Matt Morgan Reportedly Out of Dates on His TNA Contract

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10025128.shtml

TNA has reportedly run through Matt Morgan's contractual dates, according to Justin LaBar of WrestleZone.com.

Powell's POV: I must stress that we were unable to confirm the information in this report. That said, Morgan worked for WWE early in his career and his size, look, and promo ability along with his in-ring improvement over the years would seemingly place him high on WWE's radar if his contract is on the verge of expiring.

Of course this comes from LaBar so take it with whatever sized grain of salt you need to, but it does tie in well with his being essentially written off television through the Bully Ray attack on iMPACT!

Thoughts on this? Is Morgan WWE-bound?

Hard to say. Its well known that Vince loves bigger guys on his roster. And Morgan has come a lot further in TNA than his first stint in WWE. Personally he's just taking time off the schedule to rest or something. I prefer him in TNA, and while it would be cool to see him with the title, I'd rather see him stay where he is than to jump back to the "E".

It's time for Morgan to go from TNA. They've proven that he's not going to rise above the midcard in that company and is going to do nothing but feud with whatever big man they need to put over while talking about how Morgan is this complete package. He'll get an occasional title shot with very little chance of winning it. Then it's back to some tag team that might win the titles and then split. There's nothing for him to do in TNA because TNA is always going to find someone else to push to the top instead of him. Go to WWE, make some money, and see what you can get out of it. TNA is a dead end street for him.

Morgan turns 36-years-old in three months. After a five year absence from the major league promotion, he has shown the intelligence to not insult or slander the WWE, almost thriving under the suspicions that he may make a return to his first home. And let’s be realistic, taking into regard his major improvement since we last saw him on WWE television which relates to Matt Morgan in the ring and especially on the microphone, with his size being brought into the equation, WWE would be naive to withhold their attraction to Matt Morgan.

He has all the tools to progress in this industry. Big man, great look, charisma; have you seen the Direct Auto Insurance adverts? Marketable name, “Matt Morgan” just sounds like a name you’d associate with a Champion. Hulk Hogan stated in an interview last summer with ESPN that Matt Morgan could “lead Impact Wrestling into the promise land.”

Whether Matt Morgan completes the transition from TNA to WWE in the near future or not, we’ll have to wait and see. But in my personal opinion, if he does complete the switch, this is entirely TNA’s loss and WWE’s gain.

I hope he leaves TNA and heads to WWE. Honestly I really don't know WHY he wasn't champ in TNA. He's a big man who can actually WRESTLE and not look stiff in the ring. Ever since Hogan and Bischoff took over I stopped watching within 3 months so I can't say anything about the recent Morgan in TNA as all I do is read the results.

Even IF he heads to WWE and never makes it above mid-card status, at least he'll be getting a steady check and MORE then what he'd ever make in TNA.

He will wrestler circles around the big men in WWE right now. Plus he actually has muscle unlike the fat Big Show has and Khali and whatever his body is lol Kane can wrestle but Morgan is better in the ring.

I hope he leaves TNA and heads to WWE. Honestly I really don't know WHY he wasn't champ in TNA. He's a big man who can actually WRESTLE and not look stiff in the ring. Ever since Hogan and Bischoff took over I stopped watching within 3 months so I can't say anything about the recent Morgan in TNA as all I do is read the results.

Even IF he heads to WWE and never makes it above mid-card status, at least he'll be getting a steady check and MORE then what he'd ever make in TNA.

He will wrestler circles around the big men in WWE right now. Plus he actually has muscle unlike the fat Big Show has and Khali and whatever his body is lol Kane can wrestle but Morgan is better in the ring.

I don't think Matt Morgan could pull off a character that would get over in the wwe. I however do have a storyline for him. He could debut as a brother to john luarinitus lol there voices are similar.

And big show and kane could wrestle circles around morgan. Just look at this match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvBxOa84nc

Unfortunately, that's not what big men are expected to do in wwe.

Aye....something about Matt Morgan that I cant quite put my finger on. He's a decent wrestler and decent on the mic. I would rather him as a monster heel with a paul heyman type of mouthpiece to do the talking for him. i just feel like, if tna had nothing for him, wwe probably wont either. and with the abundance of big men that have debuted in wwe as of late, i dont see him making much of an impact. no pun intended..

He could do better in WWE. There are a few holes that he could possibly fill. He is a bigger dude and can move in the ring quite well. The fact that he hasn't won the TNA World title is a joke in itself. That's a total knock on the company. He had a great build but never broke the glass ceiling... I just don't get that... Here's to hoping the man is WWE bound in the future...

Of course you wouldn't see why. You just sat up here and said you don't watch the show. Like duh.:banghead: If you want to know why he's not champion, then watch the show, and have a recent assessment of Morgan before giving off any opinion so you can have an idea why he's not champ yet. The truth is that management saw that Morgan wasn't worthy of holding the belt. He never had a good feud outside of maybe Kurt and most of his matches were boring. His size advantage was something he barely exploited, mic skills are hit and miss, and he just didn't deserve it over some of the other talents. There's a whole line of people in TNA that deserve the belt over him. Most people who aren't bias or marks for Morgan can see that he was nothing special in the ring and TNA wasn't going to reward him with a world title based on size like how they do in WWE no matter how bad you are. (Ie: Great Khali). If you want him in WWE, take him back. He's not a big loss.

Of course you wouldn't see why. You just sat up here and said you don't watch the show. Like duh.:banghead: If you want to know why he's not champion, then watch the show, and have a recent assessment of Morgan before giving off any opinion so you can have an idea why he's not champ yet. The truth is that management saw that Morgan wasn't worthy of holding the belt. He never had a good feud outside of maybe Kurt and most of his matches were boring. His size advantage was something he barely exploited, mic skills are hit and miss, and he just didn't deserve it over some of the other talents. There's a whole line of people in TNA that deserve the belt over him. Most people who aren't bias or marks for Morgan can see that he was nothing special in the ring and TNA wasn't going to reward him with a world title based on size like how they do in WWE no matter how bad you are. (Ie: Great Khali). If you want him in WWE, take him back. He's not a big loss.

That's BS! Everyone feels Morgan is special. He and Joe have been contacted for YEARS by the WWE. Former WWE wrestlers talk about both needing to jump ship. Morgan was buried so Hogan can put over his people and WWE failures who he and Bischoff FELT would bring in fans. Typical clueless Hogan and Bischoff. People like Samoa Joe, Styles, Morgan, and many others got buried when he got there. As much as Steiner is an idiot I buy everything he says about Hogan and Bischoff. They're turning TNA into WCW. Wonder when Glacier will show up.

Matt Morgan sucked in WWE and it was a great thing they fired him as he learned the skill. And I bet Crimson would be the next to jump ship to WWE. I could only WISH The Motor City Machine Guns would get released. They'd bring credibility to the WWE tag team belts.

I have tried watching the product a few times over the last year when nothing else is on. Hogan and Bischoff bastardized what used to be a great program.

That's BS! Everyone feels Morgan is special. He and Joe have been contacted for YEARS by the WWE. Former WWE wrestlers talk about both needing to jump ship. Morgan was buried so Hogan can put over his people and WWE failures who he and Bischoff FELT would bring in fans. Typical clueless Hogan and Bischoff. People like Samoa Joe, Styles, Morgan, and many others got buried when he got there. As much as Steiner is an idiot I buy everything he says about Hogan and Bischoff. They're turning TNA into WCW. Wonder when Glacier will show up.

Matt Morgan sucked in WWE and it was a great thing they fired him as he learned the skill. And I bet Crimson would be the next to jump ship to WWE. I could only WISH The Motor City Machine Guns would get released. They'd bring credibility to the WWE tag team belts.

I have tried watching the product a few times over the last year when nothing else is on. Hogan and Bischoff bastardized what used to be a great program.

Man just shutup. You don't watch TNA. Why are you in a TNA section? You just said you haven't watched the product in 2 years so how the hell would you know who is getting buried or not? Anything you have to say about TNA or Matt Morgan is null and void. Your just another WWE mark trolling by spouting typical IWC nonsensical rhetoric about Hogan & Bischoff killing TNA when the fact is that guys like Storm, Roode, Aries, and Bully Ray are all ahead of the ladder in TNA over Morgan. You bought into the hype because you don't know any better. Ask anybody when the last time Matt Morgan had a good match. Matt Morgan sucks. If you watch the product, you'd know the reason why he's not near a world title.

i always thought matt morgan was pretty talented and i actullay think hes the best all around big man in the business today so id love to see him back in wwe sense tna clearly has no plans to make him a full time main eventer and give him a run with the belt but at the same time i could see matt morgan being lost in the shuffle within 6 monthes of being in wwe just because of how many big men are currently supposed to be these unstoppable guys in wwe (brodus,tensai,ryback,kane etc.)

TNA wrestler Matt Morgan was asked on his Twitter page whether rumors he is returning to WWE are true. "TICK TOCK," Morgan responded.

Powell's POV: It was reported elsewhere that TNA had burned through the remaining dates on Morgan's contract. However, he is advertised for TNA live events this weekend. His combination of size, charisma, and mic skills would seemingly make him a strong addition to WWE if he is contractually free to leave TNA.

--

Seems as if it's only a matter of time at this point, no?

The good thing for TNA is that they've effectively written him out with an injury, so if he does bail out they won't have to worry about having any story line plot holes.

I think he's a very bland big man and I'd be happy to see him gone from TNA (I dont watch the WWE). I just personally find him to be boring. No other adjectives except boring. When he's on my TV, I dont portray him as a threat to anyone and I'm sure that's why so many people want him gone.

He's no major loss, and it wont be long before he is buried in the WWE but at least he'll be making some decent coin.

I gotta say I enjoyed Morgan in the ring for TNA, but wasn't crazy about his mic skills. Truthfully, he seems more suited for TNA compared with WWE, but it is what it is. It wouldn't be a huge loss to TNA, but it would be a minor dent in the roster.

I've always liked Morgan, but like Shelley, I don't see how this can be seen as a tremendous loss for TNA at all, mainly because neither man has truly been all that high in the card for years, and in Morgan's case while he was more prominent on television, he's been playing the same feud/role for a long while now. At 36, he's only really got a few years left in the tank anyway, so he may as well do everything he can to raking the most amount of money he can in the process. That's likely to come through WWE, so all the best to him.

I think it is time for Morgan to leave TNA as it looks like he will never rise above the midcard there. I could see him being brought back by WWE as they brought back Lord Tensai so why not Morgan. Here is the thing though. When he went to TNA he was supposed to rise to the world title ranks and he didn't. Blame it on him blame it on TNA management it doesn't really matter, in the end he couldn'y get past the midcard. When he was in WWE the first time they pretty much made a joke out of him so really what makes anyone think it would be different this time. It just seems to me that Morgan is a guy that isn't going to ever get any higher up the ladder than he is now. He has always just kind of been there for me. I am not a fan, but I don't hate him either, but to me he is not a guy that screams world title in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back