**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just got the Best Of WCW Nitro and so far I am so happy seeing the greatest memories of the greatest wrestling ever but i am unhappy with the bars on the side. is anyone else mad about this also?

I'm two disks into Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho. This is pretty much the first biography disk set I've watched not counting the Undertaker's Deadliset Matches which I recommend. I don't know the format of bio DVDs but with this set the first disk was all biography. It was alright but like most movies the Jericho books were far better.
The second disc was a collection of matches ranging from his first one with Lance Storm and ending with Y2J winning the Undisputed Championship. Out off the matches they presented my favorite was the one of him wrestling Eddy Guerrero during WCW for the cruiserweight belt.
I can't wait to get to the third disk because that's his later stuff, which is when I started watching, in fact I had only just started watching WWE a few monthes before he lost to Cena and quit, so I hope I'll enjoy some of the wrestling that got my hooked on it.
After this I may watch Edge's set or The Hardy Boy's.

What is the best dvd of the last couple of years to buy? im looking to add more to my collection only have big shows,kanes,the rocks,jerichos and just bought the ladder match dvd also have wrestlemania 22,23,and 25.

I tried the Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro.

It was surprisingly like every other episode of TNA Impact. There's only so many times you can see Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting and Eric Bischoff before you wonder "for f***'s sake! how does this continue to air..."

What is the best dvd of the last couple of years to buy? im looking to add more to my collection only have big shows,kanes,the rocks,jerichos and just bought the ladder match dvd also have wrestlemania 22,23,and 25.

Edge A decade Of decandance is a very good aswell as bret hart the best there is the best there was and ther best there ever will be are awesome

I've been trying to watch the WCW Nitro dvd, but the condensed version they have for streaming on netflix, but the video doesn't work.

1) Is anyone else having this problem?

2) Is the dvd worth buying? Honestly. I hate dishing out $20 (although not much, it adds up) on WWE's dvds when they normally end up disappointing me.

Best of Nitro is worth the buy for sure I just wish WWE would spend the money to upgrade old videos to high def blu rays so we don't have to see the bars on the side. The have the technology out there to make non-high def into high def so why is WWE behind on that?

The History of Wrestlemania Volume 1:

This was an excellent DVD and gave a history of All WM's up to 2010 I believe. It really gets everyone's opinion from a shoot interview perspective. Example: It goes into how Hogan and Flair were originally supposed to be the main event at WM8, but due to creative differences between the two, and the pre-matches at house shows hadn't really got the pop they were expecting, so they changed it to a double main event into what we know it as today Hogan/sid Flair/Savage.

I really enjoyed Vince's perspective on the early WM's. You can tell he loves the business with all his heart, and he really took a HIGH risk gamble with WM1. They talk about the WM's that were complete failure's. To me the most interesting WM they talked about was WM9.

I recommend this to any wrestling fan who enjoys learning about the backstage part of the business, how the show is put on, and hearing wrestlers thoughts and opinions on WM. It opened my eyes as to how big of a spectacle WM really is.

I recently watched "OMG WWE's 50 greatest moments".

And honestly, it was pretty DAMN good.
I dont disagree 100% with the top 50 they picked.... and I sure as hell agree with #1!.
They gave about half of the OMG moments to Stone cold but better that than a DVD full of Cena (the dvd is reletively Cena free).
My only gripe with this DVD is that Disc 1 which was the top 50 list had this really annoying generic music and someone saying "oh my god" between each and every entrant. And that really got on my tits.

On the other hand disks 2 & 3 were matches from the OMG dvd and were in chronological order and were almost all classic matches that were worth the watch.~
So in short. I reccomend this DVD and I give it an 8/10

For those of you with Netflix, WWE's 50 OMG Moments is available for Streaming. It doesn't have the matches but just the countdown. But like someone else said, it is actually pretty good.

Also available are The Ricky Steamboat story which is absolutely excellent I cant recommend it enough because he really was a top notch talent and his story was pretty interesting, The Bobby The Brain dvd which again is really good, The Hart Family one that tells about literally every Hart even the non-wrestling members as well as Davey Boy and The Anvil getting their own parts, and The Rock Most Electrifying Man dvd which unlike the others, contains all three discs with his best matches.

And they got the new Macho Man dvd which I haven't seen yet but it looks good. So if you have a PS3, X-Box 360, Wii, Blu-Ray or anything that supports Netflix, you can watch all these right on your tv without waiting for them to mail the shit to you. Instant streaming beats blowing 20 bucks on something you might only watch once

Wrestlemania 24 is great. Hell in a cell 3 disc set is epic. Rey Mysterio dvd is packed with a bunch of classic matches. All 3 are good choices to buy. There are probably a bunch more that I am missing though.

WOW. I watched the first disc of the new Bret/Shawn Greatest Rivalries DVD. Jim Ross conducts an interview with Bret and Shawn that is FANTASTIC. I'm serious, you may be in tears at the end of the interview. If you're a fan of Bret or Shawn, you should definitely pick up this DVD.

WOW. I watched the first disc of the new Bret/Shawn Greatest Rivalries DVD. Jim Ross conducts an interview with Bret and Shawn that is FANTASTIC. I'm serious, you may be in tears at the end of the interview. If you're a fan of Bret or Shawn, you should definitely pick up this DVD.

I agree...my wife bought this for me and I watched the "story" part of the DVD last night...EXCELLENT watch if you are a fan of Bret, Shawn or both like me!

Starrcade - The Essential Collection DVD

Wow what a fucking dvd. I've never really reviewed any type of DVD before so this is my first try. I'll be reviewing my favorite matches from the set.

Probably my favorite match in the entire set wasn't voted as the top but second; Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum T.A. I'm not going to pretend that I'm some knowledgable wrestling nerd who knows everything about everything but this match is one phenomenal match no doubt. Blanchard is a fine wrestler in his own right but Magnum T.A., in my opinion, might be one if not the most underrated wrestler of all time. This match was the definition of brutal. Here, I witnessed both men bleed like hell all the while tearing each other apart. Do Cage matches need blood; no, but this is a fine example of what I expect out of a cage match. The best cage match of all time. And the finish...well, it's awesome. Fuck ECW.

Next is number one on the DVD countdown, Ric Flair vs. Vade in one of Flair's many retirement matches. There really isn't much to say here. Ric Flair and Vader being in the same ring together is enough for me to care.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko was another fine bout. These two have always had great matches together, this perhaps being one of their better encounters. Malenko's hard hitting style and technical ability meshed real well with Guerrero's highflying moves. This match is quite underated and I'm glad it's on the set.

Sting vs. Hogan at Starrcade '97 was another hot one; mostly because of the buildup. If I'm ever going to run my own wrestling organization, I need to take notes here. The build-up to this match lasted for longer than a year. WCW did a fine job of keeping Sting and Hogan apart without hotshotting the storyline until Starrcade. The match itself was questionable, but the build was by far one of the best ever.

Jushin Liger vs. Rey Mysterio is a dream match. It's slower then one would expect but it makes for some damn good entertainment.

Some of the underrated bouts here feature Road Warriors/Steiner Bros; it was one of the few times they met. Barry Windham and Brian Pillman vs Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and Shane Douglas was another great tag team contest which was really far ahead of it's time. Stunning Steve Austin vs. Dusty Rhodes was a fine contest which is probably one of Austin's most underrated matches ever.

Some of the worst matches on this set are 3 Count vs. Jamie Knoble & Evan Karagias vs. Jung Dragons in a Ladder Match. This match is fucking aweful for me and looked totally scripted. Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash, I love Kev but this match doesn't belong anywhere on this list. The Battlebrawl was fine but wasn't great by any means.

Overall

Get this DVD or you'll be butthurt. This is by far one of the best WWE produced DVD sets. It features some phenomenal moments and features a lot of need-to-know history for wrestling fans. The Documentary portion could've been better but it was still one of the best DVD sets i've bought. Hopefully they'll do a Wrestlemania set sometime soon.

Score - 9.5/10

Watched the new Shawn/Bret DVD yesterday. Massively impressed with it. Thorough, frank, emotional and at no point avoids any issues.

I've read in various places that there is a possibility that the WWE may do a Greatest Rivalries Series.

I have to say that personally I find it hard to see them topping or even come close to the HBK/Hitman doc. It goes without saying that these two had the most intense rivalries in wrestling history and one of the things that contribute to that is the fact that the rivalry was just as intense off screen as it was on. The only other rivalry I can think of that would be anywhere near as interesting to see is Hogan / Savage which is obviously not a possibility now.

My question is which rivalries would you like to see in this series?

great thread. i wondered the same thing considering the dvd is called "wwe rivalries" or whatever it's called, not just solely the Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart feud.
i agree that they can't really top it. i can't think of any other feud that was as intense off screen.
as far as on screen rivalries go though, i would love to see a the rock vs stone cold dvd

The next 3 they should consider are Rock/Austin, Austin/McMahon and Taker/Kane. All 3 were legendary feuds that everyone remembers. They probably won't have the same spark as HBK/Bret due to less backstage issues, but it should be a good watch nontheless

Rock vs Stone Cold would be good but the big issue there is, unlike Shawn and Bret, it wasn't real. I doubt anything will top Bret vs Shawn for that very reason...it was also awesome inside the ring.

I know that Cena and Orton had a beef earlier in their careers. Think it was when Orton went all crazy and shit in a Divas purse. That could be interesting, even though they are best of friends now.

Triple H and Shawn had a great rivalry in the ring, but I dont wanna watch them suck each others dicks in the JR interview for an hour. Taker and Kane is also an obvious choice, but same rules apply. Plus Taker would have to break character, as would Kane.

Hogan and Vince would be a VERY good one. As would Vince and Austin as Austin walked out a few times.......and how about Rock vs Cena after WM and the matches that are to follow?

Rock vs Stone Cold would be good but the big issue there is, unlike Shawn and Bret, it wasn't real. I doubt anything will top Bret vs Shawn for that very reason...it was also awesome inside the ring.

I know that Cena and Orton had a beef earlier in their careers. Think it was when Orton went all crazy and shit in a Divas purse. That could be interesting, even though they are best of friends now.

Triple H and Shawn had a great rivalry in the ring, but I dont wanna watch them suck each others dicks in the JR interview for an hour. Taker and Kane is also an obvious choice, but same rules apply. Plus Taker would have to break character, as would Kane.

Hogan and Vince would be a VERY good one. As would Vince and Austin as Austin walked out a few times.......and how about Rock vs Cena after WM and the matches that are to follow?

Have to say that Vince / Hogan hadn't even occurred to me but that would be a good one. Getting two genuine real life rivals to interview together is fascinating to me. I think any pairing without a real life heat would be boring (just another run of the mill WWE DVD)

I do think McMahon Austin would be an interesting one because Austin did walk out a few times on the company from what I read in his book. I would imagine there was some tense moments in that relationship.

Ric Flair and Steamboat
They wrestled more times than anyone, and it was in ring/out of ring respect. It would be interesting to see Flair's take on his own lifestyle.

Flair and Sting would also be a great one as well.

Of course, neither of these are possible in the near future; unless they just throw together old interviews and matches.

Austin/ McMahon would probably be the more interesting of Steve Austin feuds; mainly because we could see a candid side of where all the ridiculous ideas came from in this large feud.

HHH and Michaels would be pretty neat. It would be interesting to have to two of them talking about their ideas and what drove them apart and together so many times (on camera, of course). But, then again they've had their own DVDs already in the DX compilation(s).

It wouldn't be horrible to look at some post-mortem feuds, it just wouldn't be as easy and you wouldn't have as much insight. Savage-Hogan would have been platinum.

Shoot....they've got all the WCW footage for a reason. Check out some of their feuds!

This is a duplicate thread from a month or three ago. I was trying to find my post in that thread, but it appears gone. But then I suck at finding threads in forums. Search Engines in forums are garbage.

Anyways...

I don't understand why everyone wants to see feuds they've already seen and know everything about. That's just ridiculous IMO.

What about feuds we've heard about but never got to see?

Raven vs Tommy Dreamer, Flair vs Dusty Rhodes or Ricky Steamboat or Sting, Jerry Lawler vs Andy Kaufman, or Rob Van Dam VS Jerry Lynn. These are matches most wrestling fans have heard of, but few have actually seen. How 'bout we do these feuds first before we get to the overplayed, over-hyped nostalgia dependent feuds of Austin vs the world? People these days need an education, and pro-wrestling deserves to have it's fans learn about feuds like these as well as feuds like Hogan vs Andre, & Hogan vs Piper.

tell you the truth i thought the hbk hitman dvd sucked. It didnt tell me to much that i didnt know. But there are so many that you can pick

Taker mankind

Part of what makes a DVD like this special is multiple epic confrontations between the stars. It also has to be something that helped define an era, boh in wrestling and in the respective careers of the participants. With that said looking at the top stars from the last 30 years I would say...

Hogan/Savage, Hogan/Piper, maybe Hogan/Flair

Flair/Dusty Rhodes, Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Sting, maybe Flair/Savage

Triple H/Austin, Triple H/HBK

Austin/Rock

Undertaker/Austin, Taker/Foley

I don't think Cena has had one epic career defining feud, maybe vs Edge

I don't think Cena has had one epic career defining feud, maybe vs Edge

Sure he has. Cena vs Angle, Cena vs Orton, & Cena vs Batista, looking into the future it's likely we'll be able to add Cena vs The Rock, & Cena vs CM Punk to that list as well.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a DVD of some of those feuds either, simply because I missed them. But I know enough of what's gone on over the years to know that those feuds are feuds that made Cena the face of the company; particularly Cena vs Angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back