Hall of Fame Worthy Candidates

Hero_kidstackz

Dark Match Winner
So i was just looking at the wwe hall of fame and i see alot of people who deserve to be there (bret hart,wild Samoans, jim ross,edge) and then i saw a few who didnt (mike tyson,jim carey) so its been over hundreds of wrestlers/superstars who has made such a impact on todays product and has yet to be inducted. So my question is who would you like to see inducted in any given hall of fame class and why??

My Choices Are

Mick foley he is referred to as the harcore legend but dont have that hall of fame ring he was a nice list of accomplishments and titles and has alot of memorable moments throughout his career.

The Undertaker now we all know the undertaker is like the ultimate favorite whrn it comes to most IWC members and im sure he will get the honor after he retire but i would like to see him receive it right before his last wrestlemania match.

Kurt Angle if he wasnt working for tna im sure the wwe would be ok acknowledging his highlights and decelerated career

Chris Beniot: Now yes i know this one will never happen but you still cant think what chris did in the ring was anything short of amazing

First The Hall of Fame has it's "Celebrity Wing" as they call it, so Mike Tyson deserved it. He was one of the reasons why WWF had a lot of mainstream media attention. You probably don't know that, but Mike Tyson segment with Stone Cold Steve Austin was a mark out moment, people were insane to see those two stars getting an electric and intense segment. All of that ended at WrestleMania with Steve Austin beating Shawn Michaels and becoming the face of the WWF. It looks like I'm seeing it right now, Mike Tyson raising SCSA hand was freaking awesome.

Now for me there are a lot of guys that should be inducted starting now with the late "Macho Man" Randy Savage. He much like Sammartino does not want to be in WWE's Hall of Fame by pure stubbornness. He actually thinks that the rest of his family made something to deserve it, and his brother actually agreeing with him blows my mind. Well, two picks already made in Savage and Bruno Sammartino.

For the celebrity wing I would induct Andy Kaufman, because of his work with Jerry Lawler in Memphis. I rad about that, I saw what I could about that and it was actually very very important and a very good way to get media attention for the sports. Kaufman always loved the business so I hope he gets inducted.

There are also three or four guys that deserve it. Starting in first place with the rumored Lombardi. A guy that did everything that they asked him, loyal, has been working with the company for almost thirty years and he is like "The Ultimate Jobber". Speaking of Ultimate, we have to also speak of Ultimate Warrior. We all know that Ultimate Warrior is a fucking cunt that doesn't care about the business but he had a good career, fans loved him and he had his share in the history of the company. Jake The Snake Roberts is my third pick, and the reason why this guy isn't already there pisses me off, the best promo guy ever, or at least face to face with Roddy Piper in the first two spots. Solely the best in in-ring psychology and a superstar that got over by his talent and not by his accomplishments.
The last guy that I would induct had to be Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon. One of the best bad guys, a great charisma, a good in ring performer that had a good run in both WWF and WCW.

Honorable Mentions: Mick Foley, The Rock, Booker T, Paul Heyman and last but not least Trish Stratus.

If I were to book the hof next year in New Jersey/New York my list would include...

Randy Savage (Had a huge impact in NJ were he competed in tourny and hogan back to back manias)
Bruno Sammartino (If savage was a no go he would headline the biggest legend in this industry and very popular in the NY area)
Bob Backlud (If Savage and Sammartino were no go then Backlud would be my third headliner, well over due to be inducted into the hof)
Elizabeth (Cant have a Macho Man induction without her)
Donald Trump (hosting WM 4/5 in Trump Plaza NJ as well as other accomplishments with wwe)
Kamala (had some good feuds, classic gimmick, very ill and would benefit to be inducted sooner then later)
Bam Bam Bigelow (Beast from the East Asbury Park NJ) One of the best big men in the industry)
King Kong Bundy (another great big man from NJ area)
Rick the Model Martel (long over due for a hof induction would love to see santana induct him)
Brooklyn Brawler (a jobber who did a lot of good service for the company and deserves a spot)

Those would be my inductions for WM 29 weekend. I know savage and sammartino are iffy but backlud would be my third choice as a headliner. Im against young talent like edge gettin in soon and the older talent being left out.

Reactions: Lee
I would also add Demolition to that list, one of the premier tag teams back then and have still to this day records that arent broken with their reigns as tag champs. I personally liked them better then the road warriors in the wwf.

So before I decided I had to go check out the Hall of Fame and get me some ideas.

First thing we need is a stupid pointless celebrity that has done really nothing in the wwe but appeared at a Wrestlemania. So I selected

Pamela Anderson really just for her boobs, but still Pam was one of the sexiest females to ever to sit outside the ring and do nothing. Since we have to have a pointless celeb she is my pick

Next we need to add a wrestler who is dead, I am not sure when this new talent came in but many stars were better than those who have passed but they were passed over to show respect to the dead. I guess. So I select:

Giant Gonzalez Yeah his gimmick was lame, yeah he wore a monkey suit...literally. He was very key in the Undertaker being on the streak he was a victim. He really wasn't that big a superstar be he has passed which make it perfect for the wwe to pretend they care.

Next you need a living wrestler who only wrestled in WCW just to slap people in the face and say ha ha we can do what we want.This person is about as deserving to be in the Hall as a paper weight. For this I select

David Arquette David was a WWE champion longer than many real superstars so why not have him in the Hall of fame. As far as I can remember he is the first non wrestler to hold A world championship.

Almost to finish out the Hall Of Fame WWE needs to have 1 legit person and usually only one. So for this I select

Nash,Hall and Syxx Pac Without these three guys WCW being taken over would simply not have happened. They were the Keystone in the Monday night wars. If not for them the story would be different.

Finally with the last pick, you place a legit person who technically hasn't retired 5 times but is on the verge. This person needs to make everyone overlook the fact that the hall of fame is the biggest joke since David arquette's title run. So with this final pick I select:

Triple H He is done but doesn't want to stop a match maybe 1 a year very few interactions and basically he has touched every title there is to have. HHH has done everything anyone could wish to due so it is time for him to be forced into retirement. ( as much as I respect and would like to see him keep going once a year is UFC shit and I'll pass)

SD JONES - He should have been in at least the second class of the HOF. He was one of the best talkers ever. This man was reliable, could work in the ring and was always a fan favorite. He was one of the men that paved the way for African American wrestlers being involved in High Profile Fueds. Dusty Rhodes is the only person that could induct him.

As Everyone Said, Bruno, Macho Man, Ms. Elizabeth and Backlund must get into the HOF.

1. Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth- Both helped paved the way for the wrestling business. Randy was great on the mic and was bit as great in the ring. Liz was the first true diva, "The First Lady In Wrestling." They were both important as Hogan, Piper, and Andre. They should be inducted along side those greats.

2. Bob Backlund- 70's and early 80's version of Kurt Angle. Was the champion for five years.

3. Jake "The Snake" Roberts- Intense promo's, even though he was not yelling or screaming, he got his point crossed. Invented one of the best moves of all time, "The DDT." Jake also inspired/helped alot of guys, he helped 'Taker, Stone Cold, and DDP.

4. Mick Foley- Foley was awesome and had some kick ass matches. Foley helped make two of the greatest wrestlers into main event status, HHH and Edge. Foley should have his name in the HOF.

5. Sycho Sid- Was not a great technical wrestler, but he wasn't suppose too, he was suppose to be a power house badass motherfucker. Sid did great in that role, he could convince people that he was "Sycho." Everywere he went, he was at the main event level. Sid was a 2 time WWF Champion and 2 time WCW Champion.

6. Vader- I wish the WWF could use him better. He can play a great Monster Villion. Had A huge career in WCW and in Japan. Can move great for a big man! Moonsault of the top rope!

In the Celebrity Wing: Andy Kaufman. Im usually against the celebrity wing, but I would be happy to see Andy in it. Andy Kaufman is not like other celebrities, he had a huge impact in the business and had love for the wrestling business. I am a huge fan of Andy. If nobody saw his rivalry against Lawer, then youtube it. This guy played one of the greatest heel's ever, everbody hated him. He would sing, "Im the King of Tennesse, I knocked Lawler out last week, I'll knock him out again! Yeah!" When Lawler smacked Andy on Letterman and Andy through a tantrum, it helped the wrestling business in a big way. If he didn't die in 1984, He would probably been with the WWF during Rock N Wrestling.

Foley is definitely a good one. I would also go with Booker T. He's a five time WCW champion, world champion in WWE, held multiple mid card titles, is one half a great tag team (Harlem Heat), and the spinarooni.

Also, I believe Raven would be a good induction. He's been to every major wrestling organization and established himself as one of the kings of hardcore.

As for Owen and Benoit, I'm sorry, I just really don't see it happening. Believe me, I would love for it to happen. But chances are slim to none.

Let me first start by saying Bruno should be in, but refuses to be. My list, although may not be popular, is a mix-up.

Bob Backlund: Long overdue for a 2 time champ with one time holding it over 4 years undefeated.

Bruiser Brody: If Abdullah the Butcher is in, his main feud partner should be. This guy was a legend in so many territories; simply out of respect.

Rick Rude: Former WCCW world champ; former IC champ; former WCW world champ; former NWA tag champ...the list goes on. He not only was a great performer, he could make someone with no skills look good.

Randy Savage: His relationship with McMahon kept him out; now his dad won't allow it without it being a family induction with him and Lanny. So sad they get petty.

Trish Stratus: Come on, how can she NOT be in the women's division? Multi time champ, former manager, former trainer.

The British Bulldogs: They came in and changed tag team wrestling in WWE. They were the first high flying, acrobatic wrestlers that made tag teams step up their game. (Hardy boys still are wrestling)

King Kong Bundy: He dominated so much he made the ref count 5. His ability for a big man was incredible. (this was tough for it was a tie for me between him and Bam Bam Bigello).

For celebrity, Andy Kaufman: He helped main streaming wrestling back in the day. His feud with Lawler brought national news.

Finally, Jake the Snake Roberts: His psychological feuds with opponents was legendary.

Mine is based off of people who aren't int he HOF yet

Randy Savage - No explanation should be needed

The Rock - The Rock was one of the people who really popularized the WWE after Hulk Hogan put it on the map

Trish Stratus and Lita Made divas more than eye candy

Jim Ross - the John Madden of Wrestling Entertainment deserves a HOF spot. And look at the talent he has found

Vince McMahon - The WWE wouldn't be here today if not for Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Always a good topic for debate, especially since it's so nebulous...there is no criteria, different people get 'in' for different reasons. Some people may not have had a huge career in WWE, but did elsewhere. I think it's great that WWE is recognizing some of these people, I hope it continues.

Some good choices, I agree with a lot of them...Jake Roberts, Randy Savage (Lanny Poffo said in an interview that Savage was not going to accept the HOF unless the entire family went in...his dad, maybe, Lanny...no.), Bruno Sammartino, Ultimate Warrior & Mick Foley being the top of the list. Also Kurt Angle (if he splits from TNA, it will happen, and deservedly so), Booker T, Bob Backlund (he's being forgotten by the current generation, but he had a couple of good runs), Trish Stratus and Lita, Owen Hart, Bundy, The Rock, Austin...Rick Rude.

I think people REALLY need to get over the celeb wing. It's a special attraction/mainstream crossover segment, for people who brought a different audience to the product. No, they didn't make the same contributions that a Shawn Michaels made, that's not what that area is about. Cyndi Lauper definitely deserves to be in there.

Some who are active, but should get in when they retire: Undertaker (put him in now!), Cena, Kane, Jericho, HHH, Big Show...Randy Orton (I hate him, but he's been a top guy for a long time), Christian (I hope he has another World Title run or two left, his tag team run was great, but his singles career is in the shadow of Edge), Rey Misterio, Beth Phoenix. I think a few others need to show something more before they are locks...actually, I think Beth may need another good run before she's a lock, she suffers from having not had a lot of quality opponents.

Jim Ross - the John Madden of Wrestling Entertainment deserves a HOF spot. And look at the talent he has found

He is already in

I love the Andy Kaufmann idea for the celeb wing, and he did more in wrestling then the other celebs combine..

as for a WCW guy, I'd go with DDP since he was iirc one of the very few that actually succeeded without joining the nwo. That's only if it didn't upset the Kwee-wee :lmao:

Also like Bob Backlund due mostly in part to his 1st WWE Title Reign, Jake Roberts for his psychology, and for female i'd go with either Trish Stratus for most reigns, or Alundra Blayze/Madusa (longshot) for WWE Women's Championship and being WCW Cruiserweight Champion (before Chyna's IC Run)

With the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame taking place in New Jersey next year, I'm sure the WWE will try to have a class that represents the New York/New Jersey area which I'm cool with. That's most likely why they made a renewed push to get Bruno Sammartino to accept a headlining induction next year, as there's no one more fitting to be inducted at Madison Square Garden than Bruno Sammartino who still holds the record for most sell-outs by a professional wrestler ever at "The World's Most Famous Arena."

But with Bruno Sammartino declining yet again, I see a possibility of three candidates to serve as the headliner of the class. Those three would be....

Bob Backlund: Other than Bruno, by official WWE records, he's held the World Title longer than anyone else in history (though in reality he lost the title to Antonio Inoki for a week in 1979 only to get it back. That title change was never recognized by WWE), and he also was a mainstay at Madison Square Garden in the late 1970's and early 1980's. He had numerous classic matches as the WWF champion against the likes of Billy Graham, Greg Valentine, Jesse Ventura, Jimmy Snuka, and the Iron Sheik, and even had inter-promotional champion matches against Ric Flair and I believe Harley Race. Realistically, other than Macho Man and Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund is the biggest omission in the Hall of Fame. With his return on Raw last week, hopefully more attention will come to him from the fans as well as WWE itself. And like Bruno, it would be very fitting for Backlund to take his place in the HOF at Madison Square Garden next year.

Macho Man Randy Savage: I don't think I really need to explain why Macho Man deserves in. We all know he deserves in. The question is will it happen. If Vince and the company cave in and give Lanny Poffo what he wants (and supposedly what Randy Savage wanted) and induct Lanny and their father Angelo as well, then it'll happen. However, as right as I feel it would be to have Macho Man headline and close the show (well Lanny close it on his behalf), truthfully it would be a downer to close out the HOF ceremony with a deceased wrestler, plus it has never happened before, and thus it really hurts the chances of that happening. Hence why I think if Macho Man is chosen for induction, I think either Bob Backlund will be inducted as well to counter-blance the "down moment" that will be Macho Man's induction. Or if Backlund doesn't get the nod, they could go with one other guy that also has connections to the New York/New Jersey area.

Mick Foley: Mick Foley's accolades speak for themselves and he is well deserving of being in the HOF obviously. While some say he's not worthy enough to headline a HOF class, I strongly disagree with that as other than Stone Cold and Rock and probably Undertaker, Mick Foley was the biggest star in the early years of the Attitude Era (1998 and 1999). Don't forget that he was in commercials and his first book becoming a No. 1 Best Seller on the New York Times book list brought quite a bit of notoriety to the WWE as he was on major talk shows during that period. So Mick Foley for a briefer time was a bit of a pop culture icon along with Stone Cold and the Rock. But more importantly, Mick Foley is an amazing speaker who is very insightful, hilarious and dramatic. So Mick Foley would be an amazing closer for the show which would work good with the emotional induction of Macho Man. The mood will be pretty down during Savage's induction obviously. So if Mick Foley goes on afterwards to close the show he can bring everyone's spirts up as only he can. When this year's HOF inductees were announced I was strongly against anyone other than Macho Man headlining as I feel it would be disrespectful to his legacy for him to play second fiddle to someone else (namely the Rock who was heavily rumored to be the headliner for this year's induction, though it turned out to be Edge and the Four Horsemen), but I'm kind of open to having a co-headliner with Macho Man as long as it is someone that is a bit below stature of Savage, which is where both Mick Foley and Bob Backlund fall under. If Savage were to be inducted with say the Rock, then he really would be second fiddle to the Rock (as anyone other than Hogan, HBK, Taker, or Stone Cold would be).

Some people might be saying Savage and Backlund are unlikely as if they're not in by now they'll probably never get in. But Savage was getting to be on decent terms with the WWE before he died, and Backlund contrary to popular belief never was on bad terms with the WWE, he just didn't want to go in because he felt his career wasn't finished yet. Jim Ross confirmed this on one of the Legends of Wrestling Roundtables on WWE on Demand a few years ago. So once Backlund is ready to go in, he'll go in, I'm sure. And if the WWE agrees to induct the Poffo family than Savage will go in pretty much on the spot. But even so, why Savage, Backlund, and Foley? Why not Triple H, Goldberg, Ultimate Warrior, The Rock, Undertaker, etc? Unless it's well established that said wrestler is gonna have their last match the next night at Wrestlemania or shortly thereafter (Hulk Hogan being the exception) then those guys aren't gonna be inducted while they're still semi-active at least. That applies to the Rock (who will probably headline Wrestlemania again next year), Undertaker, and Triple H. Their careers are still going so why would they go in yet? Goldberg I suppose is a possibility, but I just can't see WWE making a huge push to induct him so soon as next year. As for the Ultimate Warrior, it seems like with Bruno Sammartino, Triple H is trying to mend the fences a bit with the Warrior with the interview he did a few months back in which he praised the Warrior (which took him by surprise apparently), so hopefully it'll happen in the future, but I don't see it happening next year.

So personally, I feel that WWE is gonna induct at least two of those three headliners next year. Mainly because Bob Backlund just isn't famous enough or remembered enough to headline a class (as you could see with the lack of reception he got at RAw last week), and Macho Man is deceased, and they'll probably never have a deceased wrestler close out the show and headline (though if anyone deserves to it's Macho Man), so if WWE decides to induct either Backlund or Savage, I think they'll either induct both of them to counter-act each other (Savage being famous enough to draw even in death, where Backlund couldn't, and Backlund actually being alive and being able to be there to accept and give a speech where Savage obviously can't), or they'll induct Mick Foley with Backlund or Savage (to draw where Backlund couldn't and to actually be there and give a speech where Savage can't).

If Macho Man gets inducted then we'll have a whole different roster of inductees then if he isn't. As if he's inducted, then that means inductions will be coming for Angelo Poffo and Lanny Poffo, as according to Lanny and his mother, those are the only terms they'll agree to to get Macho Man inducted. So your undercard or manager/non-wrestler inductee will be filled with Lanny Poffo (aka: the Genius), and your old timer/pioneer era wrestler slot will be filled (with Angelo Poffo). Plus it just wouldn't seem right to induct Macho Man and not induct Miss Elizabeth (who would fill the woman and/or manager role). So with Macho Man you also get Lanny Poffo, Angelo Poffo, and Miss Elizabeth which takes four spots right off the bat. Plus Backlund or Mick Foley as the co-headliner, now you're at 5. So there's not many more open spots left after that, as WWE typically inducts about 7-8 entities (wrestlers, tag teams, familys, announcers/managers, and usually a really older, pre-WWF wrestler, or a non-WWF wrestler, plus a celebrity). However if they don't induct Savage and go with just Backlund and/or Foley, then the rest of the Poffos will most likely be passed over as well as Miss Elizabeth which will thus leave plenty more room.

If the Poffo family and Miss Elizabeth are passed over and we get just Backlund and Foley, or perhaps just Foley (I will be stunned if Bob Backlund is picked as the sole headlining inductee), then there will be tons more room for inductees. WWE typically picks 1-2 headliners, a tag team/stable/wrestling family, a celebrity, a female inductee, a manager/announcer, and a promoter or a non-WWE wrestler who either predated WWE or just wrestled in other organizations/territories.

As far as who is worthy, of course headlining inductees would include Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, etc. Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, and Randy Orton could be future headliners.

Then there's the mid-card to main event (but not quite headlining) WWE stars like King Kong Bundy, Adrian Adonis, One Man Gang, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Honky Tonk Man, The Big Boss Man, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel, Earthquake, Haku, British Bulldog, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Bam Bam Bigelow, Vader, Goldust, Brian Pillman, William Regal, etc.

Then there's plenty of tag teams like the British Bulldogs, the Killer Bees, Strike Force, Demolition, the Bushwhackers, the Fabulous Rougeaus, Money Inc, the Smoking Gunns, the New Age Outlaws and non-WWE teams like The Rock & Roll Express, the Midnight Express, Harlem Heat, The Steiner Brothers (competed in WWE, but are more known as a WCW team), the Fabulous Freebirds, and the Fabulous Kangaroos (the original great tag team in wrestling history).

And if they have Wrestlemania return to an area of one of the earlier, famous territories, the promotor and/or announcer could be inducted. Such as if they got to Houston again, they could induct Paul Boesch. IF they go to Georgia, induct Jim Barnett, or if they go to the Portland/Seattle area, induct Don Owen, or if they go to St. Louis, they could induct Sam Muchnick. Then of course there's Eric Bischoff (WCW), Paul Heyman (ECW), and Jim Cornette (Smokey Mountain Wrestling) Thus far, the only true full fledged promoter (who wasn't also a wrestler) in there is Vince Sr. Eddie Graham, Bill Watts, Antonio Inoki, Stu Hart, The Sheik, Jerry Lawler, and Harley Race are in there as they were promoters throughout their career, but they were mainly inducted for their actual wrestling careers, not their promoting careers. So I think the Hall of Fame could use more promoters in the Hall of Fame.

As far as announcers/managers, WWE has done a pretty good job of getting most of those in the WWE in the HOF. Lord Alfred Hayes is an announcer that's missing that could be inducted. But there's announcers from other promotions such as Lance Russell of the Memphis territory, Ed Whalen of Stampede Wrestling, Tony Schivanoe of WCW, Joey Styles of ECW, etc. As far as managers, again, WWE has done a good job of getting most of the worthy ones from the WWE in the HOF. There's still Slick, Miss Elizabeth, and Jim Cornette. Outside of WWE, there's Paul Heyman, and Gary Hart.

And with WWE trying to broaden their scope of Hall of Fame Inductees by inducting wrestlers that predated the WWE and/or wrestling who wrestled in different organizations (AWA, World Class, NWA, Stampede Wrestling, New Japan, All Japan, ECW, WCW, independents, etc.). They've started inducting foreign wrestlers with the inductions of Antonio Inoki and Mil Mascaras, and there's plenty more they could go with. Out of Japan there's the other two of the "big three" with Giant Baba and Rikidozan. Not to mention pioneering light heavyweights like Tiger Mask, The Great Muta, or Jushin "Thunder" Liger. There's Jumbo Tsurtu, Tatsumi Fujinami, Mitsuharu Misawa, Riki Choshu, Shinya Hashimoto, just to name a few. Out of Mexico they passed over El Santo who is still the biggest star in the history of Mexico. Also Gory Guerrero or just the whole Guerrero family would work. Also Black Shadow, Blue Demon, Perro Aguayo, El Hijo Del Santo, El Solitario, El Canek.

And with the inductions of Verne Gagne and Gorgeous George, plus Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, Antonino "Argentina" Rocca and Gorilla Monsoon in the early years, WWE has tried to induct stars from the early years of the WWE (WWWF as it was known then) and even predating the WWE. Lou Thesz is an essential inductee in that regard, as well as stars from the early 20th century like Frank Gotch, Jim Londos, Ed "Strangler" Lewis, George Hackenschmidt, and Earl Caddock just to name a few. Most members of the WWE Universe probably wouldn't know who those guys are, but to wrestling historians and experts that would go a long way to legitimizing the WWE Hall of Fame by inducting someone like Frank Gotch or Ed "Strangler" Lewis. And of course there's plenty of stars still from the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's that maybe made stops in the WWE from time to time, but mainly wrestled in other territories that deserve induction. Johnny Valentine, Bruiser Brody, Carlos Colon, Dick Murdoch, Gene Kiniski, Pat O' Connor, Danny Hodge, Ray Stevens, Jackie Fargo, Adrian Street, The Destroyer, Dick the Bruiser, Crusher, and Billy Robinson would all be good inductees.

And as far as celebrities go, I feel that Mr. T, Cyndi Lauper, Muhammad Ali, Sylvester Stallone, Donald Trump, Aretha Franklin, and Andy Kaufman would be the next best candidates, and with Wrestlemania being in New Jersey next year, it seems fitting to have Donald Trump go in as the celebrity inductee, beings his Trump Plaza Hotel, located in Atlantic City, New Jersey hosted Wrestlemanias IV and V, not to mention he's been involved with WWE and Vince McMahon ever since.

Needless to say WWE certainly isn't short of Hall of Fame candidates. They have plenty of inductees for the next 10-15 years at least.

well, the Class of 2012 I feel will have a heavy New York old school WWWF/E feel. Being originally a territory that WWE had to itself, the HOF will feature guys who have been synonymous with WWE only, in my opinion.
Bruno Sammartino will NOT be inducted, he wants no part whatsoever of the WWE product.

BOB BACKLUND: I see him being inducted. His career is all but overm he is on good terms,appearing as a Legend a couple of weeks ago. He is long overdue and apart from Sammartino is the most notable guy not in there.

RANDY SAVAGE: Yes should be in there, but Vince will not be blackmailed to have ther entire Poffo family inducted, so Savage wont be going in either.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR: Deserves to be in their, but Vince I doubt will want to give this guy an open microphone, especially with the way WWE has portrayed him in recent years. There is a reason Sammartino, Savage and Warrior are not already in the HOF, it will not change this year.

So, my class of 2013 looks something like this, keeping with the pro WWE theme:

HEADLINER:
MICK FOLEY: Long Island native, career is as over as it is going to be. Synonymous with the New York area, still over and much loved by all, Foley would be a headline induction, and I see him being inducted by Terry Funk

BOB BACKLUND: Do not see him as the headline induction, but welld eserved and well over in the New York region. POossibly inducted by Pat Patterson

KING KONG BUNDY: New Jersey native, massively over in his 1985-1987 run, headlined Mania 2 and slamming the midgets at Mania 3 is still fondly remembered.Inducted by Bobby Heenan

JAKE ROBERTS: If he is clean, he will be inducted sooner than later. Inducted by DDP

DEMOLITION: Have to induct Bill Edaie, Masked Superstar was a mega heel in the early 80s in WWE and his run as Axe was super over. Barry Darsow as Smash, and lesser Repo Man and Krusher Kruschev can be forgotten

Have to have a female inducted, it has to be Miss ELIZABETH. More than likely to be inducted by thee Divas

Somebody posthumously gets inducted, a lot of guys who have passed away would be suited, but I cannot go past RICK RUDE. The Ravishing One was simply a brilliant heel and a legitimate hard man. To be inducted by good friend Bret Hart

Celebrity Wing....MR T, Headlined Mania 1 and appeared at Mania 2. Unbelievable he isnt already in and guys like DREW CAREY already are.

Macho Man- without doubt one of the best all time.
Bam Bam Bigalow- I think he was one of the best big men of all times. the things he could do for that size was unbelievable.
DDP- was really great. great feuds with the NWO
NWO- great talents as whole changed/shook the business up(maybe not all 28 members though)
Jake Roberts- same thing, another great

Lots of viable names on this list. Here's mine. In order for some of these to be inducted, Vince will have to swallow his pride, bury the hatchet, and quit being such a jerk about what happened in the past.

Owen Hart--Obvious
Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth--Obvious
Rick Rude--He was Attitude before the Attitude Era
Bob Backlund--Cannot believe he's not in there
Demolition--Paved their own way even though they were branded as Road Warrior wannabes. One of the best tag teams ever.
Jake Roberts--As good a villain as anyone in the history of the business. Delivered some of the most chilling promos ever

I love how Andy Kauffman was never mentioned on these boards. Now that Lawler, mentioned him, all of these people come out of the woodwork expressing their support for his induction. That and the fact that Drew Carey always has to be mentioned. Ok, we get it, he is the least deserving in most people's opinion...let it go!

My choices are Davey Boy Smith, Rick Derringer, Jake Roberts, Rick Martel, Demolition, and Cyndi Lauper. Each of their contributions are long-term and long-lasting. Lauper had a HUGE (underrated) role in getting Hogan and co. mainstreamed when Vince had his future on the line in the mid 80s.

Taka Michinoku: Multi-champ, leader of one of the most notorious stables ever and greatest wrestler to never win a world title.

Excellent point! He was in...that stable...that really contributed by...doing things. I will never forget...the name of that stable.

Jim Powers deserves to be in also. He was a multi-match contestant and had ring music. Most jobbers didn't. He was an innovator. He was also a HOF tag-team competitor as a Young Stallion, due to the fact that he was on a PPV. More than one! I think Paul Roma should induct him...after Hercules inducts HIM...after Billy Jack Haynes inducts HIM...after Ken Patera inducts HIM...after Andre the Giant's barber inducts HIM!

Randy Savage - No explanation should be needed

The Rock - The Rock was one of the people who really popularized the WWE after Hulk Hogan put it on the map

Trish Stratus and Lita Made divas more than eye candy

Vince McMahon - The WWE wouldn't be here today if not for Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Jim Ross was inducted in 2007!

Anyway, I want to mention someone who doesn't get mentioned a lot ala Bruno and Savage. I'm talking about Ravishing Rick Rude. He was an awesome heel, a great worker, had charisma and was a great promo. Also he was one of the great stars they had in the 80s boom period. The "what I'd like to have right now" he always used to do was classic.

I agree with the people that said Andy Kaufman for the celeb wing. He did a lot more for wrestling than most of the other celeb inductees.

Trish Stratus, and Chyna on the women's side of things. Trish is one of if not the most decorated Diva in WWE history. She has to go in. Chyna probably won't be going in anytime soon, but she was the first of her kind. First Woman to win IC title. First Woman in the rumble. Hopefully some day she goes in.

Macho Man no reason needed here.

Mick Foley. The Hardcore Legend. Foley had had incredible matches, is a multi time world champ, and to say he has put his body on the line for his sport is a vast understatement. Foley deserves it for sure.

There more more candidates of cousre, but these were the first names that came into my mind when I thought of celeb wing, and male and female wrestlers.

Excellent point! He was in...that stable...that really contributed by...doing things. I will never forget...the name of that stable.

Jim Powers deserves to be in also. He was a multi-match contestant and had ring music. Most jobbers didn't. He was an innovator. He was also a HOF tag-team competitor as a Young Stallion, due to the fact that he was on a PPV. More than one! I think Paul Roma should induct him...after Hercules inducts HIM...after Billy Jack Haynes inducts HIM...after Ken Patera inducts HIM...after Andre the Giant's barber inducts HIM!

Are you saying that Taka was not a legend sir? I will have you know that he was in the legendary stable KAIENTAI, as well as part of one of the most legendary tag teams in the WWE, INDEEEEEED! Also, they took out Val Venis quite well on an episode of RAW back in the day if you do not recall.

They should have a jobber wing. They deserve it for making superstars who normally would suck look good.

I'd put Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Horowitz, The killer Bees, and Doink in there

SD JONES - He should have been in at least the second class of the HOF. He was one of the best talkers ever. This man was reliable, could work in the ring and was always a fan favorite. He was one of the men that paved the way for African American wrestlers being involved in High Profile Fueds. Dusty Rhodes is the only person that could induct him.

As Everyone Said, Bruno, Macho Man, Ms. Elizabeth and Backlund must get into the HOF.

Really? I've watched wrestling for 25 years and don't ever remember hearing his name until you brought it up. Not exactly HOF material if no one knows who you are.

As for Bruno, he has repeatedly turned down HOF for WWE for many reasons. one of his quotes is that it is not a really HOF since there is no place were you can bring people and show them who and what it means. Plus he hates McMahon and what he's done to the business.

Savage won't go in unless they also bring in his family. He stated so before he died, and now that he's dead, his family won't allow it themselves.

I think the ref's deserve their own place in the HOF. This could open up some spots for others who were special referees during some of the most famous matches.

Really? I've watched wrestling for 25 years and don't ever remember hearing his name until you brought it up. Not exactly HOF material if no one knows who you are.

Just because you never heard of him doesn't mean "no one" knows who he is. I don't agree that he should be in the HOF; but, you assuming no one has heard of him just because you were under a rock is foolish.

I do like your idea about the refs. Not for the special ref crap, but because a lot of them are long-time employees and are very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back