Missed Opportunities for DVD'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

finneycom1

Pre-Show Stalwart
Recently, I was looking over my collection of wrestling dvd's and thinking about all of the classic footage that McMahon and Co. have given us access to, over that past couple of years. I am huge DVD "mark", and I love when they release historic dvds(History of the AWA, Ric Flair and The Four Horseman, etc.) I recently won the NWO: Back in Black DVD on Ebay(been trying to get find that bitch forever and didnt want to pay close to $100 for it on Amazon). Anyway, I was thinking, since WWE has the rights to just about any wrestling footage you can think of, I was thinking about DVD's that may or may not, be advantageous for them to release. I find myself, getting on YouTube and watching footage that CANNOT be found on any WWE dvds on the market. Here are some ideas that I thought of that I would love to see:

Sting: A WCW Legacy (this DVD has been rumored to be released for awhile)

The Best of LaParka: WCW years (Like him or not, one of the funniest and entertaining men ever to step foot in the ring)

Lost and Found: One Hit Wonders (Best of the worst in gimmicks and storylines)

Best of Series: Halloween Havoc, Bash at the Beach, Clash of the Champions, ect. (Their Starcade video was great!)

What are your thoughts on this? Would these be successful? What are your ideas for DVDs? Is WWE missing opportunities here?

Hmmmmmmm this is a cool thread. I have thought about various DVD's which the WWE should release. The ones i have chosen are similar to yours finneycom1.

Sting (Will his DVD ever get a release?)
History of Halloween Havoc, Clash of the Champions & Bash at the Beach.
Ravishing Rick Rude (I don't think a DVD has been released for him)
Feuds (A DVD which shows footage of feuds over the years, also talking about how they started and how they ended)

Great thread idea...I was watching some old WCW stuff on YouTube and came across some Glacier matches. He, along with many others at that time in WCW, had an outlandish and unique gimmick.

I think a DVD showcasing some of the "weird" gimmicks from wrestling history would be cool. Guys like Glacier, Mortis, Kwang, Mantaur, The Viking.....the list could go on forever. Just a fun DVD which would show some of the nutty stuff creative teams can come up with.

I like this thread I Collect Wrestling DVDS and there are SO many that they need to come out with here are ones I would love to see come out

1. The Best Of NWA/WCW Saturday Night
2. Hard Times : The Big Boss Man Collection
3. Hart Attack The Best Of The Hart Foundation
4. WCW Halloween Havoc The Complete Anthology
5. Bulldog: The Davey Boy Smith Story
6. Everybody Has A Price : The Ted Dibiase DVD
These 6 are the ones I would really love to see on DVD

Hmm missed opportunities for DVD's

I got a couple:

History of the United States Championship

The King of Harts: The Owen Hart Story

Break the Walls: The Chris Jericho Story (still waiting on that WWE.)

Kurt Angle: Wrestling Machine (just a collection of Kurt's best matches in the WWE.)

Can you dig it? The Booker T story

War Games-same style as hell in a cell and ladder match dvds.

That's all the ones I can think of right now.

I'd deffinately buy the Jericho and Angle ones if they were to come out. The problem is often I already have a lot of the PPVs where the matches come from.
So I'm going to have to say a more complete match based best of Smackdown and Raw and then from there WCW Nitro?

5. Chris Jericho-The guy is a tremendous talent and I think he doesn't get viewed enough as an elite guy.
4. WCW PPV classic matches-I would love to see some of the old scaffold matches; War Games; even the deal where they had 3 rings put together. Lots of great material to collect.
3. AWA Classics-One of the prettiest titles I have ever seen is the AWA championship. This is where the likes of The Road Warriors, The Wrecking Crew, and Curt Henning made their way. Not enough gets said about AWA.
2. WCCW Classics-Von Erics! Plain and simple. Not to mention being able to see some of the guys we love when they were younger. Like Undertaker when he was The Punisher, Stunning Steve Austin, Fabulous Freebirds. I would LOVE this collection and so would many collectors.
1. The Four Horsemen: Beginning to End - I've always wanted a run down of who was in the baddest group in all of wrestling. The classic matches they had. The 'vintage' run-ins they would do as a group. Everyone knows what holding up 4 fingers means, now lets see how it all got started.

The most intriguing ones I've seen listed are the ones for Sting, Bash At The Beach, and Four Horsemen. Those are all pretty big pieces of WCW history, and would be a must-see for every wrestling fan. They'd all sell a ton, and would draw in a few old school fans.

I'd also love to see a DVD release on the Monday Night Wars. Show what happened behind the scenes with both companies, how shows were booked, Vince and Eric's reactions to the other company's moves...It was a huge chess match, and seeing everything that happened would be fun to watch.

Big boss man, Rick rude, sting, davey boy smith, the British bulldogs (team), Owen hart y2j. They are all DVDs that the wwe need to get onto as there anthologys are brilliant I'm sure I could think of more

tHIS WOULD BE GREAT i HATE HAVING TO WATCH SHIT VIDOES ON YOUTUBE.
WWE OWNS NEARLY EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FOTAGE IN EVERY WRESTLING COMPANY.

I WOULD LOVED TO BUY A STING DVD AND IT WOULD BE ONE OF MY FAVS.

THEY HAD SOME STING FOOTAGE ON THE GREATEST SUPERSTARS OF THE 90'S DVD.

HOPE THEY DO WOULD SPEND ALOT OF MONEY ON THEM.HUGE DVD COLLECTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back