**MERGED** John Cena Thread - Heel Turn, Matches, Etc. (Keep it in here!!)

Love him or Hate him?

• Love him

• Hate him

• In between

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay for one they should seriously at least think about a change in character for Cena, not turning him heel exactly since he already gets booed a lot. But when your hometown guy comes out and is booed out of the building in his own hometown, there is something wrong with that picture. Heels still get cheered over almost everybody in their hometown. When Orton was a heel and WWE was in St. Louis, Orton got one of the loudest pops of the night. Any Canadian in their hometown will almost always get the biggest cheers. Hell, when Sheamus first was a heel and they did a show in Dublin Sheamus was cheered all over the place and he was one of the most hated guys at that time. So when the all mighty John Cena, supposedly the most popular wrestler ever, comes out in Boston, Massachusetts and gets universally booed almost, that is when the WWE should think about changing him. For instance when Cena first debuted he was bland and boring, then he became the rapper and instantly got over. Then they took everything that made Cena interesting and removed it and he became what he is today: The 5 moves of doom, Super Cena, always overcome every single obstacle no matter what, guy alot of the fans have become sick of. You always have to evolve and u can't stay the same forever and expect everyone in the world to still enjoy u.

And another thing it is nearly impossible to get a heel truly over when they are stuck in a feud with Cena because no matter what they are going to be viewed as the face to alot of the crowd that are sick of Cena. Cena being booed in nearly every match he is in is not what I call the most popular wrestler in the WWE. When you have guys like CM Punk, or Zack Ryder being cheered by everybody and booing the guy they are going up against, that is what is supposed to happen with a face. When you have a heel stuck in a feud with Cena where they get cheered by default because their wrestling Cena, it kinda makes it hard for them to get truly over with the crowd. Miz said it best when he had his match with Cena on Raw, and he stopped the match and yelled at the people for chanting the wrong name. He was trying to be a heel and all the fans care about is either chanting lets go Cena, or chanting Cena sucks. They are pretty much ignoring the guy Cena is up against because it is all about their love or hate for Cena. Triple H once stated in an interview in 2006 that Kurt Angle wasn't a good enough heel because every single thing he did couldn't stop the crowd from booing Cena. He insulted the troops, made jokes about making Jesus tap out and saying France was the best country in the world, yet fans still booed Cena. Triple H would find this out himself come Wrestlemania 22 when the fans were literally chanting fuck you Cena and cheering every thing Triple H did. This is the problem with every heel that Cena faces. Because they truly can't be over on their own accomplishments or actions as a heel because fans are sick of John Cena, and will be booing him no matter who he is up against.

There are still clearly heels and faces, despite what people always say about "reality" or shades of grey.

CM Punk and Randy Orton are faces. They don't run away from fights, they win matches cleanly rather than by cheating, and the odds are sometimes stacked against them. They team with other faces and they occasionally pander to the audience.

With that said, their characters are extensions of their real life personalities. CM Punk is a loudmouth who will shout his opinions at anyone who will listen. Randy Orton is a man with a history of real life anger management issues. As faces, they play themselves.

All these things also apply to John Cena. He fights for his fans, is passionate, and is a humble man who does whatever the company asks of him. That's who he is. So why turn him heel so he can become someone he's not?

I have just joined these forums and I am shocked about the amount of criticism towards John Cena, yes he is the poster boy of the PG era but it is not his fault it is the wwe creative that made him who he is.
All cena does is go out do his job and entertain thousands of fans every monday night and all he gets hate 24/7.
Do you agree?
come on guys lets RISE ABOVE HATE:confused:

^^

He deserves it to an extent. I'm not some blind Cena hater who wishes him harm or blames him for everything that is wrong with WWE but.. Cena's character is so boring.

Cena has accomplished all he has to do as a Face & at this point his character is just going through the motions.. after The Rock leaves what is Cena suppose to do? The same old shit he's been doing for 6+ years? Get his 13th title shot? whilst cutting the same promo every single week.

I don't believe that Cena has no influence over his promos or what happens with his character i just think he doesn't really care, he more or less said he doesn't care. And that seems rather sad that the face of the company is despised so much.

If Cena changed his character became more edgy (he doesn't even have to turn Heel) just grow a fucking pair I could respect him for it, and I'm sure a lot of his 'haters' will too.

^^

He deserves it to an extent. I'm not some blind Cena hater who wishes him harm or blames him for everything that is wrong with WWE but.. Cena's character is so boring.

Cena has accomplished all he has to do as a Face & at this point his character is just going through the motions.. after The Rock leaves what is Cena suppose to do? The same old shit he's been doing for 6+ years? Get his 13th title shot? whilst cutting the same promo every single week.

I don't believe that Cena has no influence over his promos or what happens with his character i just think he doesn't really care, he more or less said he doesn't care. And that seems rather sad that the face of the company is despised so much.

If Cena changed his character became more edgy (he doesn't even have to turn Heel) just grow a fucking pair I could respect him for it, and I'm sure a lot of his 'haters' will too.

The "same old shit" Cena's using will keep on working, so why go away from that? Cena's not boring, he's not bad at what he does, there's no need for him to change. It's a part of Cena's character now that he's liked by some, hated by others. Hell, it has been for quite some time. For example, nothing would change if Cena turned heel/went edgier, because the same people calling for a heel turn would start talking him down and saying he has no business being a heel. It's like a cycle, I don't buy for one second that any of the Cena hate would dissipate if he went heel/edgier, because it's already unreasonable in the first place.

To say Cena doesn't care is beyond laughable -- it's stupid. Cena clearly cares about wrestling more than anybody on the current roster today. He never misses shows, he goes out and works hard every day, he goes to Make-A-Wish Foundation functions, he lives and breathes what he does. Cena's the hardest worker there is, that's why he's the top guy. Cena does what's best for the company and he should be respected for it.

Cena needs to grow a pair? Since when is it wrong for Cena (as a character) to stand up for what he believes in? Since when does that mean he has to grow a pair? If anything, that should be reason alone for you to respect Cena. He doesn't need added edginess to his character, because he already has an edge, but because it's just unnecessary. Most of the people that complain about Cena as a character are the ones that don't understand who Cena is as a character.

Crock, if you find the status quo entertaining more power to you, but in my opinion (and alot of other people's too) Cena is not entertaining and he is just going through the motions. I mean the only thing besides constantly being Champion that he has going for him is this Cena haters vs CeNation feud with Kane.

Those crowd reactions aren't even a result of talent. Basically, in some weird paradoxical way, Cena is drawing interest because he's boring and doing the same thing over and over again.

What I mean by that is that he is getting the reactions he is presently getting because he's doing the same shit week after week. So because he's not entertaining, he's getting these reactions, which have been turned into a storyline. It's like a riddle wrapped up inside an enigma.

I don't think Cena deserves to be blamed for everything that's wrong with WWE, but I also don't think he deserves credit for this storyline either.

Crock, if you find the status quo entertaining more power to you, but in my opinion (and alot of other people's too) Cena is not entertaining and he is just going through the motions. I mean the only thing besides constantly being Champion that he has going for him is this Cena haters vs CeNation feud with Kane.

Constantly being champion? Must be why he has only had the belt for 5 weeks since Punk did his whole "I'm leaving" thing, while Punk has held it twice that long since, and Alberto Del Rio has had it more than twice as long as well. For the past six and a half months, Cena has held the belt significantly less than either Punk or Del Rio. Cena's "constant championships" have been a minor blip on the radar since July.

Those crowd reactions aren't even a result of talent. Basically, in some weird paradoxical way, Cena is drawing interest because he's boring and doing the same thing over and over again.

This makes absolutely no sense. People are interested in Cena because he is boring? Huh? If he was boring, there would be no reaction at all. See Ted DiBiase.

What I mean by that is that he is getting the reactions he is presently getting because he's doing the same shit week after week. So because he's not entertaining, he's getting these reactions, which have been turned into a storyline. It's like a riddle wrapped up inside an enigma.

Not unlike your logic, and just as nonsensical. So as long as you are unentertaining for long enough, people will cheer you because your being unentertaining is somehow entertaining? :confused:

Davi, I know it seems confusing, because it is. You know I'm right though. Cena is obviously over with the kids, teenage girls, and women. That can't be disputed, so obviously they are cheering for him. That doesn't change the fact, that in my opinion and a lot of other people in my demographic, that Cena is boring and has been doing the same old shit for years. Cena has had a few interesting feuds I'll admit, but for the most part he's represented the status quo.

If it wasn't for CM Punk, we'd still be having Cena being WWE Champion and kicking Miz's ass without breaking a sweat all while smiling and kissing babies. Ok, back to the point I was trying to make. Cena and his status quo attitude has been alienating a big section of the fanbase. This has made those people, which I'm one of, despise Cena on screen. So we started booing him and letting WWE know we are sick of how they are seperating our jaws and shoving him down our throats.

Now you having Cena's fans predictably cheering for him, and you have the haters booing him, and the two sides go to war with each other, and finally it's turned into a storyline after years of WWE ignoring it. So basically, this Kane storyline, which for right now atleast is very interesting, is a product of circumstances out of Cena's control and not a result of his so called talent or drawing ability. It's a very difficult to explain circumstance, but I did it the best I could.

Davi, I know it seems confusing, because it is. You know I'm right though. Cena is obviously over with the kids, teenage girls, and women. That can't be disputed, so obviously they are cheering for him. That doesn't change the fact, that in my opinion and a lot of other people in my demographic, that Cena is boring and has been doing the same old shit for years. Cena has had a few interesting feuds I'll admit, but for the most part he's represented the status quo.

So, then is the Undertaker boring too? Other than when he was the Underbiker for a while, he has been doing essentially the same gimmick for 20 years. Tell me though...what major character changes has CM Punk undergone since arriving at the WWE? Whether he was a face or a heel merely depended on who he was telling the "truth" about. He has pretty much always been the same character he is now, the only difference is that when he is attacking faces he is a heel, and when he attacks heels with his pipebombs he is a face.

If it wasn't for CM Punk, we'd still be having Cena being WWE Champion and kicking Miz's ass without breaking a sweat all while smiling and kissing babies. Ok, back to the point I was trying to make. Cena and his status quo attitude has been alienating a big section of the fanbase. This has made those people, which I'm one of, despise Cena on screen. So we started booing him and letting WWE know we are sick of how they are seperating our jaws and shoving him down our throats.

It seems to me that Alberto Del Rio has been a two time champion this year, and Rey had a short lived reign too. Cena's last title reign lasted two damn weeks. And who did he lose to? Wasn't Punk, it was Del Rio. In fact, who ended Cena's 3 week title reign this summer? That wasn't Punk either, that was Del Rio. Of Cena's three title reigns in this calendar year, Punk only beat him once, while Del Rio has done it twice. Maybe instead of saying if it wasn't for CM Punk, you should be saying if it wasn't for Del Rio we'd still be having Cena as WWE Champion.

They have been alienating a big section of his fanbase...but that section of his fanbase is smaller than the section of his fanbase that appreciates Cena and what he stands for. What should he do, piss off the 70% to appease the 30%? You don't get it...the WWE doesn't give a damn if there is a vocal anti-Cena minority on the Internet. They make a lot more money on T-shirts from the pro-Cena crowd. They sell more tickets to WWE events because of the pro-Cena crowd.

Now you having Cena's fans predictably cheering for him, and you have the haters booing him, and the two sides go to war with each other, and finally it's turned into a storyline after years of WWE ignoring it. So basically, this Kane storyline, which for right now atleast is very interesting, is a product of circumstances out of Cena's control and not a result of his so called talent or drawing ability. It's a very difficult to explain circumstance, but I did it the best I could.

And you know what will happen? Cena will prevail over Kane in the end. What does that tell you about what the WWE thinks about the anti-Cena crowd?

We don't know for sure yet what's going to happen with the Kane feud. If Cena does come out on top in the end, then it will have been a huge waste of time. When it comes to Undertaker doing the same old shit, well, Taker has always been entertaining. Taker has never been booed out of an arena as a face. To be fair though, I'll admit that I'm sick of Taker now too. His WM streak storyline is in my opinion, worse than SuperCena. You can't tell me that the people around the country who boo Cena out of buildings are 30 percenters. It's atleast 45 percent. I'll even go as high as 50 percent of the WWE fanbase.

Alot of people who don't like Cena don't even go on wrestling sites. Besides, I don't get the whole "IWC" stuff. You go on online wrestling sites so YOU must be a member of this so called "IWC". I must be too. Point being, not all Cena haters discuss their dislike for Cena online.

When it comes to CM Punk, he too has always been entertaining. It also helps that he's great in the ring. Cena doesn't have phenomenal in ring skills to fall back on, so he should be a guy who relies on personality. He doesn't though. He comes out and does cookie cutter promos, kisses ass, and people hate him for it. They don't want some guy with big muscles kissing their ass, they want him to be funny and creative, heck, even attack them.

In all honesty, I'm not going to say being a Cena fan makes you dumb, but I do think that a lot of the "CeNation" are sheep. I just wish people cheered for who they like and made up their own mind and didn't fall for WWE marketing. Punk became a face because the fans made him a face. Cena became a face back in 2005 because he was funny and entertaining, then slowly became a Hulk Hoganish cookie cutter douche who was then forced down people's throats.

Fans with with minds of their own didn't want that Cena. Cena became the Corporate Champion that "Mr.McMahon" wanted Austin to be back in 98 and 99. The difference was that Cena was wearing "jorts" and sneakers to hide this fact from the sheep who lapped up Cena's phoniness.

John Cena doesn't have in ring skills to back it up, PunkNation26?

2003 called, wants you to remember it existed. Cena and Angle put on a wrestling clinic in Cena's debut. Brock Lesnar and Cena had a solid match at Backlash 2004. Fact is, Cena can go in the ring with the best of them.

However, John Cena does his job and gets beaten up before hitting 5 moves of doom.

Next complaint: "John Cena cuts cookie cutter promos"

Reason: John Cena is doing his job. He is given these promos and told to do them.

You seem to not understand that pro-wrestling is in fact, scripted. John Cena is playing a character, your complaints are not with Cena, but with creative.

Let's look at some other examples of "John Cena" in history

A guy who comes in, makes a rousing debut against established talent. Ends up in a high profile feud early, wins the midcard title several times, before winning the world title. As world champion, this guy did 5 moves every match to end them and notoriously no-sold.

I'm talking about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Shawn Michaels as well.

But hey, John Cena is still terrible, right?

I said Cena didn't have "phenomenal" skills to fall back on. Also, there's a difference in doing a 5 moves of doom, and having a moveset with signature moves. Rock did the same moves in all of his matches, but for the most part they weren't sequences. Shawn Michaels, atleast late in his career I'll admit, did start doing a move sequence.

When it comes to Cena's promos, I'm pretty sure that he has creative control and can say pretty much what he wants within certain guidelines. I just wish Cena hadn't been forced into the mainstream media as the Hulk Hogan of the millenium. For the most part, Rock and Austin made themselves stars. They weren't pimped all over the place for company p.r. They just went out and kicked ass and entertained like only they could.

When it comes to Cena, it seems like all that WWE and Vince McMahon cared about was selling as much of his crappy merchandise as they could while putting his face on everything. While I understand it from a business perspective, it is also easy to understand why people are generally sick of Cena and are pissed at him, or his character. To me, when I talk about Cena, I generally take it as a given that I'm talking about his character.

I still fail to see why people hate on Cena. I cannot honestly find a reason to dislike him. He rarely EVER puts on a bad match. Most of the matches he has are good and when he goes up the top dogs he usually puts on some amazing matches. Look at matches with HHH, HBK and Edge, all of them were amazing matches. He has awesome might skills as well so thats not a reason to dislike him.

"His character/gimmick is so old. He needs a change." Why does he need a change? Taker has stayed the same for 98% of his career, Stone Cold never got boring, The Rock never got boring, Sting has always been a face, Jeff Hardy was a face the whole time he was in WWE and none of them guys got boring with what they were doing. So I don't understand why Cena's character has to change. It is a classic gimmick for the face of the company.

"He is in the title picture too much". Firstly it would be stupid for him to not be around the title being the FACE of WWE but secondly he still has feuds with other people that aren't around the title. What do you want him to do? Not be around the title for 2 years or something? The guy draws and even with him in the title picture you still get up and comers going for it which is your arguement for why he shouldn't be in it. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Punk, Barret, Sheamus have all been or around the title picture despite Cena being in there and you also still have legends going for the title as well. So even if Cena is around the title so is the next up and comer and another WWE vet.

"He only knows 5 moves". That is a blatant lie. Have you seen any of his matches? Sure he uses the same moves in every match (with a mix of other moves) but you know why he does that. Because they are his SIGNATURE MOVES. You know, the type of move every superstar has. Like HHH with his jumping knee and spine buster, Taker with his last ride, chokeslam, old school etc. Every superstar has signature moves and they use them every match. Cena doesn't have a wide move pool but most wrestlers don't. So don't just bash Cena for that.

Personally the only reason why I think everyone hates him is because everyone is jealous of where he is and who looks up to him. I can't think of another reason.

Cena as a person seems to be a great guy. We can't know that for sure though. I do however believe he is a corporate champion in disguise. He basically stands for every single thing that "Mr. McMahon" wanted Austin to stand for back when they started feuding. It was when Austin came out wearing a suit and was smiling for the camera, then tore the suit off and said he couldn't wear that shit.

I just don't see how it's any different. I don't know Cena as a person obviously, but I just know that about the only entertaining thing about Cena up until recently was discussing with people why I don't like him and why they do like him. I am not afraid to admit, that if Cena would just take somebody out, in a beat down, and put them out of action, I'll like him.

Putting somebody out of action with a beat down won't make Cena a heel. If his fanbase doesn't like it, who gives a shit. They are watching the wrong genre of entertainment if they don't like watching Cena kick some guy's ass because he's pissed off.

I still fail to see why people hate on Cena. I cannot honestly find a reason to dislike him. He rarely EVER puts on a bad match. Most of the matches he has are good and when he goes up the top dogs he usually puts on some amazing matches. Look at matches with HHH, HBK and Edge, all of them were amazing matches. He has awesome might skills as well so thats not a reason to dislike him.

"His character/gimmick is so old. He needs a change." Why does he need a change? Taker has stayed the same for 98% of his career, Stone Cold never got boring, The Rock never got boring, Sting has always been a face, Jeff Hardy was a face the whole time he was in WWE and none of them guys got boring with what they were doing. So I don't understand why Cena's character has to change. It is a classic gimmick for the face of the company.

"He is in the title picture too much". Firstly it would be stupid for him to not be around the title being the FACE of WWE but secondly he still has feuds with other people that aren't around the title. What do you want him to do? Not be around the title for 2 years or something? The guy draws and even with him in the title picture you still get up and comers going for it which is your arguement for why he shouldn't be in it. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Punk, Barret, Sheamus have all been or around the title picture despite Cena being in there and you also still have legends going for the title as well. So even if Cena is around the title so is the next up and comer and another WWE vet.

"He only knows 5 moves". That is a blatant lie. Have you seen any of his matches? Sure he uses the same moves in every match (with a mix of other moves) but you know why he does that. Because they are his SIGNATURE MOVES. You know, the type of move every superstar has. Like HHH with his jumping knee and spine buster, Taker with his last ride, chokeslam, old school etc. Every superstar has signature moves and they use them every match. Cena doesn't have a wide move pool but most wrestlers don't. So don't just bash Cena for that.

Personally the only reason why I think everyone hates him is because everyone is jealous of where he is and who looks up to him. I can't think of another reason.

I agree with you man. For my appearance it looks like I hate Cena, but I don't. I don't hate him at all. John Cena has really shown talent a lot of times, and his matches are actually pretty good.
Examples: Cena vs JBL. What an awesome match. Cena vs Triple H vs HBK. An awesome match too. And a lot more. You see.. all the wrestlers do have limited moves. Even some of the greatest. like he said, Taker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc. I don't think it's bad have limited moves. The gimmicks, uh, a lot of people did have the same gimmick all his wrestling life. Shawn has always been the Heartbreak Kid, SCSA has always been the badass, The Rock has always been.. well.. the ''dramatic'' guy.. Bret Hart was always been the Canadian patriot guy, and so on.. Why do you guys complain so much? I think that you are just jealous. C'mon, give him a break! He always recieve death wish tweets.. It must be though.. But he is still there, appearing in every Monday Night Raw without excuse! Supporting all the ''Fuck Cena'' and ''Cena Sucks'' chants for 10,000 assholes! Damn!

5 reasons why I hate John Cena!

1. Honestly, he is holding a lot of talent back from blossoming - all be it its not entirely his fault bc its not his decision, but he does have some pull backstage.

2. He honestly annoys me when he tries to be "witty" on the mic. He is no Rock, he is no Jericho, he is no edge, and he is certainly no Punk.

3. I get bored watching him wrestle - i tape Raw so I can fast forward his matches - sure he works his ASS OFF but its the same ol' thing every single time.

4. His look is just not that great either. Chain Gang era was AWESOME I must admit, but the cleaner goody two shoes version this day is too CLEAN.

5. Because I am an Edge, Punk, Rock, Y2J, Barrett fan ... prob 4-5 of his biggest enemies

Ok, here we go.

1. Like you said, it's not his fault. He doesn't choose his gimmick or moves. WWE does.

2. Yeah he may not be none of that guys, he is John Cena.. He do have mic skills. You wanna probe it? Try to go talk in front of 9.000.000 assholes chanting ''Fuck you!''. I will like to see what you will do.

3. A lot of great wrestlers do what you call '' the same ol' thing'' HHH: Knee, Spinebuster, pedigree, is over. Taker: Old School, chokeslam, tombstone piledriver, is over.

4. Duh, clean.. The freakin' name says it goddamit! All the face guys need to look face!

5. That is the stupid reason I have ever heard. I'm Kane fan and I don't hate him.

Really, I will tell you the six reason that is hide right there.

6. OK I'm jealous of him because he is in the top of the industry uhh!

That is the sixth reason and the only true reason why you hate Cena.

This isn't a John Cena "will he turn heel?" Thread. Insted, this is something a little different I believe... Can John Cena win over the men in the audience? This of course has no chance of happening, unless he turns heel, that's a definate! Nearly everyone respects John Cena, but at the moment the only people who 'like' John Cena are the children and women.

I thought of this thread when I saw JC go ape-shit on Jack Swagger on RAW. He does have the potenial to "embrace the hate", but if he does and he does become heel, which the male members of the audience start cheering for him, because in my book, there's nothing better then a heel that you can really enjoy and like, LOL. Like Orton, or Punk when they turned face, but of course this is providing Cena doesn't turn back to face.

Main Thing to Read:

IF John Cena becomes a heel, can he win over the men in the audience?

Just to note, this isn't a discussion about how unlikely it is to happen because I'm sure we have a few threads for that knocking about already.

If Cena makes a fully fledged heel turn i believe he will win over a lot of the male audience. Clearly there will still be some who will continue to bash him and say he sucks but in general i think with a heel turn he'd be able to shift some of the haters into his own corner.

Bar a few great storylines where he's cut some superb promos e.g His promos against CM Punk, Cena has been rather stale for years. However, whether people like it or not he will no doubt be on top of WWE for a good 5 years to come, fact is he draws big money for the company. I think a heel turn would really re-vitalise him and make people interested in him once again. He's done everything possible as a face and it would be great to see what he could produce as a heel at this stage in his career with this level of notoriety. He certainly wouldn't be your run of the mill heel put it like that.

However the reality is, will WWE ever turn Cena into a full on heel? No. They wouldn't dare, it's to much of a risk for them.

What are these superb promos of which you speak? I haven't seen one since the time he first rebutted the Rock and then years before that one.

Cena needs an edge to him. That'd win people over. This "aww shucks" routine isn't gonna help anybody.

Here's my stance on Cena this month.

He's not bothering me, I don't switch the channel when he is there and I even like him to a certain extent and I am a male in his late 20's.

The last time I enjoyed Cen'a work was with Punk and that got me thinking. Cena is stale most of the time and uninteresting (to some of us), but what I realise is that when he get a good feud or storyline my complaint about him are taking a back seat to an interesting story.

I am not saying that we shouldn't blame Cena, but for a super-hero to be relevant he needs a nemesis that can match and threathen him. And since most of the male demographic are aware that winners are booked in wrestling we also need to think that Cena should really lose.

Anyway my take is that Cena needs a worthy opponnent (and an attitude change) more than a heel turn and that the WWE put themselves in a corner when they feed everyone to super Cena because right now no one is at his level (kind of like HHH back in the days when our last hope was RVD). But we could also say that if people were feed to Cena it's because they were not in his league either.

The product is lacking star power and it's apparent when even your top star is no match for the top star of the previous generation.

Edit: So in conslusion to not being seen as a spammer, if Cena had more worthy opponnent he may won some of the male demographic, give people a reason to cheer for the hero and they will.

Cena does not even need to turn HEEL.... the agression he pulled out against Jack Swagger could still be considered Tweener esque and Cena could continue to lean towards Face!
I have to say I Marked out and loved it when Cena was kicking the crap out of Swagger.... I enjoyed the emotion of it all.

Meh. I'd love to see a heel turn. It's been so long since he was a heel ive forgotten what he was like. He was great as a face. At first. But several years as a face has made him rather stale. This is why most of the male population older than 12 boo him. I agree with RD_21 that if u give him a worthy opponent then hed get cheered more. Like when he fueded with edge, randy orton, cm punk and even some of his promos against the rock are pretty good. You just gotta give him someone interesting to feud with. But really and truly until he becomes a full heel he'll never win back all those who now boo him.

I agree with RD_21, he does not need to turn heel, Cena just need something refreshing to the audience like an attitude change or probably a different gimmik, but if he ends up turning heel he should become something from the old Cena, like the doctor of thug a nomics, or even something from the OVW days, like the prototype John Cena, that character was good, he need something like that for people to start liking him or enjoy watching him, but at this moment, the feud he has with Kane is a step in the right direction, because, like a lot of people say, there are no wrestlers with star power such as Cena.......

Why should Cena try to turn people who hate him? He's made MILLIONS for himself and for WWE without them. He doesn't need the people who boo him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back