rivalries Series.

I have to say that personally I find it hard to see them topping or even come close to the HBK/Hitman doc. It goes without saying that these two had the most intense rivalries in wrestling history and one of the things that contribute to that is the fact that the rivalry was just as intense off screen as it was on. The only other rivalry I can think of that would be anywhere near as interesting to see is Hogan / Savage which is obviously not a possibility now.

My question is which rivalries would you like to see in this series?

Nice review, I agree that it'll be tough to top. But if the WWE wants to make a series out of it....they need to pick 2 guys who have a little history and also some off camera heat as well.

Hogan/Warrior is something I think many old school fans would like to see. There's only a few matches they can show. Their 2 one-on-one matches, their tag match at Summerslam against Slaughter and company, and possibly the Royal Rumble leading up to Wrestlemania 6. (Possibly Hogan's match at WM 8 with Warrior running in)I think they would need to reconcile before doing a sit-down otherwise it would look like something from Jerry Springer.

It's too bad about Savage because he had many great feuds, some of which were personal in real life which would fit right in with this type of series.

next rivalry dvd has to be rock vs austin, hands down one of the best feuds in the wwe, and they have had many of them, they are both back with wwe right now what better time

Well I finally got my hands on the Randy Orton: Evolution Of A Predator DVD set last week and I must say I was very impressed. At first I was a little put off by the way the documentary portion was set up, throughout the DVD it follows Randy from Elimination Chamber all the way to Wrestlemania and along the way it would go back to certain points in his past and the evolution of Randy's career. At first this set up does feel a bit akward, I had just watched the Jericho Documentary a few weeks ago for the 100th time and when I watched Randy's I think I was expecting something more like that, but whether it was just me or the layout it did improve as it went along and felt more natural. The interviewing with Orton was very cool, he's a very quiet and stoic guy so even people who are dedicated fans were really opened up to a whole new vulnerable side of Randy Orton. To top it off, all the matches included are excellent and I remember all of them aside ofcourse from one of his OVW matches included but after that from his Smackdown debut against Hardcore Holly to his World Heavyweight Championship match against Christian 5 days after Christian had just won it.

On another note, I really felt a serious personal connection while watching this documentary and really inspired me if I'm not sounding too corny. I have gone through alot of the same experiences that Randy did as a teenager as well as his dealings with substance abuse and going from being a nice guy, to a douche and back to being cool again. It really made me feel like he went through very similar struggles and made it, so I can too. Sorry to throw in that corny stuff boys but the point is that it's very enjoyable and you will see a very different side of Randy Orton, check it out!

Just watched the Bret and Shawn dvd and agree that its a 10/10.

What caught me off guard was HBK recalling where he wasn't exactly sure what to do or think leading into the incident in Montreal and HHH saying "F that if he doesn't want to do the right thing then we'll do it for him!" And he kept bringing up how much HHH and Vince pushed the issue about screwing Bret. I had some idea that HHH was involved maybe a little being HBK's best friend but that was shocking to me. And Bret's emotion regarding the whole thing before and after the match and how he felt so devastated that they would do this had me choked up as well.

HBK for the most part came off like a stammering idiot without hardly anything bad to say about Bret and hardly any way to justify all the crap he pulled throughout their rivalry other than a lot of nonsensical stammering and "you know"'s. He was genuine and remorseful however and looked very glad to get it all out.

Bret told it exactly like it was and took responsibility for everything that he did wrong and seemed very happy to have closure.

This was very interesting and was so compelling.
Hopefully they do more of these

Watched the new Shawn/Bret DVD yesterday. Massively impressed with it. Thorough, frank, emotional and at no point avoids any issues.

I've read in various places that there is a possibility that the WWE may do a Greatest Rivalries Series.

I have to say that personally I find it hard to see them topping or even come close to the HBK/Hitman doc. It goes without saying that these two had the most intense rivalries in wrestling history and one of the things that contribute to that is the fact that the rivalry was just as intense off screen as it was on. The only other rivalry I can think of that would be anywhere near as interesting to see is Hogan / Savage which is obviously not a possibility now.

My question is which rivalries would you like to see in this series?

Some that came to mind:
Hogan vs. Andre the Giant- WM3, andre winning title at saturday night main event, showdown at shea, mega powers vs mega bucks at summerslam
Lesnar vs. Angle- short, but great matches; both accomplished amateur wrestlers
Cena vs Orton- biggest stars today
Austin vs Rock- which will probably be the next one out
Bruno Sammartino vs Pedro Morales- old rivalry with several match ups; sammartino had longest WWE champ reign, morales was third; i believe they have several matches lasting over an hour
Dudleys vs Hardys vs edge & christain- awesome tag team era

The latest Stone Cold DVD is awesome, Disc 1 is great, Steve is an awesome person! The Greatest Rivalries is awesome as well. Watched The True Story Behind WM, meh.

Finally bought the Four Horsemen DVD from a few years back. The documentary is top notch and measures up to Rise and Fall of ECW. The interviews and the material combine to make this one of the best releases ever.

Also got the Jeff Hardy DVD. The documentary was a bit all over the show, it doesn't compare to Heartbreak & Triumph but the match content seems to make up for it as it covers his whole career. I can't wait to get into that properly.

Well the Rock's new DVD looks rather worthless for the match's. I mean couldn't they pick matches that aren't mostly from the big 4 (Well no mania matches at least, don't need rock vs austin for the 4th time from15/17/19). Already have all the survivor series/summerslam/rumble dvd's, don't need those matches again. Yeah I don't think I'm going to fork out money for just a documentary.

Can't wait to get the Best of KotR/Best ppv matches of 2011 Blu-Ray's next week though.

Honestly rocks dvd will be great. If you own his last dvd that was made by wwe then simply buy this one coming out? Well you would then have an ultimate rock collection of matches with no repeats :) excellent if you ask me.

I liked that they combined the best of raw and smackdown this year instead of doing two separate titles. It made the dvd more interesting and easy to watch with the meshing of both raw and smackdown. I think the dvds have been strong at the end of 2011 going into 2012. I loved best of KOTR, and the shawn bret rivalry. The new Stone Cold dvd was a great trip back in time for me as I am sure the Rocks will to.. I am excited to see what they put out this year.

Can't wait to see Punk's DVD, that thing is going to be epic. But I finally went out and bought The Very Best Of WCW Monday Nitro, and I was not disappointed. Although I've heard alot of people knock this set, they really did pretty well considering they tried to fit nearly about a decade onto three dvds. All the great stuff with the NWO was covered and plenty of great matches, the only complaint I would have is not enough cruiserweights. I was as big a NWO fanboy as anyone but the other thing that made me such a huge fan of WCW was the cruiserweights and they have a few matches in there with Rey, Eddie and Dean I would have liked to see some more and atleast one or two with Chris Jericho. Aside from that though it was a blast watching it, it really brought back alot of great memories and made me extremely nostalgic.

I just think any series that has "Best Of" doesn't understand the DVd and Blu-Ray business. Box Sets has been in since the early 2000's and why buy a dvd that some suit is guessing on what people will watch. Release the whole season like so many other entertainment shows. If WWE thinks 52 shows takes too long don't release that brand period!

I just think any series that has "Best Of" doesn't understand the DVd and Blu-Ray business. Box Sets has been in since the early 2000's and why buy a dvd that some suit is guessing on what people will watch. Release the whole season like so many other entertainment shows. If WWE thinks 52 shows takes too long don't release that brand period!

The biggest problem with a set of that magnitude is the editing. I'm not even talking about the scratch logo or even the word WWF, but advertising and licensed music easily come into play here.

For example, the Wrestlemania Anthology set from 2005 is HORRIBLY butchered because of the censoring.

Now go from 20+ 3 or 4 hour extravaganzas, and try to do years of programming that needs editing. Sadly, it's not as simple as cut and paste to disc.

So WWE is going to do another Best Of Series this time for COTC. I am probably the most critical of WWE when it comes to their dvd's cause I am also in the archival business. There is no doubt its alot of hard work to digitalize enormous amount of video material. There is no excuse for WWE seeing they have had this material since 2001. All archives should be digitalized by now. I would love WWE to do a DVD experiment comparing the same series where one is Best Of and like 6-12 months later release the same series but in its entirety of a Anthology Set. No excuse why WWE couldn't of released a Starrcade Set instead of the Top 25 matches. If there is one event on the similar path to WM its definetly Starrcade. The Nitro release was done on purpose to make Nitro look very weak. How difficult is it to go back to release PTW,RAW,and Nitro year by year box sets. Its time to give back to the fans. WWE has won the war so why are they still acting like they have something to prove to promotions who have been out of business for a while. Other sets that should be released in the Anthology mode should be KOTR,GAB, and Halloween Havoc!

The new Edge DVD/Blu-ray content list has officially been released via WWEDVDNEWS: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/match-lis...-know-me-the-story-of-edge-dvd-blu-ray/20876/

For anyone who doesn't want to click the link, here is the listing here (DVD people be prepared to be pissed):
DISC 1

It’s All Over

A Childhood Obsession

The Winning Essay

Paying to Wrestle

Worth the Struggles

Nothing Happens Overnight

The Silent Mysterious One

Best Friends United

A Variety Package

Spring Boarding into Singles

Teaming with his Idol

A Grounding Halt

A Lifestyle Change

A Fire Inside Explodes

Personal Drama Exposed

Shocking the World

An Even Bigger Chip on His Shoulder

Off and Running

Enjoying the Time Off

Seizing Each Moment

Uncle Adam

My Favourite Moment

Energized and Reinvigorated

The Master Manipulator

Something Didn’t Feel Right

A Champion Retires

Next Challenge

Appreciation Night

Days Gone By

Special Features

The Ninja Star

P.T.A.

Working in WCW

Credgeley

“Real Emotion”
Raw – 8th August, 2005

DISC 2

Adam Impact vs. Christian Cage
South Indian Lake 1995

4-Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. T & A vs. Too Cool
King of the Ring 25th June, 2000

No Disqualification Match
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero
SmackDown 26th September, 2002

Intercontinental Championship Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton
Raw 19th July, 2004

Loser Leaves Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
Raw 3rd October, 2005

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Championship
Edge vs. John Cena
Unforgiven 17th September, 2006

DISC 3

Street Fight
Edge vs. Shawn Michaels
Raw 22nd January, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Undertaker
WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

Pick Your Poison Match
Edge vs. Christian
Raw 17th May, 2010

Fatal 4-Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio
TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 19th December, 2010

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett
Elimination Chamber 20th February, 2011

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

BLU-RAY EXTRAS

“One Foot in the Grave” Tour

Achilles’ Heel

Squared Circle Essay Contest 2011

Edge’s Dogs

WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
Royal Rumble – 25th January, 2009

Edge Announces His Retirement
Raw – 11th April, 2011

Edge Appreciation Night
After the Show – 13th September, 2011

Here's the Amazon pre-order link

Just got Netflix so I've got a ton of wrestling documentaries and today I watched The Hardy's documentary and the older one called Behind The Mat about all the hardships behind the scenes for wrestlers.

The Hardy one was one half about Matt and the other about Jeff and that would have been done but they reused alot of stuff for each guy so when I went from Matt's portion to Jeff's it was a bit boring from their childhood to them ending the tag team and going singles. It gave me a little more respect for both guys, I loved the hardys back in the day but after Matt's feud with Edge he kinda went to shit(aside from his stuff with MVP) and I lost respect for jeff when the drug shit came up but I gained more respect for them as people. Matt for being a leader that got the two of them to the big show and Jeff for taking what he could get and running with it. Aside from Jeff's shitty music and poems in his portion the content was good and id reccomend it to anyone.

Beyond The Mat is an older documentary and the video and audio quality is very obviously 90s but the content was very good. It's alot different from any other wrestling program because it shows you that the wrestlers not only are in general very sweet and kind people but that they have alot of stresses and problems. Terry Funk and Mick Foley really focused on the fact that they were sweet people but had worries(themselves and their families) about wrestling hurting their health and bodies while Jake The Snake has incredible personal issues and family problems, so much so that it nearly had me in tears because I felt so bad for this guy. Although its a very sobering experience, Beyond The Mat is a very entertaining and insightful documentary and I'd reccomend it to any true fan.

Beyond The Mat is an older documentary and the video and audio quality is very obviously 90s but the content was very good. It's alot different from any other wrestling program because it shows you that the wrestlers not only are in general very sweet and kind people but that they have alot of stresses and problems. Terry Funk and Mick Foley really focused on the fact that they were sweet people but had worries(themselves and their families) about wrestling hurting their health and bodies while Jake The Snake has incredible personal issues and family problems, so much so that it nearly had me in tears because I felt so bad for this guy. Although its a very sobering experience, Beyond The Mat is a very entertaining and insightful documentary and I'd reccomend it to any true fan.

"Beyond The Mat" is an incredible documentary, definitely one of the best I have ever seen.

Its shocking to see how far Jake Roberts has fallen since his heyday, and how badly wrecked Terry Funk's knees are- and yet he continued to wrestle for about another 10 years.

Seeing the reaction of Mick Foley's wife and kids as The Rock repeatedly nails him in the head with a chair during their epic I-Quit match at the 1999 Royal Rumble is hard to watch, and makes you wonder why these people do what they do when you see the effect it has on their families to see them getting hurt.

New Jack is also extremely entertaining on the DVD, as he goes for acting classes, and seeing Vince McMahon encouraging Darrin Drozdov to throw up into a trash can so he can play the "Puke" character is pretty odd.

Definitely worth a watch, I 100% recommend "Beyond The Mat" to any wrestling fan.

The new Edge DVD/Blu-ray content list has officially been released via WWEDVDNEWS: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/match-lis...-know-me-the-story-of-edge-dvd-blu-ray/20876/

For anyone who doesn't want to click the link, here is the listing here (DVD people be prepared to be pissed):
DISC 1

It’s All Over

A Childhood Obsession

The Winning Essay

Paying to Wrestle

Worth the Struggles

Nothing Happens Overnight

The Silent Mysterious One

Best Friends United

A Variety Package

Spring Boarding into Singles

Teaming with his Idol

A Grounding Halt

A Lifestyle Change

A Fire Inside Explodes

Personal Drama Exposed

Shocking the World

An Even Bigger Chip on His Shoulder

Off and Running

Enjoying the Time Off

Seizing Each Moment

Uncle Adam

My Favourite Moment

Energized and Reinvigorated

The Master Manipulator

Something Didn’t Feel Right

A Champion Retires

Next Challenge

Appreciation Night

Days Gone By

Special Features

The Ninja Star

P.T.A.

Working in WCW

Credgeley

“Real Emotion”
Raw – 8th August, 2005

DISC 2

Adam Impact vs. Christian Cage
South Indian Lake 1995

4-Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. T & A vs. Too Cool
King of the Ring 25th June, 2000

No Disqualification Match
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero
SmackDown 26th September, 2002

Intercontinental Championship Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton
Raw 19th July, 2004

Loser Leaves Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
Raw 3rd October, 2005

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Championship
Edge vs. John Cena
Unforgiven 17th September, 2006

DISC 3

Street Fight
Edge vs. Shawn Michaels
Raw 22nd January, 2007

Edge vs. Undertaker
WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

Pick Your Poison Match
Edge vs. Christian
Raw 17th May, 2010

Fatal 4-Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio
TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 19th December, 2010

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett
Elimination Chamber 20th February, 2011

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

BLU-RAY EXTRAS

“One Foot in the Grave” Tour

Achilles’ Heel

Squared Circle Essay Contest 2011

Edge’s Dogs

WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
Royal Rumble – 25th January, 2009

Edge Announces His Retirement
Raw – 11th April, 2011

Edge Appreciation Night
After the Show – 13th September, 2011

Here's the Amazon pre-order link

Just got the Edge dvd and the biography part is done really well. They even got into the whole Matt Hardy Lita thing which was pretty interesting. The match lineup seemed pretty short compared to some of the other DVDs, but got a match with him and Christian from what looks like a HS gym in South Indian Lake from 1995 which was gritty and kinda hard to see but was pretty good overall. I would say this is one of the better wrestler DVDs they have done in a while. Also looking forward to Punk's dvd.

Has anyone seen anything on the new Superstars collection DVDs WWE is putting out? The first two come out July 10th, and it is Zack Ryder, and John Cena. Seems like it will be two separate DVDs released on the same day, and both will be one disc. I couldn't find any future releases at this time and was wondering if anyone had anymore info than I have?

Has anyone watched The Rock:Great Ones dvd? It was a toys r' us exclusive. I bought a copy and decided to keep it sealed. It only has a few matches on it, but wondered if anyone saw it? If so, what did you think of it?

Just watched WWE's Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Brett Hart on Netflix Instant; wanted to see if anyone else has had a chance to see this?

It is a two hour interview conducted by Jim Ross with Shawn and Brett with various clips throughout, taking your from when they came into WWE up to reconciling at Raw last year. It really doesn't pull any punches and both Brett and Shawn are incredibly candid and honest (at least it appears they are honest) including more insight into the Montreal Screw Job than I have seen before (i.e. Shawn flat out saying the idea was Hunter's). Also, it really had a behind the scenes kind of feel discussing things like selling for the other opponent, guys putting over other talent (or not wanting to) and other stuff the IWC loves to talk about.

I really can't recommend this enough as it was one of the better WWE productions I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back