Main Event Stars Not On Raw Tomorrow

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A story on the WZ main page yesterday stated that neither John Cena or Brock Lesnar will be at tomorrow night's episode of Raw. Lesnar not being there isn't all that surprising and Cena will be back on the set to shoot more scenes for the movie he's appearing in. Next Monday's Raw is the go home show to SummerSlam and it seems that the hype for this match is being stretched a little thin.

However, at the same time, I agree with the statement on the main page that it appears WWE is essentially counting on this bout to sell itself. In all honesty, Vince is probably right about that. Aside from the interaction with Heyman & Cena this past Monday, the other big piece of hype will probably be a face to face confrontation between Cena & Lesnar at the go home Raw. Given such a relatively small amount of hype, who the wrestlers are and that it's happening at one of the original Big Four ppv events, this match needs to be strong and it needs to have a decisively strong finish. The best way of keeping people interested in what happens next, when you take everything into consideration, is to have Lesnar win the title, win it clean and win it decisively. While it seems likely that Lesnar will drop the title to someone else at Night of Champions, we don't know that for an absolute fact by any stretch. It seems likely based on how his deal is structured but some other arrangement could have already been discussed and worked out for all we know.

It's a rematch, I don't think it'll sell itself at all. It'll be a draw but I think it will need a lot more to because the success WWE hope it will be.

There's been no significant build for the match. It is just kind of happening. It isn't like McMahon/Bella is going to pick up the slack.

it appears WWE is essentially counting on this bout to sell itself. In all honesty, Vince is probably right about that.

Which is a bit disappointing I feel; just because it's more or less guaranteed to do so doesn't mean they should just rest on their laurels and not put anything into a build.

"Oh it will make money so who cares if it's rubbish" is just a bit pants, isn't it?

However, at the same time, I agree with the statement on the main page that it appears WWE is essentially counting on this bout to sell itself.

Which begs the question: How excited are WWE fans about Brock Lesnar? I admit to being half disdainful of him since his "return" to the company a few years ago since he's plainly a mercenary who apparently has almost nothing to do with the traveling troupe of performers who toil day in & day out for their livings. I doubt he even hangs out with them during his sporadic appearances. Yet, many fans think he's the greatest thing to happen to WWE. Is he?

Still, management gives him the ultimate honor of being the guy to end the greatest streak in pro wrestling.....and now it appears he's ready to win the world title from WWE's #1 performer.....and, in effect, have Paul Heyman "defend" it for him while Brock does his own thing in the coming months, having little or nothing to do with WWE. Bully for him, I suppose.

Still, without the two main event participants to show up and give us the reasons we should be flocking to see this match less than a week before it occurs, we're left with the reputation of Brock Lesnar to sell it. Will that be enough?

John Cena, we already know......but we don't see enough of Brock to negate the importance of an appearance by him to sell the PPV match. Sure, the Network subscribers have already bought it and will be on hand whether Brock turns up on Raw or not, but I think it would be a good idea for him to show up Monday and knock the shit out of someone to make folks open their wallets.

Yes, yes, yes....we already know who Brock is and what he's capable of; that's not the point. But having neither guy in the main event of the PPV show up on TV in the last show before the event might not bode well for it's success, in terms of reaching those who don't subscribe to the Network.

We'll talk the day after Summerslam.

They might not be on the 4th August show, but they should be likely to be on the 11th August show right? I agree that there hasn't been that much hype built up for this match at all, and them not even being on the show tomorrow doesn't help though... but maybe there will be enough by next week to do so. Perhaps have Cena come out at this/next week's SmackDown and generate some hype with Paul Heyman.

Unfortunately I think the sentiment that the match will sell itself is right, Cena and Lesnar are huge names for those that are even fair-weather wrestling fans.

The good news is it means tomorrow's show can be used to give some time to the Reigns/Orton, Rollins/Ambrose, and Wyatt/Jericho feuds, which are all pretty big themselves.

Wait am I missing something we are in the 3rd and SummerSlam is on the 17th. So wouldn't the Raw on the 11th be the go-home show? Inb4 I look stupid or something.

If I dont look stupid and I'm right ( I have an enormous cold so I can't think straight anyway ) they still have time for a face-2-face. There isnt much build-up to be done. They already had the big promo between Heyman and Cena and Heyman did an already great promo beforehand so what's there really left to do? A face-2-face that's all.

Even if it is a rematch it happened long ago enough and happened fast that people dont really feel like it happened recently, especially now that it's for the title. I think the match does sell itselfs. I'm guessing they are doing more than enough promotional work for it anyway. Plus Cena missing gives more time for talents that are misused to maybe get some more air time. Like Slater Gator baby! ( am I the only fan ? ) and more importantly fucking Woods/Kofi/Big E alliance, where are they? And what the fuck are they doing with Goldust and Stardust.

I think there would have to be a tiny bit more added in this build up but I agree that the match will sell itself. It's the one in the 1 in 21-1 vs the only man that's beaten him since his return and, well, WWE's top superstar. Why wouldn't this sell? I have several friends that don't watch WWE anymore and have said they'll order the PPV after they heard the main event is Brock Lesnar vs John Cena. Sure, it's a rematch but it's Lesnar's first match since conqeuring The Streak and it's for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam.

Remember those 6 weeks from Elimination Chamber last year up until WrestleMania 29? The Rock wasn't even there for all of those weeks to build up the main event of the show yet it stands as the top-grossing PPV of all time. However, there was the Q&A with the WWE legends prior to the match and a few Rock-Cena promos. All we've had so far is the match's announcement and a Cena-Heyman promo. For next week on RAW there should be a confrontation between the two building up to the match. Heyman and Cena are masters on the mic and can sell the match to a lot of people there and then, as can the meeting of Brock Lesnar and John Cena for the first time after Cena beat him two years prior.

This time out,Cena or Brock dont need to show.. Only a handful number of times,does neither performer need to show and the match will indeed sell itself.. Brock is only around at Royal Rumble,WM,Summerslam,maybe throw in NOC or Survivor Series thats it..

But he is the one to put the 1 in the 21-1.. Why him above all others?? Brock sells,he puts asses in seats.. IN the end,thats all that matters in business.. I would like to see Brock appear on the Raw before Summerslam and knock the shit out of Zack Ryder or Hornswoggle! Folks are going to open their wallets anyway and see Summerslam..

For those who dont subscribe to the network they soon will after Brock destroys Cena at Summerslam. Its the perfect plan,get those who will re-subscribe for another six months or get new subscribers to see the rumored Re-match at NOC!

As far as being excited for Brock?? He is a monster the most athletic big guy IMO ever to wrestle for the WWE.. He is once in a lifetime performer! He never overstays his welcome,he is honest (Is only in it for the Dollars)doesnt pretend to be something he isnt. In the end,you gotta respect that

All it needs this week is a quick "Ladies and gentleman", followed by the usual Paul Heyman promo bingo of "my client", "the 1 in 21-1", "conquer John Cena", and so on. Next week on Raw we have a contract signing and stare down to close the show, and we're all ready for Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back