Ted DiBiase Jr: How far will he go?

How far will Ted DiBiase go in the WWE?

• He's got the ability, and he's a future main eventer for sure!

• He's got ability, but WWE won't allow him to go very far...

• He doesn't have a lot of skill, but WWE will push him anyways

• He doesn't have what it takes and he'll be gone soon

Results are only viewable after voting.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Chris Cash recently posted a column on which superstars he believes will (and will not) main event the future of the WWE. His last pick for future main event was surprising: Ted DiBiase Jr.

The question is simple, how far do you think Ted will go in the WWE?

---

Personally, I think the kid has the ability to do great things. Chris was right in saying that given the right material the fans will get behind him as a main event player. He's got the perfect look, and he could easily be a heel or a face. He's been raised by one of the greats of all time, and that in itself should give the experience necessary. I think he could do great things, but I wouldn't place any bets on what he's ALLOWED to accomplish.

I really like him to because WWE can sell him as a face or a heel. The only problem is WWE has buried him so far into the ground its gonna be a long way up for Dibiase. The guy needs a partner or a stable, they tried Mayrse and it didnt work right now the WWE and the crowd just dont care for him. Maybe when they bring his brother up the two can do something together but I just dont think he can work as a singles star not for awhile at least.

when your jobbing to Jerry Lawler, than you know how much the WWE feels about your future. I agree he needs a face turn real bad, and until that happens....

I can't believe some people still think this guy deserves to end The Streak. I guess we should all realize last name doesn't guarantee you jack. Sorry, but Ted just doesn't have the talent to make it to the main event scene.

He definitely has what it takes to go far. Will he, could be a different story. He has the look, in ring ability and family legacy to take off. But something about his personality or mic skills that is as boring as watching grass grow. I think if that can be corrected, he might be able to get over that final hump, and into the main event scene.

I think he, for the lack of a better term, rubs people the wrong way. Not in a sense of not liking him, but more along the lines of not appealing to people because of that boredom factor.

There seems to be a million different directions they could go with his gimmick and also seems to be a million different options for story lines for him. Ted fits in, in a lot of ways, simply being his father's son.

i think he is talented, but i'm not sure if he'll ever be in the main event.

you would figure having orton as a buddy backstage would help you out, like orton and hhh.

i read sometime last year that he was gonna get his own stable after legacy ended, but i guess they changed that.

Ted is a slow burner, he will be around in 5-8 years time and be a major player... He really does have time on his side. The best thing right now would be a move to Smackdown or a team/stable with Alberto Del Rio. 2 rich guys together hasn't been done before...

It cracked me up that Cash said the Miz will go no place because the way he is booked he thinks his girlfriend could beat him...and then puts Ted as his number one pick???

I mean Geesh the way Ted is booked I think Bob Barker could take him
He is medicore. Decent ring skills. Alright on the mic...but nothing that stands out.
Heck if his name was Not Diniase he woudl have been out already methinks.
admit id int see much in HHH when he was being tossed into pig slop so who knows

Chase makes a good point about how Miz is being booked like his GF can beat him. Remember, the WWE is booking him as champion heel. But he isn't being booked like he's in a losing streak like DiBiase.

The program Ted Jr has now isnt doing him any favors. He'll come along with the right program and push. He's got the total package going.

He has what it takes but I don't see him alone in the ME scene, maybe if him and his brother/McGuillicutty/Rhodes form a stable it would help but if that happens I think Rhodes will go much further than the other three.

Sorry but Ted bores the hell out of me. His mic skills are too bland, even for WWE standards. His best match was with Daniel Bryan, but he just screams WWE cookie cutter wrestler.

WWE obviously sees something wrong with him, other wise he'd be in a good position by now like Cody is.

Speaking of Cody, he has totally out shined him gimmick wise. I honestly think the only reason they still have him is because they are doing The Million Dollar Man a favor.

Ted dibiase reminds me of chris masters. has the look, but cant connect to the audience. he doesnt have the it facter to become anything. they gave him his own belt, virgil, maryse, and his dad for a little, and he can not get over. i see nothing in his future, but the name alone will make sure he is continued to be pushed for at least another year.

Uh, yeah if I'm not mistaken Ted DiBiase Jr just defeated Daniel Bryan in a clean victory on NXT 2 weeks ago in an awesome match, so his losing streak is reset and if you notice he has been on Raw or SmackDown both weeks since then. So since they 'buried' him, they're in the midst of digging him back up... hopefully. And somebody has to job to Lawler. It doesn't happen overnight that both members of a former champion tag team go over at the same time. Look at Miz and Morrison... One is in a number one contender match at EC and the other is champion now, and the roles are reversed from when everyone thought Morrison would get there first. I think a lot of people are giving DiBiase a hard time. He's going to pick up momentum going into the upper midcard and make a face turn in time for a US or Intercontinental title feud. Personally I think he could work as a heel or face, and that they should keep Maryse with him. I know this is the new WWE and no partnership lasts, and reigns are short, but they could use some consistency in some things aside from Cena never getting pinned.
I think DiBiase can be World or WWE Champion within the next 2 years.

If Maryse or Randy Orton couldn't get this guy over enough to be a major player, than I don't think he'll be a legitimate main event wrestler any time soon. He seems and looks very generic and bland.

The guy had everything going for him but wwe messed up big time trying to make him into the second coming of his dad.
Before the trust fund story i believed ted was going to have a good run as ic or us champ and maybe start pushing for a title shot but wwe dropped the ball and could of had a great storyline with him and orton for the title in the future.

If Maryse or Randy Orton couldn't get this guy over enough to be a major player, than I don't think he'll be a legitimate main event wrestler any time soon. He seems and looks very generic and bland.

ok if you think he wasn't over in the mini-mini feud against orton in legacy i would advise you to take a look at the programs in that time again, plus he wasn't given the opportunity to really shine in there, cause randy didn't put him over, so i don't think you really have a valid point there...

and marysse?, come on are you serious?, you'd really think a diva who wasn't over could help him get over?, that's as bizarre as think that the bellas helped bryan...

from the moment they disolved legacy, he hasnt had a real chance to shine, he wasn't given any program in wich he could show his abilities, so IMO if he was given someone good to work with and that is over, he could be saved, because right now he's as buried as hell...

The only way I see Ted Jr. becoming a ME player, is if they make him another HHH clone. Sheamus is the modern time HHH character and if they can make Ted a ruthless, all powerful, mega heel character it could work. Anyother gimmick and he is plain as a piece
of bread.

ted dibiase sr wrestled for the wwwf/wwf for several years before becoming the million dollar man. it could be the same for jr. he might take a while to really develop a character that works best for him. he might also be someone who requires a partner/valet just to stay relevant.

his dad pretty much had a partner his entire career as the m$m...virgil, sherri, irs, steve austin (ringmaster)

if his family is truly "like father like son" then we should expect ted jr. to always have a valet or partner, capture tag team titles, and never win the big one. i mean, even within the wwe youth movement, not everyone can be on top. dibiase hasnt been given a real opportunity to "break out" since wrestlemania 26. scratch that! i shouldnt say he hasnt been given an opportunity. maybe he just hasnt done much with the one he's been given.
lets face it, he's boring on-screen. they've only billed him as "son of the m$m" maybe his brother will heal up and get called to the main roster and they can dominate the tag division...

WWE needs to break him away from Maryse and this big bucks trust fund bring that back in and try and play upon money = power and build him up as a heel thats pays people off to do his dirty work and he takes the credit, change his damn theme song (remix his dad's if necessary) and when his brother comes up have them become a tag team but KEEP THEM TOGETHER for a good couple of years with multiple tag title runs, before both go off on their own, the problem is 2010-2011 has been a year where Ted jr was made to look a joke and it's backfired big time, I like the guy I think he has was it takes to be a badass heel but the question IF and WHEN WWE decide to run with him, I'd draft him in April to Smackdown as a start.

As a spectactor I feel that Ted does not care what he does in the ring. He gives it the same energy as he would taking a constipated dump in the toilet. He has gotten worse in the ring since the Legacy break-up. I honestly think something happened between the end of Legacy and him going out on his own that stiffled him professionally.

He went from Legacy Champion to: My dadddy's name with my daddy's belt with my daddy's valet/bodygaurd and my daddy's gimmick.

I do not likeCody's gimmick but he honestly milks it like it is Wrestlemania Gold.

Their divergent attitudes have made all the difference.

I think Dibiase has the skills and the look to be a main event player in a few years but he needs to ditch the gimmick and Maryse soon.

He was over with the crowd during the feud with Orton and breaking off from Legacy but then they tried to make him into his dad and it killed whatever momentum he had. The younger audience doesn't care about the Million Dollar man therefore they don't care for Dibiase and him trying to be his dad.

Either move him to Smackdown so he can get a fresh start or Bring his brother up and let them dominate the tag teams for awhile. Then give him a fresh start either as a face or heel.

I think the only thing keeping him in the E currently is his Last name. Overall the guy just lacks charisma and comes off very wooden in front of the crowds, add to that having his fathers gimmick which requires alot of charisma and its just a bad mix.

I just really dont see him going anywhere I mean he was supposed to go face awhile back vs Orton, but people back then would rather cheer Orton so that got scrapped in favor of a Tweener run for Orton and a reboot of the Milion dollar gimmick for Ted.

I guess I stand alone it really liking Ted's work since the split of Legacy?

Since Legacy split, Ted really hasn't had much chance to shine. Raw became ALL about Nexus and Cena, and Ted, along with the majority of the Raw roster that wasn't Edge, Jericho, Orton, or Daniel Bryan got put on an indefinite backburner. Ted is really playing up to his losing streak storyline, growing his facial hair to makw himself look more depressed, and MAryse is doing a good job of playing the role of a girlfriend who thinks her man is a loser.

You can call Ted bland and boring all you like; the top two faces on Raw are no different. I see good things in Ted's future, and I DO still believe he will be the next Randy Orton.

First post here so please go easy on me.

Ted Dibase will be a permanent mid-carder.

Ted DiBase's mic skills are WORST than Drew McIntyre's, which is very bad. His wrestling skills are also horrible. He is one of the worst wrestlers in WWE history. Even Mason Ryan is a better wrestler than him.
WWE is not stupid enough to push a guy who makes the audience silent. He just doesn't sell. Can you imagine Ted DiBase main-eventing WM? Exactly.
Ted DiBase is future endeavored.
He is very overrated.

You're kidding, right? He's a better wrestler than the Miz AND Cena. Hell, he put on some of the best matches of the year with Daniel Bryan. One of them was even on NXT, FFS! McIntyre's mic skills aren't that bad, either, and by the way, the tense you're looking for is "Worse", not "Worst". Ted drew plenty of heat when he was with Legacy, but the crowd is so silent to him now because WWE has done quite literally NOTHING with him. Name one feud he's had since the split of Legacy. Goldust? Don't make me laugh.

I do see him main-eventing WM, just not any time soon.

He received plenty of attention when he was looking for his 'Virgil' who ended up being THE Virgil.

He had a fued with R-Truth that went nowhere. (Remember the 'dance/sing off'?)

He did have a fued with Goldust and that could have gone somewhere. He has a NXT rookie this time and so far...bleh. He even had his dad come into it when he married Goldust and Askana (sp?)

And he did some ring work with Daniel Bryan.

Seriously, how many chances does a guy need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back