**Merged** Any Miz & Morrison comparisons, correlation, speculations, or discussion

very similar but i dont think niether man will reach the success that the rock and triple h had. wwe will mostly likly drop the ball with miz and morrison. this is the pg era and kids dont want miz as champion and i dont think wwe will put miz over on cena or orton. both men need to switch over to smackdown and maybe they can reach the success that they deserve

I agree with many of the similarities except for the part about top notch mic skills. I'm not trying to be rude but could you explain to me how The Miz is top notch on the mic? To me he is just another Ken Kennedy.

miz suck if you ask me about mic skills...hes not even 50% of The Great One...

This would be a rather good move on WWE's part. Both Miz and Morrison need to be pulled out of the mid card and into the main line. They put Morrison over Sheamus. Miz is MitB. ok he is going to be a WWE champion. He and Morrison need to fight over the WWE championship. They need to do something to keep Orton and Cena out of the WWE championship matches. If you think about it as Miz and Morrison are turning into the new Rock/HHH in some ways Cena's turning into Hulk Hogan and Orton is turning into Stone Cold.

If you look at alot of the wrestlers you can match them up to older ones even the announcers.

A good example, The new US champ. He reminds me of Carlito. thats right I said it!

In a way the parallels are similar, especially since it seems The Miz is primed to jump from midcard to main event just like the Rock did,(albeit that the Rock left the midcard by dropping the belt to HHH) so perhaps in the future Morrison as a heel will confront Miz and feud with him in the main event scene. You never know what will happen though as these things can change quickly.
And on a side note @ masonwade313, The Rock kicked Farooq out of the nation in march of 1998 and was the leader pretty much until they disbanded in about october

I am so tired of these "The Miz is the next ______" threads. The Miz is the next Miz. AND NOTHING ELSE. JUST STOP. HE IS NOT THE NEXT ROCK, HHH, SHAWN MICHAELS, UNDERTAKER, CHRIS JERICHO, JOHN CENA, OR WHATEVER THE HELL ELSE YOU THINK OR COMPARE HIM TO.

He's overrated on the mic, his name is just terrible, he hardly has the look of a champion, his in-ring ability is laughable though improved over the last few years, and he is still yet to have a single memorable match (no... money in the bank was not memorable....). Unfortunately, he has McMahon leached to him and he's going to get a ME push and probably title runs. That does not mean he is the next ______. Cut it out.

btw anyone who says miz has top notch mic skills do not realize that wwe has scripts now everyone is good on the mic now no one really cuts promos anymore.

btw anyone who says miz has top notch mic skills do not realize that wwe has scripts now everyone is good on the mic now no one really cuts promos anymore.

You haven't heard someone like Khali on the mic, have you? Not everyone is a good speaker.

Truth is, JoMo isn't the next Triple H. No where close in this moment in time. He isn't dominating, he isn't over, and he isn't charismatic- or at least charismatic enough to be considered a top superstar like 'H is. I don't see much comparison in the two except they both had valets and their careers are better when they're playing heels.

As for the argument that Miz doesn't have the mic skills like Rock...D'uh. Let's me put that in bold D'uh. Face it; no one is like The Rock and no one ever will be like him again. The Miz is quite over and is doing well for himself compared to JoMo and most of the locker room too. As far os Rock and Miz go they are both brash, arrogant characters with a catchphrase but that's it.

Miz is Miz and he is quite awesome. JoMo is no 'H and isn't really getting over as well as The Game was in this moment of his career.

You haven't heard someone like Khali on the mic, have you? Not everyone is a good speaker.

This makes no since khali does`nt speak good or if any english what are you talking about. i tell you whut besides none english speakers and nxt rookies when was the last time you heard someone do a bad promo in the year 2010. uhhh nobody cause wwe uses scripts now.

This makes no since khali does`nt speak good or if any english what are you talking about. i tell you whut besides none english speakers and nxt rookies when was the last time you heard someone do a bad promo in the year 2010. uhhh nobody cause wwe uses scripts now.

:confused:...I see you are a little hard of understanding. Let me try to put this simply for you then:

You have to speak good to have good mic skills. 1+2=3. Ya with me?

Now Khali can't speak very well, or at least plays a guy that can't speak good. This means he doesn't have good mic skills, alright?

WWE has been scripted since time began. If you didn't know this then I feel sorry for you. Sometimes, like what you're implying but don't know the words to, wrestlers have shoot promos. This means they say whatever they want with simple guidelines. Your posts are irrelevant to the topic since this is about Miz and JoMo, nothing about shoots.

To keep on topic, Miz is being pushed more and more every week, which would imply his career is coming along the lines of a young Rock, it's true. But to compare the superstars now to the superstars then is a little unfair. Rock and 'H are legends. Time will only tell if JoMo and Miz are legends in the making.

:confused:...I see you are a little hard of understanding. Let me try to put this simply for you then:

You have to speak good to have good mic skills. 1+2=3. Ya with me?

Now Khali can't speak very well, or at least plays a guy that can't speak good. This means he doesn't have good mic skills, alright?

WWE has been scripted since time began. If you didn't know this then I feel sorry for you. Sometimes, like what you're implying but don't know the words to, wrestlers have shoot promos. This means they say whatever they want with simple guidelines. Your posts are irrelevant to the topic since this is about Miz and JoMo, nothing about shoots.

To keep on topic, Miz is being pushed more and more every week, which would imply his career is coming along the lines of a young Rock, it's true. But to compare the superstars now to the superstars then is a little unfair. Rock and 'H are legends. Time will only tell if JoMo and Miz are legends in the making.

ok obviously you must be 12 cause wwe was not scipted as in the script promo since the beganning if so ultimate warrior and batista would be good on the mic thats something they prob started up in 2009, so next thing you know your gonna say indy`s script there promos too but i tell you what look into early wwe and see if that is coming from the heart or the script cause anyone could tell you wwe/f didnt script there stuff back then.
but anyways here is what im saying about the miz people are saying hes great on the mic but how are you supposed to know if they script promos nowadays so i cant see him as the rock ion the mic.

I don't agree with your assessment, at all. So oversimplified, your "similarities" between Triple H and Morrison were ridiculously shallow and don't mean anything. "Mocks opponents, cool taunt", come on man this isn't an online dating profile.

As for the feud, I think we'll see it reprised at some point because both guys are moving up right now. I think both will be main eventing next year, and their paths will definitely cross with all the history acknowledged.

OK now this is perhaps one of the most pressing issues in the entire WWE right now because it is all about the flag bearers in the future WWE. The supporting pillars that will hold up the company and interest for the coming generation. We all know the circumstances of their rise to fame, lest youve been in hibernation the last five years or watching jeff jarrett pull a vince mcmahon and make himself the top guy in his own company (separate thread, I must remember).

The critical question which of thses two guys will be bigger in the long run. As sub heading you may want to consider:

1) The past careers of these guys in relation to each other.
2) Who you believe to be more talented in both areas mic work and in-ring ability.
3) Who you think is more suited for the job and why.
4) Who is the better overall package (looks, charisma and memorability)

Of course if you feel like you want to evaluate further on your own sub-classifications feel free. I just felt this thread had to be made official because it is so important, and if it is successful, it may become a weekly thing.

I really don't see how anyone can make a case for Morrison.

Miz is one of the brightest stars in the WWE right now, period. Morrison is not even the best rising star.

In all fairness you did'nt back up your point at all. What you basically just did was say that The Miz is doing well now therefore he will be more successful overall and is better, fancy revising your arguement somewhat because I for example would be one of those guys who would make a case for morrison with sufficient reason

Miz will obviously be the bigger success. The simple reason is because the Miz has just accomplished more, thought to of highly more, and is, quite frankly, better than John Morrison is.

Many people consider John Morrison shit. And it's really not that hard to interpret why they would think that way. Since their break up, John Morrison has litterally done nothing useful. Sure, he's put on a few good matches and won an IC belt, but in the long run, that doesn't compare to anything that would be considered decent enough to say, "DAMN! Look at this guy!" The guy has horrible mic skills, a horrible song and a very boring move-set. While some may have the opinion that his in-ring ability is amazing, the fact of the matter is, it really isn't. It's more boring if anything. I seriously find it hard to sit through one of Morrison's matches without having to yawn.

On the other hand, you have the Miz. Who has been labeled by Vince McMahon himself---the future of the WWE. Basically, his path to the top is already set (unless he gets injured or something). The Miz, unlike Morrison, is not shit. Just think, in the span of a year, the Miz has won the United States championship twice. He has become Unified tag-team champions once. And now, he has even become winner of the MitB ladder match. Quite frankly, the Miz has a lot to brag about. Miz's mic skills are pretty good; his in-ring ability has improved a great amount over time; he even goes out of his way to promote the company outside of WWE territory. It's fairly easy to see that the Miz is viewed highly more by the WWE than they do to Morrison.

In reality, there isn't much comparison between the Miz and John Morrison. Miz has accomplished more than Morrison has. Sure, Morrison is better than Miz at a few things. But overall, Morrison is shit. Miz on the other hand, is not shit; in fact, he's the future poster boy company.

In all fairness this post has been made a thousand times, to indulge you it could go either way. the miz is great on the mic while morrison is great in providing big spots and is usually entertaining. I'll go with the miz because his ring work is better then morrisions mike work

First: This topic's been done quite a few times and it's always come out miz

Second: I still think Miz will amount to more. The guy draws in heat, and he's a very dedicated worker... He's not just some run of the mill jobber. He's this guy who's taken time to mold his craft, make a name for himself, put in the hard work, and prove that this is his passion. Morrison, to me, seems to be stuck between finding a place in the WWE and lost in creative. I'm not saying he can't be successful in the WWE... as I believe he can be a solid mid-carder and become maybe this Generation's rick rude or mr. perfect... but I don't see him holding the big one like I see Miz doing.

Morrison has a good gimmick going and it seems to be changing into a new gimmick with the Parkour. He can work on his mic skills but the Miz is boring to me in the ring . My guess is they both will be the next Shawn Michales and HHH

Miz is the better talker, clearly.

However, to call Morrison "boring in the ring" and talk up Miz's in ring improvements is ridiculous. Morrison is much better in the ring, The Miz has never had a fantastic match with anyone. Simple fact.

In the end it's looking like The Miz but it could swing the other way.

They both of have had great careers as midcareders so far. Morrisons career started off first. He was winning tag and IC titles long before Miz debuted. At the present time Miz has far surpassed Morrison. At one time Morrison would be chosen as a future World champion, Which may still happen. However in my opinion The Miz we'll be a main eventer and WWE champion long before/if Morrison. In the long I think Miz will be a way bigger star.

Miz is the better talker, clearly.

However, to call Morrison "boring in the ring" and talk up Miz's in ring improvements is ridiculous. Morrison is much better in the ring, The Miz has never had a fantastic match with anyone. Simple fact.

In the end it's looking like The Miz but it could swing the other way.

Simple fact? In who's definition has Miz never had a fantastic match? Dave Meltzer?

How about Miz vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship at Cyber Sunday 2007? Or Miz vs. Daniel Bryan for the United States title at Night of Champions 2010? Miz vs. Randy Orton on Raw a few months ago? Hell, Miz even found a way to make R-Truth matter for a few weeks. And to say he's not had a fantastic match? Really?

Morrison's work in the ring is sloppy at best and completely unsafe. He's been carried for longer than anyone could imagine, or do you forget that he's now ridden the coat tails of two partners and Melina to make him worth anything?

Sorry but all of Morrison's chances at the top were missed when he had all of the moment after Miz and Morrison split up but he let it go down the drain by not speaking up for himself or showing much dedication. Miz, on the other hand, has put himself out in Public eye so much with his own money even that he has cemented himself a spot to Cena's right hand which we all know is two seats down from Vince's left and for Miz.

Simple fact? In who's definition has Miz never had a fantastic match? Dave Meltzer?

How about Miz vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship at Cyber Sunday 2007? Or Miz vs. Daniel Bryan for the United States title at Night of Champions 2010? Miz vs. Randy Orton on Raw a few months ago? Hell, Miz even found a way to make R-Truth matter for a few weeks. And to say he's not had a fantastic match? Really?

Morrison's work in the ring is sloppy at best and completely unsafe. He's been carried for longer than anyone could imagine, or do you forget that he's now ridden the coat tails of two partners and Melina to make him worth anything?

Sorry but all of Morrison's chances at the top were missed when he had all of the moment after Miz and Morrison split up but he let it go down the drain by not speaking up for himself or showing much dedication. Miz, on the other hand, has put himself out in Public eye so much with his own money even that he has cemented himself a spot to Cena's right hand which we all know is two seats down from Vince's left and for Miz.

Morrison is sloppy in the ring? You're talking about the same John Morrison that is in the WWE? He's not that sloppy. I'll grant you, he's had some bad days before, but in general, he's pretty good. The WWE limits his move set like they do everyone. But in general, Morrison puts on good matches and makes people look good. The Miz only has good matches, when he's wrestling Danielson and let's face it, any of us could have a good match wrestling somebody like Danielson (and I'm guessing most of us don't know how to pro-wrestle).

As far as mic skills go, I'll grant you his promo ability is rather limited. So, why not give him a manager like Abraham Washington or Armando Estrada. If Estrada can get somebody like Umaga over, he can get Morrison to the main event.

Miz will obviously be the bigger success.

I don't disagree here. I can't imagine a future WWE where The Miz isn't one of the top stars of the company.

Many people consider John Morrison shit.

Who are you speaking for besides yourself?

Since their break up, John Morrison has litterally done nothing useful.

It has only been a year and a half and thus not much time to form any legitimate conclusion.

Consider: John Morrison and The Miz split up in April 2009. Morrison won the Intercontinental Championship in September 2009, less than a half year later. The Miz didn't win the U.S. Championship until October 2009.

Consider: The Rockers broke up in December 1991. Shawn Michaels didn't win his first WWF singles title until the October 27, 1992 Saturday Night's Main Event 10 months later. A year and a half after Michaels split from Jannetty, the only other title he won was the Intercontinental Championship for the second time with the help of Diesel, and that was pretty much right at the eighteen month mark. It wasn't until almost two and a half years after he became a singles wrestler that Michaels even had the historic ladder match against Razor Ramon in which he failed to win a third Intercontinental Championship.

The guy has horrible mic skills,

Agreed.

a horrible song

While I'm not a huge fan of the song, it undeniably fits his character (at least the character he started with since he now seems to have much more of an edge) and gets the fans going.

and a very boring move-set. While some may have the opinion that his in-ring ability is amazing, the fact of the matter is, it really isn't. It's more boring if anything. I seriously find it hard to sit through one of Morrison's matches without having to yawn.

I'm willing to bet there are exponentially more fans who would say that about The Miz than about Morrison. There really isn't a comparison as far as in-ring ability goes: Morrison absolutely destroys The Miz with a far more exciting, varied and interesting set of moves.

Of course, one could certainly argue that it makes him more of a spot machine and less of a storyteller in the ring. I would agree with an assessment like that: The Miz is a better storyteller which ultimately is going to give his matches more emotion.

As far as technical and physical ability, though, it's tough to legitimately state that Morrison sucks and actually be taken seriously.

On the other hand, you have the Miz. Who has been labeled by Vince McMahon himself---the future of the WWE. Basically, his path to the top is already set (unless he gets injured or something).

Vince had the same hopes and ambitions for Mr. Kennedy and the far more inferior Drew McIntyre. Hell, Vince IN CHARACTER and ON SCREEN said he was a future World Champion. I'd be surprised to hear anybody say that they thought McIntyre would ever go far in this company at this point.

Miz's mic skills are pretty good;

Pretty good? The Miz's mic skills are, as he puts it, awesome. He's a future cornerstone of the company pretty much from this alone. His in-ring skills aren't anything special, but then neither were The Rock's... and a movie reviewer wrote about Bruce Willis's new film Red, Hulk Hogan had to take steroids just to be mediocre.

his in-ring ability has improved a great amount over time;

That's nothing less than hyperbole. He's definitely better than he was before, but he definitely has not improved "a great amount."

It's fairly easy to see that the Miz is viewed highly more by the WWE than they do to Morrison.

Of course.

In reality, there isn't much comparison between the Miz and John Morrison. Miz has accomplished more than Morrison has.

That's actually not a true statement at all. You may have forgotten that Morrison had a career long before anyone even heard of The Miz.

Morrison: Three time tag champ as part of MNM (with the first title reign starting in his debut match with WWE), two time I-C champ, ECW champ, two time tag champ with The Miz, I-C champ after split.

Miz: Two time tag champ with The Miz, two time tag champ with The Big Show, two time U.S. champ, MITB winner.

Morrison has an extra tag team championship reign, an extra mid card title reign, and an ECW reign (which admittedly can be considered just another mid card title reign) compared to The Miz winning the MITB.

As far as actual accomplishments thus far, Morrison is more than noticeably ahead although I agree that The Miz has a brighter future.

He's been carried for longer than anyone could imagine, or do you forget that he's now ridden the coat tails of two partners and Melina to make him worth anything?

That's as asinine a statement as I've read in these forums in a long time. I don't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but to say that he rode anyone's coat tails is idiotic at best.

In both tag teams that Morrison has been a part of, he was the stronger member. That's plain, simple fact that you can verify by going back and actually looking at the tag matches.

The Miz has certainly been much better since their split, but think back not that long ago when The Miz had to actually protest his categorization as "the Jannetty" on live television. Most fans and people in the industry have been surprised that The Miz is the one looking like gold - most expected Morrison to soar while The Miz remained in the mid card and now it looks like the opposite will occur.

Miz, on the other hand, has put himself out in Public eye so much with his own money even that he has cemented himself a spot to Cena's right hand which we all know is two seats down from Vince's left and for Miz.

What the hell does that even mean? How much of his own money do you think The Miz has spent in WWE? The company has paid for EVERYTHING, obviously - THEY'RE the ones who stand to benefit from everything The Miz does.

Of course, John Morrison is a lot better than the Miz by a long shot. I don't know what is so special about the Miz why WWE is pushing this guy. The Miz is an actor not a wrestler. He is boring in the ring. On the other side, JOMO is very athletic and can do moves that the Miz can't do like the starship pain and that flip finisher he did to beat Tyson Kidd. That was awesome! Now tell me if Miz can do that spectacular move. WWE need not to waste their time pushing the Miz because he is going nowhere. They need to spend more efforts in pushing a better athlete. I'll put my money on John Morrison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back