Meltdown 128: John Doe vs. Mikey Stormrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days after Ascension 104...

John kneels in front of the altar in the bowels of the Trinity stronghold. He is shirtless, sweat flowing from his body like water from a faucet. His breathing is heavy and quick. Chastity flings open the heavy wooden door, letting in a burst of light.

Chastity: There you are! What the hell is going on? The place looks like a bomb has gone off, and Ramparte is nowhere to be found. I tried asking that strange girl that shadows him, but she started babbling about manga again. You need to come upstairs! Now!

John closes his eyes and meditates for a moment, and his breathing noticeably slows. He rises to his feet in one motion, and in this new light, blood can be seen dripping from his fists.

Chastity: Oh my god! What happened? Are you okay?

John Doe: Never better.

John walks past her without another word, and heads for the left-open door. As he passes the final rows of pews, Chastity calls out to him.

Chastity: That...That's it? No acknowledgement of anything I said? This place is falling apart from the inside, and needs a sign of stability. From you. From you, John!

John Doe: The physical appearance of this place is my own doing. I finished my match with Eve, and called her out on her lies. I told her what I needed to tell her, to get her to fight me at her most truthful. I went back to the locker room, collected my belongings, and came back here. I met with Ramparte. He never spoke, but he let me now his displeasure in raising the ire of his former compatriot. He's gone to do his own research for his own battle.

Chastity: Yeah...I've noticed he's having a bit of an issue speaking as of late...

John Doe: I waited here, at this altar, as I've done since we moved here, waiting for guidance from my father.

Chastity: Oh...John...I'm sorry...

John lets out a louder-than-usual laugh at Chastity's apology. He slowly takes a seat in the pew next to him and abruptly stops laughing. He runs his fingernails over his head before rubbing his temples and dropping his hands into his lap. He raises his face to meet her gaze again.

John Doe: What's there to be sorry about?

Chastity: He's gone. He hasn't checked back in since...I can't recall, and he's not here when you need him most, heading into the most important match of your career.

John Doe: You see? That's where your wrong. When you share a connection, like the Trinity does, like I do with my father, he is always there. You may not sense it right now, but he is here with me. I searched this whole place looking for answers as to where he was, and why he wasn't by my side right now, before I came to that realization.

Chastity thinks back to the destruction in the dwelling upstairs, and falls into the pew next to hear to hide her shaking legs. The overturned tables and busted stained glass windows that littered the entirety of the floor couldn't have been done by one man; not in the short amount of time since she had last seen John.

John Doe: This match with Mikey...It's a test. A test from my father, because if I can beat one of his challengers, I can dispatch Eve with ease. I've passed every test put before me, and I will pass this one now.

Chastity: John...your father...Dr. Zeus...he's not here...and the last time this happened, he didn't return for a very long time.

John jumps to his feet once again, slamming his fist against the seat back in front of him.

John Doe: HE IS HERE!

The echo is so loud it can be physically felt through Chastity's bones. She nearly fell back out of her sit at the outburst, and though she does her best to maintain her composure, the fear in her eyes is telling.

John rushes to her side, and takes her face in her hands, and speaks in a whisper, mere inches from her face.

John Doe: I'm sorry, Chas, but my father is here. You need to trust me. He's in the walls, and inside of me, and that is enough to help me against Mikey. You'll see. I'm going to tear him apart, piece by piece, and leave nothing to appear at Gold Rush. Then, Eve will be my next conquest. Her mask, her beauty, and her title.

Chastity: I'm sorry, John, but he really is gone...

Chastity slides to the floor, curling into a ball and covering her face as her tears crash into the dusty floor, forming miniature windows to the woodwork below it.

John stands over her for a moment, shaking his head violently. Without offering a single word of comfort, he turns and leaves, slamming the door behind him.

Minutes before the match...

John is kneeling in front of a foot locker, emptying it's contents wildly around the room. From behind the lid, all that can be seen is his arms moving wildly as shirts and random objects go sailing towards their respective corners of the otherwise empty room.

John Doe: It's missing! It's been stolen!

In seemingly one fluid motion, John moves to his feet and throws the trunk itself against the wall. It crumbles on impact, the metal framework bending into a mangled mess as the wooden pieces splinter between them.

John Doe: Where's my mask? AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Before the search can continue...

[YOUTUBE]h_cfMTFebaE[/YOUTUBE]​

John Doe: No! There needs to be more time! I can't go out there without it!

???: Without your mask, this test you must now pass
Rain down brimstone and hellfire, kick his ass!

"Matt you are killing me with these workout."

I fell onto the floor of the gym, trying to catch my breath.

"Constantine will literally kill you to get that World Title back, so you need to be in top form."

I picked myself up off the floor and waddled over to a nearby water bottle.

"I have a surprise for you this week though. I brought in a former World Champion to help you not only beat Constantine, but to help you beat John Doe and Zeus. The Trinity is no joke."

"I had sex with a stripper named Trinity once."

Matt shook his head before he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"That should be him now."

At the same time I pulled out my phone, my mother was calling me again. I sent the call to voicemail. Just then the gym went dark, save for a single light above the entrance. Suddenly the gym PA started to blast out music.

[YOUTUBE]9yRme0C2pmI[/YOUTUBE]​

Then in stepped the most swagtastic champion of all time.

Image-Of-John-Morrison.png

I hadn't seen Ricky since he dawned a mask and became El Swago, the most swaggin' luchador of all time. We greeted each other with a hug.

"Swiggity Swag."

"What's up Ricky?"

"Swiggity Swooty, I'm here for the booty."

I looked over to Matt, who was shaking his head, instantly regretting what he had done.

"I hear you are in need of some training to fight John Doe. It just so happens that I have extensive history fighting masked men."

"You are also a former World Champion, and I need that expertise."

"Yeah, his next few matches are going to be some of the toughest of his career. He needs all the help he can get, even if it comes from you Ricky.

"Well as the most swagtastic champion of all time, I can definitely help out. Just let me grab some things from my car."

Ricky went to the parking lot to his car.

"Look, I know I need to train, but are you sure that Ricky Runn is the best choice?"

"He was all I could get on short notice. He beat did win the first ever Gold Rush tournament, and managed to beat Barbosa for the title, so he isn't all bad."

"He also jumped off the titantron to beat him, he is fucking mental."

"Coming from you, that says a lot."

My phone was ringing again, and again it was my mother. I didn't have time to talk to her so I ignored the call and put my phone in a nearby locker just as the lights in the gym went dark again, save the one light by the entrance.

[YOUTUBE]9yRme0C2pmI[/YOUTUBE]​

Ricky made his way back in, soaking in the sudden applause that seemed to come from nowhere, only this time he was carrying two kendo sticks and a mask.

"What the hell is he doing?"

"I don't know. You brought him here."

Ricky made his way toward Matt and I.

"You ninjas ever see Star Wars?"

I scoffed.

"Have I seen Star Wars? Is the Pope Catholic?"

"Actually the pope is a giant lizard in disguise, but that is beside the point."

Matt rolled his eyes. For once I was glad someone else was the cause of his ire.

"So remember when Obi Wan Kenobi taught Luke to use The Force by blindfolding him and having him fight a training droid?"

As he was talking, he handed me one of the kendo sticks.

"Same concept. I'll be Obi Wan, and you be Luke. Oh, I almost forgot."

Ricky then placed the mask on my face. It was latex and smelled of corn starch and lube, I was afraid to ask where it had been. I adjusted the mask to fit properly, only I couldn't see out of it.

"Uhhh, Ricky, I can't see out of this thing."

"Exactly!"

With that Ricky hit me with a kendo stick across the side.

"What the hell man?"

"Use The Force, fatty!"

He smacked me again, this time across the chest.

"Come on, block me, hit me back."

He hit me again, and I swung wildly, accidentally hitting Matt in the process.

"Watch out, I'm just an innocent bystander."

Matt backed away as Ricky swung at me again. He continued to swing at me for what felt like hours. Eventually music began to play as Ricky swung his stick and hit me, my blocking being futile.

[YOUTUBE]vK4gv11PTI8[/YOUTUBE]​

Eventually I began to block some of Ricky's shots, and hit him back with some of my own. Slowly but surely I was making progress until I was blocking each of Ricky's shots, and hitting him with each of my own.

"We are finished, your training is complete."

I tried to remove the mask but it was stuck. Matt came over and gave it a tug, but no luck. Eventually Ricky and Matt both pulled and were able to get it off.

"Now nothing John Doe throws at you will work. You know what it is like to be the man behind the mask."

Just then my phone began to ring again. Frustrated I went to check it, again it was my mother, so I answered.

"What Mom?!?"

"Mr. Brown, this is Sheriff Striker of the Indiana State Police. I regret to inform you that your mother has been killed in a car accident."

I dropped my phone and I sank against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back