**MERGED** John Cena Thread - Heel Turn, Matches, Etc. (Keep it in here!!)

Love him or Hate him?

• Love him

• Hate him

• In between

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lmao CM Punk fanboys never cease to make me laugh. Punk,Ryder,Bryan 6-Man Tag- Match got the worst ratings since 1997. .. How many excuses you guys have to use just to appreciate your indy guys ? .No one gives a shit about Punk or Bryan leaving the smarks (like you). It takes time to build a superstar ? Yes of course... But not everybody can be a Superstar for ex. Ryder and Bryan.

They belong in Mid-Card not the World Title picture. All this Punk "Push" thing is just a phase and WWE is doing that to play with IWC and Smarks which ofcourse includes you.

And quite honestly this is the other spectrum of stupid. CM Punk's a draw, and that's a fact. He makes the WWE a grand amount of money (outselling Cena, while Punk merchandise amounted to a t-shirt and gloves), has gotten mainstream press recognition which rarely happens with professional wrestling, is completely over with the crowds, and has the wrestling skills to back up his mic skills. Not every indy-guy belongs in the mid-card. WWE's push with CM Punk is the long term. While I might agree with you concerning Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder being midcard material, CM Punk is where you're wrong. It's not just because I'm a fan, it's realistic thinking.

I don't see why people boo John Cena, he does so much for the fans, for the company, I suppose some people think it's cool to boo him now, but I seriously don't get why so many people feel as though they have to boo him. As Cena would say, rise above hate.

I don't see why people boo John Cena, he does so much for the fans, for the company, I suppose some people think it's cool to boo him now, but I seriously don't get why so many people feel as though they have to boo him. As Cena would say, rise above hate.

He is fake, manufactored by a giant company, created and molded by a bunch of marketing folks who have taken pools on what people like. He is no different than Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Justin Bieber, Twilight, Britney Spears, Hannah Montana.

And while all those above were/are popular, they are popular amongst a very specific demographic, kids-young teens, people who generally have limited to poor taste in most things. And dont even start with "You do realize that i know this 12 year old kid who watched Kubrick movies and has great taste right?" i am talking about the generally rule not the exception. If you dont believe me go to a school were typical Cena kids hang out, they are stupid and so were we when we were that age, its perfectly normal.

When i was a kid i used to like 4 turtles who trained ninjitsu and had a rat as a trainer, it was the greatest thing in the world. When i watch it now i realize it was a poor concept, the jokes werent funny and the animation was horrible. The only love i have for that show is notsalgia based, it was a bad show.

Point is kids dont know whats good, they are easy to manipulate, its why parents have to protect them because they simply do not know better.

The reason Zack Ryder has gotten over is because WWE did nothing with him, people know this, they know he made a show on Youtube and they appriciate him for that reason alone. Do you understand the dynamic? Do you understand that in everyday life we are constantly told by our bosses, teachers, parents, wives/husbands, friends what to do and what to think? Do you understand that when we unwind and want to relax, we DONT want to be told who to like or who to cheer for?

People forget that the 3 biggest icons in this industry, 2 of them became ICONS when they went heel and 1 had his career rejuvinated because of a turn.

Austin - Heel
He was initially a heel, who did heelish things, whom the fans themselves turned face. People simply chose this guy and they didnt care that he wasent a model person, or a good guy who kisses babies and visits hospitals

Rock - Heel
As a initial face, people booed him out of the building "Rocky Sucks!" chant were a norm. He gained prominence when he was a part of the Corporation, by being a heel there with Vince and testing waters fans started to love his promos and turned him face themselves.

Hogan - Heel
Hogan was disliked and viewed as a wash up after WM7, booing chants were often heard. Once he went heel his whole career was prolonged and when he came back to WWE the fans, turned him face against the Rock at WM17.

The point is that being a heel is not a detriment to your career, infact those 3 megastars prove that it can have positive effects for you and your character in the long run. This idea that if Cena turned heel it would kill his career is stupid and shows a lack of understanding of this bussiness.

He is fake, manufactored by a giant company, created and molded by a bunch of marketing folks who have taken pools on what people like. He is no different than Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Justin Bieber, Twilight, Britney Spears, Hannah Montana.

That right there is exactly it. I like John Cena. I respect his charity work and everything he does. He goes out everynight does his job to the best of his ability.

My problem is the corporate tweaking of his character. WWE telling the fans what their top star is suppossed to be.

People forget that the 3 biggest icons in this industry, 2 of them became ICONS when they went heel and 1 had his career rejuvinated because of a turn.

Austin - Heel
He was initially a heel, who did heelish things, whom the fans themselves turned face. People simply chose this guy and they didnt care that he wasent a model person, or a good guy who kisses babies and visits hospitals

Rock - Heel
As a initial face, people booed him out of the building "Rocky Sucks!" chant were a norm. He gained prominence when he was a part of the Corporation, by being a heel there with Vince and testing waters fans started to love his promos and turned him face themselves.

Hogan - Heel
Hogan was disliked and viewed as a wash up after WM7, booing chants were often heard. Once he went heel his whole career was prolonged and when he came back to WWE the fans, turned him face against the Rock at WM17.

This is my point exactly. When John Cena debuted he was a generic face. just another muscly guy in tights with a generic name. Nobody really cared that much about him.

Then he turns heel and starts rapping. And people fall in love with it. He is edgy entertaining, and I laughed with almost every rap he made. So they turn him face. Still raps still edgey just now directing it at the heels.

Over time though with no explination they wore away all the things that originally made Cena popular and stand out. He doesnt rap any more, his hand sign that was originally suppossed to be like a gang sign is now a repeatedly used hand sign (dudleys, 3 count) that means hustle loyalty respect. And because he played a discharged marine in a movie all of a sudden he thinks he is one.

the boos aren't at Cena their at The WWE refusing to listen to the fans.

And The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Cody Rhodes, and Dolph Ziggler aren't manufactured by the WWE? Wait, what?

But of course, they're all bad-asses, which is why you like them, even though they only really play the part --

-- unless you think The Rock really shoves things up people's asses? Unless Stone Cold really kicks Vinnie Mac's ass every off-screen chance he has? Unless Triple H bashes every friend of his with sledgehammers at every unguarded moment? Unless Kurt Angle breaks ankles? Unless Edge really fucked Lita and made off with her to Matt Hardy's eternal consternation (and really REALLY hated John Cena and everything he stood for)? Unless Cody really was given to giving people paper bags with slits for eyes? Unless Dolph really was a show-off and really had Vickie Guerrero as his off-screen girlfriend?

OK. Let me know when you're going to make your next unwittingly sarcastic note next. NEEEEEEEEEEEEXT.

I agree with this entirely. I never believed the boos were for Cena. It was for the WWE. I loved John Cena when he was heel and I still think he is awesome.

I'm thinking they are going to make him Heel soon. But I could be wrong. If they do I hope they don't do it wrong. Or they will boo Cena not the WWE.

Cena is the Tebow of the WWE. He's not very talented physically in the ring but he's a big draw, although not as big a draw as Tebow is. With Tebow atleast we know he's being himself. None of us know who Cena really is. Can a man really be that lame? Can a man really be that hated and not even show that he cares?

I don't believe it's all Cena's fault. I believe Vince is the biggest reason for all this crap. Cena should've never been pushed to the moon like he was. More talented and entertaining guys like Edge and Christian busted their asses for 4 years in WWE before Cena even showed up and Cena basically went right past them just because of his looks and physique.

Cena should've been pushed alot like Edge was. He should've had to earn his spot in the WWE Title scene by working for the midcard title for like 4 or 5 years then finally break through. One of the biggest problems for Cena though is the unrealistic way he is booked. His offense isn't believable. It's lame. I'm not necessarily talking about how many moves he does, just what moves he does.

Goldberg for example wasn't the best wrestler, but his offense was believable and you really thought he was killing guys in his matches. Cena's offense is cartoony and reeks of the 80s. Vince should realize though that kayfabe died a long time ago. Bobby Heenan even said this in 2001. Wrestlers today need to work with realistic offenses.

If this Cena heel turn tease doesn't lead to anything, then I think the haters will just stop caring altogether about Cena. The CeNation will then grow older and stop liking Cena. Cena will then be left with no fans other than screaming women. I personally wouldn't be able to live with myself as a WWE wrestler if I was the face of the company and the only people who liked me were women for the most part.

No disrespect to women, but the respect of male wrestling fans matters alot when you are in a business that's generally catered to them.

No disrespect to women, but the respect of male wrestling fans matters alot when you are in a business that's generally catered to them.

I'm a female fan of pro wrestling AND a Cena supporter (not a fan - I'll leave that to Slyfox and Co.), so I'll take that as an insult, thank you very much.

*throws gloves to floor*

Cena is the Tebow of the WWE.

Don't watch NFL, I'm afraid.

He's not very talented physically in the ring but he's a big draw, although not as big a draw as Tebow is.

He's a big man, he doesn't need to do things that a luchador like Rey Mysterio would do, or that a technical guy like, say, Daniel Bryan would do. He only needs to do what is required of big faces like him in order to draw crowds to him.

With Tebow atleast we know he's being himself. None of us know who Cena really is. Can a man really be that lame? Can a man really be that hated and not even show that he cares?

Jackie Robinson, anyone? (That shows you precedent. Yeah?)

But anyway - that amount of derision piled upon you; that's gonna break anybody's heart, but let's not forget Cena's playing the part, taking it all, LET'S GO CENA and CENA SUCKS. He cannot go off script, he cannot break kayfabe, especially with Kane's invitation pending.

I don't believe it's all Cena's fault. I believe Vince is the biggest reason for all this crap. Cena should've never been pushed to the moon like he was.

I heard he was very very over and making Vince money when he was a wigger. How could you NOT PUSH a mooing cash cow?

More talented and entertaining guys like Edge and Christian busted their asses for 4 years in WWE before Cena even showed up and Cena basically went right past them just because of his looks and physique.

Were they ever more than intermittently over than Cena was? Did they steal Cena's spotlight long enough to convince Vince to 'hey, Edge can be face alongside Cena' or better?

Cena should've been pushed alot like Edge was. He should've had to earn his spot in the WWE Title scene by working for the midcard title for like 4 or 5 years then finally break through.

And what would be the point of that with Cena so over with the crowd? What, the crowd's gonna wait for that long?

(And didn't Cena wait for three years to get his first WWE title from JBL? Why penny-pinch?)

One of the biggest problems for Cena though is the unrealistic way he is booked.

He's been top face and top draw for six years now. Don't like it, supplant the audience that roots for him. owait

His offense isn't believable. It's lame. I'm not necessarily talking about how many moves he does, just what moves he does.

I'm not exactly an expert on wrestling moves and such, so I'll pass it to other guys knowledgeable in this aspect of pro wrestling, but I'll just say that there's a reason you don't see guys like Cena do complicated moves, submissions, etc.

Goldberg for example wasn't the best wrestler, but his offense was believable and you really thought he was killing guys in his matches.

From what I've been watching, well, a man with his skill-set would be expected to do that and be believable.

Cena's offense is cartoony and reeks of the 80s.

A good uncomplicated guy who likes kids, salutes Marines, and embraces everyone, fan and hater alike, is cartoonish and reeks of the '80s? Wait, what?

Vince should realize though that kayfabe died a long time ago.

No it didn't. For instance, people still want to chase title-holders, and those title-holders prize their belts and would do anything (underhanded, if they're heel) to retain them.

That kayfabe enough for you?

If this Cena heel turn tease doesn't lead to anything, then I think the haters will just stop caring altogether about Cena.

Maybe. Maybe not. The WWE doesn't care about those haters who don't buy merc especially designed for them; the WWE would cultivate those who buy CENA SUCKS T-shirts and stuff.

The CeNation will then grow older and stop liking Cena. Cena will then be left with no fans other than screaming women.

This is a hoary canard, that the Cenation is composed of kids and women. What about Slyfox?

I personally wouldn't be able to live with myself as a WWE wrestler if I was the face of the company and the only people who liked me were women for the most part.

Rick Rude, anyone? I'm quite sure his gimmick would attract all manners of womenly women to his side.

:lol:

But seriously, that shit ain't gonna happen.

So lemme put my gloves back on, and don't let me hear you talk stuff about us girls again. Got that? :disappointed:

I am not sure how the Kane and Cena match can go (if they fight at RR) unless Kane DESTROYS Cena and Cena "wakes up" hating the fans. Maybe the fans cheer his injury, hes out two weeks and finally comes back as a heel? Any other way I can't see anything good coming out. If Cena goes Super Cena and beats Kane I'll be livid.

You people kill me. Give me one good reason why Cena should be a heal? He already gets more heat than anyone by being a face. By being the top face all the kids want his merchandise, and they are the ones who spend the most money on WWE merchandise, or at least get there parents to. Also it was Cena himself who made the whole "Let go Cena, Cena Sucks" chant big.

Look

[YOUTUBE]1mXj3LhWmNg[/YOUTUBE]

Anyways.

I don't think that they need the Title a Wrestlmania. It gives them nothing. Also it's not like the Rock will win an be the Champ.

I have no problem with intelligent women. I am just massively annoyed by the women who think with their vagina, metaphorically speaking. Those who cheer wrestlers, mainly Cena, just because they think he's hot. That's what I meant when I said I couldn't live with myself as a WWE wrestler if the only people who cheered me were "those" women.

It means a lot to be legitimately respected by knowledgable fans who aren't sheep. I'm not talking about smart ass "smarks" who bitch about everything either. I'm talking about life long fans who more likely than not know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch. It's easy to have a bunch of sheep cheer for you. Sheep will follow the establishment no matter what.

I have no problem with intelligent women. I am just massively annoyed by the women who think with their vagina, metaphorically speaking. Those who cheer wrestlers, mainly Cena, just because they think he's hot. That's what I meant when I said I couldn't live with myself as a WWE wrestler if the only people who cheered me were "those" women.

What's your point? Women are fans just as much as you are. They pay for tickets, they buy the merchandise, they order PPVs, they cheer, boo whatever. What qualifies you as more of a fan than any woman fan on the planet? I'm not a woman, but I find it highly disrespectful that you would make such a point. You hear those lets go Cena chants in the audience? Even if the chants were all women (which they aren't), they're nearly as loud as the Cena sucks chants.
It means a lot to be legitimately respected by knowledgeablee fans who aren't sheep. I'm not talking about smart ass "smarks" who bitch about everything either. I'm talking about life long fans who more likely than not know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch. It's easy to have a bunch of sheep cheer for you. Sheep will follow the establishment no matter what.
Wrongo. Ezekiel Jackson, Mason Ryan, Uso's, Ted DiBiase; all pretty solid looking guys who the WWE has tried to push at one time or another. Yet, no one cheered for these guys no matter how hard they were push. They never got any kind of consistent cheers. Do you have any backup to your opinion that all women cheer for Cena because he's hot? As far I’m concerned, you totally pulled that out of your ass.

I have no problem with intelligent women.
This thread begs to differ.

I am just massively annoyed by the women who think with their vagina, metaphorically speaking.
As opposed to all the men who speak with their genitalia, leading to such historical figures as Miss Elizabeth, Sunny, Sable, Trish, Lita, etc.?

I suppose you get massively annoyed with men too, right?

Those who cheer wrestlers, mainly Cena, just because they think he's hot.
Why does it matter what their reasons are? What makes your reasons greater than theirs?

That's what I meant when I said I couldn't live with myself as a WWE wrestler if the only people who cheered me were "those" women.
If you're drawing money for the WWE, it keeps you in a job. Who cares why they cheer for you.

It means a lot to be legitimately respected by knowledgable fans who aren't sheep.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You have to be joking. Most wrestling fans ARE sheep. Historically wrestling fans have always been sheep. People who boo John Cena are sheep.

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say.

I'm talking about life long fans who more likely than not know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch.
You're over glorifying pro wrestling. Wrestlers don't give a rat's rear end who cheers for them or why, as long as they are paying money to be there. You're making the business seem way more than it is.

It's easy to have a bunch of sheep cheer for you. Sheep will follow the establishment no matter what.
Which I've said about Cena booers for years.

Cena is the Tebow of the WWE. He's not very talented physically in the ring but he's a big draw, although not as big a draw as Tebow is. With Tebow atleast we know he's being himself. None of us know who Cena really is. Can a man really be that lame? Can a man really be that hated and not even show that he cares?

This one really made me lulz.

Cena is the Tebow of the WWE? Maybe after Tebow wins 9 Super Bowls and becomes the defacto face of the NFL, perhaps.

Can a man really be that hated and not even show that he cares? Absolutely. Wrestling is entertainment. John Cena is smart enough to understand the single most important factor when it comes to the fans: If they cheer you? Great. If they boo you? Great. You only care when you get no response at all. Wrestlers don't really care which side of the road they are on with the fans, whether they get pops or heat. It's the wrestlers that draw no reaction at all that should be getting annoyed.

As long as you are getting the crowds vocal, you can be assured of one of two things. Either they paid good money to watch you win, or they paid good money to watch you lose. Regardless of which reason, the fans paid their good money, and that is what gives you a paycheck. In Cena's case, EVERYONE has an opinion on him. There is very little middle ground, he draws an emotional reaction from every single member of the crowd, and that means he is doing exactly what he is paid to do.

It is NOT disrespectful for me to be annoyed by UNINTELLIGENT female fans. I respect women who think objectively. I also get annoyed at dumbass biased male fans too. Trish and Lita by the way, were great female wrestlers. Miss Elizabeth, to the best of my memory never did stripteases or anything so I don't think she was exploited as a sex object.

When it comes to Sunny and Sable, yeah they got over on looks and sex appeal but only a unstraight male wouldn't think that they were awesome. It's a double standard yeah, and I don't necessarily agree with it, but male and female wrestling are different things. I personally wish that women were allowed to be portrayed as both sex symbols and kick ass wrestlers.

Oh yeah, and the only reason Cena has 9 plus World Titles is because he's in a sport with a predetermined outcome where he gets to win because women think he's "hot." If wrestling was real, Cena would be getting owned and maybe squeaking out a win here and there like Tebow is. Heck, Brock Lesnar who is a legit badass, and a guy I think could legitimately mess Cena up, got pretty easily beaten in some of his UFC matches.

Oh yeah, and the only reason Cena has 9 plus World Titles is because he's in a sport with a predetermined outcome where he gets to win because women think he's "hot." If wrestling was real, Cena would be getting owned and maybe squeaking out a win here and there like Tebow is. Heck, Brock Lesnar who is a legit badass, and a guy I think could legitimately mess Cena up, got pretty easily beaten in some of his UFC matches.

What the fuck is this?

Cena always wins because we think of him and his muscles in a positive light (yes, I do think he's handsome)? Where in your ass did you pull that assumption, sir?

And even if he's over because of people's perceptions, who cares as long as he's raking in the revenue? Let's not forget that pro wrestling exists on the viewer's perception that it is real, or at least entertaining. You seem to have lost track of that fact as you fly off towards hypothetical and irrelevant tangents (that, or you're running out of reasons to hate Cena, so you just had to blurt that 'if pro wrestling were only real' wish thinking).

:disappointed:

Okay, so this is my first post here. But I'd like to chime in.
Im a (straight) male in my 30's and I think Cena absolutely rocks!

Granted, Ive been out of the WWE for a bit. I think the last PPV I saw was when the Rock (my previous favorite) wrestled Hulk Hogan. So... about 9 years-ish?

But I heard the Rock was back and so I started watching again. Like I said, The Rock was my absolute favorite. But I came in with Survivor Series 2011 with the Rock and Cena hype. "Who is this Cena guy?" I thought. lol... Which is ironic now that I realize just how big he is.
"Nobody is as cool as the Rock". ;)
But after watching him he quickly became my second favorite. Then it was a toss up. But now, I gotta say... He's definitely my favorite...and here is why...

(Now I dont deal in absolutes (only Sith deal in absolutes. lol)...or rather try not to... So I wont make some of the ignorant statements like. "nobody likes..., or only girls like.... other stupid comments. Im not so dumb as to think everyone should or does think like me.)

John Cena is, for me, refreshingly unique. Attitude is pretty stereotypical for WE personas. "Im greater, Im the best, Nobody can beat me, Im the greatest, Im meaner than the next guy, Im too cool for my speedoes"...etc, etc.
Those attitude type characters are a dime a dozen in the WWE. And that is all fine and well and fun too.
It is so cool to see someone that doesn't play to that stereotype though! And he still kicks ass.
Maybe its the way I was raised... "Dont fight just because you can", "the bigger man can walk away", etc. Or maybe it's just because its good to see a "Rise above it all" type character who doesnt have to prove himself every minute. Who would not want to be that guy? I would think even the "haters" would like to be the type of guy who doesnt feel he's gotta prove to the world what he really is made of. Though they'll call that boring. Yet how many people will make the claim... "I dont have to prove anything"...when pretty much all of us feel we do in some point or another. Yet when a character comes along that lives by a standard we wish we could...we hate him and say its boring?
I THINK, these same people (or at least many of them) would say characters like Superman, Captain America, and Batman, and Jean Luke Picard, etc etc, are boring too. Yet, I think perhaps MORE likely, many of these that say Cena is boring or dull or lack luster or too superman like, may have characters in other media that they favor just like that. So why the double standard? Why cant we have that in the WWE?
Why is that so unacceptable when it comes to WWE? But acceptable in movies many love such as Gladiator, or Kingdom of Heaven, or Rocky? Or in similar characters in TV shows or Comics?

So, yeah... I like the UNBREAKABLE spirit and attitude of Rise Above, and Never Give Up, and Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect!
Why do so many feel that good guys have to have a bad attitude and or be disrespectful in order to be "cool"?

To me, its cooler to be above that. And still kick ass and take names when need be. ;)

Anyway, that's my two cents.

And just to be clear, so y'all know Im not just someone who only likes the good guys...
Im also a fan of The Miz and Cody Rhodes...simply because they are great characters. Characters you love to "hate"!

John Cena is a great and fairly unique character in my mind.

And let's not have any more of this dumb "Nobody likes Cena" garbage. There are a lot of adult male Cena fans too.
Oh.. and also, just for the record... my wife doesnt think he is that attractive...

I brought up wrestling being predetermined because somebody made a smartass comment about how Tebow isn't in Cena's league because he hasn't won 9 SuperBowls. I compared Cena and Tebow because persona wise and how people react to them is very similar. Cena is not the best at wrestling technique and Tebow isn't the best at QB mechanics, but both are polarizing draws.

In defense of Tebow, he's only been playing football for 2 years, and he's playing a competitive sport. So don't defend Cena by saying "Well he's a 10 time World Champion, blah blah blah, Tebow isn't in his leauge.." Tebow will doing Make a Wish if he starts winning, and may already be doing it. The difference being, Tebow has actually won a competitive game.

Now I know wrestling isn't real in terms of outcomes, and I love wrestling, but you can't claim Cena is great just because he has 10 plus World Titles. Cena's a big name no doubt, but he's a product of the WWE Machine. Sure alot of guys are, but CM Punk is a self made man. Dwayne Johnson is also a self made man. He has proven that WWE needs him more than he needs them. Cena on the other hand obviously needs WWE because nobody buys his crappy movies.

I'm also not here to bash Cena, I'm here to discuss why I don't like Cena and why I think he's overrated.

Do you honestly think WWE needs CM Punk more than CM Punk needs them?

Of course Rock is the exception because he's the one person in the last decade who's truly transcended the business. But that doesn't apply to everyone, certainly not Punk or any other top star whose name isn't Cena. Also, Cena is pretty obviously the closest thing to a mainstream name WWE has right now. I have friends who know nothing about wrestling, and the first two people they know are Rock and Cena. Rock because of his movies, Cena because he's the biggest star in wrestling.

You're using blanket argument, like "predetermined outcomes don't matter," and applying them solely to Cena. You're right, the titles aren't what makes Cena great. Titles don't make anyone great. The performer makes himself great.

As far as the Trish and Lita thing goes, I'll say this much. Both women were very talented, but their being absolutely smoking hot helped me to enjoy them just as much. It's possible to like someone both for their talent AND their looks.

I never said CM Punk doesn't need WWE. He obviously does. I was just saying that it's stupid for people to pretend that Cena is a mainstream mega-god and has zero flaws. People on here overrate how good Cena is. Also, like I said before, I only brought up the fact that wrestling isn't actual competition because somebody said Cena was great because he had like 10 titles. That was just an example of the biasedness that alot of people show for Cena.

I believe some people are biased towards Cena because they think it makes them "smart". It doesn't. For that matter, booing Cena doesn't make you "smart" either. I personally just don't like Cena, I don't hate him though. I honestly can't stand how he carries himself on tv, and I DESPISE his promos and his refusal to bash the people that boo him. I believe it is possible to pull off a PARTIAL heel turn, which in turn would probably help him a ton.

At this point the people who don't like him, myself included, just want him to tell us to kiss his ass. He can do that and still keep his CeNation fans. Since when is telling somebody to kiss your ass the sign of being a supervillain?

From the newswire.

ESPN's financial expert Michele Steele tweeted on Tuesday that John Cena was worth $106 million in retail value to WWE in 2011.

No further details were given to explain Cena's direct impact on WWE's business. It is speculated that the figure likely includes John Cena merchandise and an estimate of Cena's impact on PPV buyrates, live event ticket sales and advertising revenue from WWE programming that features Cena.

When you see this number it puts in perspective when we hear about WWE's hesitation over the years to make John Cena a clear cut bad guy because of the worry they would lose money on him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first read this article the first thing that came to mind was the only way he turns heel if someone else puts up these numbers. When they turned Austin heel they had The Rock so they wouldn't lose money and Austin and Rock put up these same numbers. It's a business decision it's the business of wrestling were you don't kill your money maker unless you have someone in the wings immediately. CM Punk is holding the company flag but he needs more time like Cena. This didn't happen overnight it took years for him to bring in this kind of jack for the company same with Austin & Rock.

If you were running a global business and one of your top employees were bringing in money like this would you change it to appease a minority. Or would you stay with the formula that got you there?

Thoughts. DISCLAMER: This is not a Cena hate thread there is already a thread for that. Real Discussion.

I think it would ultimately be a bad move to turn cena as the numbers show. Now that doesn't mean that they won't do it in time, like you said it took cena time to get to where he is, and if punk is really going to be they're guy they've got to give him at least 2-3 years to build him up.
In all honesty though i don't think punk will ever be able to do that, whether you like him or not cena has made more money for the wwe than anybody else. Turning him would honestly be disastrous for the wwe. Todays wwe is a younger audience dominated show like it or not, the IWC wants a heel cena, and the IWC doesn't even add up to a quarter of the wwe's audience
So to answer the question I would say no keep cena a face he's to the point now where he could be the lowest match on the card and still pull in major money for them.

so u r telling me that only the IWC makeup the cena haters and IWC is not even making up the quarter of wwe then how come cena got booed out at ecw 2006 mitb 2011 WM 2011. U r telling me only IWC came to these events here is the truth it is ture IWC donot make make up even a quarter of wwe but what about the others?see that shows how many people hates him. so it will not be disastrous for wwe to turn him heel wwe has cm puck and orton to take over

ok, i hardly ever EVER post here, but after reading UC Punk's post...so ok, yeah he got booed out of the building, but how many of those people were wearing a Cena shirt, cap, wrist bands, necklaces? how many of them were holding programs with his face on it?

it would be stupid for the WWE to turn their cash cow heel right now. it's not going to happen, not without someone to balance things out.

yeah some was holding his items but nowadays there r many cm punk related item the fans r buying that r now buying his items
so it
would be business wise to turn him so the some of the haters would come back and plus we got cm punk or orton to take over @CKO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back