Move Carlito to ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great idea. What made Carlito stand out when he debuted is his athletic ability and the 'fro. Now that he can't show off his abilities, that 'fro is the only thing that is keeping him in WWE. In ECW he could replace Christian's spot as champ.

I don't believe Carlito is going to be a world champion ever. He's been throw into the mix too long to stand out as a future world champ. He makes a great midcard champ and the ECW title is the highest he can get so he should the most of it.

The only thing that troubles me is that Wrestlezone report on him not caring about winning titles or even matches at the moment. All he's caring about is earning that paycheck. You want to reward the men who have that drive to go to the top, not a man who is barely moving along.

The way i see it Carlito might be on Smackdown already.....IF Big Show got sent to SD! and Shamus to RAW would'nt that mean ECW needs a new superstar,Carlito would be a great fit on ECW,maybe give the show a chance at having 2 feuds on the show.

It's a good idea but I seriously doubt it'd do anything for Carlito's career. People would just come on here and bash him or bash Vince. I'm honestly suprised he's still in the company because he's been in this "Wtf do we do with him" boat a million times. Maybe the writers need to start surfing Wrestlezone, you guys have some pretty solid ideas. I'd love to see Carlito back in the title scene, whether it be IC or US or ECW or whatever. I enjoy him, they always seem to just make him look like a bitch, it gets tiring.

Maybe this move does have a chance to happen. Sheamus has been moved to Raw and maybe it is like a trade off between the two shows. Whenever they take someone off ECW, they usually replace them with someone pretty quickly like when Matt Hardy left, Christian came in. I could see it happening now that they decided to move Sheamus.

The way i see it Carlito might be on Smackdown already.....IF Big Show got sent to SD! and Shamus to RAW would'nt that mean ECW needs a new superstar,Carlito would be a great fit on ECW,maybe give the show a chance at having 2 feuds on the show.

Big Show is still a member of RAW but as the Unified TT Champ he can appear on any show. As stated on RAW he cut a deal with Teddy Long that if he helped SD win he would get a WHC shot at SS.

Maybe this move does have a chance to happen. Sheamus has been moved to Raw and maybe it is like a trade off between the two shows. Whenever they take someone off ECW, they usually replace them with someone pretty quickly like when Matt Hardy left, Christian came in. I could see it happening now that they decided to move Sheamus.

The cleared spot on ECW could be filled by Bryan Danielson or Lance Cade or perhaps they will call up another FCW rising star.

I second the idea of moving Carlito to ECW. Given the right motivation (and honestly considering the creative decisions that have been done with his character lately I can see why he's been demotivated..) Carlito can be an entertaining character. How does one go from winning US and IC Championships on his debut in both brands to being told "Oh, we have nothing for you right now.."

Carlito can talk, he can wrestle, decent as a face, great as a heel. Hell, change his fucking attire back cause the long pants shit he did with his brother completely ruined his image IMO.

It's fuckery how he's being treated right now.

I really like Carlito, and I get the impression that someone wants him to be a big deal in the company and someone else doesn't, hence his peak and trough push rate. The fact he obviously doesn't give a shit when he isn't pushed isn't likely to help him. Carlito is capable of a decent match, and has some notoriety, which is pretty much all you need to be a seasoned hand on ECW. Chrsitian vs Carlito is a match I'd like to see, so maybe he'll head over there once Christian's programme with Regal finally finishes.

They could even make a storyline how Carlito demanding to be sent to ECW to be with rosa and feud with ryder and maybe a charecter change for one of them ECW needs some new names im sick of Shelton benjamin vs ryder or another tag team match for their main event

I'd honestly prefer they move Carlito to the Unemployment line more than anywhere else. I have never seen such a nobody who is a chronic complainer that gets away with keeping his job at much as he is. It absolutely boggles my mind why they keep him on the roster, and would love to hear the reason why.

I'd honestly prefer they move Carlito to the Unemployment line more than anywhere else. I have never seen such a nobody who is a chronic complainer that gets away with keeping his job at much as he is. It absolutely boggles my mind why they keep him on the roster, and would love to hear the reason why.

Oh, if I was in charge, he'd be one of the first out of the door, seriously, his work ethic is appalling. However, I quite enjoy his in ring work, and I reckon that someone in the higher echelons of the company likes him. Probably not Vince, but one of his in-crowd, because there can pretty much be no other explanation for his booking over the past few years.

Anyone who didn't have their head up their ass during his first two years should know what he's capable of. I say keep him around just for possessing that potential.

Or...actually do something productive with him and put his talents to use. Why can he not be in the position that Yoshi Tatsu is in right now?

I think the only reason why Carlito hasn't been released has something to do with the rumored conversation he had with Vince back when he first debuted, when he told Carlito to "S--c it up". Maybe they're afraid of a potential discriminatory lawsuit against the company. So, rather than have a lawsuit on their hands, let him sit idly until his contract ends.

This comes from F4W. Carlito clearly doesn't care, and there's no reason why the WWE should give less than a shit about giving him a push.

Carlito is presently off television because creative has nothing for him at the moment, reports http://www.f4wonline.com. He has not appeared on television since the September 14th episode of Monday Night Raw.

The impression people have on him is that he doesn't really care anymore, which has been the story of his career. Creative is more interested in spending time with people who are willing to contribute ideas.

If creative has guys pitching ideas, why should they worry about Carlito? Perfect example of a guy who bettered himself by pitching ideas: Zack Ryder. I have a feeling that I already talked about this in another thread, but back when Ryder and Hawkins split from Edge, they were just a generic tag team with no direction. Ryder started the "Woo Woo Woo" catchphrase on the WWE webshows, and I'm sure around this time, he pitched the Long Island Douchebag gimmick, which motivated creative to go ahead and give him a shot on ECW. It's definitely worked so far.

Back when Ziggler first came on the scene, he was a comedy heel, going around and introducing himself to other guys. But he soon developed a mean streak, and that got him over. Now, the stuff where he went around shaking hands is nothing more than a distant memory, as he reinvented the character.

If Carlito cared, and worked hard, he'd be on television. He doesn't care, and rumor has it that he wanted the split with Primo.

I think the only reason why Carlito hasn't been released has something to do with the rumored conversation he had with Vince back when he first debuted, when he told Carlito to "S--c it up". Maybe they're afraid of a potential discriminatory lawsuit against the company. So, rather than have a lawsuit on their hands, let him sit idly until his contract ends.

This is actually the first I've heard of this. WWE being afraid of a potential lawsuit due to some off-color remarks that Vince McMahon made to Carlito earlier on would certainly be a very plausible reason why they keep him around instead of firing him.

It simply makes no sense at all why the company would actually keep him around, given his piss poor work ethic and chronic complaining .... unless there is a reason as to why.

Do you have any more information pertaining to this?

Yeah, it actually comes from former WWE writer Dan Madigan (who was also the writer of "See No Evil"). I'm posting the quote as-is, so that the impact of what Vince said to him is quite clear.

"I remember when I was working with Carlito [Puerto Rican wrestler Carlos Colon] when he just started. Vince wanted to talk to him to get to know him, and I was asked to attend the meeting to help work out a character. So we're there, Carlito's talking to him, just a normal conversation; Carlito comes from a normal background, has money. He speaks well. Vince interrupts Carlito mid-sentence and says to him, 'Hey, can you spic it up some? Y'know spic it up when you talk?' I look at Vince, this billionaire who just asked some Puerto Rican employee to 'spic it up' right to his face, and I just look at Carlito and say, 'Yeah, spic it up' like it was a joke," says Madigan, laughing. "Vince's image of a Puerto Rican was a Puerto Rican pimp. How out of touch do you have to be to not realize you could get in trouble for that?"

Vince is the head of a major publicly traded company. A major discriminatory lawsuit where there's already been plenty of accusations of racism in the company to begin with would be a public relations nightmare for Vince. I'm sure there would be plenty of ex-wrestlers with an axe to grind with Vince that would come out of the woodwork to corroborate the story.

NO. I really, really dont get what the hell is so special about this guy. Average mic skills, average entertainment vallue, decent wrestling ability. But a dozen of other wrestlers have these qualities too. I say fire the guy. He had some momentum with the Tag Team adventure but that ended up horrible. Maybe they could use him in TNA or something because there is no room for him in the WWE.

I think Carlito has loads of potential like anyone else...but that describes a lot of the guys on the roster now who are really doing nothing: Charlie Haas, Paul Burchill, Carlito's brother Primo, and the usual suspects.

Carlito needs to step it up and quit whining. I think a lot of his arrogance and attitude comes from the fact that he is from a wrestling family with a solid history. He is talented, and can make a name for himself, if he would just drop the attitude and start caring about his career.

A move to ECW would work for him. Have him win the belt (eventually, not right away, after he proves his worth), and essentially take the place of Christian...taking on all the up-and-comers. Perhaps seeing these young guns who are hungry and willing to prove themselves for a spot, will help Carlito realize perhaps he is not entitled to anything.

Say the stuff about McMahon fearing a lawsuit if he releases Carlito is true. Yes, that is messed up, but Carlito cannot use that as a crutch every time he decides to not give a shit.

Isn't Carlito like an eleven-time world champion already? What does remaining with WWE actually give him? Being a main eventer in a mediocre promotion pays better than being a jobber in WWE, and in the long run, is probably going to grant more historical importance.

Fair play for Carlito if he's not into being the top WWE guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back