*MERGED* [Official] Ted Dibiase Jr. Discussion Thread

Bringing back the Million Dollar belt would be a useless idea. There are too many titles as it is and this would be a novelty that will be done with in a couple of years just like the original one. DiBiase hasn't impressed me any since he came here and I don't see that changing. I would have at least liked to see him in singles competition but as a tag team, he and Rhodes haven't won the belts in over a year. He and Rhodes need to do their own thing soon and fast and I don't think feuding with Orton is going to help if its the both of them that are doing it. DiBiase needs a lot more time before I'll consider him as a decent midcard champion let alone a world champion.

I personally am into his new gimmick, which of course is much like his dad, but that hasn't been done before. Copying your fathers success is very original in my opinion. He was in the main event last night, he paid off the colons to beat down R-Truth, and it shouldn't be long before Brett Dibiase and Joe Henning debut and they form "The Fortunate Sons". I believe within a year he will be WWE/World Champion. With Batista leaving I think he'd be great as a heel champion and he has improved a lot with attitude and mic skills.

I know many of you don't like him because he's 2nd generation but I think he will make it. I mean he won't be the first (orton, rock) What is ya'll opinions.

Granted I like his new gimmick as they should have done this since day one, I think callign him World Champ this year is a bit pushing it.

He is improving...slowly. He has a lot of qualities that can get him far. Reminds me a lot of when Orton arrived and was looking for that somethign to define him. This obviously is it for Ted. However, if he wants to run that gimmick like his dad, he needs A LOT more personality. Senior had the laugh, the swagger, the moves - everything for that role.

I think he will do fine, but I am honestly worried in the personality department. He really needs to get more comfortable. When he paid off the Colon's it worked because he didn't talk. WHen he talks he looks like he is too nervous.

I hope this goes where it could. I am really pulling for the second generation stars as well as the rest of WWE's new crop.

not to be argumentative, but Dibiase is actually not 2nd generation. he's 3rd generation. that said, he's in good company.
as noted above, so are The Rock and Orton. and so is Chavo Guerrero. mis-used or not, Chavo is an incredible talent and could be more than he is now.

Dibiase has all the makings of being something very good in the WWE. there are a lot of feuds and angles that can be worked as a fresh start or as a continuation of his father's and grandfather's runs in their day. one very easy opportunity i see is with Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, as Ted Dibiase Sr and Dusty Rhodes had a feud in the WWF. so that could continue with the sons now. the new Virgil thing could be comedy and angle gold if done properly.

but he can have fresh feuds also, such as with Cena and Orton and the like. the only way this guy could get any better (keeping in mind that i really like Dibiase Jr as he is right now and think that he's improving greatly) is if his dad became a manager for the Fortunate Sons stable. i love a good heel manager and Dibiase Sr is one of the best of all time at what he did. the Million Dollar Corporation: responsible for such stars in the WWF as Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin. so it can't be all bad.

I dunno. I want to like him, but he is just bland as hell. Even his in ring work isn't wowing me anymore. I think everyone is taking all this time to look at Ted and are missing Cody over on smackdown. Think about it. In the last few weeks both Ted and Cody have wrestled the same people, Christian and John Morrison. Ted's matches with both of these guys were pretty tame, nothing special. Cody however had two fantastic matches with both of these guys in back to back weeks. I just don't think Ted has a lot of personality and he's not going to get very far.

I have to admit I absolutely marked out for his little scene with the Colons last night, it was very very well placed, and could eventually put them together with him as his "henchmen" for the Fortunate Sons stable that's been talked so much about as of late.

I liked how they actually had Ted fight in the main event tonight, bringing back the whole storied relationship of Randy and Ted, which just shows that they luckily didn't just trash can it for the sake of moving on.

I marked out for DiBiase twice in one night. That's quite an accomplishment.

The "hired hit" on R-Truth was classic DiBiase Sr. Ted Jr. pulled it off well, and it's exciting to have that kind of gimmick being done again. The only thing Ted Jr. lacks that his father had was an imposing figure, but I can see that adding to his heat as a "trust fund baby".

Speaking of which, talking that up during his match against Randy Orton was also a key play by WWE to really hammer home that they are high on DiBiase Jr. right now. I was honestly surprised by his reveal as Edge's partner. It was a good move, and it felt natural as a main event for Raw; a good sign for a superstar in an early singles push.

Ok, so Ted DiBiase Jr is getting a push on Raw, a great push I might add. I am absolutely loving it, I always love it when WWE acknowledges their past well. When he started wearing the Million Dollar belt, it was great (even though the kids didn't know what it was) and when he paid Carlito and Primo to attack R-Truth, and this week when he brought back the original Virgil! I think it has all been great, very sentimental and I'm sure a lot of the old school fans have also been exited to see it. In my opinion it is a great push, it is being done so well, even if it is not a main event push yet.

But when he comes out, the crowd is silent. And I just don't get it. What WWE is giving them with DiBiase is gold and they fail to even get exited over it. I always look forward to his segments every week and I think they're very good, but why is the crowd always dead when they're on?

His segments/matches are certainly more enjoyable than half the stuff on Raw, especially the comedy routines, yet they are even louder during those than in his segments. And my question is why? I see real potential in this guy to be the face of WWE one day and I don't want them to just give up on him because he's getting no reaction at the moment, but I'm worried that it might happen.

Is anyone else loving the push as much as I am, or have any thoughts on why the live crowd doesn't seem to?

Im also excited about him being pushed and your right, he's doing everything perfectly and when i watch it its like "yeah that was good" But like you said, he doesnt get much of a reaction from the live crowd which i think is personally part of the reason why fresh talent doesnt go over but anyway. Kids dont get the belt, they dont know who virgil is. There arent enough old school fans in the crowds these days which is a shame as the atmosphere would be a lot better in my opinion.

You mentioned the little comedy skits done by the likes of Khali and hornswoggle. They are more aimed towards the kids and thats why they get the better reaction which again is a real shame.

So in essence in my opionion, the crowd buries a lot of the stuff that older wrestling fans enjoy and all the shit that we think is dumb and stupid, evidently gets over.

Dibiase is also a decent wrestler too and i think they should bring in the fortunate sons in asap. I know they cant right now with Brett's injury but sooner rather than later would be nice.

It seems to me that fans are a lot different now. There more in it for the entertainment and the megastars and feel the midcard are not important. I to enjoy the Dibiase skit and was really excited when he brought our Virgil because it brought back memories. I think it goes good witht the storyline but not to long from now I feel someone else will take his place. Since Brett Dibiase is hurt I see them bringing in either Michael Tarver, Ezekial, Skip Shefield or maybe even Joe Henning in the next few weeks to take Virgil's place. Then I think they will keep a Virgil until Brett can come up and they can start the Fortunate Sons stable. I'm glad to see him get a 1 on 1 match at Over the Limit.

No one noticed the pop virgil got last night? I think it was a pretty decent reaction considering the new age of Fans.Plus the announcers and dibiase jr. explained who virgil was last night.I think it went over fairly well if you ask me.I was pumped to see bret beat the Miz's gay ass last night and win a title..that was great

Hey i always thought Ted was gold, and the wwe is now doing this fantastic storyline all the while giving tow guys a push at the very same time Ted and r-truth. I think it sucks that the crowd is so dull i think they are trying to figure out what to do about him but putting him with r-truth should get him some heat and maybe if WWE is listening make that Million Dollar Championship Legit.

I'm loving the Ted Jr. push. He is a great athlete and can do a lot fot the company. he has future main eventer written all over him.

There is no real emotional connection between Ted and the fans. He is on his own now, so the whole "being held back by randy w/ something to prove" is forgotten. He is running with his dad's gimmick, which is cool, and I love it. But he has to do something to make the crowd boo him. Think about when the Million Dollar Man used to have a kid dripple a basketball 9 times before knocking it away on the 10th, thus making the kid miss out on winning $100. Ted should do something interactive and despicable to make the younger crowd and their parents HATE him.

It's like when Orton had first switched to a heel and he kept coming out doing his weekly "Randy Report" on his injured collarbone/shoulder. At first the live crowd was confused and not sure if they should care about him or boo him. It took them a while to figure out that the were really starting to hate Randy. Eventually to boos came...and hell, it was the reaction they were looking for.

Ted jr. will soon start to get booed...the appropriate reaction for his character. He just needs to work a little bit harder to get it. Maybe offer a fan $$$ to shave his head, and then not pay. Or offer $$$ to a female fan to get into a bikini, and then refuse to pay and say it's because she doesn't look that great.

Im also excited about him being pushed and your right, he's doing everything perfectly and when i watch it its like "yeah that was good" But like you said, he doesnt get much of a reaction from the live crowd which i think is personally part of the reason why fresh talent doesnt go over but anyway. Kids dont get the belt, they dont know who virgil is. There arent enough old school fans in the crowds these days which is a shame as the atmosphere would be a lot better in my opinion.

You mentioned the little comedy skits done by the likes of Khali and hornswoggle. They are more aimed towards the kids and thats why they get the better reaction which again is a real shame.

So in essence in my opionion, the crowd buries a lot of the stuff that older wrestling fans enjoy and all the shit that we think is dumb and stupid, evidently gets over.

Dibiase is also a decent wrestler too and i think they should bring in the fortunate sons in asap. I know they cant right now with Brett's injury but sooner rather than later would be nice.
Because the old school fans cant except that the business has changed that's it full stop. if they did the crowds would be like you said greater how ever Virgil did get a reaction i thought he would get any but some of the older fans recognized him.

There is no real emotional connection between Ted and the fans. He is on his own now, so the whole "being held back by randy w/ something to prove" is forgotten. He is running with his dad's gimmick, which is cool, and I love it. But he has to do something to make the crowd boo him. Think about when the Million Dollar Man used to have a kid dripple a basketball 9 times before knocking it away on the 10th, thus making the kid miss out on winning $100. Ted should do something interactive and despicable to make the younger crowd and their parents HATE him.

^^This right here.

Personally, I love Dibiase. I've been a fan from the start and I'm thrilled that he is finally getting a shot to make it on his own. I also love the idea of picking up his dad's old gimmick- Teddy plays it well. But there is a lack of connection with the crowd at the moment. There is a large majority of WWE fans that are not familiar with anything that happened before the Attitude Era, therefore the million dollar belt and Virgil doesn't mean anything to them.

Ted Sr. developed his character and created tremendous heat from lots of vignettes and skits, as drewpost already pointed out. Teddy Jr. has just as much in ring talent as his father did and the potential to be just as fantastic on the mic. However, he hasn't figured out quite yet how to draw the same kind of heat. The WWE is going to have to help him out with that by giving him the opportunity to create it.

Teddy may not be getting the reaction he's hoping for right now, but patience is a virtue. The appearance by Virgil on last night's RAW got a decent pop even though "boring" chants were scattered throughout the actual match. Dibiase is a future champion and he will come out of this on top.

Why is he trying so hard to be guest host? Did he miss the memo? Guest hosts don't have any power anymore. What is gonna happen when someone does accept his offer? Is he gonna take the night off and watch the show in the back with the guest host?

The fortunate sons group isn't happening anytime soon with Bret's injury and Joe Henning....I mean Mike Mcgillicuddy in NXT.

So what is he gonna do? Find a new Virgil...again? Will he ever defend daddy's belt?

I think Ted needs to get rid of the Million Dollar title and start fighting for a real belt. Give him a U.S. title run. Let him feud with wrestlers, not hosts. And if he's ready by the end of the year, give him a win at the rumble and move him over to Smack Down and see what he can do in the main event.

Why is he trying so hard to be guest host? Did he miss the memo? Guest hosts don't have any power anymore. What is gonna happen when someone does accept his offer? Is he gonna take the night off and watch the show in the back with the guest host?

The fortunate sons group isn't happening anytime soon with Bret's injury and Joe Henning....I mean Mike Mcgillicuddy in NXT.

So what is he gonna do? Find a new Virgil...again? Will he ever defend daddy's belt?

I think Ted needs to get rid of the Million Dollar title and start fighting for a real belt. Give him a U.S. title run. Let him feud with wrestlers, not hosts. And if he's ready by the end of the year, give him a win at the rumble and move him over to Smack Down and see what he can do in the main event.

Who freakin' knows, that's the answer! I don't even think WWE know what to do with Ted DiBiase right now. Personally, I lost interested in him a long time ago. He had a definite spark going when there was the possibility of a feud with Orton back when Legacy were still going. That spark never amounted to anything, Legacy split up and Ted is left with this stupid Million Dollar Belt gimmick.

If they're going to do something with this guy, they need to do it soon, before he fades into obscurity. I must say, he really doesn't interest me though.

Who freakin' knows, that's the answer! I don't even think WWE know what to do with Ted DiBiase right now. Personally, I lost interested in him a long time ago. He had a definite spark going when there was the possibility of a feud with Orton back when Legacy were still going. That spark never amounted to anything, Legacy split up and Ted is left with this stupid Million Dollar Belt gimmick.

If they're going to do something with this guy, they need to do it soon, before he fades into obscurity. I must say, he really doesn't interest me though.

I'm still holding on to that spark. I see something there, but with all the star power on RAW, i think he may fade into the Carlito role on the show.

Hopefully to school, you should join him properly spelling his name is awesome lol. I like the idea i bet everyones crying about it by now. Who cares hes the only one who can pull off something like this. And hes pretty entertaining. But he needs a rival otherwise the story will fall through.

They've been looking to get rid of Virgil for a while, ever since DiBiase got his concussion at the last PPV, so this was the end of him. I certainly can see him feuding with R-Truth again or perhaps J-Mo. He'll almost surely be in the MITB match next month and certainly could win it.

As far as him working with the guests hosts, wasn't that Miz's job, Jericho's before that? I think it's genius as it allows him screen time and the oppurtunity to develop his screen presence.

Who care where the storyline goes. No one cared when Miz and Jericho did it, as long as they had some payoff in the end. So with Ted this is Character Development:101 along with Promo Landing:102 as he has not yet 'WOWED' me on the mic, and if he suceeds, he will be rewarded.

As far as him working with the guests hosts, wasn't that Miz's job, Jericho's before that? I think it's genius as it allows him screen time and the oppurtunity to develop his screen presence.

Who care where the storyline goes. No one cared when Miz and Jericho did it, as long as they had some payoff in the end. So with Ted this is Character Development:101 along with Promo Landing:102 as he has not yet 'WOWED' me on the mic, and if he suceeds, he will be rewarded.

I understand where your coming from, and agree he needs to work on promos, but I think he should be in a feud with a real wrestler. I would much prefer Zack Ryder in the guest host annoyance role. I think he fits it better, and he could use the screen time. Lets be honest, nobody thought Ryder would win tonight, had it been Ted in the match you would have thought it was anyone's ball game.

I have no idea what they are doing with Ted (or even Cody for that matter). Talk about dropping the ball after some decent momentum before Wrestlemania.

I've been thinking this since the draft, but I wouldn't mind seeing Big Zeke coming back and being Ted's new "Virgil." It would make a little bit of sense. Zeke was already a heel, and all they would have to do is say that he needs the money after being injured and I think they could both develop a little better, if not both, at least Ted could. Zeke could be the muscle like he always has been, and then just have Ted become the heel that picks the bones afterwards.

I like both Rhodes and DiBiase but I thought they were not ready to be on there own. At least Ted is on regularly and maybe copying his fathers gimmick will get him over more.

First and foremost, I think they should have kept Ted, Cody, and Randy in Legacy for a longer period of time.

Now with Ted doing whatever he is really doing (wants to be a Special Guest Host? :confused:) I say he is doing it remarkably well considering all the star-studded talent that is around him in Raw. He is forging his own path, and is doing pretty well with his heel persona. He kind of turned on Virgil tonight so I think he is about done with being Daddy's reflection and is going for his own thing.

Ted Dibiase Jr. I don't think will get lost in the scramble; he has his heritage and that snazzy belt which makes interesting topic discussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back