**Merged** Any Miz & Morrison comparisons, correlation, speculations, or discussion

You say he hasn't been given the oppurtunities the Miz has. Ok, granted, but I say, he hasn't done SHIT with the oppurtunities he HAS been given.

I firmly believe that if Morrison was given the role Miz got and was allowed to be a natural heel, he'd be in the main event now. For being given a generic face role, Morrison has done great with it by doing the only thing he really can - put on great matches. Put Miz in that position where he doesn't get the opportunity to have lengthy mic segments and out of ring screen time, and he bombs completely. He is average at best in the ring, and whereas Morrison has had no other choice to get over with in ring work (which he has done a decent job on) given the same limited options, Miz would be in comedy segments with Kahli and Hornswoggle by now.

Well, I won't say he has no star power, but the pretty boy cool guy gimmick sucks as a face. I mean, if this were 10-15 years back you may as well have had JoMo in a surfer gimmick. And worry not, H3BK, I will gladly assist you in defending The Miz on the mic compared to attitude, though I will poke in the caveat that Cena before going face with his marky mark gimmick totally worked.

Wait ....I actually take that back. He had a few good freestyles and promos, but it really was just kind of a bland tough guy 'haha on you' vibe. Ok, yeah. Miz is primed to be the best on the mic since attitude. Wait, Edge was pretty good during the Edge, Hardy, Lita stuff. But, that was very specified. What works for Miz is that he's just good with words, no matter what he's talking about.

But I will NOT defend his heel outfit (I miss the capris) nor will I ever....eeeever defend his mock rap. He's just....so white.

I firmly believe that if Morrison was given the role Miz got and was allowed to be a natural heel, he'd be in the main event now. For being given a generic face role, Morrison has done great with it by doing the only thing he really can - put on great matches. Put Miz in that position where he doesn't get the opportunity to have lengthy mic segments and out of ring screen time, and he bombs completely. He is average at best in the ring, and whereas Morrison has had no other choice to get over with in ring work (which he has done a decent job on) given the same limited options, Miz would be in comedy segments with Kahli and Hornswoggle by now.

Ok, but my rebuttal is this: JoMo as a heel would still HAVE to rely on in ring ability to get over. He doesn't have the natural ability on the mic. He, quite honestly is boring as shit. Not so much in the ring, although he is over rated on these boards. Miz certainly could have flopped as a face, sure. But he also may have still shined if he figured out a way to showcase his natural charisma. If he was able to use his natural charisma and cut comedy promos on the biggest heels, he could have made it work. Look at the way he ripped Sheamus a couple of weeks ago, you telling me he couldn't have played that type of face? He most certainly would do a better job than fucking Morrison. I agree that JoMo hasn't been handed a main event career on a silver platter, but he hasn't done anything with what he's been given.

Well, I won't say he has no star power, but the pretty boy cool guy gimmick sucks as a face. I mean, if this were 10-15 years back you may as well have had JoMo in a surfer gimmick. And worry not, H3BK, I will gladly assist you in defending The Miz on the mic compared to attitude, though I will poke in the caveat that Cena before going face with his marky mark gimmick totally worked.

Wait ....I actually take that back. He had a few good freestyles and promos, but it really was just kind of a bland tough guy 'haha on you' vibe. Ok, yeah. Miz is primed to be the best on the mic since attitude. Wait, Edge was pretty good during the Edge, Hardy, Lita stuff. But, that was very specified. What works for Miz is that he's just good with words, no matter what he's talking about.

But I will NOT defend his heel outfit (I miss the capris) nor will I ever....eeeever defend his mock rap. He's just....so white.

I'm glad you agree with me to a certain extent. Granted Cena has done some great things, others were pretty corny though. I FUCKING HATED the Miz his first few years, HATED. I thought his wrestling was shit and he was some pussy from reality T.V. But God Damnit if he hasn't won me over and turned me into a total mark. He is pure gold on the Mic. Every time he is on RAW I pay full attention to what he is saying. He just "draws" me in, which "draws" money. Bottom Line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bGAqR6If-0&feature=related

this is proof that morrison has promo skills, and that was a long time ago, he has only gotten better, but hes only good AS A HEEL,
you ask us whether if their roles were reversed if they would be in the same place, no, morrison would be higher than the miz and the miz would be lower than morrison, but their roles are going to interchange anyways so who cares

Yeah I said that from the get go Morrison should have stayed a heel or at least allow him to keep the cocky Rick Rude/early Rock character....He has struggled in his promos as a face but he was hilarious during all those Dirt Sheet segments and I thought was superior to Miz. But somehow he's a taken a step back.

Both Guys were heels in ECW, so making one a face wouldnt suit them straight away...yeah JoMo has 'Tried' to make his face turn work (R-Truth team, Pyro, random beard he has now) but the way that they both were in ECW, Miz would either be in constant scenarios with The Bellas and Hornswoggle or 'Future Endevoured'.
I couldnt see The Miz And JoMo swapping places, id rather see them both as heels (not as a team, it would bring Miz back down), it could be the better thing for The Shaman...I'm Just Sayin...

To answer this question, Morrison would probably have either won the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania's MitB by now, b/c he is just that damn good. Also, would have at least been in 3 ppv world title matches. Here's why.

I get angry that everyone complains about his face mic skills. Did everyone forget about him nicknaming Dolph Ziggler "Mr. Ziggles" during their feud? How about before "Bragging Rights", when he was insulting The Miz by calling him Mizzy Jannety and he was awesome (in a nice high-pitched voice. His best ever, when he dressed up like Braveheart and messed with Drew McIntyre, nobody ever even mentions. Those are just 3 examples.

As for him floundering in mid-card territory, well. 1. He beat CM Punk TWICE, clean, when Punk was champion. 2. Had one of his and Jeff Hardy's best matches ever after "Night of Champions" 2009, which was a title match. And 3, just before being drafted to RAW, he was in a feud with champion Jack Swagger, whom he beat once. He was definetly an inch away from permanent Main Event status.

In closing, the major proof is, either way, face or heel, Miz would definetly not have had a DVD put out. Morrison would have, regardless. Morrison, if he had stayed on Smackdown, would be much higher than the Miz now.

At first i was a huge supporter of Morrison when he finished tagging with Miz. I thought that he would slowly but surely take those steps to get into the main event scene. But now he's just fading into obscurity quickly.

Don't get me wrong, he's still very exciting in the ring and a feud with Miz would be awesome but then the Miz would end up carrying the segment portions of the feud with his mic work which Morrison is sorely lacking.

But as of now a feud couldn't happen with them because Miz is with the top stars of Raw while Morrison is floating in the mid-card. So unless creative decides to be serious with him again this feud isn't happening

Mz and Morrison were a great team that had a lot of chemistry. When they were team everybody [including myself] thought Morrison was going to be the star and Miz wouldn't be nothing more than mid card. So if Miz and Morrison were never a team what would have happened?

Would Miz still be awsome? Would Morrison still be a heel? Would Morrison be the breakout star. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying Morrison will never amount to anything but you can clearly tell WWE cares more about The Miz than John Morrison.

Miz benefited way more than John Morrison from the team just like Morrison did when he was with Mercury. So what do you think would have happened if these two future stars were never a team?

I think Miz wouldn't have become as good as he has become. I believe if it wasn't for Morrison Miz would get nowhere and Morrison would be the one having a huge heel push right now.

So tonight, we saw JOMO compete in a very good match against the reigning champion Sheamus. While watching this match, I have to admit that I really thought that JOMO was going to pull the upset here earning his spot in the six-pack challenge. However, this was not the case because Jericho (love him or hate him) would ruin John's dream of getting a chance to main event at NOC. Even though JOMO did not get the win here, he put on a great match and I think his time of being in the main event is coming real soon.

Anyway, after them announcing that if JOMO wins tonight he would compete in the 6-pack challenge, I thought wow I can actually predict what might happen here. Here is what I thought: Morrison would somehow win against Sheamus tonight (interference or whatever) and compete in the 6-pack challenge. Morrison pulls out the upset at NOC becoming the new WWE Champion. Because Miz would have lost the US title and has been teasing that Morrison has faded away and he is better than Morrison, Miz grows jealous of JOMO and takes away JOMO'S moment by cashing in his MITB briefcase becoming the new WWE champion only because Morrison was beaten down.

Now, this way would have instantly elevate both guys to main event status. Would this route have worked?

Well first off let me say im completely sick of all these miz threads that were created today. second let me say im sick of the miz and morrison threads always created. But i will humor you and wont be an asshole. I think the miz still would have received the push he is getting today. He carried the team as far as promos, while Morrison carried them with the wrestling skills. I doubt much of Miz's success today has a lot to do with morrison. Ya its a factor, but i really think he got over on his own and they could have easily gotten to where he is today without JoMo. As far as JoMo goes, its hard to say. I used to have high hopes for him (like everyone else), but now hes pretty much classified in the categories of the great khali and santino (ok maybe not that far you know what i mean.) WWE does nothing but job him out and dont seem to know how to build him. I know he got a win over jericho, but really does that mean anything now? Bourne beat jericho wheres bourne at? But i think morrison may have been a little more successful had he never been with Miz. The tag team benefited miz in more ways then morrison. For reasons Ill never understand. Ya morrison sucks on the stick, but hes far from the worse, I dont give a shit when the superstars talk i watch to watch them wrestle and thats what morrison is good at. Miz just talks and while he has interesting promos he cant wrestle for shit. Ok ill stop saying wrestle and start saying working a match because its sports entertainment not "wrestling" and people complain about cena having shit for moves. The only moves i remember miz doing in a match is that flying clothesline into the corner and the skull crushing finale.

miz is getting the push now but after the past few weeks of raw i see hope for morrison. he had a great match with the wwe champ sheamus tonight and almost made it into the 6 pack challege. morrison will get his chance. perhaps a move back to smackdown or miz moving to smackdown would help him. on raw he is kind of stuck in miz's shadow. as everyone points out miz his being pushed and morrison isnt. this aint a bad thing. morrison will get the the ME. wwe just waiting for the right spot

Morrison isn't terrible though. If anything he is the top mid carder of the business along with kofi kingston. Either of them can be champ with in the next year just not now.

I think the miz still would have received the push he is getting today.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Miz was actually on the future endeavored list before The Miz/Morrison team. That tag team literally saved his career.

And as far as Miz benefitting from the team more than Morrison, of course he did. The team was a step down for Morrison

With all the heels in the wrestling world...wouldnt The Miz just as easily team with someone else? Point is no matter who you are or what you did, if the WWE thinks that a superstar is IT then they will take him to the top.

I agree it was a very solid match. It could also set up a JoMo Jericho feud which would be pretty entertaining because last year these guys had a great series of matches on superstars and Smackdown. We know Jericho doesnt mind putting people over this could be JoMo's big break.

No this wouldn't work because Raw already has enough main-eventers. Guys like Morrison and Miz are in a crowded air-space. Yes Miz will become a WWE Champion eventually but now is too soon.

Miz is pathetic and makes me sick, i literally turn the channel when i hear his entrance. Anyways i thought morrison wouldve won earlier, when he hit the cross body off of the titantron, i thought he had won the match. He wouldve been great in the 6 pack, but hes still stuck on the verge.

I was totally thinking Morrison would win the spot in the Six Pack Challenge throughout the match. I mean he had a big match with the WWE Champion and really held his own. Hell they put a little more camera time on him when he was doing his parkour thing. But like Mikey said, the main event picture is too crowded on RAW. Give a little time, maybe when Jericho leaves and if Edge really does get sent back to SD and guys like Morrison and Miz could take their places and have an uninterrupted time in the main event picture.

As a huge Jericho mark (obviously) I'm really happy, but after reading your idea (the OP of this thread) I really dig it. Morrison-Miz would be a good (maybe brief) feud for the world title. I would love it if Morrison won at NOC because it would be considered a surprise, much like Sheamus winning the title against John Cena in a tables match out of no where. You could have Morrison picking up a pinfall out of no where like Sheamus did when he won the title at fatal 4 way with Nexus interfering.

I am glad Jericho is in the match though, anytime he's on the card or in the main event, I'm going to watch the PPV, he's just that entertaining to me. I can also see maybe John Morrison having to do something with the 6 pack challenge, maybe taking part in having Y2J eliminated from the match. This could set up a Morrison-Jericho feud, and I would love to see that feud as they both put on good matches (Especially together). Now a poster mentioned how Y2J wouldn't mind putting people over, this is true, but I dislike how Jericho loses EVERYTIME just to put someone over. In fact, I expect him to lose now, so it is never a surprise if the person he is putting over wins, so really...is it still considered putting someone over?

but I didn't catch that much of Raw tonight, but is the stipulation still on? (Jericho leaves he's out of the WWE).

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this match made with JoMo and Shamus. This would of been perfect for Miz to get into the spotlight. Theres only two problems with this scenario though.

1. JoMo is not WHC/ WWE Championship material. He cant cut a promo and hes not ready to for the Main Event.

2. The Miz is feuding with DB and with the amount of attention its getting, WWE might extend this rivalry.

To be quite honest, I think JoMo is going to be a permanent Mid Carder unless he gets a serious character revamp. He's just to pretty and doesnt have that killer instinct. I hate the fact that people compare him to young HBK. HBK has the "it" factor while JoMo cant even cut a decent promo. I must admit he does have the ring ability.

yes it would have elevated both guys into ME status but where would sheamus,orton,cena,edge,jericho and any other ME players go if there was a feud between miz and morrison for the wwe title? the ME scene is a little too crowded right now but maybe later good idea though

I'm glad JoMo is finally getting a push. I don't see them putting the belt on him though. He still needs some work, but he has been very entertaining the past few weeks. He is undoubtedly one of the most athletic guys on the roster. I think if he was moved to Smackdown he could be a ME over there, but RAW is definately too crowded for him to succeed for long.

I thought JoMo vs. Sheamus last night was great and it would have been nice to see Morrison in the six pack challenge at Night of Champions. However, I pretty much knew that Jericho would interfere and ultimately cost Morrison the match. In the long run, however, I think this was the right move to make for Morrison.

With his clean win over Chris Jericho last week, John Morrison looked better than he ever has since coming to Raw. Couple that with his performance last night against Sheamus, then it at least looks as if Morrison's career is back on track and is gaining a lot of steam quickly. However, Morrison doesn't have enough steam right now to be looked at legitimately as being a threat in the six pack challenge match for the WWE Championship. I know that Jericho probably wouldn't have a much better chance of winning than Morrison, but Jericho is still Jericho and that makes him much bigger than Morrison. Morrison has had a great couple of weeks, but it's going to take more than that.

Now, we still don't know what's up with Jericho. Since he's back in the main event at NOC, there was no longer any mention of him quitting if he lost. So, maybe he has resigned with the WWE or has agreed to some sort of extension. If that is indeed the case, then I fully expect John Morrison to feud with Jericho, maybe even causing him to get eliminated in the six pack challenge at NOC. A feud with Jericho would definitely be a step in the right direction in terms of Morrison becoming a serious player again. There's nobody in wrestling today that's as good at putting people over as Chris Jericho and still look like a superstar doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back