MD50: Ty Burna vs. Everest - World Heavyweight Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
The pressure and attention is building around the World Heavyweight Championship as two of the best this company has on offer will compete for WZCW's biggest prize. Everest won this title shot, his first since Redemption, at Meltdown Madness and has eyes on reclaiming the championship he's become so accustomed to. Ty Burna will look to see off Everest's advances this week in what is to be a great contest between the two top superstars of the WZCW. Who will be leaving Meltdown 50 and 2010 as the World Heavyweight Champion?

Deadline is Tuesday 14th December 23:59 EST

The scene opens in a rather posh room. The lights are dimmed but the room is also illuminated by the glow coming from a rather large television in the corner. A leather recliner is set in front of the TV, and a faint silhouette can be seen sitting in the chair. Playing on the screen is the Everest and Big Dave match from All or Nothing. The camera moves to the side to reveal Big Dave sitting in the leather recliner. A sudden breeze blows through the room but Dave merely raises an eyebrow.

Big Dave: You have no need to stand in the shadows. come forth Ty.

The shadows stir and Ty slowly walks into frame, the WZCW World Title thrown over his shoulder. His eyes are glowing red already, and his vocal tone is already a lowered pitch. Dave looks up at Ty before speaking once more.

I suppose you did not show yourself to merely study tape with me did you Ty?

Ty: I have done far more than enough study on Everest Dave. Let's be clear, you and I have unresolved issues of our own. For the past few months our paths have run parallel, yet only once have they truly crossed.

And if I remember correctly we were victorious and succeeded in me qualifying for the Lethal Lottery.

Really? WE were victorious Dave? What i seem to remember is you being more intent on trying to shove me around like I was Ace David.

Don't you sully his name!

Dave quickly gets up and into Ty's face. Dave's face contorts into anger and Ty grits his teeth before speaking.

What will you do Dave? Lose your focus on what's important once more? You want this very title on my shoulder. You gave up the Eurasian Title that I made important just to go after me. The Lethal Lottery is your first opportunity to gain a shot at my title, and you were more intent on blaming me for your faults. You should be on your knees thanking me that I felt pity for you and won your spot in the Lethal Lottery for you.

You know damn well Ty that if it wasn't for Everest, you would not have even tagged into the match. I would have destroyed Winters and my spot in the Lethal Lottery secured.

I hear the word would a lot out of you. I would have, I should have. The fact is I finished the job. I did what the World Champion is supposed to do, and that's win the match regardless. I don't want to hear your excuses Dave.

The two stare each other down for a few moments before Dave takes a step back and crosses his arms while his eyes do not leave Ty.

So what is your purpose here Ty? To berate me for something that happened weeks ago? Or perhaps you feel "pity" for me and have intel on Steven Kurtesy you wish to share with me?

I am here because I want to find something out.

Oh? Perhaps your almighty Ouija Board does not have all the answers.

You doubt the Ouija, yet it has spoken nothing but truth ever since I showed the world its power. I already know that I will defeat Everest at Meltdown 50. It has been written and already revealed to me. No, what I want to know is why you did not attack Everest last week when the opportunity presented itself. It is no secret Everest has become a pain to you, and someone you should worry about.

Dave does not respond but slowly a smirk forms on his face and a chuckle escapes him.

Everest? Let me tell you about Everest. He is lucky the ref at All or Nothing was blind to the fact my shoulder was up. He is lucky the roulette fell in his favor and he was able to defeat people who you and I consider to be fodder to gain yet another title shot. And last week on Ascension, he is lucky that you crushed the Crashin Movement by yourself. You want to know my reasoning for not running down there and splattering Everest across the ring?

That is the purpose of this visit Dave, now please, enough with your rambling.

My reasoning is my own.

I figured such a response would come from you. As such this visit has been for naught.

Ty turns away from Dave and begins walking away, the wind outside has picked up significantly. Dave lowers his head momentarily before looking back up.

Are you certain of that?

Ty stops mid stride and looks over his shoulder, his eyes still glowing a violent red. He turns back towards Dave and lowers the WZCW World Title from his shoulder.

My question has been answered Dave. I know your motivation for last week. Why attack Everest when nothing is on the line? Why not wait until his World Title match to inflict the painful blow of him losing his opportunity to reclaim the title once more?

That would be too simple Ty. Why would I not attack him last week and this week and crush him immediately?

Because you are uncertain you can defeat him Dave. You have developed a cowardice I did not expect from you. Perhaps you are not my perfect opponent. Perhaps Everest has become the opponent I want for Kingdom Come.

Dave's smirk disappears and he becomes angered once more. He rushes at Ty and throws a right hook, but Ty blocks and the two men engage in a battle of strength. They finally push away from one another and Dave's voice rises.

A coward? You dare call me a coward Ty? Fine, consider this a promise. Once you are done with Everest I will pick off whatever is left of his bones, and I will go on to claim victory at Lethal Lottery.

Ty stares at Dave momentarily but slowly a maniacal grin forms on his face. He begins laughing loudly as Dave is suddenly taken back by Ty's shift in demeanor.

Good, that is the determination I know is in you Dave. And I thank you as well.

For what?

I know have my own determination for defeating Everest. While he has been on a roll of late, he has no answer for me. I have been in the ring with him in the past, he has no tricks up his sleeve and he will have no luck to count on to get him the World Title. This title is mine and I have my spot at Lethal Lottery reserved for me where Gordito will fall once more, and Barbosa will get a few voices knocked out of his head. Dave, I want you to go into the Lethal Lottery, and I want you to do everything you can to win. The Ouija has spoken and our paths will finally cross at a fitting time.

The two men go silent before Ty reaches down and picks up the WZCW World Title. Dave's eyes transfix on the title while Ty drapes it over his shoulder once more.

This is what it's all about Dave as I'm sure you know all about. All the blood that has been spilled for this title, it carries upon it like a badge of honor. Everest knows all about this and he will put everything he's got into getting it back. This is nothing to take lightly, I put myself in a position where I had to defeat my own demons to rightfully claim this title. While you may believe that you will simply walk in and take this title one day Dave, you will have to earn it. Just as I have, just as Everest has, and the two men we retired at Unscripted, Vengeance and Titus, have done.

Ty turns and begins walking past Dave and the two bump shoulders and stare each other down once more.

Meditate on this Dave, focus your energies on what will lead you to success. Do not mire yourself away on petty grudges. If you must involve yourself with Everest, envision him a barrier to your ultimate destiny, and conquer that barrier. Even as champion I look forward, and every match is a war for what is mine. Every match is a bridge I must cross to continue as King of Darkness, and the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion.

The lights suddenly go out and the wind blows through the room once more. The lights come back up and Dave stands in the room by himself. He turns towards the TV once more and walks over to it. He kneels down in front of it and sitting on the floor is a replica WZCW World Title belt. He stares at it and the camera zooms in on the name plate. Engraved on the plate is Big Dave. Dave looks up and the camera pans out to focus on the wall. In blood red ink is the following words:

Thus it is written.
So it shall come to pass

The scene slowly fades out.

The scene opens up and we see several lights and something that looks like it could be a recording booth. Several employees are seen setting up for something when WZCW superstar Everest comes in, water bottle in hand, and sits down across from someone who must be the producer. Several televisions also surround the two.

EVEREST: Hello, Jimmy, how you been? It’s been a long time. I can’t believe the Official WZCW Kingdom Come Videogame is finally going to hit the shelves. So you just need a few sound bytes?

JIMMY: Hey Everest. Yeah we just need a few more voiceovers to finish off your portion. Plus I’d like you too take a look at a few move animations to make sure they look good.

EVEREST: No problem, what you got?

Jim punches in a few things into the computer and almost instantly a scene jumps up onto a screen in front of Everest. It’s a scene from the game depicting a match between Everest and former WZCW Champion Joseph Rios

EVEREST: Oh come on, didn’t I retire that guy once? Why does he always keep showing up? Ah well, that Rockslide right there looks perfect! Might want to add a little more pop to the final landing though. I can really put some pop behind that when I need too and when that guys involved it’s always intense.

JIMMY: Alright, we’ll tweak it to add some more force. Now how about this Mountain Climber?

With that the match changes over to a match between Everest and Current WZCW Champion Ty Burna. Everest has the Mountain Climber locked in on the champ as his hand goes down and the bell rings signaling the beginning of a new championship reign.

EVEREST: Now look at that, it’s the upcoming Meltdown Main Event. Anyway the Mountain Climber looks great, cinched in and finishing off our World Champion. Everything looks great Jimmy.

With that WZCW’s own favorite interviewer, Becky Serra, can be seen entering the room. She spots Everest and comes over to ask for a favor.

BECKY: Hey Everest, hey Jimmy. Hey Jimmy, do you mind if I borrow that video camera over there. I was wondering if Everest might give me a quick interview for my segment this week on WZCW.com.

JIMMY: Sure, use whatever you need.

With that Everest sits down at another table with Becky for a quick chat.

BECKY: Well Everest, I will keep it quick, do you have anything to say about your upcoming Championship match at Meltdown 50.

EVEREST: Wow, Becky, no small talk today huh.

Bottom line Becky, it’s simple. I’m not going to sugarcoat it. This is quite possibly the single greatest accomplishment in WZCW history. 49 times Meltdown has gone on the air. 49 times the greatest athletes the world has ever seen have gone out and brought down arena’s around the world. Of those 49 times, none have been bigger than what is going to transpire when Meltdown goes on the air for the 50th time.

I’ve been in on many of those Meltdown moments that you’ll see all night. I’ve fought some of the greats this company was founded on. I’ve won championships and I’ve lost championships. I’ve tag with great men and I’ve been stabbed in the back by Hollywood wannabes.

On Meltdown 50 though, it’s going to all come to a peak, per se. Ty Burna vs. Everest. New vs. Old. Current vs. Former. Best vs. the Best. When the lights go on at Meltdown, the world isn’t going just see another Main Event. Not this time. The pageantry may be amped to 30, the pomp and festivities might get the publicity but in the end it’s going to come down to the good old fashioned one on one match up.

Now, like I’ve said before, this one isn’t personal. I respect Ty and everything he’s accomplished. I’ve tagged with the man and fought beside him. I respect the way he’s upheld the integrity of the WZCW Championship and how he hasn’t backed down from anyone. The man is a Great Champion and a great competitor and he’ll be a wonderful FORMER Champion.

At Meltdown I may not bring the same general sense for destruction or violence, but I do bring the one and only thing that Ty can’t: EXPERIENCE.

I’ve been in everything you can imagine. Championship matches on the biggest stages, handicap matches, tag matches, Pay per views bigger than life, and I’ve fought the proverbial “immoveable object” and won. And at Meltdown 50 I’m going to do it all over again. Ty might have the physical advantage and he’ll have the “champions edge” but what I might lack in those areas I’ll more than make up for in experience and pure determination.

BECKY: Is there any worries that a certain someone might make an untimely appearance in your match?

EVEREST: Ah, I assume you are talking about Big Dave himself? You make a valid point Becky and I’m going to tell you, it’s definitely something I’ve kept in the back of my mind. Big Dave and I still have some unfinished business. Some business that will get tended too soon enough but unfortunately, and I always like to plan for anything, but unfortunately this time I’m going to have to take my eye off Big Dave so I can focus on the task at hand. The World Championship is my goal, it always has been and now is no different. Big Dave can wait, for now, we’ll see if he can keep his hands to himself for one night. Don’t worry though the WZCW hasn’t seen the last of Everest and Big Dave.

Back to the situation at hand though. At Meltdown 50 I’m walking away as World Champion! Ty may be the future but at Meltdown he’s going to learn I don’t live in the past. I’ll see Ty on Monday night and Becky I promise you, right now, the very first champagne soaked interview of the new champion.

BECKY: Well alright then, I’m going to hold you to that.

EVEREST: I bet you will my dear. I’ll see you Monday at the wrestling event of the decade. I’ll be the relaxed one kicking back waiting to show the world that this is still

MY WORLD! AND I JUST LET THEM LIVE IN IT!

With that Becky signals to kill the camera and Everest stands up, shakes Becky’s hand and proceeds to head back over to Jimmy’s area. As the camera fades to black we hear Everest repeat his tell tale slogan as he records the voiceovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back