**Merged** Carlito fired...Why? Does anyone really care?

Never been a fan of Carlito. He has a ton talent and potential but...

1. He was never utilized properly.
2. He didn't try hard enough to really prove himself.
3. He was really his own worst enemy.

Good Riddance!

WWE...was trying, IMO, to make him a character that could be huge in the PG era. They could have marketed his hair for kids, just like Rey's mask. That character could have been huge with someone else playing him. Carlito as a person didn't really care very much. Just think of the sales of the wigs!!!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you all know that he's lazy and has a bad attitude? Did this come from that infamous "backstage source" or is this something that's been verified?

You could tell through his ring work that he lacked the desire for it. I know, i pay attention to the actual wrestling on a WWE show and carlito for a while now, seemed to just laz-about in the ring and lacked any energy at all.

Please go and google Chris Benoit death and you will realize why wwe wellness policy is a big deal! i don't wanna get into it in detail, it is still not 100 percent proven that drugs made him kill his family and then himself afterwords, but the press and the bad amount of heat wwe gained... yeah, wwe does not want that happen again. That is why the wellness policy is a big deal and i support it personally (and its my own opinion)

I believe the guy was talking about recreational drugs, not steriods.

Carlito never looked anything special to me, and while I was glad to see another actual tag team reform, I knew they wouldn't do much anyway. No big loss here, interesting to see NXT next week.

If the WWE was really concerned about the well being of it's performers they would work half the dates they do now so that they can actually get some rest now and again. Having to perform night in and night out in pain is a recipe for experimentation in enhanced relaxation. Combine the pain from taking bumps and nagging injuries with the stress of wanting a break, missing your family and the desire to be a top draw and it's no wonder so many wrestlers get caught using the same crap they know damn well killed their friends not long ago. Don't forget, they also can't afford to take any time off for fear of losing their TV time because slots are hard to come by as it is

Regardless whether or not he wanted to be fired, getting terminated does NOT do him any favors. To any potential employers, a terminated employee can be seen as more of a liability than an asset. As far as him going to TNA, it's highly probably since their roster has TONS of guys who were fired (or previously disciplined) for failing WWE's Wellness Program. Does TNA even have a program like this? Rob Terry and RVD would suggest they don't... Anyways, I could care less where he winds up.

I'm not surprised, shocked, or any other synonym for the word, nor do I care. The dude was a complete waste of space on the roster, was boring in both the ring and on the mic. Like, he didn't even do anything in NXT as a "pro." At best, this is good for budget cuts.

The guy is really talented IMO, and I'm definitely of the opinion that he was just sick of the corporate structure within the WWE. Some people aren't cut out for it; I prefer freelance to office work, too; he's not any less talented for getting out of that position he was in...didn't they even offer him more cash to stick around at some point? Orlando and Primo will do just fine as a tag team in the WWE, and if Carlito wants to show off his remarkable talent, he will definitely be given that opportunity in TNA. I'd love to see him there, because he has that transitional size and style that will give him a top spot in either the X-Division or the World Title picture.

Basically, I always just felt a little bit of empathy from him. Like I said, I was in a shitty office job that I needed because I needed money for, like, rent and stuff. The second I could go freelance, I did, and I've never been happier. I hope the same proves true for Carlito. The fact that he's a good wrestler who was consistently held back is just another reason why it's great that he's able to do what he wants now.

Final bit: since he was terminated in the fashion he was, does he still have to wait out the 90 days? Can he be on TNA as soon as Slammiversary (considering that they've taped all of their shows until then)?

I'm not surprised because it's Carlito, and he's had this coming for while. But I am surprised about when and how this came about.

After months of nothing, he was just beginning to make SOME sort of a comeback with his involvement on NXT and rejoining his brother. Then he fails a drug test? Really didn't see that one coming. I figured if he'd be fired, it be because of his attitude and nothing else. Though he must've been high on something to think he could expect to be given anything with that attitude of his.

It's too bad. Carlito was really one of my favorites in the first couple of years of his career. He was good in the ring, charismatic, and had a pretty cool gimmick (no pun intended). You could argue that creative misused him, but it was ultimately his attitude that led to his downfall. Sucks to see someone with so much potential waste it all away.

Also, the WWE really burned him in that release statement. They didn't even wish him luck in his future endeavors. I guess WWE management spits in the face of people who don't want to be cool as well.

The WWE offered to give him help, he refused. Fuck Carlito. The WWE has a drug policy, has testing in accordance with that policy, and he knew all of that. All it does is make him an idiot. I call total and complete bullshit on the TNA fanboys wishful thinking that he intentionally did it specifically to get caught, so he could get out of his contract. If he thought taking drugs was a smart way to stick it to the WWE, he is as I said before, an idiot. First, any contract is going to certainly have a clause in it that covers such an occurrance. Further. that clause is going to pretty much be ironclad. The WWE Lawyers are certainly a lot smarter than Carlito is, and would have legal safeguards in place to prevent a wrestler from doing exactly what the TNA fans wish Carlito did. In all likelyhood, failing the wellness policy then refusing to accept help is covered in all talent contracts, with no compete clauses built in. The WWE Lawyers would have thought of that, as well as a lot of other ways a wrestler might try to negate their contract. Give them credit. Vince pays them a LOT of money to protect his company legally and financially. They are good at their jobs. Do you really believe Carlito was somehow able to outsmart them? REALLY?

I have a question, or at least a suspicion which may be completely unfounded and wrong, but I figured I would throw it out anyway.

What if the firing of Carlito was a work? It was reported on the wwe website that Carlito was fired from the wwe. Fine, its usually reported in this way. But... typically when a wrestler is fired, it is reported as a sidebar on the site. Carlito being fired was top page in the latest news section, its the first thing you seen when you get on the site. I don't even think the latest firings of Shelton, Mickie, and others got that treatment.

It could be that this made the front page of the wwe because they are trying to show that their wellness policy does work, and those that don't comply can be fired. And this is a good argument. Especially considering that Carlito and Primo had just begun teaming together again.

But I for one am still suspicious about this, especially for the amount of information that the wwe provided about this firing. Usually its just a "we wish you luck in your future endeavors" kind of thing. Would not surprise me at all to see Carlito show up in a month or so as the newest member of the straight edge society, the one who seeked the rehab that only Punk could offer. Perhaps the wwe saw no future in teaming the Colons together again and decided to run this.

Any thoughts, and if im spouting nothing but unfounded speculation, could something like this work in the future, i.e. a wwe firing reported on wwe.com without a tv storyline where the guy is fired for wellness violation only to return as a member of the ses?

Well I am somewhat surprised by this but in truth not really. Carlito had be skating on thin ice for the past couple of Years. He came in with a Great Debut winning the US & IC Titles in the 1st year and & half. Became the Unified Tag Team Champions with Primo but was kinda stuck as to what to do after they broke up. I think part of it was his lousy attitude and why he didn't want help is beyond me. Im sure he'll pop in TNA so you can add another WWE Reject to that List. Nothing against Carlito but he brought this on himself and has nobody to blame but himself.

Lolololololololololololololol

Lulz.

So this is how the Great Carlito ends? From everyone proclaiming him a great "potential" main eventer, to proclaiming that he would be great if the WWE gave him that last push from the Mid-Card (and his absolutely wonderful feud with Torrie Wilson and Ric Flair), to proclaiming that the WWE were wasting his talent in the lower card with the likes of Santino, to proclaiming that Carlito is a wasted talent who could have been World Heavyweight Champion material, ala the Great Mr. "No One Cares If I'm Not Jumping" Shelton Benjamin. And now, none of us are surprised when he refuses rehab.

Yeah well, it's not like anyone will miss the stupid fuck. He had his debut handed to him, then he gave up and started doing shit in the ring. Then he was told to man up, and he threatened to quit. Apparently he thinks he's the main-eventing Batista or something.

Then he sorta mans up, then he goes right back to his ways. Now he's fired.

The man is a spoiled little ****e that will go back to Central America and wrestle a little bit until he realizes that he fucked up a great opportunity with the WWE. Then, when the WWE rehires him and he once again flops because he's shit, he'll go to TNA and be a Heavyweight Champion because he got the US and IC titles once. Maybe he'll even get a match with Flair, and get to make the old bastard bleed a few pints of blood. I swear, Ric Flair must have twice the normal human allotment of blood, for all the bleeding he does.

Anyway, yeah. This isn't a sad day for the WWE. It's a nothing day for the WWE. They've lost the dude that they used to have with Kozlov when he did his odd promos with the hosts on Raw. Now they use Santino, to my utter dismay. They can have Primo feud or team up with anyone else and Primo will be all the better for it.

What a waste. This guy had a great deal of potential. He could put on a great match, when he felt like it and was very personable. Pretty damn good on the stick. He could pull off comedy without looking like or sounding like a complete tool.
I'm a little sad to see him go cause I was wishing he'd finally man up and do something worth watching.

I have a question, or at least a suspicion which may be completely unfounded and wrong, but I figured I would throw it out anyway.

What if the firing of Carlito was a work? It was reported on the wwe website that Carlito was fired from the wwe. Fine, its usually reported in this way. But... typically when a wrestler is fired, it is reported as a sidebar on the site. Carlito being fired was top page in the latest news section, its the first thing you seen when you get on the site. I don't even think the latest firings of Shelton, Mickie, and others got that treatment.

It could be that this made the front page of the wwe because they are trying to show that their wellness policy does work, and those that don't comply can be fired. And this is a good argument. Especially considering that Carlito and Primo had just begun teaming together again.

But I for one am still suspicious about this, especially for the amount of information that the wwe provided about this firing. Usually its just a "we wish you luck in your future endeavors" kind of thing. Would not surprise me at all to see Carlito show up in a month or so as the newest member of the straight edge society, the one who seeked the rehab that only Punk could offer. Perhaps the wwe saw no future in teaming the Colons together again and decided to run this.

Any thoughts, and if im spouting nothing but unfounded speculation, could something like this work in the future, i.e. a wwe firing reported on wwe.com without a tv storyline where the guy is fired for wellness violation only to return as a member of the ses?

I completely agree, something about this release just seems off. I mean why would they blast it all over the website when most releases are like you said, a sidebar note that barely go noticed at all.

Also the WWE specifically mentioned this was his first violation. I thought the wellness policy worked on a 3 strikes and you're out deal. I mean hasn't Regal had 2 violations even Orton and remember when Jeff Hardy got suspended. These all were FIRST violations so why fire carlito instead of a suspension?

Maybe i'm looking in to this too much but compared to other releases and wellness violations, this one just doesn't seem right.

I just had a thought. No jokes please lol.
I think it's possible that Carlito did this on purpose. We all are aware that he threatened to quit once and he's been reported to be unhappy backtstage at times.
Do you think Carlito has finally had enough with the WWE to force them to fire him?

I can't really see that being the case. I doubt going out looking like a drug-addled cry baby who refused to clean up his act is part of some master work of a plan. I mean he sure as hell doesn't come off as someone I'd want to hire...
Why would he not just simply quit if indeed he didn't want to work for WWE anymore?

Maybe to get out of his contract. It's not like the public doesn't like a repemption story either. Famous people get a ton of sympathy for going to rehab. I think it's ******ed, but it's the way it be.

This all sounds like a quick and easy way to get out of your contract. It's been known for quite some time that he wasn't happy but that the WWE wanted to keep him. Glad he's gone, maybe he can do something of value elsewhere.

I didn't feel sorry for Jeff Hardy. I didn't feel sorry for Booker T. I didn't feel sorry for Kurt Angle. And, I don't feel sorry for Carlito. Hardy, Booker, and Angle are all huge names in wrestling, so they retained options, because it's not about redemption, so much as wanting to relive the glory days.

Carlito has just this side of zero name recognition. So, we're left with a career in America that is pretty much over. No, I don't think this was part of any master plan by Carlito, unless he's clinically ******ed.

In retrospect, this does seem a bit odd, doesn't it? There are a couple of things uncharacteristic of a WWE release going on with this story:

• There is a giant picture of Carlito on the front page when bigger stars get the side-bar treatment. Generally, when you fire someone from your company, flashing their picture on the main-screen draws more attention to the situation, and people pay a lot of attention to it. Almost as if they wanted people to pay attention to it.

• The WWE is flaunting the reason for Carlito's release, something they've never really done before. We usually just get a "future endeavors," and nothing more.

I'm sure the deeper we dig into this story, the more interesting the details become.

You know, I was thinking the same thing (that he purposely failed a drug test then refused rehab). Think about it, he wanted out of WWE, but stuck in a contract. Failing the drug test and refusing treatment is a good way out. Besides, we don't know exactly what he tested positive for.

And as for people/wrestlers using drugs, there should be no sympathy for their use of drugs. It really shouldn't be discussed nor should passing a drug test be the basis for maintaining/gaining employment in any occupation (wrestling included).

I'm one of the people that calls bullshit on the ''he had natural talent'' talk. I think he was given a decent gimmick and everything else was handed to him. He made it work for a couple of months but never showed me that any of it was from his own doing and not good booking. I don't remember any of his matches being anything more than forgettable. He has probably had one better than average match his entire stay in the WWE. I can't even remember what the match was, I'm just trying to be generous. He was given good programs to with work and still he was the epitome of 'meh'.

I'm not even glad to see him gone. My indifference is at that level where I have absolutely no feelings about his release. Not anger, sadness, happiness, hornyness, not a single emotion. Pretty much it's the same way I have felt about his career up to this point.

In short: Yes I think he did

In Long: No I don't think he did...

The short: Yes because WWE was doing such a horrible job handling him (at least in his point of view..My point of view is they did the best with what he gave them to work with). Now that he's out of his contract I believe he is free to do whatever. I don't know if the no compete clause affects him if he goes down to Puerto Rico or any place else of even if the no compete clause is there to be honest.

The long: the WWE is where everyone wants to be. It's that simple. Until TNA finally gets their act in gear and becomes a big time player (probably not for another decade sadly) the WWE is the only place to be for a sports entertainer. Sure he could make money doing Indy shows and appearances. And maybe going out of country would do something for him, BUT the WWE is where the "big" money is.

I just find it VERY funny that other stars have been busted once before and they were simply suspended. I don't recall them going to treatment immediately after their first failure. So all in all it makes one wonder, just what was Carlito on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back