**MERGED** John Cena- Taking time off?

John either has a legit injury or they want us to believe that. John said "If I have to take a vacation, so be it". So John wants us to believe he is forced to take this vacation due to injury or he realy is forced deu to injury.
I don't believe the injury is legit, because I don't believe John will flat out anounce time off when he is realy injured. He's not a doctor. If he's realy injured, he wouldn't know how bad it is and how long it's going to take to heal. Anyways, he more than deserves this break. Respect for the man.
(excuus my poor English)

I don't wish an injury upon anyone but I am so sick of WWE not listening to its audience and forcing Cena's character down our throat it will be nice having something different as the main guy for a few months.

I swear Cena is turning into Hogan when he first went to WCW. Bishoff and Hogan heard the boos and turned Hogan heel which gave a dramatic fresh new coat of paint to Hogan's career. Here is to hoping Vince is smart enough to do the same.

This is it, now is the time for Alex Riley to start my idea of playing a Cena parody character that comes out in ball caps, different colored T-shirts and jorts. WWE can air vignettes of him spending time with the elderly and saluting the men and women in uniform at the Salvation Army. He mantra can be sloth, apathy and indifference.

The Cena void will be filled and they can make a new star. It's too genius not to work.

I hope he does take some time off and not show up a week later at ring side like last time :rolleyes:

With Brock, HHH, & Punk I think right now is the best time for Cena to take a break.. we don't really need him anymore. This is not 2009 or 2010 where all WWE had was Cena.

Good for Cena, he's earned the time off. He's been an absolute machine, wrestling non-stop since his return from his last injury -- a herniated disk, I believe -- in November of 2008. For someone in Cena's position, that makes as many appearances, and goes through such tasking physical work -- this type of thing is unheard of. It's amazing that he hasn't hurt himself (or further hurt himself) with never taking any time off, and it's high time Cena kicked back and let his body heal, though I'm sure he'll still be making appearances for certain WWE fixtures, or maybe even filming a movie.

Cena's void will be hard to fill, but it's completely possible. CM Punk has had a huge emergence over the last 10 months, so it's definitely his time to step up and prove he can carry the show by himself. Although, Punk won't really be doing all the work on his own. Brock Lesnar is still a huge name and, as we saw on the Extreme Rules PPV, Triple H is going to be making an appearance tonight, which I'm assuming will be the first of many during Cena's (apparent) absence. The WWE won't struggle without Cena, but I think they'll definitely find out who's ready for a significant bump up the card. This is a great time for some guys to really step it up, and I can only hope they realize this and work their asses off.

It'll be interesting to see how Cena's absence plays out, or even how they choose to write him off. WWE has been hyping up an injury on their website ever since his match with Lesnar last night, but they could just as easily have Lesnar attack him tonight to solidify Cena's absence. Either way, I know I'll miss Cena's absence, and I'm sure it'll be noticeable -- though I don't think WWE will struggle with ratings, sales, or anything like that. They have plenty of talent who can work together as a unit to make this work, plus, WWE has been on an absolute roll lately, so that'll help them too.

Apparently on wwe.com they are stating that there was no permanent damage done to Cena last night. I think Brock will fix that tonight, writing Cena off for a much-deserved vacation, and solidifying Brock as a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back