**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology:

I was honestly looking forward to this DVD, but as is often the case I feel let down. Yeah it's a perfectly entertaining DVD with some quality matches, but it's let down by a poor documentary and some of the worst presenting since Maria & Matt Striker somehow wrangled the Randy Savage gig.

When it comes to talking about the Hart Family you really need to only take about a few of them. Nobody gives a fuck about the Hart sister who spawned Teddy Hart, or Natalya Neidharts mother (who I suspect has had some kind of stroke, they do run in the family.) or the Hart brothers who didn't appear in WWE on occasion. You really only need to talk about Stu, Bret, Owen, the two shithouses who appeared at Survivor Series 1993, extended family members like The Bulldog & Anvil as well as females who appeared occasionally like Diana (Lookin' fine, but I don't like the muscular arms) and the mother (Y'know what, her name actually escapes me at this very moment). The rest can easily be summed up with a quick ''There were these ones too'' and maybe a quick video package of them singing at Christmas.

They go through every Hart family member. Although they seem to dedicate a lot of time to one inconsequential Hart family member at the beginning but then give up on their pre-allocated time per-Hart after her. As such Bret & Owen (he died y'know) get less time dedicated to them, in their specific sections, than this one female Hart.

It's not terribly informative, a Stampede Wrestling DVD would probably have been a better idea. But then you couldn't have had the pink & black cover that'll make this DVD shift more than it would otherwise.

The next two discs are a collection of matches presented by The Hart Dynasty. If The Hart Dynasty had any sort of charisma or screen presence then I'd imagine this could've been a whole lot better. However they don't so it's not. To think, some people actually find Natalya to be attractive.

The matches are mostly good, the great ones you've seen before. The rest you'll forget about instantaneously. Bret Hart describes the Hart Family match at Survivor Series 1993 as ''very good'', he's wrong.

Watching this made me realize that The British Bulldog should probably get his own (2 Disc) DVD. As the biggest wrestlers in British history and somebody with a semi-iconic gimmick I think he's worthy. As for Diana saying that The Bulldog was the biggest sporting celebrity in the UK in 1992, like most Harts she's wrong. The Bulldog was walked to the ring by a British sporting celebrity who was bigger than him at the time. And Lennox Lewis wouldn't have even made my top 5 for the time.

Closing thoughts - Who knew Jim The Anvil was so camp. Carry On Anvil, carry on.

Shawn Michaels: My Journey

From The Vault *****
Heartbreak & Triumph ****
My Journey ***

Still, better than those videos they bought out in the wake of Shawn Michaels first world title win. The problem is that all his best matches are the previous two big HBK sets. From The Vault was the absolute best HBK had to offer, H&T was some of his less famous stuff, My Journey is a cash in. He's retiring so we'll capitalize on it sorta thing.

The main interview doesn't help. Michael Cole is a lame interviewer and HBK is a fairly dull interviewee. HBK has his moment and it doesn't help that Cole doesn't ask him any interesting questions. It's also, not frustrating, but pointless, talking about a match then because it's on another set they show a rematch off Raw. They talk about the brilliant match HBK had with Mankind in 1996, then because this is supposed to be new material they then show a pretty poor match off Raw. They'd have been better off having the interview separate on disc one. Although 90 minutes in one go is probably too much. Straight Shootin' skills Michael Cole does not have.

The matches are fine. You'd be hard pressed to find more than two matches that you'd consider classic. One Night Only 1997 & WrestleMania 25 are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. It's pretty much a set of 3 star matches. People will rate them higher because they're Shawn Michaels matches, but considering his status you'd have to rate them lower. Sane people would anyway.

Lastly, what is up with the music on the DVD titles? Sounds like a shit sitcom theme.

So apparently Y2J's DVD has a new title Breaking The Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho which it think is pretty good, better than The Highlight Reel title. The cover art has also been released which can be seen here http://videoeta.com/movie/124695 its nothing special in my opinion just a picture of him with the walls of jericho on Edge (I think). The release date has also been pushed back a week to September 28th. 2 matches have been confirmed Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack, ECW Hardcore TV, 12th March, 1996 and Y2J's first match ever against Lance Storm.

Im really looking forward to this DVD!

The WWE fans love to hate Chris Jericho. Throughout his remarkable career he has provided sports entertainment fans with amazing matches and astounding moments whether he was in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, WCW, and WWE. He's also left his mark on the entertainment industry outside the ring, from his band Fozzy, writing a NY Times bestselling autobiography, through his appearances on VH-1's "I Love..." shows and his role in the hit film "Magruber". But his most famous moments are in sports entertainment, where Jericho has won multiple championships, including the WWE, World Heavyweight, a record number of Intercontinental titles, and the night when he defeated both the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to become the first ever WWE Unified Champion. But Chris Jericho has never had his remarkable career highlighted in a DVD set until now. This 3-disc release will include a never-before-seen documentary on the life and times of Jericho featuring new candid interviews with Jericho and his rivals, as well as more than a dozen of his greatest matches.

The Official matchj listing for Jericho's DVD is out and it looks really good

Disk 1

A Star is Born
International Sensation
Land of the Extreme
Arrival in WCW
Best in Show
Never Evvver the Same Again
Conspiracy Victim
Armbar
Greenberg
The Millennium Man
The Y2J Era Begins
Undisputed Champion
Highlight of the Night
The Highlight Reel
Facing an Idol
Total Buffoonery
You’re Fired!
Breaking Out
Fozzy
Time Away
Breaking the Code
An Honest Man
Career Renaissance
Save Us
The Best in the World at What I Do

Special Features
A Young Fanatic

Jack Action

Leon de Oro

The Thrillseekers Vignette #1

The Thrillseekers Vignette #2

"Have you heard of Chris Jericho?"

Paul Heyman’s Roommate

Mister Salty

The Man of 1,004 Holds
Nitro – March 30, 1998

Conspiracy Victim
Nitro – June 1, 1998 (2:30)

Father Knows Best
Thunder – June 11, 1998

"Hello, Lexington!"
Thunder – September 10, 1998

Do You Smell What Y2J is Cookin’?
RAW – October 30, 2000

Sharing a Beer with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Post-RAW – August 25, 2003

Jericho vs. The Old Man
Post-Smackdown! – November 17, 2009

Jericho’s Junction

Fozzy Music Video – Let the Madness Begin

Disk 2

"Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm
Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990
Alternate Commentary By: Chris Jericho & Matt Striker

The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos
Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994

International Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon
Japan July 7, 1995

Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack
Hardcore TV March 12, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Fall Brawl September 14, 1997

Mask vs. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
Nitro July 27, 1998

The Millennium Countdown Clock Expires
RAW August 9, 1999

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
No Way Out February 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Triple H
RAW April 17, 2000

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
No Mercy October 21, 2001

Undisputed Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Vengeance December 9, 2001

Disk 3

No Disqualification Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Hulk Hogan
SmackDown May 2, 2002

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003

WWE Championship You’re Fired Match
Chris Jericho vs. John Cena
RAW August 22, 2005

Save_US.Y2J
RAW November 19, 2007

Intercontinental Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy
RAW March 10, 2008

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
No Mercy October 5, 2008

No Holds Barred Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
Extreme Rules June 7, 2009

Non-Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Undertaker
SmackDown! November 13, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Edge
WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010

It is a shame about the lack of Benoit matches but it is certainly expected, I'm surprised they didnt have the Rock match from Vengance as well as the SCSA one. I would have changed the HHH match to the Fully Loaded one but they are all minor changes, overall it looks like a great DVD and I will definitely be buying it.

The Best WWE PPV Matches Of The Year 2009-2010 - AKA Some Good Matches From A WWE Calendar Year

I bought this even though I've already got each PPV disc that these matches come from. Fortunately I'd forgotten all about that classic 6-Pack match at Night Of Champions and Christians epic ladder match with Shelton Benjamin. I didn't watch them again, obviously, but I did contemplate it. For a second at least.

John Cena appears in the most matches on the set even though last year was a fairly average for him. At least they didn't feature any of his matches with The Big Show. Or did they? I forget. Cena doesn't have memorable matches these days.

They make a point of having a match that involved Sheamus & Drew McIntyre. You've got to feature two heavily pushed new guys. Instead of adding the solid matches both had at TLC they add their Survivor Series match. Yes you're right, it's not very good.

I think there are some interviews as special features. From what I can remember they're 30 seconds long each and they talk like wrestling is a legitimate sporting contest. Well, Cena does, but he's a moron.

Not enough Rey Mysterio.

Yeah, I picked up the Best PPV Matches of 2009-2010. Proof that not all the matches were shit. There are some good matches on here. Getting ready to watch Edge vs Jeff Hardy @ Judgement Day. I think the match listing is pretty decent. John Cena is in here alot. Taker vs HBK II is included on the disc, didnt think it would be for some reason. Bragging Rights, Team Smackdown vs Team Raw, DX vs Legacy @ HIAC. The only Diva's match is Michelle McCool vs. Mickie at the Royal Rumble. No big loss there.

Undertaker's Deadliest Matches:

Did you know that the Undertaker's story started before Survivor Series 1990? Well it did. Came from the voice of the man himself, our humble narrator, The Undertaker. If you want to find out what Undertaker did before Survivor Series 1990 then tough shit, no explanation is given. Unless of course if you include that Kane back story bollocks, which I don't.

It's not really a DVD compilation of his deadliest matches. For one, nobody dies and secondly most of the big ones are missing. If they hadn't waited 5 years between 'Taker DVDs then this set would probably be more complete. Still, it's alright. There are a couple of pointless Smackdown & Raw matches. But there are a couple of curios worth watching. His Mabel feud is underrated and it's a shame the Ultimate Warrior feud didn't go further. However if it did I wouldn't imagine Undertaker would be undefeated at WrestleMania.

Early Undertaker matches are just as shit as you remember, the later ones make you wonder how good he could've been if he wasn't limited by his gimmick. Overall a solid set.

Rob Van Dam: One of a Kind
Approx. running time: 331 mins.

Disc 1

Robbie V vs. Scotty Flamingo
WCW Worldwide · 08.02.93

RVD vs. Axl Rotten
RVD's debut in ECW · Hardcore TV · 05.01.96

RVD vs. Sabu
ECW Hardcore Heaven · 22.06.96

RVD & Sabu vs. The Eliminators
ECW Tag Team Championship Match
ECW Crossing the Line Again · 01.02.97

RVD vs. Lance Storm
ECW Barely Legal · 13.04.97

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy
Raw · 12.05.97

RVD vs. Tommy Dreamer
ECW vs. WWE Flag Match
ECW November 2 Remember · 30.11.97

RVD vs. Bag Bam Bigelow
ECW World Television Title Match · Hardcore TV · 04.04.98

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
ECW World Television Title Match
ECW Living Dangerously · 21.03.99

Injuries & Moves
The "Van Daminator" & the debut of the "Van Terminator"

RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
ECW Guilty As Charged · 07.01.01

Disc 1 Review
All of these matches are great to watch as they show the early days of Robbie V in WCW and show how he progresses through into ECW for the first time, giving birth to "The Whole F'N Show".

Throughout the DVD, Rob gives some interesting insight about each match before and after you see it, saying what he thought about the match, what it was like, and he then introduces the next match.

When RVD first comes into the WWF and debuts on Raw against Jeff Hardy, Jerry Lawler introudces him in ring as RVD has his chance to flame ECW a little before the match begins.

The match itself was a great match, Rob looked golden because Jeff looked as if he was putting Rob over perfectly; but RVD pulls out the victory and dominates Jeff through the best part of 5 minutes with a very cocky pinfall.

That's all I have to say about Disc 1 - Now for Disc 2!

Disc 2

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy
WWF Hardcore Title Match · InVasion · 22.07.01

Frog Splash

RVD vs. Chris Jericho
WWE King of the Ring Semi-Final Match · 22.06.02

Comparing ECW & WWE

RVD vs. Christian
Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Monday Night Raw · Chigaco, IL 29.09.03

I'm not going to go through the Extras because I don't want to spoil them even further, they can be more or less the best part of the DVD itself whichever way you look at it.

The Hardcore Title match at InVasion was an amazing match, and was much better than the RVD/Jeff Hardy match back at Raw in 97. It was a solid match, nobody really had the upper hand at any point; there was one botched move in the match though, but that didn't phase me personally. The match was to good'a standard for me to be phased by a small botch. RVD picks up the victory with style, the way only ROB..VAN..DAM, can.

My personal favourite match on the ENTIRE DVD was RVD vs. Chris Jericho at KoTR. I love both RVD and Chris Jericho, but this match really showed the both of these superstars off and they pushed the limits. I can't explain how good'a match this was because I ACTUALLY don't want to spoil this match, I believe it's the best on the DVD. You won't be dissapointed.
Overall DVD review?

Match Quality: 4/5
Entertainment Quality: 4/5
Extras Quality: 5/5
Rating: 5/5

This DVD is deffenitly worth getting if you're a fan of RVD, or simply because you want a good DVD to add to your collections. Hope you enjoyed my review.

Iron Will: The Anthology Of WWE's Toughest Match -

A collection of all of the Elimination Chamber matches so far. Basically it's the main events from the past three February PPV shows with a few other matches added on. Chamber matches are consistently 4 stars. Even the worst Chamber match, the December 2 Dismember match, is still fairly solid. That ones pretty much let down by the crappy wrestlers involved in it, although at the time only Hardcore Holly was out of place.

The gimmick peaked with the first Chamber match in 2002. No other have come even close to matching it. But like I said each one still produces a match worth seeing. Although the gimmick is fairly worthless now. Wrestlers frequently go from being a number #1 to 5 contender at an Elimination Chamber/No Way Out PPV to either not appearing at the next months WrestleMania or not being added to WWE's other multi-man number one contender match Money In The Bank. You've also now got guys like R-Truth, Big Daddy V & Mike Knox in the matches, if wrestlers are just filling spots and not being used to advance angles then a different gimmick should be used.

The greatest moment even in a Chamber match is Goldberg's short five or so minutes in 2003.

Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series -

There's a good reason it's taken me 9 months to get round to even entertain the idea of playing this DVD, Hogan is crap. Admittedly the first disc is entertaining, it's always good to see matches where a wrestler like Hogan doesn't do all the stuff that he's know for in matches.

The amount of backne he has in some of the earlier matches is unreal. Great credit must go to the make-up people at WWE. At first I thought it was hair, but no, it's scabs.

I know its a shot back to the 90's days and it only costed 10 bucks but i just seen at wal-Mart and bought the WWE legendary Moments dvd..its hoosted by John Cena...Iv only watched half so far but its pretty awsome as far as a rememberanc goes...Anyone else seen it?

Raw: The Beginning - The Best Of Seasons 1 & 2

4 discs of some of the worst wrestling you are ever likely to see. However it's worth purchasing if you were watching WWF around this time. I loved every second of it. Mostly because I'd forgotten about almost everything that covers the set, but I was instantly reminded once it began. Great nostalgia DVD, terrible wrestling DVD.

Ricky Steamboat: The Life Story Of The Dragon

Ricky Steamboat, great wrestler. Shame he has zero personality. Skip the documentary, he's a dullard and he'll make you wish you'd never been born. Same with some of the matches. Yeah, it's a great hour long match. But why watch a great hour long match when you can watch three great 20 minute matches?

Breaking The Code: Behind The Walls Of Chris Jericho

Good DVD, although the documentary is worthless. Surely this won't be the last Jericho DVD. You'd expect not considering it's the first. As there's a real lack of WCW, ECW and other promotions except WWE, I'd have done the first disc differently. It's not like Jericho has had a brilliant WWE career.

Breaking The Code: Behind The Walls Of Chris Jericho

Good DVD, although the documentary is worthless. Surely this won't be the last Jericho DVD. You'd expect not considering it's the first. As there's a real lack of WCW, ECW and other promotions except WWE, I'd have done the first disc differently. It's not like Jericho has had a brilliant WWE career.

Wow that review really surprised me man, I would have expected the DVD to have an excellent documentary. We know that WWE can do them and they have the footage to do an indepth look at Y2J's early days in ECW and WCW? Very disappointing if that is the case. I think my brother has ordered me this DVD for xmas so I hope I enjoy it more than you did!

Bit shocked that you dont regard Jericho as having had a great WWE career? He has been an upper mid-card to main event level wrestler for the last decade, held the IC title more than anyone and was the first ever Undisputed champion, as well as holding other titles. Pretty successful in my book? Or maybe you were being sarcastic and I misread it?

The documentary is a fluff piece. It'd possibly be more interesting if there hadn't been a Benoit & Guerrero set that were fairly similar in terms of story. Their journey into WWE were all kinda the same.

Jericho is a piss poor champion, so I'd never take into consideration how many titles he's held as a way to evaluate him. With all of those reigns he's had he should surely have had at least one stand out reign. Also throughout his career he's had problems with keeping his character fresh. From late 1999 until just before he left in 2005 he was incredibly stale and had very few stand out matches. Upon his return in 2007 until his heel turn he was a colossal bore and even after his inspired heel turn in 2008 he then proceeded to say the exact same things for the next two years.

I like him as a worker, however I think he's probably the most overrated wrestler of all time. Good, but not that good.

This is my review of the recently released Top 50 Superstars of All-Time DVD that I made and posted on my Facebook page. I hope you guys enjoy...

wwe-top-50-superstars-of-all-time-20101008003815312-000.jpg

WWE's Top 50 Superstars of All-Time

(4 out of 5 stars)

WWE have finally jumped on board with the countdown fad that has dominated entertainment and pop culture over the last 20 years. Whether it's music, films, television shows, sports, even commercials, it seems that everything is ranked and compared with one another, especially in the competitive society we live in these days.

Now there's nothing that more easily makes for a good discussion topic and that can raise tremendous controversy and debate than a good, top 100 or top 50 list. And after years of the likes of VH1 (who invented the televised countdown special with their show, "The Greatest"), Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, TV Guide, the New York Times, Time Magazine, and other media companies producing greatest lists about any topic, WWE has finally jumped on board and produced a DVD counting down it's list of the 50 Greatest "Superstars" in WWE history.

Professional wrestling doesn't really have a lot of these types of list to look at and compare, unlikes other legitimate sports, films, and especially music. The only other notable "greatest list" in regards to professional wrestling was a book made in 2002 from the guys at the Wrestilng Observer of the 100 Greatest Professional Wrestlers of All-Time. It's list is different from WWE's list in that the list features wrestlers of all eras (featuring wrestlers from the early 1900's like Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt all the way to the early 2000's with Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock), all continents (not only American wrestlers, but Japanese, Mexican, European, and even a wrestler from India), and it has much more definitive sets of criteria on the art of professional wrestling as a whole.

This list by WWE is shorter (50 compared to 100), and mostly features wrestlers who enjoyed most of their career in the WWE although it does include some wrestlers such as Lou Thesz, Nick Bockwinkel, Jack Brisco, and Dory Funk Jr. who either never wrestled for the WWE or wrestled there on a minimal basis. Supposedly it was created based off of individual lists from the current roster of wrestlers in WWE, highlighting their favorite wrestlers. Although I'm sure some politics and personal grudges on the part of the owners of WWE (ie: Vince McMahon) played somewhat of a role in the rankings of certain wrestlers (wrestlers that have left WWE for TNA in recent years, for example, are the main ones that felt the wrath of McMahon, ala: Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan in particular). Although you can tell that the individual lists of wrestlers and opinions of the current roster did legitimately play a major role in the rankings of the list as it was supposed to (the top 5 is heavily influenced by today's generation of wrestlers who grew up as children and teenagers in the 1990's which the top 5 heavily represents). This list like any other features serious controversies and points of debate (Hulk Hogan at #23? He should be #1 frankly, or at the very least, the top 5; Shawn Michaels as the greatest superstar of all-time? I don't think so; no British Bulldog, Razor Ramon, or Chris Benoit?; Rey Mysterio being in the top 10?). But that's what makes it fun and interesting to talk about.

This review though isn't so much about the list itself. It's about the DVD, the presentation of the list, and whether the DVD is worth watching. My opinions on the list itself is a whole other topic.

And as for the DVD, it's well worth watching. To start off with, on a personal level this DVD excites me majorly. One, because anyone that knows me knows, I am a huge fan of lists of any topic of entertainment. Everyone knows that I make lists all of the time ranking things, and I have a major catalog of music lists (both in magazine form, and saved on my computer). I love countdown presentations and lists. So it's like a dream come true that my other big passion besides music, professional wrestling is finally getting the treatment. Also, I actually suggested this very idea for a DVD project about two years ago on WWE's website on a DVD survey they had fans take. I was asked what I liked about WWE DVD's at the time, what I didn't like, what I would like to see. And one of the DVD's I mentioned that I would like to see made in the future was a project that is basically this DVD. I suggested a 100 Greatest Superstars of All-Time DVD, in which the list would be made by the current roster of wrestlers and HOFers, and management of the WWE, and the DVD would feature a countdown special of the list, with both past and current wrestlers talking about the wrestlers on the list. Two years later, WWE has made that very DVD. I'm not making this up btw. I really made this suggestion. I don't know if there was a serious demand from fans for such a project (I don't know if other fans besides myself stated on the survey that they wanted such a DVD made), or if the guys taking the survey really liked my idea and went forward with it. Either way I'm ecstatic to see such a DVD finally be made.

With that said, how does the DVD stack up? I think it stacks up very well. The DVD is a three disc set. The first disc features the top 50 superstars countdown. The 2nd and 3rd disc features matches of the wrestlers on the list. So you definitely get your money's worth.

To start off with, the list of matches on the DVD contains some real gems, along with some more recent matches that are more common, but are still great matches. Some of the highlights include a match between Lou Thesz and Antonio Rocca (another guy who should've been on the list) from the early 1960's, some classic NWA championship matches between Jack Brisco/Dory Funk Jr. and Harley Race/Terry Funk, a boxing match between Gorilla Monsoon and Andre the Giant, a match between Gorilla Monsoon and boxing icon, Muhammad Ali, a 6 man tag team match from the WWF in the mid 1980's between Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, and the Junkyard Dog against Randy Savage, Harley Race, and Adrian Adonis, the 1992 WWF championship match in which Bret Hart won his first WWF championship against the legendary Ric Flair, and a Fatal Four Way WWF Championship Match on Smackdown in 2000/1 ish between Kurt Angle, the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the Undertaker. Some of the more common, but great matches include a Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Championship from Wrestlemania 22 between Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, and Kurt Angle, a tag team match pitting The Undertaker and Batista against Shawn Michaels and John Cena, and the great matchup from Wrestlemania 24 between the Undertaker and Edge. Plenty of good matches from the current roster of wrestlers, mixed with some old school matches for those that want to study their wrestling history.

As for the countdown presentation itself, this is where the DVD loses a star in it's rating and makes the DVD a 4 star DVD rather than a 5 star. The presentation as far as how the countdown is done, and the visual presentation is phenomenal. The video packages on each wrestler, like anything WWE produces in this field, is top notch. I don't think there's anyone in the entertainment and sports worlds that makes better video/highlight packages than the guys in WWE. This is one area where UFC is still way behind in. The NFL isn't even as good. Anyways, like I stated, the video packages for each wrestler are phenomenal. Each wrestler has a 2-3 minute presentation highlighting their careers and wrestlers talking about what made them great and impactful on the wrestling industry and WWE. The top 5 has about 4-5 minute presentations which is fitting. All of the commentators (wrestlers/figures) are well spoken, insightful, and are passionate about the wrestlers on the list they're speaking of, and make good arguments for each wrestler's inclusion on the list. The presentation itself is great.

But there is one flaw that really disappointed me and is the sole thing that makes the DVD lose a star rating. That being whom they selected to talk about all of the wrestlers on the list.

The biggest problem is that 75% of the wrestlers have the same 5-6 people on the DVD talking about them. John Cena appears talking about every single wrestler on the list. Which is okay, becuase he is well spoken, knowledable, passionate, and he's the biggest star of this era, which adds credence and legitimacy to his opinions. But in addition to him, they have the Miz, Kofi Kingston, Josh Matthews, Matt Striker, and William Regal (who I also enjoyed) used on almost every wrestler. William Regal and John Cena I'm cool with, they're great and I care about what they have to say. But I'm sorry you couldn't get anyone better than Josh Matthews to talk about someone? I don't really care what the Miz, Kofi Kingston, Josh Matthews, and Matt Striker have to say about someone. It's mostly newer guys who've done little in the business talking about the wrestlers on the list. Legends such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Triple H, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Roddy Piper, etc. appear very little and the few times they do appear, you can tell they are older interviews. Now I know they couldn't get new interviews with Hogan and Flair due to them being in TNA, but over the last 10 years when both have been with the company, they have done plenty of interviews I'm sure that could've made them be included much more than they were.

Hulk Hogan appeared on the countdown three times talking about Billy Graham, Freddie Blassie, and the Rock. Hulk Hogan in past WWE DVD's and interviews has talked about Jake Roberts, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Big Show, Undertaker, Triple H, and more. With the exceptions of Stone Cold, Jake Roberts, and really Bret Hart, all of the previously mentioned wrestlers have played decent roles or major ones in the career of Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan idolized Andre the Giant, was major friends and rivals with Randy Savage, got his start wrestling for Jerry Lawler, mentored the likes of Edge and Big Show, and was a major rival for both Flair and Piper. You're telling me that they couldn't use some older Hogan interviews to talk about all of these guys?

Ric Flair is used more frequently on the DVD talking about Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Andre the Giant, Eddie Guerrero, and I believe Jack Brisco. So he's used more frequently, but still he could've been used much more. Some of the wrestlers on the list that played major roles in the career of Ric Flair that could've used some thoughts from Flair on their video packages include Triple H, the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Curt Hennig, Jerry Lawler, Buddy Rogers (who Flair owes his career to), Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and Terry Funk.

Bret Hart only appears on the countdown talking about a wrestler one time, with a very brief and short comment on Ricky Steamboat, from Steamboat's DVD earlier this year. Bret Hart is currently an active member of the WWE roster. He still makes appearances on certain shows. You're telling me they couldn't have got Bret Hart to come into the WWE studios (like they did Cena, Miz, Jericho, Regal, Josh freakin' Matthews!) and talk about some of the guys on the list? Bret Hart is/was major friends and peers with the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels (definitely more a peer than friend hehe), Mick Foley, Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude, Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant, etc. He idolized Terry and Dory Funk Jr., and Harley Race. He mentored Edge and Chris Jericho, and is a big fan of Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, and Eddie Guerrero. They couldn't use Bret Hart at all on the DVD? His insight would've been phenomenal and added so much weight and legitmacy to the greatness of the wrestlers on the list.

Same with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Older interviews of his appear a few times on the countdown showing off his thoughts on Ricky Steamboat, the Rock, and Terry Funk in particular. But you're telling me that they couldn't have also gotten Stone Cold to come in and talk about some of his peers and wrestlers he idoloized or influenced? His thoughts on Bret Hart (he inducted him into the HOF for crying out loud), Ric Flair (in his opinion ,the best ever), Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Mick Foley (one of his biggest peers), Triple H (ditto), John Cena (his successor and a man he respects highly), Jake Roberts and Ted Dibiase (two of his biggest influences), Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, would've made the DVD 10 times better.

The Rock doesn't appear once. Granted he's a busy Hollywood actor these days and doesn't do anything with WWE anymore (excluding his appearance at the 2008 HOF ceremony inducting his dad and grandfather), but they couldn't use any older interviews of him talking about Stone Cold, the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, etc.?

Roddy Piper only appears one time on the countdown with an old clip of him talking about Bret Hart (which is awesome), but considering he is still active with WWE and still does stuff with the company (he was on Raw like 4-5 weeks ago), the WWE couldn't have gotten him to come in and provide commentary on some of the wrestlers on the list? People like Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Curt Hennig, Hulk Hogan, Gorilla Monsoon, Jimmy Snuka, Randy Orton, etc.

Triple H, who is one of the current superstars that should've been all over the DVD only appears on the DVD four times talking about Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, Killer Kowalski (who trained Triple H) and *cough* Jeff Hardy? It was nice to hear him talk about Jeff, but what major role did Jeff play in Triple H's career? They had some good matches a few years back, but that's really all. They didn't have Triple H talk about Ric Flair, who is supposedly Triple H's biggest idol. He didn't talk about his biggest peers in Stone Cold, the Rock, or Mick Foley. Didn't have him talk about Randy Orton or Batista, two guys' whose careers he helped launch with the Evolution faction. Didn't have him talk about Big Show, Kane, or Chris Jericho, some of his peers he's faced on numerous occassions. Nor John Cena. Nor some of his other peers like Edge, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, or Eddie Guerrero. Didn't talk about wrestlers he idolized like Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Nick Bockwinkel, Lou Thesz, Curt Hennig, Jack Brisco, etc. I was stunned to not see Triple H (who is one of the leaders company both on-screen and off) on the DVD hardly at all. Maybe he was pissed off at not being in the top 10 and thus shunned the project lol.

Randy Orton shockingly does not appear on the DVD once. He is along with Cena the biggest younger star in the company today, and as a 3rd generation wrestler who grew up in the wrestling industry, he could've provided some great insight on wrestlers. I would've loved to have heard him talk about some of his father's peers like Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, etc. And Cena practically has an orgasm over Randy Orton on Orton's videopiece talking about how great he is. Orton couldn't have returned the favor for Cena? Maybe Orton didn't appear to keep in line with his character (like the Undertaker), but being's he's a babyface now, that's not really an excuse. As one of the top guys in the company, Orton should've been on the DVD. Although his lack of appareance would probably make my sister add a star to her rating of the DVD lol.

CM Punk only appears one time talking about the Undertaker. CM Punk is one of the greatest in the business today. He was only on there once, whereas Josh Matthews is on there like 10-12 times, and Matt Striker is on there for the majority of the wrestlers. Really?

Edge, another one of the best of this generation only appears once or twice talking about Stone Cold, Jeff Hardy, and I believe the Undertaker. Where were his thoughts on Hogan (his biggest idol), Flair, HBK, Bret Hart (another one of his idols), and some of his peers like John Cena (the best opponent of his career), Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, etc.?

Terry Funk appears about three times talking about his brother and I can't remember who else but doesn't talk about Mick Foley! Their careers are intertwined. That's crazy. Funk should've talked about Foley. You don't think about Terry Funk without thinking of Mick Foley and vice-versa. Unfathomable.

And then there is Shawn Michaels who is not on the countdown one single time to talk about somebody. Much like Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, and Stone Cold, you are telling me that they couldn't have flown Shawn Michaels into WWE studios to talk about some of the guys on the list? Yeah he's retired, but he still does appearances for WWE on occassion. He could've and should've been on this DVD. There were plenty of people he could've talked about. Wrestlers that influenced him like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, Curt Hennig, Randy Savage, etc. His peers like Bret Hart, Stone Cold, the Undertaker, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, etc.

Where was Jim Ross? Few people in the business have more insight and knowledge and are as good of speakers as Jim Ross. His comments on someone I believe only appeared once and he wasn't even shown for it. You're telling me his insight on the likes of Hogan, Stone Cold, the Rock, Taker, HBK, Flair, Hart, and well pretty much anybody lol wouldn't have made the DVD better?

And perhaps the guy who has more authority and knowledge than anyone in history, Vince McMahon only appears three times in old clips talking about John Cena, Stone Cold, and Bret Hart. Vince's comments on some of the wrestlers on the list would've been phenomenal and made it so much better. Vince is perhaps the only guy who has witnessed the careers first hand of just about all 50 wrestlers on the list. His insight and opinions on the wrestlers on the list would've been incredibly interesting. (I'd personally like to see Vince McMahon's individual top 50 ever list, then again, I'd like to see anyone's).

Then there are tons of other legends such as Greg Valentine, the Honky Tonk Man, Dory Funk Jr., Pat Patterson, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Ken Patera, Ronnie Garvin, Arn Anderson, Sherri Martel (in older interviews done before she passed away in 2007), Verne Gagne, Jim Brunzell, Baron Von Rasche, Bobby Heenan, Antonio Inoki etc. who only appear 1-3 times on the countdown and could've been used so much more.

And then there are legends like Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Jake Roberts, Nick Bockwinkel, Mike Rotunda, Barry Whindam, Tully Blanchard, and more wrestlers/legends who still do stuff with the company on a decently regular basis (except Roberts) who don't appear at all. These guys also could've provided lots of insight.

Now don't get me wrong. The guys they have talking about the wrestlers for the most part were good choices and do a good job. William Regal, Chris Jericho, and John Cena were the most worthy of the current wrestlers on there that are used frequently. Cena is the biggest star and face of WWE today, is a passionate fan of the history of the business, and knows his shit. William Regal is one of the most underrated wrestlers in history, came of age at the same time in the '90s that many of the best ever did (Foley, Austin, HBK, Triple H, Taker, Hart, Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, etc.) and also knows his shit. Jericho is just awesome and one of the best ever. Of course he should be on there talking about the guys on the list. While the Miz is somewhat newer, he shows great passion for the wrestlers he talks about and was good and interesting to listen to. Kofi Kingston has yet to really prove himself as a great wrestler but is okay as well. Matt Striker is very well spoken and also knows his shit. But his career has been minimal and he is mostly known as a commentator. I just don't consider what he has to say to be really validating to the guys on the list. And Josh Matthews? Who cares what he has to say lol. The highlights for me are the legends, the true greats that talk. Unfortunately as I mentioned above they're not used much. Arn Anderson, Ric Flair (in old clips) appear a decent amount of times. Jerry Lawler and the Million Dollar Man probably appear more times than any of the other legends and thus are probably the highlights.

I enjoyed the few times that outside wrestling figures were used. Wade Boggs (a legendary baseball player from the '80s) talks about his friend Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig, and his idol as a child, Jack Brisco. Because of Boggs being a long-time wrestling fan, I would've been interested to hear more of his thoughts on other wrestlers. I also would've been intrigued if they could've gotten a few other athletes from other sports to come on and talk. Mike Tyson is a long-time fan and noted historian of wrestling. His thoughts would've been interesting. Muhammad Ali would've been an honor to have on (his career was constantly intertwined with pro wrestling), although understandably due to his condition he could not participate. Perhaps Floyd Mayweather or Shaquille O'Neal who are long-time fans that have done stuff with WWE over the years would've made for some interesting insight and views. I love the Gorgeous George segment in which Hollywood historians talk about the impact that Gorgeous George had not just on wrestling but entertainment and pop culture in the 1950's. That really added some credibility to his impact on wrestling, and American pop culture as a whole (which was immense). I also appreaciated comments from Sheldon Goldberg, a noted professional wrestling historian who talks about Georgeous George, Bruno Sammartino, and Lou Thesz.

Seeing Greg Valentine (in his only appearance) talking about the Rock, and Antonio Inoki (in English subtitles hehe) talking about Bob Backlund were surprising and delightful treats as well.

So the selection of commentators wasn't bad and did provide for some great treats. I just think it could've been done so much better. Other than Bruno Sammartino, Sting, Randy Savage, and the Ultimate Warrior, pretty much any wrestler from the last 30-40 years could've been used on the DVD. Even wrestlers currently in TNA like Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, and Mick Foley could've been used more due to footage from older interviews (which was done with Hogan and Flair, and Jeff Hardy on one occassion). WWE has good contacts with just about every major name of the last 40 years. And yet 80% of them were used minimally or not at all, and yet Josh Matthews is all over the DVD. That right there is what brings the DVD down from 5 stars to 4.

Still, this is a wonderful DVD and essential for any pro wrestling (and especially WWE) fan's collection. Go out and get it now. Excellent stuff.

Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero
One of the best 3 disc collection DVDs out there. This showcases just about every single one of Eddie Guerrero's greatest matches from WCW, ECW and WWE. It also includes a special fourth disc, featuring both the Raw and Smackdown tribute shows to Eddie Guerrero in November 2005. 11 Hours 40 Minutes of pure latino heat!

Disc 1
Hardcore TV - 8th April, 1995
ECW World Television Championship
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Hostile City Showdown - 15th April, 1995
ECW World Television Championship
Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

Starrcade - 27th December, 1995
Shinjiro Otani vs. Eddie Guerrero

Hog Wild - 10th August, 1996
United States Heavyweight Championship
Ric Flair vs. Eddie Guerrero

SuperBrawl - 23rd February, 1997
United States Heavyweight Championship

Nitro - 10th November, 1997
WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Starrcade - 28th December, 1997
WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

Slamboree - 17th May, 1998
Ultimo Dragon vs. Eddie Guerrero

Nitro - 3rd August, 1998
Juventud Guerrera vs. Eddie Guerrero

Thunder - 24th June, 1999
Psychosis vs. Eddie Guerrero

This is some classic Eddie Guerrero action here. Starting off majorly in ECW against stars like 2 Cold Scorpio and Dean Malenko, Eddie started showcasing his pure wrestling ability and how destined he was to become a fighting champion. These ECW matches were brilliant. Great wrestling ability and classic Eddie Guerrero technical and high flying ability. Such a great thing to watch back, and completely submerge yourself in some vintage wrestling.

Moving into WCW, we see Eddie go up against some major superstars such as Ric Flair, Lionheart Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr.

Need I say more? You need to buy this DVD. It's such a good watch and it's classic Eddie Guerrero action. Amazing Wrestling right here. I loved Eddie Guerrero's work in WCW, espacially with Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr. This is the part in WCW history when they were going through an amazing era with high flyers and technical geniuses. I wish I was born a few years previously before 1994 to live through some epic Wrestling within WCW. Sadly, I never got to watch WCW during it's time. I started watching Smackdown in 1999 and didn't know about WCW until they started appearing on WWF programming.

Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero from SuperBrawl 1997 was an absolutely epic match. A true phenomenon. You cannot go without seeing this match, it's beautiful in-ring work and a joy to watch.

Disc 2
Raw - 3rd April, 2000
WWF European Championship

Smackdown - 8th June, 2000
King of the Ring Qualification
Matt Hardy vs. Eddie Guerrero

Backlash - 21st April, 2002
WWE Intercontinental Championship
Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero

Raw - 29th April, 2002
WWE Intercontinental Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Eddie Guerrero

Smackdown - 26th September, 2002
No DQ
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero

Backlash - 27th April, 2003
WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Angle vs. Los Guerreros

Smackdown - 11th September, 2003
Latino Heat Parking Lot Brawl
John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero

Royal Rumble - 25th January, 2004
Chavo Guerrero vs. Eddie Guerrero

No Way Out - 15th February, 2004
WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero

My favourite era of Eddie Guerrero, WWE era. The reason I enjoyed this era is because I grew up with it and I can remember everything about it. From Eddie Guerrero crushing on Chyna, flaunting his Latino Heat sex-appeal to toppling the next big thing, Brock Lesnar to finally achieve his life long dream of becoming WWE Champion.

Again, Disc 2, like Disc 1, shows some brilliant wrestling matches that shouldn't be missed by any wrestling fan. This disc is my favourite. No Way Out 2004 is very emotional and it's a great match. Who'd have thought that Eddie Guerrero could beat Brock Lesnar? Great stuff.

Disc 3

Smackdown - 18th March, 2004
WWE Championship

Judgment Day - 16th May, 2004
WWE Championship
John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Eddie Guerrero

Smackdown - 15th July, 2004
WWE Championship
John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs. Eddie Guerrero

Smackdown - 14th April, 2005
WWE Championship Series
Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero

Smackdown - 9th September, 2005
Steel Cage

No Mercy - 9th October, 2005
World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. Eddie Guerrero

Special Features Match

Smackdown - 11th November, 2005
Eddie Guerrero's Final Match
Mr. Kennedy vs. Eddie Guerrero

Out of all the discs, this is probably my least favourite. Don't get me wrong, the matches are immaculate, great to watch, and again, classic Eddie Guerrero, but you can really see that Eddie Guerrero is having problems outside of the ring and it's waring off on him. Seeing Eddie's last match is emotional aswell, just because you know that's the last time you'll ever see the greatest mexican wrestler of all time, wrestle again.

I would have liked to see Eddie Guerrero beat Batista at No Mercy for the World Heavyweight Championship, but 2005 was Batista's year. He was going through a "monster Triple H 2003 reign" so I'll let him have his year.

Judgment Day 2004 on this disc was insane. Eddie's blading job in that match was both incredibly stupid but brilliant. One of the best blading jobs I've ever seen, even rivaling Undertaker's at No Mercy 2002 against Brock Lesnar.

Final Rating
I give this DVD a solid 4/5 rating. It's a brilliant DVD, but there are a few matches that were great and weren't featured on the DVD itself. Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle from WrestleMania 20 for example. That wasn't on this DVD. I was quite shocked really, that was an awesome match. The ending was funny aswell. "The boot went flyin'!" ~

Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero = 4/5*

I know there was another thread here discussing this but I was unable to find it so if a MOD would like to merge this, I'd appreciate it.

I got the DVD for Christmas and watched it and I am quite disappointed in two things:

1. Neither Flair nor Hogan was in the top 10.

What kind of BS is this? It has to be due to the fact that both are now in TNA. I can see no other reason for the guy who carried the company on his back for just about all of the 80's (Hogan), and his counterpart (Flair) in WCW who is also considered by most as one of the greatest of all time to not be included in the top 10.

I mean who out there is gonna look at me with a straight face and tell me that Rey Frickin' Mysterio is better than Hogan and Flair? It's bullshit!

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin is #3 on this list.

Not to disrespect Shawn Michaels or the Undertaker but neither of these guys are to the business what SCSA is to the business. When Hogan stepped away, Austin took the ball and carried the company on his back for the rest of the time of its existence until health issues forced him to step down.

The company is still looking for the next SCSA to step in and be the face of the company. I sorry but you can't tell me that John Cena is anywhere near what SCSA was to this business.

And yes I would put Taker and HBK in my top 3... just not at 1 & 2. I'm not so sure HBK deserves to be ranked ahead to Taker to be honest.

I had some other issues as well but these are my biggest two. HHH not being in the top 10 is one but it's still not as big a deal as the main two I've listed.

I'm sure there are others who agree but I didn't get to read their posts because I didn't want to read the other thread until I'd seen it for myself. So I'm sorry if this is repetitive.

Monday Night Wars..

One of the best DVDs out there, great story behind them.. I actually learned a lot about WCW since I didn't have a proper background about WCW.. Great stories, good documentary and they selected great moments that highlighted the ratings and changed things around. They really were straight to the point on this DVD and you were just curious to find out what would happen on the next Part of the dvd..

The disadvantages are:

- They skip out some parts of the nWo, some good parts not neccesarily important, but the formation of nWo 2000 and how it was just getting more boring.. Also the This is your life segment involving Mankind and The Rock that was a hit was a factor in those rating and you got some interview from people who were actually not really much a highliting part except Benoit.. I would have loved it if they did an interview of the Rock, they did one of Mankind and I loved it...

Overall, great video to watch... An "A" grade DVD

was wondering if anybody has reviewed or watched the heenan, cena, or highest foyers dvd, thinking of buying all of them for my collection but just wanted to know if they are very good

I'm a big WWE/TNA DVD connoisseur so i'd like to throw out some quick opinions on my most recent bought ones.

1. WRESTLING'S HIGHEST FLYERS (for you, BIGGSHOW)

Absolute SHIT! Hosted by a guy who's commentary I'm a fan of, but he sucks in this, Josh Matthews. It's a mismatched clusterfuck of people. Each person has a 90 second-ish highlight package and 1 match. It is in no particular order. Fuck, they gave the "WWE Light Heavyweights" a section just so they weren't completely overshadowed by the WCW Cruiserweights. the cruiserweights section was pretty good although it could have just been called "Luchadors".
Some shit match choices include:
Evan Bourne vs Zack Ryder (WWE Superstars)
John Morrison vs Tyson Kidd (WWE Superstars)
Brian Pillman vs. Alex Wright (Great American Bash '95)
Shawn Michaels vs. Vader (Summerslam '96)
Taka Michinoku vs. Pantera (No Way Out '98)

and some rare good ones:
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero (Halloween Havoc '97)
Lita vs. Trish Stratus (RAW)
Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian (WrestleMania 2000)
Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin (RAW)

The best bit of this 3 disc set is the "Sky-cam" segments. Includes Kofi Kingston Doing the Boom Drop off a ladder.

2. BREAKING THE CODE: BEHIND THE WALLS OF CHRIS JERICHO

O...M...G! This rocks. There's not much I can say about this without going into a huge tangent.

Contrary to the beliefs of an above poster, the documentary is great. It focuses on his childhood, WCW, WWF, his time off and Fozzy and then his return. Kayfabe does not exist here. He speaks quite candidly about WCW underutilizing him and how he hated being a face.

Special features have some of his all time best bits/promos including:
The man of 1004 holds
Conspiracy Victim
When his dad showed up on Nitro
When he gets lost imitating Goldberg

plus more. it also has two segments which were filmed once the show went off the air. When he shares a beer with Stone Cold and after a Smackdown where he has a 3-4 minute long argument with some old guy. CLASSICS!

The match choices leave a bit to be desired, but there's still some classics:
His first ever match. Literally FIRST EVER!
vs. cactus Jack, I think his ECW debut
vs. Eddie at fall brawl
vs. The Rock (No Mercy '01)
vs. Stone Cold, FIRST EVER UNDISPUTED CHAMPION!
vs. HBK (WM19)

CLASSIC!

3. BEST PPV MATCHES OF 2009-2010

Eh. 'Salright, i suppose. Hosted by Cole & Striker. The only special features are some short interviews with people about their matches in the set.

Some good matches include:
Cena vs Edge (Backlash, last-man-standing)
Edge vs Jeff Hardy (Judgement Day, underrated)
Kofi vs MVP vs Miz vs Swagger vs Carlito vs Primo (NoC, also underrated. If you like spot-fests, you'll love this)
Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler (Summerslam)
Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk (Summerslam, TLC match)
First ever Bragging Rights match
Team Miz vs Team Morrison (Survivor Series)
Christian vs Shelton (TLC)
Undertaker vs HBK (WM26)

Actually, after looking over this, this is a pretty good set.

OK everyone. I may be back with some of my personal faves. Hope you like this. Please write some feedback.

BIGGSHOW ask and you shall receive.

DVD Review of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

I bought a bunch of wrestling DVDs when my tax money came in, and the first one I wanted to watch was the retrospective of Bobby Heenan. I looked forward to watching this because I have always been a fan of Bobby's work as both a manager and as a broadcaster. As a child, I loved watching Hulk Hogan beating all of the guys that Heenan and his Family threw at him. I really wanted to see how the WWE would portray his entire career from the AWA to the end of his career.

At the beginning of the DVD, it opened right up with what would be considered one of the highlights of Heenan's career: the Wrestlemania III match-up between Hogan and Andre even before the opening montage of clips and interview quotes.

As with any career retrospectives, the DVD opens up with Bobby's childhood, talking about how he dropped out of school and took care of his mother and grandmother after the death of his aunt. He worked in the Indianapolis Coliseum for a number of years before being offered a job in the AWA by Wally Carbo. It didn't take long to get into Bobby Heenan's career as a manager, because it didn't take long for Heenan to make his mark. The early interviews come from legends such as Larry Hennig, Greg Gagne, Blackjack Lanza, and Nick Bockwinkel as well as his wife Cindy.

After his AWA days the DVD moves quickly but seamlessly into his WWE years, showing a montage of wrestlers who were involved in Heenan's Family. The Islanders, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorff, Rick Rude, Andre the Giant, Hercules, and Harley Race were just some of the wrestlers mentioned. The DVD goes into depth about the effect that Heenan had on his wrestlers and how he would get involved in the matches. Bobby The Brain Heenan's DVD had the perfect mix of wrestlers and legends who brought their perspective of his career and the effect he had on their career. Arn Anderson was a nice touch discussing how the Brainbusters took their name directly from his moniker, and having Gene Okerlund all over the DVD was great because their careers were just about perfectly aligned with their time together in the AWA, the WWF and WCW.

One of the most intriguing parts of the DVD to me was the discussion of how the crowd would chant "Weasel" and how the announcers and wrestlers would get into the act and play off of the chant, culminating in the match with the Ultimate Warrior in which Heenan was forced to wear the weasel suit.

The DVD focused a lot on his humor and how the WWF used his humor in a variety of ways, mostly with the interactions he had with Gorilla Monsoon. It's a shame that Gorilla Monsoon wasn't alive to be a part of these interviews, because I would have loved to get his perspective on the years that they spent together. The DVD even included coverage of the four episodes of Bobby's half hour show that would air as the last half hour of the Prime Time Wrestling show. There were great snippets of compliments from his wife Cindy, his daughter and from Vince McMahon.

The DVD also had coverage of his time in WCW, and how he was unhappy during his time there even though he signed with them to be closer to his family while his daughter was growing up in school. It also touched on his battle with throat cancer and the depression that he suffered as a result of the cancer treatments. It was a very touching segment that was very personal and showed a tender side of Heenan.

On the whole, this DVD covered everything in his career effectively. There were seven matches on the second DVD, five of which involved him as either as a wrestler or a manager, and the last two matches were his coverage of the 1992 Royal Rumble (which coined the phrase "It's not fair to Flair") and his coverage of the Wrestlemania 17 Gimmick Battle Royal.

My only complaint is that I would have liked to have seen more of his memorable promos included in the extras. There were a few that were included, but I would have liked to have seen more of his interactions with Gorilla Monsoon and maybe included one of the episodes of The Bobby Heenan Show to get a better look at the comedy side of his career.

On the whole I was extremely entertained watching the DVD and it was nice to see legends, other managers, and even current stars giving their praise to Heenan. I would highly recommend watching this to get an idea of what a real sports entertainer should aspire to be, because Bobby Heenan is clearly the gold standard of what a manager and broadcaster should be. I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars for pure entertainment value, and the extras probably 3 out of 5 just because of the lack of broadcasting interaction with Gorilla Monsoon.

Just got one watching the 50 Greatest Superstars of All-time and although the list is very controversial and I don't agree with it, it was a very entertaining dvd, presentation wise at least.

I want to know, if you could make three changes to the list, what would you change?

And why?

I watched "Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho" last night.

While I enjoyed reliving alot of my favourite moments from my favourite wrestler, I don't think I'd rate it as a documentary.

Large chunks were obviously glossed over *cough*ChrisBenoit*cough* and more often than not, it was people explaining how an angle went wrong or what they didn't like about it. Working as a babyface - he hated it. The Goldberg feud blowoff - pissed him off. His WWF debut - he didn't like it. Working with Stephanie - it didn't work.

I adore Chris Jericho, but he's so monumentally hard on himself. One of the closing statements was about how he doesn't think he's the best, he thinks he has lots more to learn and how he spends most of his time backstage sat with his head in hands, wishing he could be better. I think he was trying to be humble, but it came off kinda masochistic.

It left me with the feeling I should give him a big hug and remind him he's a multiple time cruiserweight champion, tag team champion, intercontinental champion, world champion, first ever undisputed champion and he's stolen many a Wrestlemania with his matches. You've genuinely achieved it all Chris. A little boasting is expected :)

BIGGSHOW ask and you shall receive.

DVD Review of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

I bought a bunch of wrestling DVDs when my tax money came in, and the first one I wanted to watch was the retrospective of Bobby Heenan. I looked forward to watching this because I have always been a fan of Bobby's work as both a manager and as a broadcaster. As a child, I loved watching Hulk Hogan beating all of the guys that Heenan and his Family threw at him. I really wanted to see how the WWE would portray his entire career from the AWA to the end of his career.

At the beginning of the DVD, it opened right up with what would be considered one of the highlights of Heenan's career: the Wrestlemania III match-up between Hogan and Andre even before the opening montage of clips and interview quotes.

As with any career retrospectives, the DVD opens up with Bobby's childhood, talking about how he dropped out of school and took care of his mother and grandmother after the death of his aunt. He worked in the Indianapolis Coliseum for a number of years before being offered a job in the AWA by Wally Carbo. It didn't take long to get into Bobby Heenan's career as a manager, because it didn't take long for Heenan to make his mark. The early interviews come from legends such as Larry Hennig, Greg Gagne, Blackjack Lanza, and Nick Bockwinkel as well as his wife Cindy.

After his AWA days the DVD moves quickly but seamlessly into his WWE years, showing a montage of wrestlers who were involved in Heenan's Family. The Islanders, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorff, Rick Rude, Andre the Giant, Hercules, and Harley Race were just some of the wrestlers mentioned. The DVD goes into depth about the effect that Heenan had on his wrestlers and how he would get involved in the matches. Bobby The Brain Heenan's DVD had the perfect mix of wrestlers and legends who brought their perspective of his career and the effect he had on their career. Arn Anderson was a nice touch discussing how the Brainbusters took their name directly from his moniker, and having Gene Okerlund all over the DVD was great because their careers were just about perfectly aligned with their time together in the AWA, the WWF and WCW.

One of the most intriguing parts of the DVD to me was the discussion of how the crowd would chant "Weasel" and how the announcers and wrestlers would get into the act and play off of the chant, culminating in the match with the Ultimate Warrior in which Heenan was forced to wear the weasel suit.

The DVD focused a lot on his humor and how the WWF used his humor in a variety of ways, mostly with the interactions he had with Gorilla Monsoon. It's a shame that Gorilla Monsoon wasn't alive to be a part of these interviews, because I would have loved to get his perspective on the years that they spent together. The DVD even included coverage of the four episodes of Bobby's half hour show that would air as the last half hour of the Prime Time Wrestling show. There were great snippets of compliments from his wife Cindy, his daughter and from Vince McMahon.

The DVD also had coverage of his time in WCW, and how he was unhappy during his time there even though he signed with them to be closer to his family while his daughter was growing up in school. It also touched on his battle with throat cancer and the depression that he suffered as a result of the cancer treatments. It was a very touching segment that was very personal and showed a tender side of Heenan.

On the whole, this DVD covered everything in his career effectively. There were seven matches on the second DVD, five of which involved him as either as a wrestler or a manager, and the last two matches were his coverage of the 1992 Royal Rumble (which coined the phrase "It's not fair to Flair") and his coverage of the Wrestlemania 17 Gimmick Battle Royal.

My only complaint is that I would have liked to have seen more of his memorable promos included in the extras. There were a few that were included, but I would have liked to have seen more of his interactions with Gorilla Monsoon and maybe included one of the episodes of The Bobby Heenan Show to get a better look at the comedy side of his career.

On the whole I was extremely entertained watching the DVD and it was nice to see legends, other managers, and even current stars giving their praise to Heenan. I would highly recommend watching this to get an idea of what a real sports entertainer should aspire to be, because Bobby Heenan is clearly the gold standard of what a manager and broadcaster should be. I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars for pure entertainment value, and the extras probably 3 out of 5 just because of the lack of broadcasting interaction with Gorilla Monsoon.

thanks a lot the dvd was funny, i forgot a lot of those moments boy did that bring back some memories. now i was wondering if you have seen the john cena experience

Just A Rumor On Possible WWE DVD Is "Masked Men Of WWE " Following All The Mask Of WWE ... ;)
And Plus Its Of A Nice Lad Called Jack Tuclan Who Is Part Of The WWE Production Team Who Got Me Free Tickets For The Live Wrestlemania Revenge Tour In Liverpool ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back