Hell In A Cell 2014 General Discussion & Aftermath

What will be the Hell in a Cell main event?

• John Cena vs. Triple H

• Roman Reigns vs. Triple H

• Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H

• John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

• John Cena vs. Randy Orton

• John Cena vs. Roman Reigns

• Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

• Ambrose, Reigns & Cena vs. Orton, Kane & Rollins

• John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

• John Cena vs. Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
The fuck is all this "Brock isn't scheduled to be at Hell in a Cell". For the love of whatever you believe in, STOP BELIEVING THE DIRTSHEETS!! They are WRONG. They are always wrong. They have never been right. Not once. Not ever. Not even a little bit. It's garbage. The people who make their living do that are lucky there isn't much of a market for pro wrestling journalists.

That said, Cena/Lesnar seems most logical and the best idea. 2 cell matches with Rollins/Ambrose and Cena/Lesnar are what I want to see.

Without Brock or Heyman at the past Raw it's tough to say what the main event will be. Based on the events of Night of Champions it seems logical that were looking at a co main event with both matches being HIAC matches between Lesnar/Cena and Rollins/Ambrose. From there you can build the rest of the card with maybe a Rusev/Show match to further build Rusev up maybe on his way to beating Sheamus for the US title. Sheamus could than take on a Bray Wyatt for the US Title to give Bray something to do because he is in a funny place right now. It also seems like we are in line for 2 divas matches with Brie/Nikki and AJ/Paige. That makes 6 matches so we are probably looking at one more match on the card. For that match I think WWE has a good opportunity to balance out there face to heel ratio and have Orton turn face and break away from the authority setting up a Orton/Kane match.

My Hell in a Cell Prediction:

Hell in a Cell Matches:

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs John Cena

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose

US Title Match: Sheamus (c) vs Bray Wyatt

Rusev vs Big Show

Divas Title Match: AJ (c) vs Paige

Brie vs Nikki

Randy Orton vs Kane

main event: ambrose vs rollins
john cena vs kane(a jobbing heel who needs to put cena over coz of his losses)
sheamus vs bray wyatt
rusev vs big show
dolph ziggler vs cesaro
paul heyman promo
dust brothers vs usos

I've posted this before, but here again.

Open with a tag title match. Doesn't matter who, at this point every team except the Wyatts are bland as shit.

Mid card feuds will be ziggler and miz in a rubber match. There will be some more creative with Damien Mizdow and R-Ziggler that will make it worth watching.

Sheamus and Cesaro will fight...maybe against each other, maybe against other people.

The divas will fight. Aj, Paige, Nicki, brie. Some combination of that, no title change.

Rusev will squash Big Show and still not a single person will give a shit about either person.

Looks like there might be an NXT match, Tyson Kids v. Adrien Neville seems good enough.

Then we will have the cell match between Ambrose and Rollins. Ambrose get a clean win, after a bunch of crazy spots that will make me cringe probably.

Cena v. Lesnar in an LMS, FCA, or I Quit match. Rollins interferes and blindsides Lesnar. Cena wins, Rollins cashes in, Rollins leaves as the champ.

As I said before Brock is not suppose to be at HIAC so you could have a triple threat match Seth vs. Dean vs. John. In the next couple of weeks make Dean and John get on each others nerves so you won't have a 2 on 1 in the triple threat match. You could also have a tag match Dean and John vs. Seth and Kane. Put in Rusev vs. Big Show, Dolph vs. Cesaro, Sheamus vs. Bray and of course Dust Brothers vs. The Usos.
If Brock is there go with Brock vs. John, Seth vs. Dean, Randy vs. Kane, Rusev vs. Big Show, Dolph vs. Cesaro, Sheamus vs. Bray, and Dust Brothers vs. Usos.

A second Raw has come and gone now since Night of Champions and we don't have any real idea of what will go down at Hell in a Cell. I think this is because the WWE really have no idea of what to do at that event. Cena is now interjected in this Rollins/Ambrose feud so I guess a triple threat cage match is a possibility. Maybe even for a title shot against Brock at Survivor Series. But if Brock is gone until the Rumble than HIAC will probably act as a filler event to set the stage for the main event at Survivor Series. Maybe something like Rollins/Orton/Kane/Triple H vs Ambrose/Cena..... who knows who else would team with them. Maybe Show and Henry.

Apparently the rumor on Wrestlezone is that the planned matches will be John Cena vs Dean Ambrose in the opening match and whoever wins that will get Seth Rollins inside the Cell while the loser gets Randy Orton.

I can see positives and negatives for this. One, why do we need Cena in this feud? This should be all about Ambrose vs Rollins and them blowing it off in the Cell. It makes sense from a storyline perspective, but it wasn't needed. Two, whoever wins the match gets Rollins inside the Cell. That's all fine and dandy and I don't see Cena winning over Ambrose, but what if it is a double pin and a triple threat? I know the end objective is to see Rollins get beaten within an inch of his life, but at the hands of both Ambrose AND Cena?

It's been Ambrose for months on end and because of an attempted cash in Cena is bloodthirsty for revenge? It makes Cena look stupid like he didn't know it would be coming at some point. I have faith that Ambrose would go over Cena and then face Rollins in the Cell, but Orton vs Cena in the Cell again? Really?

I know a lot of complaining, but I just hoped this would be an easy uncomplicated ride to Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins in the Cell.

Cena's involvement in this is going to kill Ambrose's momentum. I don't see any way this storyline gets resolved that protects Cena and also gives Ambrose his continued push.

If they go with that scenario, no way Cena loses. And I don't see what the payoff is for Ambrose to face Orton.

This is one case where not having Lesnar at a PPV hurts the overall product. There is no one else in the main event scene for Cena to go up against.

I'm as big of a Cena mark as anyone else. But there's no chemistry between him and the way Ambrose and Rollins fight.

I keep hearing stuff about Brock Lesnar not working this event. So much of WWE's business strategy is dependent upon the success of the WWE Network. I haven't paid attention to the number of subscribers lately, but if they haven't reached their goal of 1 million yet, keeping the World Heavyweight Champion off of a pay per view event is an extremely bad idea. Although I actually subscribe and I love the old stuff, the main selling point of the network is the PPVs and putting the belt on Lesnar was a good idea, in my view, because he is one of the few current wrestlers who is widely recognizable beyond the scope of professional wrestling fans. However, the point of having him as champion at this point should be his ability to bring viewers to RAW and either sell a PPV or a network subcription. Is Lesnar misses most of the RAWs and then does not show up at all the PPVs, there really is no point in having him as champion. Having Lesnar hold the title as an unbeatable monster so he can eventually put over a younger talent is more of a gamble.

Not being on RAW is borderline, but not defending at every pay per view is a terrible business decision. Regardless of how much they have to pay Lesnar to perform and in a situation like this, they need to pay it.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is going down a road for Hell in a Cell that sounds kinda interesting.

According to a report from last night, there's talk of ultimately doing two HIAC matches this year. The whole thing would start earlier in the night with a match between Cena and Ambrose to determine which of them gets his hands on Seth Rollins first. The winner of that match faces Rollins inside the Cell while the loser goes up against Randy Orton in a Cell match.

IF this is the road WWE goes, then it's pretty clear that Brock Lesnar won't be defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the HIAC ppv. Barring a wrestler suffering from injury, this would be the first time I can recall in which the WWE Championship wasn't defended at a ppv when the champion is healthy.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is going down a road for Hell in a Cell that sounds kinda interesting.

According to a report from last night, there's talk of ultimately doing two HIAC matches this year. The whole thing would start earlier in the night with a match between Cena and Ambrose to determine which of them gets his hands on Seth Rollins first. The winner of that match faces Rollins inside the Cell while the loser goes up against Randy Orton in a Cell match.

Ehh, I guess this would be better than a 3-way or 4-way with Cena and Orton thrown in. Although I hate the fact that Cena had to be thrown into this storyline just to keep him relevant. I really can't see Ambrose beating Cena, despite everyone wanting Ambrose against Rollins. Cena/Rollins does nothing for me.

Orton has been such a non factor for so long, I'm not sure Ambrose beating him (which should happen) is much of a consolation prize.

Ambrose will involve himself somehow if it's Cena/Rollins, whether he ruins Rollins' chance to win or causes some other wacky ending like Rollins did at NOC. Cena won't win clean as it derails Rollins' momentum.

I don't think creative is smart enough to paint themselves out of the corner they put themselves into by not having Lesnar be on the PPV. Nor do I think they ever truly had a backup plan after Reigns' surgery was announced.

You can see Vince's fingerprints all over Cena being thrown into this.

Ehh, I guess this would be better than a 3-way or 4-way with Cena and Orton thrown in. Although I hate the fact that Cena had to be thrown into this storyline just to keep him relevant. I really can't see Ambrose beating Cena, despite everyone wanting Ambrose against Rollins. Cena/Rollins does nothing for me.

Orton has been such a non factor for so long, I'm not sure Ambrose beating him (which should happen) is much of a consolation prize.

Ambrose will involve himself somehow if it's Cena/Rollins, whether he ruins Rollins' chance to win or causes some other wacky ending like Rollins did at NOC. Cena won't win clean as it derails Rollins' momentum.

I don't think creative is smart enough to paint themselves out of the corner they put themselves into by not having Lesnar be on the PPV. Nor do I think they ever truly had a backup plan after Reigns' surgery was announced.

You can see Vince's fingerprints all over Cena being thrown into this.

I mean I know the majority of people on here hate Cena hut do you honestly think he will beat Ambrose when almost nothing is gained from an Ambrose/Orton and Cena/Rollins match? Every father and their child knows that Ambrose/Rollins at HIAC is a no brainer, whether you like what they do or not, I simply don't think they are that stupid to pass up on that.

As of this point, it appears it will be Dean Ambrose VS. Seth Rollins inside the Hell In A Cell, or it will be a Dean Ambrose VS. John Cena VS. Seth Rollins Triple Threat Hell In A Cell Match.

After seeing the end of Raw i think we might see a Handicap Hell in the Cell Match with Rollins Kane and Orton vs Cena and Ambrose. Ambrose and Cena seemed to have aligned these past few weeks and have a common enemy with Rollins and The Authority. It's a way to get Orton and Cena on the card and in the main event. I think this match would be chaotic and would be a lot of fun to watch in the Cell. I think they can hold off on having Rollins vs Ambrose one on one for another month and they can have a No DQ match at Survivor Series.

After seeing the end of Raw i think we might see a Handicap Hell in the Cell Match with Rollins Kane and Orton vs Cena and Ambrose. Ambrose and Cena seemed to have aligned these past few weeks and have a common enemy with Rollins and The Authority. It's a way to get Orton and Cena on the card and in the main event. I think this match would be chaotic and would be a lot of fun to watch in the Cell. I think they can hold off on having Rollins vs Ambrose one on one for another month and they can have a No DQ match at Survivor Series.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, I sincerely hope they don't go down this route. Getting ruddy sick and tired of seeing these five together in the ring, especially Kane.

The Ambrose/Rollins feud is the best thing going right now, and to interject Cena, Orton and Kane into it just to keep all three relevant is bothersome. I mean shit is there nobody else on the roster that Cena and Orton can feud against. I've already given my opinion on Kane. We all know this match will be Kane and Orton keeping Ambrose and Cena away from Rollins.

With the injuries to Reigns and Bryan, having what basically amounts to your whole main event involved in one match, I won't include Lesnar because he'll be sitting at home watching it, is lazy booking. I'm beginning to give up all hope on creative finding a way to entertain us. The only thing that would save this match is for Rollins to accidentally try to take out someone and get Orton by mistake, and Orton turns on him. That would be interesting because now the heels would be outnumbered.

It's already been announced that the main event will feature either John Cena or Dean Ambrose facing Seth Rollins inside the Cell, depending upon who wins the Cena vs. Ambrose match set to take place earlier in the night.

Based on what we've been seeing between Ziggler & Cesaro the past couple of weeks, I'd say it's likely that we'll see a one on one bout between them at HIAC for the Intercontinental Championship. If so, then the match is a potential show stealer as they're two of the top in-ring guys in the company. I like both guys and while I'd personally prefer for Cesaro to win, I think the title should stay on Dolph. Some stability is needed for the strap and what we've seen the past 6 weeks or so is Ziggler & Miz trade the title back and forth. I'm hoping that's come to an end with Ziggler or Cesaro, whomever comes out as champ.

Given that Miz went over Sheamus last night in what was almost a totally clean win, it's likely we'll see Miz face Sheamus for the United States Championship at HIAC. If this goes down, I see Sheamus retaining.

My first thought was that Ambrose and Cena have to win the HIAC matches. But the more I think about it, the more I can see the Authority (ie Kane). I think we see both Orton and Rollins get tainted wins to set up the main event for Survivor Series.

I can see the fallout of HIAC leading to a 4 on 4 Survivor Series match featuring The Authority (Orton, Rollins, Kane and Triple H) taking on a team lead by Cena and Ambrose. There are a lot of potential combos that the face team can have.

If WWE knew they would be back in time then we could get either Reigns, Bryan or both
Maybe Batista could be brought back to continue his split from The Authority
Maybe it could be stretched to a 5 on 5 with Rusev being added to the Authority and Rock going the face team with any 2 of the aforementioned 3 or if none of them are available than Show and Henry.

There's little doubt in my mind that this is what happens:

Ambrose beats Rollins clean.

Orton beats Cena

Either that night or the next night on Raw, Orton either beats Lesner or is awarded the title due to vacancy.

Rollins immediately cashes in MIB, with the help of The Authority, Rollins wins and Orton is stomped out of The Authority. Maybe "fired."

Regardless, Orton takes a break, returns as a face or heel, depending on what they need at the time.

My question about tonight is, who will Bray Wyatt start a feud with? Think we'll someone on the end of sister Abigail tonight, have a sneaking suspicion it could be Dean Ambrose, Ambrose about to win lights out and Bray appears in the ring to screw him.

Almost certain Bray will attack someone tonight.

And according to Meltzer, Ryback has been flown in for tonight's show. He is also reporting that there are rumours circulating that Orton might have an injury. The match is a go, but Meltzer said, look for a short match.

Apparently he re-aggravated a previous back injury on the RAW main event last week. He's not on the internal injury list, but it doesn't mean he isn't hurt.

HIAc was a big letdown of a ppv. None of the matches delivered. Waste of time and money.

How wwe has fallen smh

Couldn't disagree with you more. Loved the openinig match between Ziggler and Cesaro. They were able to keep that match between 15-20 minutes of non stop action. Also love that they let the winner win 2-0 and not have it go to the last fall which is typical was a nice twist.

All other matches on the under card did what I felt they should have with the exception of the Rusev/Show match. I felt like the build for that match warranted something more than what we got.

Then I felt the two cage matches both hit. The RKO out of the AA spot alone made the Cena/Orton match and I really liked all aspects of the Rollins/Ambrose match including the re-debut of Bray.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Loved the openinig match between Ziggler and Cesaro. They were able to keep that match between 15-20 minutes of non stop action. Also love that they let the winner win 2-0 and not have it go to the last fall which is typical was a nice twist.

All other matches on the under card did what I felt they should have with the exception of the Rusev/Show match. I felt like the build for that match warranted something more than what we got.

Then I felt the two cage matches both hit. The RKO out of the AA spot alone made the Cena/Orton match and I really liked all aspects of the Rollins/Ambrose match including the re-debut of Bray.

I generally agree. I enjoyed last night's show MUCH more than I was expected. They even managed to deliver a couple of surprises, some minor some not so minor. For instance, I expected Ziggler to lose last night and I certainly didn't expect him to win 2 straight falls. Now we can only hope that WWE's done jobbing him out in non-title matches. I gave that match 3.5 stars and I was surprised that it was only about 14 minutes or so. Would've been epic if they'd have gotten another 20 minutes.

The WWE Tag Team Championship match was another solid outing, though I did feel less interested because we've seen so much from these teams before. Still, I thought it was a fun match and I thought it was about 2.75 stars.

Brie vs. Nikki was a surprise, a pleasant one. I'd have to say it was the best I've ever seen them look. Brie worked her ass off in the match and while Nikki isn't as strong in the ring, she's world's away from what she once was. There were parts in the match where I felt Brie would win, namely when she kicked out Nikki's finisher. I thought it was a good 2.75 star bout. Might be a little too high in some people's opinions, but I thought they put forth a strong effort that told a decent story.

I was very happy when I saw that Cena vs. Orton wouldn't be closing the show and while I wasn't all that excited for this match, it was still a great one. For all the complaints about how tired we are of seeing Cena vs. Orton, justifiably in my opinion, you have to admit that they knock it out of the park almost every single time. Some great near falls, though I do think this match didn't make good enough use of the HIAC structure itself. Cena coming out as the winner was no big surprise, though it was probably the right one as I just don't see a lot of money in Orton vs. Lesnar. I gave the match 3.75 stars.

Sheamus vs. Miz went about how I figured it would. It was an okay match, but it wasn't a great one. Mizdow's antics were hilarious in my opinion, especially the post match stuff. Sheamus retained, so I figured it was about 2.25 stars.

The Big Show vs. Rusev, in all honesty, I thought it was pretty solid. I wasn't expecting a classic, but I got more than what I was expecting. Decent storytelling and I thought both big men worked hard. The surprise I was expecting here was Mark Henry turning heel and costing Big Show the match, but it didn't happen. Instead, Rusev scores a clean submission win via the Accolade. I thought it was a 2.5-2.75 star match.

AJ vs. Paige was the best match they've had of their series. This whole feud had such potential, but Vince either has no idea how to book a women's feud without the women being "crazy" or the typical "female problems" or he just has no interest in it. Still, a strong effort from the ladies. I gave it 3 stars.

Ambrose vs. Rollins was a great, wild brawl that featured some great spots. Ambrose looked like a genuine star last night and had the fans eating out of the palm of his hand. For a match like HIAC, I have to agree that a little blood is the only think that was missing here. Both men worked hard and delivered a stronf 4+ star bout. Bray Wyatt popping up the way he did kinda irked me just a little, because people ain't supposed to be able to get inside the Cell. People interfering from the outside negates the effectiveness and part of the purpose of a steel cage, it's just a pet peeve of mine, but it was nice to see him back.

All in all, I thought HIAC did what most of the best WWE shows this year have done: the matches that we expected to deliver did so with solid to strong undercard matches that delivered more than I was expecting. I thought the Dallas crowd was also a strong one last night in the sense that they were there to be entertained. I dunno if there just weren't a ton of smarks last night or if they themselves were in the mood to just enjoy themselves, but there were no "boring" chants or cat calls or any of the usual bullshit for matches they're just not into.

I actually thought WWE HITC was better than Night of Champions by a mile. I enjoyed it. I just wish Orton would have gotten the win.
The ending of the Ambrose/Rollins match was kind off odd, but I look forward to the feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back