*Merged* Edge and the WWE Hall of Fame Discussion

Will Edge make the Hall of Fame?

• Yes next year or the year after that

• Yes but not for a while

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RendarSelin

The Cheesehead in Ohio
Adam Copeland (Edge) retired on Monday Night RAW. Edge has accomplished much in the WWE throughout his tenure in the company. His championships and accomplishments are what up and coming wrestlers dream of achieving:

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Copeland)

World Heavyweight Championship (7 times)
World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
WWE Championship (4 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
WCW United States Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
King of the Ring (2001)
Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
Royal Rumble (2010)

Throughout the years, Edge has had memorable feuds with many, including his many feuds with the Dudley Boys and the Hardy Boyz along with Christian, Kurt Angle (including the hair-vs-hair match and being the one to start the memorable "You Suck!" chant during Angle's entrance), Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Kane, Matt Hardy, Undertaker, and many more. He is often referred to as the master of the TLC Match, and helped revitalize Tag Team wrestling in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Whether he was reeking of awesomeness, the Rated R Superstar, or the Ultimate Opportunist, Edge has given the fans many memories in the last decade. Edge's resume and memorable feuds will easily guarantee him a place in the WWE Hall of Fame.

My question is, when will Edge see himself inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame? Will he be leading the Class of 2012 or joining the class? Will it be a few years before we see Edge's acceptance speech the night before WrestleMania? Or will his spot be rushed to cash in as quickly as possible on the fans' memories?

I believe Edge will be inducted into the Hall of Fame relatively quickly, maybe not in 2012 (which should be headlined by The Rock). I personally would wait to induct Edge into the Hall of Fame until the next time Toronto hosts WrestleMania (which would be a great location for WrestleMania 29). This way, Edge can enjoy his final moment in the WWE spotlight in his hometown, where his dream of entertaining the fans began.

Of course he will. Lol how could you ask such a stupid question? The man did everything that could be done in WWE (except beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania). He might not be inducted next year, but of course he will be inducted. The only reason for him not being inducted would be him not wanting too, being a convicted pedophile or pulling a chris benoit. So its a sure bet that he will be inducted in the hall of fame.

Oups sorry misread the title of this thread, but you get the idea of my statement. It doesn matter when he will be inducted, he is guaranteed to be inducted.

Well I wasn't really asking IF he would be, that's more or less a sure shot. Was just curious as to how soon this would occur or how long this would take. Based on previous inductions occuring relatively soon to the wrestler's retirement date (ie: Ric Flair inducted the day before retirement, Shawn Michaels inducted one year after his retirement). I was just curious as to when the wrestlezone forum readers believed we would see Edge inducted.

Well I wasn't really asking IF he would be, that's more or less a sure shot. Was just curious as to how soon this would occur or how long this would take. Based on previous inductions occuring relatively soon to the wrestler's retirement date (ie: Ric Flair inducted the day before retirement, Shawn Michaels inducted one year after his retirement). I was just curious as to when the wrestlezone forum readers believed we would see Edge inducted.

and like i said in my last sentence, i misread the title of the Thread. Now on to topic, if its not next year you can bet that he will be inducted after that so give it two years top and he is inducted for sure unless he doesnt want to, being a convicted pedophile or pulling a christ benoit.

I'm going to say that Edge will lead the class of 2013. He won't be inducted next year, but the year after he would be a good candidate to lead the class of that year. He will be in it within the next 5 years, no doubt once so ever.

I think he'll be inducted into the Hall Of Fame within the next 5 years,3 years if they run out of legends.I see The Rock's name being tossed around for next year's HOF,so it's unlikely that Edge would be inducted next year.I think Edge is going to stick around on WWE TV for a bit longer too,so that would delay his nomination for the HOF.I think 2013 may be when he gets in the HOF.

To be honest, I see Edge in 2013 in Toronto. I also see Edge sticking around the company in SOME CAPACITY. His contract is not up and I think leaving the business all together so suddenly is not what he wants to do (Disclaimer: I'm not a psychic. This is what I think based on his recent interviews) so I think he'll be an agent or a color commentator possibly. I'd hope he's an agent because a veteran like Edge has ALOT to bring to the table in bringing up new talent especially with his retirement.

I want him to be inducted for next year but I do think that The Rock will be selected for 2012. He should therefore go for 2013 then. I am 100% sure he will be in the HOF in the next 3 to 5 years for sure. One of the most entertaining superstars in WWE history for sure!

I believe Edge is a headline HOF act. The Rock is next year. That's got to be a lock.

I assume 29 is going to either Edge or Savage and I've always had a feeling WrestleMania 30 would go to Foley, being in New York.

I believe Edge is a headline HOF act. The Rock is next year. That's got to be a lock.

I assume 29 is going to either Edge or Savage and I've always had a feeling WrestleMania 30 would go to Foley, being in New York.

I guess that depending on where Wrestlemania 29 takes place it really goes to show whether Edge will headline or not.

While it's unfortunate his career got cut short due to injury, I find it refreshing to see a wrestler step aside at the top of his career. I know he said he didnt really have a choice, but there have been other wrestlers in that same position where they were told not to wrestle again and yet they continued to do so. So good on Edge for leaving at the top of his game in the prime of his life. Better to leave one match too early, then one match too late.

As a few other people have already said, whenever Wrestlemania is next in Toronto, would be a great time for the HOF. Could be Mania 29, definitely wont be 30 as that will undoubtedly be at MSG.

I still think after a few months he'll return in some capacity. Sort of like Shawn Micheals did after he was forced to retire back in 1998. Shawn played the "commisioner" role. Who knows, maybe Edge could be the new GM. Pretty ironic seeing as how he hated that damn computer so much. LOL

I've heard rumors that WWE plans on having a WrestleMania take place in Canada in the not-too-distant future. It makes sense that his induction would be at the same time.

However, I could see it happening the same year he retires. He's under-appreciated in terms of how much he's actually done in his career. Not to mention, aside from the Matt Hardy situation, you don't hear a bad word about that guy.

Brilliant career.

Edge is GUARAN-DAMN-TEED to be in the HOF. I see WM going back to Toronto and Edge Being Inducted @ Home. Definitely Class of 2013 Material, and only because I see Rock leading next years class.

It'll either be WM 29 or 30. The reason I say this is they only have one headliner year. Rock is 100% guarenteed (unless he does something really stupid) at 'mania 28 and they'll save edge for a seperate HOF class. I cant see them waiting around to induct Him.

If Wrestlemania 29 is held in Toronto-or somewhere else in Canada for that matter- It will definately be Edges year.

Edge one of my faces has been since he was in the brood ....he is amazing in the ring and has done all the accomplishments listed without being built like a brick shithouse....he definitely needs to go at 29 in toronto hopefully ....give rock 28 give foiley 30...and way it looks I see taker or trips the following two yrs after that....and dammit macho man should already be in there

I know Edge said in an interview that he was hoping to make it to WM in his home town of Toronto and retire on that night. That's too bad that it won't transpire. It would have been a great moment and I think that's what he was going for.

Incredible career though. As he stated in his speech on Raw he's won more championships than any other wrestler. Hell of an accomplishment. :worship: Always won an Edge fan. Was my favorite wrestler.

I'm still shocked by his announcement that he was retiring tonight. For once something happened on WWE that I never saw coming. He was pretty much my favorite active wrestler so it was a real bummer for me to learn that I won't have opportunity to see him wrestle anymore. I've heard the WWE announcers refer to him as a future hall of famer before but I would have never thought that that future would come this soon. I'm ever hopeful that just like Shawn Michaels before him, that someday down the road he may heal and return from career ending injury. I at least hope hope he still plays a role in WWE in some capacity. I guess it would be fitting for him to be inducted into the Hall of Fame when Wrestlemania is in Toronto but if I end up attending next years Wrestlemania in Miami like I'm planning I hope he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame then so I get to see it.

Yes Edge is a given for the HOF.. but NOT next year, let that go to The Rock, and keep Edge for when Mania goes back to TO and have him (Edge) as the headliner.

not next year not the year after either but in 3 years from now he will be.

Edge is one of the all time best for sure and I am proud that I have seen his whole career.

when I was young my first WWF magazine subscription the first issue I got had a whole article about future WWF stars it showed the likes of Adam Copeland, Shawn Morley and Tiger Ali Sighn.

who later became Edge,Val Venis and the loser who paid people to do stupid stuff.

the point is I seen Edge acomplish everything listed as it happened so yessssssss he will he a hall of fame entrant and will be sooner than later but not next year

Edge is not only worthy of a Hall of Fame induction he is worthy of headlining his own class. Many believe that Rock is a lock for next year and that will probably be the case considering he will be headlining Mania in a match at it is in Miami, FL. With that I believe that Wrestlemania will once again return to Canada come WM29 and that is when Edge will get his rightful place in the Hall of Fame. It makes sense to put the hometown kid in and a son of Toronto himself. No matter when or where Edge gets inducted it will be a great, emotional moment. Edge's passion alone will make it truly something great and behind Savage he is the guy I most look forward to seeing his induction into the Hall.

Edge deserves the HOF at Mania 28 but it wont happen because of The Rock and it being his home town. But for sure Edge gets in at Mania 29 or 31 at Toronto Sky Dome. Mania 30 will be at MSG and the head of that HOF class will be ( The Brooklyn Brawler ) just kidding Mania 30 is all about the game HHH. But getting back to Edge it seems like it was yesterday that he was coming in the ring via the crowd. I hope when he leaves at SD it will be via the crowd.

As we all know on RAW Adam "Edge" Copeland announced he will be retiring.After 13 years of wowing us,winning every title in WWE,and other things will Edge make it into the Hall of Fame?

edge1.jpg

Here is all the achievements Edge has earned in his 19 year wrestling career straight from wikipedia.

Insane Championship Wrestling
ICW Street Fight Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Christian Cage

New Tokyo Pro Wrestling
NTPW Pro Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Christian Cage

Southern States Wrestling
SSW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Christian Cage

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
World Heavyweight Championship (7 times)
World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
WWE Championship (4 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
WCW United States Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
King of the Ring (2001)
Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
Royal Rumble (2010)
Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) – with Vickie Guerrero
Slammy Award for "Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year (2010) Destroying the Anonymous GM's computer

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Match of the Year (2002) with Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, for the WWE Tag Team Championship, No Mercy, October 20
Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Christian
Worst Feud of the Year (2010) vs. Kane
Worst Worked Match of the Year (2008) vs. Vladimir Kozlov and Triple H at Survivor Series

I think Edge's arrival into the HoF is inevitable.Edge has done it all and excited fans for all his career.His had feuds with everyone and done what only one other man(Kurt Angle) has done in WWE and thats win all the titles. I honestly thought ADR would win at WM27 as everything was heading that way.But when Edge retained I knew something was up..I didnt know this would be it :(

Thank You Edge For everything you've done.

Yes without a doubt Edge will be in the HOF. I dont think it will be next year I think at WM 29 they should do it in Toronto The SkyDome(I Think thats place correct me if I'm wrong). Christian will induct him without a doubt. The only postive I see coming out of Edge's untimely retierment is Christian will finally get his time in the spot light and win the big one. hopefully at Extreme Rules Christian vs. ADR Ladder Match for the WHC Christian wins and Extreme Rules goes off the air with Edge and Christian in the ring celebrating(hopefully with a 1 last 5sec. Pose) Sorry for going off topic but Yes WM29 in Toronto

Excuse me for being straightforward but this is the most ridiculous question ever asked if you are not going to put a " When " at the first of the sentence.

Do you know what 11 times world champion means? Do you know that only Hogan, HHH and Flair have a better record in WWE's book? So If he's not gonna get inducted then I won't understand the point of Hall of Fame.

When will it be? It really doesn't matter but I think they'll wait at least 3-4 years cuz he's not 46 like Shawn.

And by the way, Vince has made HoF so it's impossible for anyone else to make it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back