AS14 - Showtime Cougar vs. Ty Burna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Both Showtime and Ty Burna came into Redemption with their goals in mind, but both came out empty handed, this week on Meltdown they will take out their frustrations on each other in what will be an explosive encounter given their previous experience with each other. Will Showtime get back on track in reclaiming EurAsian gold or will Ty be looking to send a message to Corey Payne, Vengeance and Titus as his rage moves seemingly into the path of the World Heavyweight Championship.

Deadline: Monday 10th May 23:59 EST

Scene opens in a backstage locker room at the site of Redemption. Showtime David Cougar steps into view and sits down. He is still dressed in his ring attire, sporting a blood soaked towel around his neck and holding a bottle of water. He is watching a TV that is off camera. Copeland and Cohen can be heard and it is apparent that Showtime is watching the closing minutes of the EurAsian title match he competed in. He wipes his forehead, blood is still slowly trickling from his wound. He takes a sip of water and continues watching the TV. Copeland can be heard describing Big Dave lifting Showtime on his shoulders on the turnbuckle and the load crash that came after, followed by the 3 count. Big Dave is announced as the winner and Showtime lowers his head in disappointment. He places the bottle down on the ground and throws the towel on the bench. He takes off his pads and grabs a second towel and goes off to shower off the blood. The blood soaked towel hangs over the water bottle and a drop of blood is seen falling from the towel into the bottle. Leon Kensworth walks into the locker room and looks around.

Leon: Showtime, Showtime? Darn it it all, he’s in the shower. Why can I never get an interview with that guy? Next time Myles tells me to go interview him and should tell him to... to... well... I guess to do it himself. It’s frustrating, that’s for sure.

Leon looks around; he is in desperate need of a drink. He sees the water bottle on the floor and picks it up.

Must be Showtime’s. It has his face on the bottle.

Leon turns the bottle to face the camera. Sure enough, Showtimes smiling face is on the label. A caption flashes at the bottom, promoting, “Showater” Quenches Your Thirst Like No Other!

Well I guess I could just take his water, given all the humiliation he’s put me through.

Leon takes a long sip of the water.

Ahh, that’s not bad.

He takes another sip as he walks out of the locker room.

----------

Scene opens on the set of The Show. Showtime is already seated behind his desk. He is wearing a more casual suit attire and sporting a pretty noticeable sized bandage on his forehead.

Good evening and welcome to The Show. I am as always your host, Showtime David Cougar, and while normally I would be thrilled to sit here and shower you all with jokes and puns and promises of exciting things to come, this past week have not been the best for me. This past Sunday at Redemption I let myself down in my match verse Big Dave. More than that, I let you all down. I let each and everyone of you down when I said that I would stand before my rival and beat him two times to regain what I had felt was robbed from me. I could use the excuse that I threw away my chance at Kingdom Come when I went for the kill instead of the pin, and I could use the excuse that Dave, Big Bad Ol’Dave, picked up a chair and carved a big dent into it with my skull. I could tell you all this, but at the end of the day when I look in the mirror, I know that I all I have to blame for it is myself. Big Dave has my number it seems, and I have yet to beat him in any shape or form. People have pat me on the back, told me how valiantly I had fought back and how close I came to pulling the impossible out and winning... the impossible they said.

Showtime pauses for a moment. The word impossible has definitely seem to struck a cord with him.

I thank you all for your support and encouraging words. Without you the fans, we wouldn’t be here doing what we’re doing, but I want you all to know that nothing, and I mean nothing, is impossible. The Phillies won the World Series. The US elected a black president. Doug Crashin won a match here in WZCW, and Leon is a blood sucker.

A picture flashes on the large screen behind Showtime that shows Leon with his arm around a goulash vampire. The audience laughs

Leon enjoyed my blood so much he ordered 5 cases, but I want to assure you all that Showater contains zero blood and only healthy and natural ingredients designed to lead a well balanced diet. And you can only order it on the new and improved WZCW.com, but for everyone here tonight we have a free bottle under each of your seats for your tasting pleasure.

The audience looks under their chairs and all pull out the specially designed Showater.

But enough of that shameless plug, the point is nothing is impossible. Big Dave has my number now, and he has been pound for pound the best wrestler in WZCW in the past few months, but he can and he will be beaten sooner or later. People with guaranteed title shots may claim that there time is now, but I want them and all of you to know that me and Big Dave are far from finished. Dave, I don’t care if the EurAsian title is up for grabs or not; this battle between you and me is now more personal than any title could ever mean. It has damaged people’s lives, destroyed careers, and has led to some of the most brutal encounters ever witnessed inside that ring. One way or another Dave, I want another match verse you and this time the impossible will happen. I will beat you because nothing is impossible.

The audience applauds and Showtime thanks them.

Now what better way to prepare for the task of beating Dave, the man I have yet to beat, than competing in a match against another man I have yet to beat. That’s right, tune your televisions to Ascension this week where you will witness Showtime Cougar facing off against his old bitter rival, Ty Burna, in what will surely be another epic encounter. A lot has changed since me and Ty first met inside the ring. I can credit Ty for stretching me to my limits in our first encounters. He was a foe unmatched by many inside the ring. He took me to my limits and in doing so has helped me become stronger than I was before. I have ascended up the ranks of WZCW since fighting Ty and have beaten many challengers since then. I’ve beaten technical experts and bar room brawlers. I’ve beaten backstabbing punks and convicts... I’ve beaten the monsters, the tough guys, the champions, and now I’m ready to beat you Ty. I know you and I, and each and everyone of these viewers, felt the electricity from the Megashow, we’ve been waiting for this for a long while, I know especially that you have. Since our encounters you know your career has been in a bit of a rut, your challengers haven’t been up to standard, they’re frustrating, they haven’t been worth your time you say. That’s why you’ve had such trouble with Lars where I steam rolled over him, that’s why you lost to Payne, and the title shot that came with it.

Well Ty I’m here, ready to fight you, and I’ve been ready for a long while. This match is the culmination of two new wrestlers transformation to main event. This will not be the last battle you and I will have, I assure you there will be many more encounters between the two of us and I for one look forward to each and every one. Nobody has given me the challenge that you have and I am ready to give you the fight you have been long waiting for. I’m not blinded by the light like I once was, I’m not the same delusional superstar that broke into this business. I know now it’s not about light verse darkness, good verse evil, right verse wrong, no, inside the ring it’s only about me verse you, no Dave, no Lars, just us. My mind is focused, my body is strong, I have the fans behind me, and I’m ready for you Ty. At Ascension, I will fight you with everything I have because... hell... I’ll be egotistical for a while, I am the human highlight reel, Mr. Prime Time, the scene making, show stealing, turn it up real loud cause He is talking, the highest rated superstar, Showtime, and you can call me blinded, I don’t care. Grind my bones to dust, ripe my heart out and drink my blood, say a poem, chant a verse, whatever you think will scare me off, I'm here to tell you it won't. I know I’m ready to fight you and if you’re not aware of that now you’ll find out soon enough inside the ring. Ladies and Gentleman, I am the Show, and Ty Burna is a dead man, literally. Goodnight.

Showtime stands up and the screen behind flashes a graphic of Showtime Cougar and Ty Burna hyping their match at Ascension. Showtime walks off stage to the audience and shakes many of their hands as they chant his name.

The feed cuts in slowly to a moderately lit large room. Inside are several people dressed in old Victorian style clothing and various masks concealing their faces. The people dance together in a rhythmic fashion, women pressing their bodies close onto the men while violin music strikes through the air. Other people outside the dance area are seen partaking in drink, while the lustful make a safe haven in the shadowed corners. The camera pans out for a moment before zooming to a specific table off to the side. Serafina can be seen stretched out on a leather couch wearing a black leather corset and flowing skirt. Ty is shown opposite the table of her, wearing a black trench coat and a black fedora with a longer brim covering his hair. Ty sits idly staring into his drink until Serafina stands up and walks over to him. She sits down on his lap and wraps her arms around his neck and smiles up at him.

Serafina: Master Ty, it is about time you let that match at Redemption go. You have been silent for the last week ever since your chance at the KFAD was lost. Come dance with me.

Ty looks down at her, his eyes showing a dullness not typically seen from him. He takes a deep breath and sets his glass down, wrapping arm around Serafina's slender waist.

Ty: You know me better than that Serafina, I do not wish to involve myself with these people. They are nothing more than puppets who dangle at society's whims and demands.

Serafina: I understand master, they are just like that obnoxious Showtime, preening to the people and hoping for their approval. What shall we do to him this time Master Ty?

Ty: What else Serafina? Beat him within an inch of his life and make him realize he is nothing more than an annoying pest that believe he is more of a threat to me than what is actually true. He believes he can get back to his winning ways by finally defeating me in combat, yet his short term goal has become more difficult than his long term goal of defeating Big Dave for the Eurasian title, the title that I myself put on the map as its first champion.

Serafina straightens herself and turns facing Ty, straddling him with her arms still around his neck. She leans down and breathes slowly on his neck before she speaks once more.

Serafina: Perhaps we should remind him what we are truly capable of. We have tortured him to the point of desperation in the past Master Ty, and I did enjoy tying him up and watching him squirm in fear

Ty: While I would love nothing more than to let you play with your rope my dear, Showtime is just a temporary obstacle. Our true objective is to finish what was started in the Chamber, and that is to utterly destroy Vengeance and prove who is the most dangerous of the dark alliance we briefly had. Vengeance is the reason why I am not the King For A Day holder, and his jealousy is the root of all of this.

Serafina suddenly gets a dark and angered look upon her face. She pulls back from Ty and looks him in the eyes.

Serafina: And if that ****e Tarja is still around at the time, I will make her pay for what she tried to do. No one will ever take me away from you.

Ty: You may do what you wish to her, she has proven to be ineffective as a seductress, as well as a proper companion for Vengeance. He is nothing more than talk that cannot back up his boasts, proven by his constant title chances that have been blown to dust by the likes of Titus, Everest, Bratchny, and even our poor tortured soul Showtime.

Ty's eyes suddenly come to life and begin glowing red again. He grabs Serafina firmly by the waist and pulls her close to him.

Ty: The Ouija has guided us correctly up to this point Serafina, but it is time to further my dominance in WZCW, and destroy my opposition. Showtime may be just be an annoying pest to me, but I believe I have reached the point where I will snuff out his fading star, and watch him squander away in obscurity. He pines for the limelight, the limelight which is the only thing that fills his hollow ego. His pride is damaged, and like a wounded animal in the wild, he will easily fall victim to the predator.

Ty lifts Serafina up and the two begin walking towards the middle of the room, the dancers moving out of their way. Ty stops and glances around at the dancers who have circled around him and Serafina. He grits his teeth momentarily before speaking once more, his voice deepening.

Ty: Roaches, all of you. You disgust me with your lustful materialism and stage show theatrics. Just like Showtime and Vengeance, you expect everything handed to you on a silver platter. I am the one that will shatter this fragile existence you believe to be reality, and open your minds to the darkness that envelopes you at every moment. Your mind is decrepit, and your spirit too weak to fight off the influence of your puppeteers.

The lights begin to flicker off and on, the dancers murmuring nervously amongst themselves. Ty lowers his head and begins muttering to himself.

Ty: I grow weary of walking amongst you filth. I grow tired of dealing with weaklings that whimper the whole time they try to show their menace towards me. The Deliverance has ended, and now The Purge of the weak and boastful shall begin at Ascension.

The lights suddenly cut out completely and screams can be heard from the dancers and others in the room. After a few moments, the screams die out and silence fills the room. The lights slowly flicker back on, revealing the people all collapsed on the ground. The masks that once covered their face are now gone, revealing the people to be nothing but puppets, marionette strings attached to their arms and legs. Ty and Serafina are no where to be seen as the feed cuts to black. Ty's voice suddenly breaks through the silence.

Ty: My puppets shall dance for me once more, they will act as the proud hero, or as the menacing threat. It matters not to me, your strings will be cut soon and you will be lost to the chasm of my madness.

Ty's manic laughter can be heard echoing into the distance as the feed cuts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back