Meltdown 128: Matt Tastic vs. Vee A.D.Z. (Gold Rush)

Status
Not open for further replies.
18th March 2016…

???: Come on, Mate! You can’t repeat that again! It’s dreadful that you hadn’t learned from the other night! You should’ve altered at least a shred of what has been costing your team the game!

The voice that echoes through the room seems to be quite livid of something. It’s the voice of Vee A.D.Z. He has been sitting there for awhile; watching the league match of World Cup T20 Cricket between his home team England and South Africa. He is certainly furious of the way British Lads are playing.

Vee: Someone please tell him! You can’t force the captain to change his strategy for your poor bowling!

His Girlfriend Sara has accompanied him in the sofa. Even though she isn’t a great fan of cricket, she does share a considerable amount of passion in watching World Cup games, that too with her dear Boyfriend Vee.

Sara: I don’t see any trouble in his bowling. He seems to be moving the ball off the pitch or something. Like swinging wooosh.

Vee: Sporadic Cricket fan’s comment that is. It’s not swinging the ball, it’s seaming. There’s a huge difference between them both hunny. He is seaming the ball well but his line and length are just dreadful.

Sara looks perplexed for a moment before she tugs her falling hair behind her ears before continue eating her popcorn.

Sara: I don’t see the difference. But it’s alright, you can continue with the game. Go on.

Commentator: (Through TV) It’s SIX!!! That’s how the inexperience in the bowling department costed England in the last game and costing tonight as well. You can’t set field for an awful delivery like that. Much props to the batsman, you can’t set field for a shot like that! Brilliant South Africa!

Vee: BUGGER YOU ALL!!

Vee rages off, turns off the TV and put his hands on his face.

Vee: If England are going to lose, it’s not just the loss. Now everyone will point their finger at the “Inexperienced” lads for the whole loss. You know experience doesn’t quantify a person at all the times.

Sara: Are you worrying about being the most inexperienced guy in the Gold Rush tournament?

Vee: I don’t know… Maybe I should go and take a shower rather than watching this game.

Sara: It’s alright hunny, it’s just sport that means you’ve to take it sportively.

Vee: Right…

Sara’s face is filled with concern over her Boyfriend’s uncharacteristic rage and rants. He might sound cocky at times, but he always has been so patient while handling situations. That uncanny behavior of him bothered her more.

Vee walks into the bathroom; gets naked and turns on the shower. The water slowly starts to wet him down completely. He runs fingers through the wet hair which stimulates more water directly through his face.

Vee: (voice-over) I can’t lie to her… Everything I see; it is just filled with my match against Matt Tastic in a few days. Rather than of just experienced, he is a great fighter and been deemed as the person who would rise strongly even from the ashes. After all he is the first ever Grandslam Champion in WZCW; so no wonders.

The warmness of the steam flowing, transfers its heat through the convoluted folds in his brain to reach the cortex, which seems to have awaken up his Subconscious Subordinates. They come uninvited with their canny voices.

Vimal: (voice-over) I reckon it’s more that you worry about Jack Cohen’s commentary of lamenting you being inexperienced and all. He had been comparing you to Little Pipsqueak and a Vicious Attack Dog. I assume his senses are misplaced to compare you to irrelevant subjects.

Vee Alias: (voice-over) Of course you are inexperienced considering the years Matt Tastic has been in the ring. If I could frame a Probability on the hypothesis of the number of Rookies he lost to, with the constraint of the Decider matches, the possibility of you winning seems to be just a fraction.

Vee opens his eyes and the shower of water flowing through his eyelids makes the vision blurry. He just smiles to himself as if the comments of his Subconscious Mateys are just disdain.

Vee: (voice-over) Consider this, I am not going to be up against a Grandslam Champion but against a man who wants to restore his pride by capturing the World Title yet again.

Vimal: (voice-over) That makes it more interesting, more fascinating and even more terrifying.

Vee Alias: (voice-over) But Matt Tastic is facing you, a young lad who wants his name to be established, to win something in his career for the very first time, to show his full potential in front of his fans and prove all his critics wrong. That will make this competition even tough for Matt himself.

Vee: EXACTLY!

He turns off the shower and dries himself up with a soft Turkey towel before wrapping it around his waist and walks to the living room where Sara is still watching the game. She notices him standing behind and turns her in his direction and beams at him.

Sara: ENGLAND WON THE GAME!!!!

Vee: Really?? They left themselves with a Herculean task and how did they even come over that??

Vee looks extremely surprised of the result and increase the volume of the TV to hear the Post Match Presentation.

England Captain: Will take a lot of confidence from tonight. Did a lot of things right. Started well with the bat and finished well with the ball. The game nowadays is asking a lot of questions from the bowlers as the batsmen are finding new ways to score. Sometimes, the simple plans are the best.

South Africa Captain: We've played this game long enough to know that no score is unchaseable and that was the message to the bowlers that we needed to start with intensity and try and get a wicket or two, England played brilliantly and very aggressively in the first six and took the game away from us but there were a lot of extras from our side
Vee rubs his jaw whilst listening so keenly to the Captain’s comments.

Vee: It emphasis something very strongly, doesn’t it? Simple plans are the best, that’s what the English Captain’s comment was. For which the South African Captain quoted, England played brilliantly and aggressively.

Sara: And what are trying to say from that?

Vee: If I start my match intensively and aggressively whilst keeping the plans simple and not intricate, it will certainly intimidate my opponent and regardless of who I am going to face in the further matches of Gold Rush, they will lose the plot!

Sara: Much like that. Don’t complex yourself with this match. You’re left with a Himalayan task of course, but if and when you keep the plans simple and aggressive and when you show your full intensity, you can win the Gold rush!

Vee: Everything seemed to have gone perfect for England Team except for one thing. It is a huge irony.

Sara: What is it?

Vee: England Cricket Team captain is an Irish…

Sara: Ah they have four South African Born players, a Pakistani and an Indian in their team. Considering the Number of players in a Cricket team is just 11, They’re much like a League of Nations.

The screen fades off as they both look at each other with no expressions or words…

……….

25th March 2016…

An easel stand is set in the middle of the room where the intellect of WZCW Vee A.D.Z. is holding a pencil and drawing something on the board mounted onto it. Sara approaches him holding a box full of chocolates with glee adorning her face.

Sara: What are you drawing hunny?

She looks closer into the drawing paper where there a pair of eyes already drawn. Vee is completely encompassed into the drawing that he didn’t hear her words.

Sara: Oh.. I mean who are you drawing now? Is this going to be a gift for someone’s birthday or something?

Finally, her words went through his ears which make him look towards her direction.

Vee: Nah It’s not a gift or anything. I just wanted to draw. And who am I drawing is a tad intricate. It is Robert Morales Jr.

Sara: And… who is that?

Vee: Someone quite similar like me. Raised in poverty, with some Karate background and such. More importantly someone like me who pushed his limits over the horizon to attain plenty of accolades and awards.

Sara: Uhm okay… but you tell all the time that there’s no one like you. You are one of a kind.

Vee: Of course I am! I just said he has some similarities as me; doesn’t mean that I resemble him or he resembles me. No one can resemble me and you know that quite well, don’t you?

Sara: Yes my love, You are the Resemblance of ALL Excellence!

He lets out a laughter and kisses her gently on her soft cheeks. He smells the fragrance of chocolate emulates from her lips which made him swiftly look at her hands holding a box full of chocolates.

Vee: Oh, chocolates! This is a special occasion, isn’t it?? This is the anniversary of the day we met three years back!

Sara yelps like a kid in joy and hugs him tightly.

Sara: Yay! You remember that! I thought you would’ve forgotten that owing to your busy schedule.

Vee: Aw no I never do forget such good things. In fact, I have booked a reservation in the local Chinese restaurant for our dinner.

Sara: Sweeeet! Do you remember the first time we met?

Vee smirks at her remembering the bizarre encounter he had with her the day he met her for the first time.

25th March, 2013…

It was at the Mixed Martial Arts Tournament held at Uppsala, Sweden in the year 2013. Vee was still a beginner in Karate but wanted to blend his Professional Wrestling skills alongside with Mixed Martial arts, so took part in that competition. It was in the third round, Vee was paired up against Semida Silveria, Sara’s Team captain for that tournament. He was a black belt in Karate whereas all Vee had was only self-learning. Perks of being a quick learner he could watch and observe anything quite easily.

The match started intensively Semida who was on complete offense which kept Vee on the back-foot throughout the whole time. Every time when he tries to push his foot forward he was welcomed by wild swing of the legs by his opponent.

All of a sudden Vee found some opening and tried a 720 Guyver kick which connected right on the jaw of his opponent which made him take a few steps back. But the momentum of that kick made Vee to fall back onto the floor to which he kips up to his feet only to be met with a Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (Tornado Kick) which floored Vee down, knocking him out.

After the tournament for that day was done and dusted, later that day, while walking down the aisle he was met by Sara.

Sara: That guyver kick you used was pretty cool you know. Your legs are strong but you need more practice. Oh I forgot to mention my name. Sara…

She extends her hands to him; he gleefully accepts with a handshake.

Vee: Thanks for that. Your teammate was better than me to be honest.

Sara: Not really… he was awestruck by your defense. He was getting drained out of breath by your defense. You actually gave him an opening and a Sensai like him won’t miss out on that. You know, you were on defense the whole time and all of a sudden you tried Guyver kick, that’s where you were a tad hasty, which costed you.

She stance in front of him to gesture his actions. She moved her hands so smoothly which signifies her talent more than how it looked.

Sara: You probably should’ve used the Ushiro Geri followed by a couple of back elbows to the jaw and then Ashi barai followed by Mawashi Geri. That should’ve done the trick.

Vee giggles at her while looking at her simulating the moves as she spoke.

Vee: Honestly speaking, I don’t know any of those kicks you’re talking about or at least their names. I never had a proper trainer for me.

Sara: Oh, I can train you. Maybe you can meet me at my club on Thursdays at 12; I can teach you something.

Vee: Gladly!

Sara: See you soon then.

She swayed a smile and walked out of the Arena; Vee stood there looking at the Card and then at her walking down the aisle.
They both remember that moment and Sara still was smiling in the same way, which gives him sweet memories. Whilst they were talking about their first meeting, Vee had finished his drawing. He just gave a few shades with the 2H pencil before blowing off the dust.

Vee: Look! I have finished that drawing.

196184412001202.jpg
Sara looks at her sharply for a moment of two and shrunk her eyebrows looking at it.

Sara: You gotta be kidding me. This Robert Morales Jr. must be related to Matt Tastic pretty closely. He just looks like him, even his wrestling gigs!

Vee laughed at her before starts to express his thoughts.

Vee: Robert Morales Jr. is Matt Tastic, that’s just his gimmick name. You see, this is how people know him by; not by the name of Robert or Morales or whatever. People don’t see him as the Puerto Rican wrestler who had battled and bruised in their neighborhood. They know him only by the name, The Invincible, Super Sayan of Professional Wrestling, Matt Tastic. Not even many remembers his name Killjoy or Baez. Even his granpa has been known widely as Grandpa Tastic. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. He had made a legacy for himself as Matt Tastic! This is what a championship will change a person. Not just stardom and accolades, but it also means responsibility and pride. I WANT THAT NOW. No one is going to remember me as an agile wrestler who had defied the laws of gravity with his bizarre theories of physics. I need to win the Gold Rush. I need to win over Matt Tastic and advance through the avalanche knowing the tough task ahead.

Sara: I would wager on you winning the tournament hun. I believe you. Everyone in the tournament has some reason to win. Everyone does want to attain stardom. They do have the same reasons as you. But…

Vee: But they are not me. They can be the Veejays or Rampartes or Blacks or SHITs. But they are not me. I am ready for any challenge that will be put in front of me. I AM THE RESEMBLANCE OF ALL EXCELLENCE!

Sara: (Whispers wheezily) And it sounds better when you say that.

……….

"Where's mah monei? Tell mah!"

"I don't know where your money is!!"

"Then where is mah Canoli?"

"Your WHAT?!"

Matt: Italian mob stories are so damn stupid and cliched.

Matt Tastic gets off his couch. He goes to the kitchen looking around for something. Dressed in nothing but a black wifebeater and gray boxers as he adventures through the trove of groceries before slamming the door shut in annoyance.

Matt: THERE'S NO MILK!!

A voice echoes across the house in response to his words.

Granpa: GO MILK THE COW!!

Hearing this pesters Matt. There is no sun. And this was done earlier already. The reason being....

Matt: IT'S NIGHT!!

Annoyed, Matt goes off to is room and grabs a pair of short jeans and puts them on. As he does, his phone can be seen reading text from a message.

"Heading to ur blouse for interviewz" -Leon

He should die for that pitiful grammar. Not to mention the perverse connotations. Matt heads out buy his milk. Armed with nothing but his wallet and his clothes, he walks off to the grocery store on foot. Leaving his phone behind. As he walks down the street a little kid spots the wrestler and approaches him.

Kid: Wow! It's you! It's so great to see you, again! It was so awesome you you beat that ugly Alaskan guy.

Matt stops and turns to the kid, acknowledging him.

Matt: That's little dude. Well you know, I had to beat him to win the tournament. I got a question, how old are you?

Kid: Um.... Eleven. I'm eleven years old.

Matt: Cool. Do you remember seeing me in a Gold Rush tournament before?

Kid: Ummmmmmmmmm.................... No? I started watching last year when mom told me the top star was one our neighbors.

Matt: I see. You tell your mom I said hi then, kiddo. I gotta keep going. I need milk.

Matt keeps going as the kid waves away at him. Matt continues on his trek to the grocery store when another face notices him. This time an older lady waves at him.

Lady: Well if it isn't little Matty. How are you doing, boy?

Matt: Ma'am........ I'm 6 feet and 235 pounds. Can you please stop calling me "little"?

Lady: Oh, horse radish. You'll always be that troublesome kid going around the neighborhood telling everyone you'd kick their ass. I heard you're in that tournament that made you go nuts last time.

Matt: You remember?

Lady: Some things I forget so easily. But others seem to stay and linger like old wounds. Like my hip replacement surgery.

Matt: That's an actual old wound.

Lady: It sure is. And it aches. And aches. I guess it's the price for my actions in life.

Matt: What did you do for a living?

Lady:
Pole dancing.

Matt: ..............

Lady: Yes. One day I tried to see if I still had it and I fell.

Matt:
I've gotta go.

Lady: I got that nifty Live Alert thing and since I got it I've been driving that guy crazy calling him. I told him to get me some eggs on the way home. He actually got them.

Matt: .....OK. I need to get milk. Bye.

Lady: Good seeing you, then. Tell your Granpa we're still on for Friday!

Matt continues to walk. Now pondering on the words of the lady. How she could abuse the Live Alert like that. But more seriously, wounds of the past. Matt Tastic failed the Gold Rush tournament years ago. As he gets closer and closer this time around to conquering it, he can't help but remember what happened last time how he just lost it one day and flipped his lit. It's curious to look back at it and reflect. How would things have been if Matt had not done what he did when lost? How would his career have changed? Would he have never won the World title? Would he still be struggling today Would he have won it sooner? At the end of the day, we make our way through life remembering the past but unable to change it. Just learn from it. And as Matt does that, he arrives at the grocery store and enters. Looking for the milk he craves so.

Matt: Finally. Where is it?

He finds it and takes a gallon and goes to the counter where he finds the most unlikely person there.

Matt:
What the hell? Leon Kensworth?!

Leon: Indeed, Mr. Tastic. I'm here to interview you for a WZCW.com exclusive.

Matt: Did you really travel all the way here for me?

Leon: Yes!

Matt: Why didn't you just wait for me to head over for an event? This seems like a grave misuse of company funds.

Leon:Indeed!

Clerk: HEY! NO LOITERING!

Both men exit the store as Matt drinks out of the gallon of milk. They proceed to walk as Matt asks a crucial question.

Matt: Leon..... Where's the camera?

Leon: I beg your pardon?

Matt: Aren't you filming this?

Leon: Yes.

Matt: Then where is the camera?

Leon:
You can never know......

Matt looks on confused as Leons words. He looks around but see's no signs of a camera anywhere. There aren't even mics or anything for Kensworth to take notes with.

Leon Kensworth: So my questions are about the Gold Rush.

Matt: Well..... I figured. What are those questions?

Leon: Well, it would seem that you're dead set on winning it. That much we can see. But at the same time, it seems you've taken a very light attitude towards it. And in general lately.

Matt: A light attitude? What do you mean by that?

Leon: It feel's you're not taking this seriously. You've been described as acting more of a goof than usual, you see to act more spaced out than normal. I know you managed to defeat Abel Hunnicut-

Matt: Woah. Leon. It's Abel Hunnicutt.

Leon: What did I say?

Matt: Abel Hunnicut.

Leon: I don't get it. It sounds the same.

Matt: It has two "T's".

Leon: But...... How to I convey that to sound?

Matt:Just..... Just say it properly, you ass.

Leon: Anyway........ It seems that despite defeating Abel .......Hunnicutt.....

Matt nods approvingly with a gleeful smile.

Leon: You're not taking things seriously.

Matt stops walking. Dropping the gleeful smirk. Clearly not appreciative of Leons words.

Matt: OK, Leon. Flash back with me, will you? Lets go back to 2013. The last time I was involved in this tournament. What happened?

Leon: You lost.

Matt: Lost. Yup. Sad but true. What happened after you lost?

Leon: You lost your temper.

Matt: Yup. I ended up cutting that legendary shoot promo people recalls so greatly.

Leon: People don't really recall it much. And what's a shoot?

Matt: It's the verb describing what I'll do with you if you go on your little revisionist history slide. Who's story is this? Yours or mine?

Leon: YOURS!

Matt: No, it's mine!

Leon: That's what I said!!

Matt: I lost this tournament and lost my temper, Leon. If I want the opposite result, then I need to take the opposite approach to it. Trust me. I want to win it. It's the one thing I've failed in my career that I've yet to fix. I want to fix it and climb the top of the mountain again. I know I can do that once again.

As the two walk they go by the old lady once again.

Lady: Oh, dear me. Little Matty.

Matt: Yeah?

Lady: Did you break up with that nice Mikey fellow? Oh dear.....

Matt: ..................Erg.

Leon:I might as well ask you. Mikey Stormrage is going to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Matt if he wins and you win the Gold Rush..... Your thoughts on a potential third match.

Matt: I haven't won yet. I can't just skip over what I'm doing now. I'm not even in the Semi-Finals of the tournament. I can't see past what I'm doing right now. My focus is for all intents and purposes on Vee A..... B. C D. E. F. G. Why the fuck does this guy have so many letters and no vowels?

The two continue to walk as Matt rants on about the rather unconventional ring name Vee A.D.Z. possesses. Eventually they come by the young boy from earlier who said hi to Matt.

Kid: Matt! You're back!

Matt: Kiddo, you're still here playing?

Kid
: It's only been 15 minutes. Who's the weirdo in the suit?

Leon:
Leon Kensworth! WZCW reporter extraordinaire!

Kid:
What a loser.

Matt:
He has spoken.

The two keep going, Leon looking depressed at the young boys words.

Matt:
Vee A.D.Z. is a pretty good talent, Leon. But lets face facts here. This is a young guy looking to make a name for himself but not really knowing how. He doesn't really know defeat and he doesn't know how to handle it or how to come back from it. Right now his claim to fame is none to speak of. He has no real discernible characteristics aside from his name. Now, I don't know about you, but it does remind me of myself when I first started. I grasped at straws trying to string some momentum. It took me a while.

Leon:
So you're confident you can win?

Matt:
I'm confident I can eventually win back the World title. I'm not actually confident that I can win this tournament though.

Leon: Really?

Matt:
Yeah. Something's been bugging me this whole time. Since Kingdom Come. Like something's missing in me. Something important. There's times when it feels like I have no fuel in the tank. Lack of motivation. But then there's times when I feel so fired up to get back on top. It's an odd sensation, Leon. I really wonder if this is what other veterans go through after their first time at the top of the mountain. As if they don't know what to do when they get back down. It feels like I'm just trying to fix stuff from before and in a sense, that's true. But from another point of view, it feels like it's just an excuse to not seem completely lost. You noted how carefree I seem lately. It's a scary though, Leon but I've lost the last two PPV's and I don't seem to care much about it. Sometimes I think I'm at the edge of my rope and I'm just waiting to be given a new job backstage or something. Other times I feel like all I need is a bit of a push to get back to where I was. It's confusing. I want to win Gold Rush. Badly. But I can't ignore that I may screw up somehow.

Leon:
Well you're not the first wrestler to be around long after a long stint as World Champion. Ty Burna, Drake Callahan, Titus, all around a good while. Some who have bounced back to the top.

Matt:
Yeah. I wonder what it takes. It's a mystery to me. But then again, so was becoming a World Champion. Maybe it's a matter of "when" and not a matter of "if". Maybe I'll win now. Maybe I'll win Gold Rush. Maybe Mikey will also win. And maybe we'll face each other again. Or maybe it can all go away in the blink of an eye. If I lose I'll be fine. I've gotten all the rage out of my system. But how will Vee A.D.Z. react if he loses? Maybe he should find out.

Both men reach the house. Matt has finished the gallon of milk he bought. Now out of milk again, one has to wonder. What happens when he needs milk again? Will he milk the cow? Will he go out for more again? Time will tell what he does when the time comes......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back