**MERGED** The Shield Discussion - Matches, angles, etc (Keep It In Here!!!!)

Who Would YOU Like To See Join The Shield?

• Ryback

• John Cena

• Mark Henry

• Big Show

• Paul Heyman

• Brock Lesnar

• Fandango

• CM Punk

• Jack Swagger

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dont get the I hope they dont feed them to Ryback comments. Unless they want to make Ryback look like a total douche, of course they are going to get fed to Ryback. With the way their putting Ryback through the announce table... I wouldn't be surprised if they have a handicapped tables match and Ryback puts all 3 of them through tables at TLC. The current WWE champ cant beat Ryback clean. Do people really think that these 3 nxt rookies are not going to get their ass kicked?

By all indications and reports, and rightfully so, WWE has a lot of stock in these guys. I don't think it would do them any good to be fed to Ryback and be made out to look weak. Same instance for Ryback back when he was destroying every jobber in less than 60 seconds; he was made out to look strong as possible, avoiding all scenarios that made him look weak. Now Ryback's over. The WWE Universe accepts him as a machine, impossible to beat without a little trickery. Now they've turned their attention to creating and building up new stars. The NXT trio are important pieces of the future for WWE as older stars continue to fade out every year, we need to start seeing more appear. Ryback, Ambrose, Reigns, and maybe Rollins will be among that generation that will be around for the next 5-8 years. I trust WWE is going to be very careful in how they let each of these four stars be portrayed. With that being said, one thing's for certain, the trio being fed to Ryback isn't going happen.

I am really hoping out of all this, Foley and Ambrose have some kind of interaction with one another, hopefully leading to a match. I think it will happen and I would be kind of disappointed if it didn't considering they kind of teased it a while back. Foley is the man when it comes to putting guys over and I think all it would take is one match between him and Ambrose to do the trick. I know it may be too soon to throw the two into a program, but it would work right now with everything going on and with Mania around the corner I don't know if I would drag it out until after then. Maybe the match could be after Mania, but the buildup needs to start sooner then later I think. Ambrose would be able to carry himself with Foley on the mic no doubt in my opinion and I think it would be awesome. I think a program between these two right now, kind of based on Punk and Foley's issues, but something of it's own would better than Punk/Foley because it would be giving the rub to an up and comer, Punk doesn't really need it. Considering all the buzz they got with their altercation a while back and how awesome the whole thing would be, if Foley and Ambrose don't throw down I will be kind of bummed.

As for Rollins I have never really been a fan of his. I just find him boring and don't really see anything that makes him stand out.

The last dude I've never heard of.

WWE.com is advertising an NXT interview segment for Raw this Monday. According to what's written, Michael Cole will interview Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns inside the ring. If it goes down as advertised, it should be a newsworthy segment. WWE has a lot of stock in these three, especially Ambrose & Rollins, so it'll be interesting to see what they're made of on the mic in front of 10 or 12,000 people.

I'm sure Ryback will make an appearance to break up this segment, or at least that's what I figure will happen. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if he didn't show up and we were treated to some good mic work before Michael Cole gets the snot beaten out of him. Only problem with that is that these guys might get cheered for doing that even though Cole is no longer playing a heel commentator.

If they are going to have an interview segment on Raw I am excited to hear what they have to say. I am guessing the poster is correct that most of the WWE universe only sees these guys as 3 randoms, and I think they need to make themselves heard quick. This is one of those angles that I hope they don't screw up as it seems at least Ambrose and Rollins have a lot of potential. I do not know much about Reigns. I would like to see Punk lead these guys. I think Punk as the leader of the SES is his most underrated work to date. My fear is these guys will be tied in with Brad Maddox which i would not be to excited for. I guess maybe we will get some light shed on this on Monday.

If it goes down as advertised, it should be a newsworthy segment. WWE has a lot of stock in these three, especially Ambrose & Rollins, so it'll be interesting to see what they're made of on the mic in front of 10 or 12,000 people.

I'm very intrigued with this segment. It's like WWE has introduced Ambrose and company to the regular fan. They now know that there is developmental guy named Dean Ambrose. Now, Dean has a chance to really leave a lasting impression, something that common fan can refer back to when wondering, 'Who is Dean Ambrose, should I take him seriously?'

And I'd like to think Ambrose has had pleantly of time to rehearse his debut promo over in his head. I'm sure it will be just like his previous work; briliant.

I would just like to point out that this group will be known as THE SHIELD.

You heard it here first (and they had it on some of their gear the other night)

Sharp eyes, I had not noticed that. Interesting though - I guess we'll see.

If they are going to have Punk beat the Rock, it will be due to this new faction interfering. I really doubt The Rock would agree to that but they're stuck in terms of the storyline.

They just debuted the guys and now you're going to have Rock bury them at the Rumble? Or do you have Punk win at the Rumble with the help of this faction? I highly doubt that. Rock would never agree to that and it would make Punk into a complete joke. Maybe Rock beats Punk at the Rumble but then this new faction helps Punk win the Rumble later in the night. That would be believable.

What I'm getting at is the timing is very strange, if this is going to be a new faction involving Punk.

I would just like to point out that this group will be known as THE SHIELD.

You heard it here first (and they had it on some of their gear the other night)

It was reported on new sites before you ever posted but if it makes you feel better to take credit all power to you :)

I look forward to the segment on Monday and hope that they get a good heel reaction as opposed to "what" chants. Anyway, the stables that I tend to like the most are ones where the members each have a defined personality as opposed to a leader with lackeys cause it allows for individuality in addition to the pack mentality. I am assuming that, based on their gimmicks and potential, we will see that sort of individuality.

PERFECT. Absolutely PERFECT. I expected them all to make their respective debuts separately, but at the same time, at Survivor Series, attacking RYBACK!? It's almost unheard of that a wrestler debuts at Survivor Series, but when they do (thanks Dos Equis) they accomplish more in their careers than anyone else in their generation. I would love to see Ambrose, Rollins or Reigns at Wrestlemania, perhaps one with a strap on his waist? (Fingers crossed for Ambrose as IC Champ!)

Out of the 3 NXT stars that recently debuted (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose) who do you all think will win a championship first? (Excluding the NXT Championship for obvious reasons)

My pick would have to be Seth Rollins. The easiest way to push Rollins is to give him a feud against Kofi Kingston and take the IC title away from him. Roman Reigns doesn't stand out that much from the group & Ambrose just seems to be on a level where he doesn't need a title to get over.

Instead, I'd have him feud with Mick Foley to build on their confrontation earlier in the year, and it makes sense because of CM Punk's semi-rivalry with Foley & the NXT group's possible alliance with Punk.

What are your thoughts?

I agree that Rollins/Ambrose will be a tag team and will most likely form a tag team. As for Reigns, I think he'll disappear in a few months. They should've brought Kassius Ohno in with Rollins/Ambrose instead. But ya, either Rollins or Ambrose will win a title first or together.

Tough to say at the moment but I'd go with either Rollins or Ambrose at the moment. I could see them forming a tag team and taking the belts from Hell-No, with Reigns acting as their manager. Another option is one of them taking either the US title or the Intercontinental, most likely the Intercontinental due to Cesaro's push with the title. The only one I don't see winning a title anytime soon is Reigns, judging from NXT he is the weak link in the group and should be used as the muscle, providing assistance to Ambrose/Rollins

I think that ambrose/rollins will be the first ones to capture a title in the wwe.first roman reigns wasn't fit into the group from the start and I think they need to use kassius ohno/bo dallas.for ambrose/rollins or they will catpture the tag titels together or amrose will have a U.S. title win after cesaro will get a push into a world title chances.one last thing:the wwe need to take the NXT title from rollins he's no more a part of NXT.

I have to say that I feel that this question is a bit premature, seeing as how we have yet to really get any sort of feel for any aspect about either of these three wrestlers in regards to the things that define a championship caliber performer.
As talented as they may be, the majority of fans probably have absolutely no clue who they are still, because casual fans do not really watch NXT.

Hell in all honesty I only know them by reputation and I am a life long and avid follower of professional wrestling.
In the coming months, we will get a feel for who these guys are and what they are capable of on the big stage, but for now they simply have a world of potential and you can ask guys like Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, Shane Helms, MVP, Drew McIntyre, John Morrison, Mike Knox, Matt Morgan and Carlito how far to the top potential to be great gets you.

Anyone else wanna see Ohno join the Shield? I think he'd be a great addition. His mic work is good, and his matches are great! plus, he's an nxt guy too, so it works!

Anyone else wanna see Ohno join the Shield? I think he'd be a great addition. His mic work is good, and his matches are great! plus, he's an nxt guy too, so it works!

I can see Ohno and Cesaro both joining up. I see this as a great way for the NX3 (Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns) as well as other developmental/midcard guys to get a good push. I'm not saying make this as big as nWo, but these 3 plus the KoW could really be a major stable, IMO.

If they're aligned with Punk, (Which I think is still a good possibility) then Heyman could be another great mouthpiece for them. If not, GIVE AMBROSE THE MICROPHONE. I can not stress enough that I think Ambrose is the second coming of Roddy Piper, but he'll win a world title. I'll go one further and say he'll win it within the next 3 years.

I thought it was a smart move by the WWE doing a taped interview instead of having Cole interview them in the ring. It was important that they came off well and they did. Much easier to do that in a taped interview.

I liked that they didn't say they are trying to make an impact and tired of being held down. That was what Nexus was about. They are kind of a renegade group that is trying to right the wrong in the WWE.

What would of made it more interesting is if they attacked Punk instead of Kane. Or attacked another heel on Raw. Right now they are still looking like Punk's lackeys.

Right now they are still looking like Punk's lackeys.

I agree that they are in a certain respect, but what I like is that they are not being presented in the typical lackey manner. Usually if a lackey comes out to help someone and then get someone's finisher or something like a clothesline, punch, or anything else they end up staying down or taking off like a coward but so far (and I know that it has only been three appearances), the trio has gotten up after being hit and then gotten the upper hand.

On a side note, I also like that, even if more people end up being added to the group, there will probably be more individuality amongst each person than with a group like Nexus.

don't post here often but something struck me about tonight what if what they are saying is true they do not work for punk but they work for Heyman. The way they are dressed reminds me of some sort of private security firm they could have been hired by heyman with out punks knowledge to protect heymans idea of injustice within the wwe to keep the title on his client.

Love "Shield", love that promo but they look like Punk lackeys. I am willing to bet that they would see injustice in Dwayne's RR appereance and his title match and atack him on some RAW after TLC match. I know it's a good way to elevate them but would want them to be more then just "bodyguards" to Punk. I mean, the name of the group is perfect for that. You know, one must first pass the Shield in order to get to Punk etc. :)

And yes, they look like CoD charachters. :lmao:

I thought it was well done, and ambrose was great in the interview. I like the fact that they were Not doing the "Were here to make an Impact" stuff. The shield could very well be Punks ticket to Wrestlemania (with the belt).

I also think that they look pretty good together as a group. :)

They belong to Cena. Anyone else notice they mention both Cena and Ryback don't deserve all these title shots against Punk, yet Ryback is getting all the beatings? I predict they will make hell for the Rock and at Mania, Cena will be champ and they will reveal they work for him. I can see a heel Cena, with AJ on his arms and the Shield as his backup. I hope that actually happens.

Here's a question...

Do the Brad Maddox incident and the Shield incident both hold common grounds other than screwing Ryback out of WWE gold? Could Maddox be a part of the Shield? Not that I like Maddox at all, but things seemed to have gotten back into place too quickly too fast. Now, whenever I see the Shield, all I can think is when will they benefit Maddox? When will they help Maddox gain a "contract"? Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a bigger connection here.

I didn't follow FCW, and I don't watch NXT, so I honestly don't know that much about The Shield members. I know Seth Rollins used to go by Tyler Black, and I've seen him on a few ROH DVDs I have. From what I've seen so far, Reigns has an intimidating presence, and the only reason I know anything about Dean Ambrose is because a lot of people on these boards praise the man like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. I like the idea of an outside force standing up for "injustice." This group has some potential, and they're receiving a strong first push.

Although, I do see a few problems with The Shield's presence. Obviously, they're going out of they're way to make Ryback's life a living hell. But something's gotta give at some point. Either Ryback crushes all three men, or The Shield will take Ryback out of action for a while. Ryback has been riding a strong push for months, but he continues to lose. There's always the chance of Ryback losing momentum, and he's not going to rise to the level of a mega star by destroying three relatively unknown guys. And if he actually destroys Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns, then WWE is going to kill a promising push for three young wrestlers.

I dunno. As of right now, it's sticky situation, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

I really liked the taped interview, i like how Ambrose is composed and in great character, Rollins is so so but he could be better. Reigns definitely will need more work in front of a but i love how he comes across as the big strong, silent type and he seems to be a leader in the aspect of telling them to set Ryback up and mention the interview was over and to tell them to leave the ring after they smashed ryback on Raw. It's looking interesting.

Personally I like the huge way these guys debuted. Taking out one of the top 3 most over guys in the company on ur first night is not too bad. I thought this was an awesome way to debut these three guys, and despite what some of the constantly negative and cynical posters on here think, I think this will be a significant development in the WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back