Sting Wants to Wrestle Hulk Hogan in His Final Match

Actually, that's the last thing TNA needs. I thought the IWC wanted TNA to be different from the WWE.

TNA shouldn't have a face for their company like Cena. Why? Here's why. When you have a guy like Cena, you book him the way they do, and book the rest of the roster the way they do - everyone else seems and is inferior to him. The company becomes dependant on this one man. Cena is the WWE. WWE is Cena. If Cena got injured tomorrow and his career ended prematurely, WWE is fucked. He's been attatched to them for so long and so hard that removing him wouldn't kill the company but it would sure as fuck leave it in a poor state until they find a replacement for him, which shouldn't be too hard, but whose to say that this replacement would work as hard as Cena does, and the fans will become as emotionally invested in him as they are in Cena? Cena seems to be the offspring of Superman booking, and all the kiddies want to be associated with "the best" and like "the best". The kiddies love Superman. They love Batman. What WWE is forgetting, however, is that the PEOPLE like The Joker more.

I hope to God TNA doesn't pick a face of the company, and I'm not even religious. TNA's roster is good enough to carry itself, not have one Cena-like person carry'n'bury everybody.

Heel or Face the most successful companies in history are successful because they find that top guy and they ride on him until everybody is exausted of seeing the guy. You can't have 7 guys to push like WCW was in 1998 and expect to be successful. All it does is confuse the viewer when they don't know who to cheer or boo because they want to invest in something but you can't do that when there's not a clear Top bad guy and clear Top hero. Hell the only problem the WWE has had in recent years has been to not find a complelling bad guy to oppose Cena. His Yin to his Yang. And if Punk become that guy it could become quite epic. People talk about the nWo being of shade of grey where people were cheering them even though they were bad guys but when things became interesting was when Sting showed his true colors and attacked them. You had a clear bad against a clear bad guy, two epic forces going against one another. Hogan vs Sting.

Also if people liked the Joker more there would be Joker movies and Joker comics. There isn't. Joker is only good in small dose and when he show up in a Batman comic it's usualy epic. But that's because he appears rarely.

I REALLY need to work on getting my point across. The whole IW tour is based around Sting's participation. Whether or not you feel Sting needs to retire has nothing to do with it.
TNA-Maximum-Impact-Tour-2012-IV.png

So that means we're gonna have two Hogan-Sting matchs? I don't see it.

So the man with the least amount of legacy in TNA/IW (a legacy that involves tantrums and forgetting the names of his workmates) should go over? I've no objection to the man making a living but Flair has had his 'last match' moment (it lasted a full weekend). Right or wrong Hogan and Flair will always be remembered above Sting, to begrudge him a victory in a potential match against either or both of these guys is just wrong.

I don't mind Sting winning but Flair would be different unexpected.

Heel or Face the most successful companies in history are successful because they find that top guy and they ride on him until everybody is exausted of seeing the guy. You can't have 7 guys to push like WCW was in 1998 and expect to be successful. All it does is confuse the viewer when they don't know who to cheer or boo because they want to invest in something but you can't do that when there's not a clear Top bad guy and clear Top hero. Hell the only problem the WWE has had in recent years has been to not find a complelling bad guy to oppose Cena. His Yin to his Yang. And if Punk become that guy it could become quite epic. People talk about the nWo being of shade of grey where people were cheering them even though they were bad guys but when things became interesting was when Sting showed his true colors and attacked them. You had a clear bad against a clear bad guy, two epic forces going against one another. Hogan vs Sting.

Also if people liked the Joker more there would be Joker movies and Joker comics. There isn't. Joker is only good in small dose and when he show up in a Batman comic it's usualy epic. But that's because he appears rarely.

Actually, what killed WCW for a lot of fans was the fact that evil ALWAYS triumphed. Literally from mid 1996-mid 1999, Hulk Hogan was the champion for most of it. There was the 5 day Luger reign, the Sting reign that basically wasn't, then the Goldberg reign for 6 months only to end so Hogan could get the belt back again and the nWo could rule again.

What WCW failed to realize was that the money wasn't in the nWo, it was in the foil to it, Sting. People paid good money to see Sting finally get his hands on Hogan and to see the nWo get destroyed. People were tired of it and ever since it started to include everyone, it wasn't great anyway. This was the night to destroy it, where the good guys prevail.........and they didn't. Most good guys lost and Sting looked like shit in beating Hogan.

Sting had the chance to be "the guy" for WCW and it failed. Then they got lucky and Goldberg had the chance to be that guy.......and they failed. Mostly because both times after being beaten for the belt, they were rarely heard from again.

At the same time, the WWF was building their hero, Steve Austin. Despite Vince McMahon being the ultimate heel and building a group in the Corporation to take down Austin, the hero would be down for stretches but it was never a show so controlled by the heels where you thought the hero had no chance. The villains never prevailed in the end. Actually, the one time the villain prevailed was Wrestlemania 2000 and that show was kinda bad as a result. Fans hated it because they wanted the new hero, The Rock, to win.

Thing is, you NEED that foil. You NEED someone the fans can believe in. Without it, who are the fans supposed to cheer? The flavor of the month that the heels are going to beat anyway?

There's a limit to how unstoppable your face should be, but let's use Cena since Zevon did. Last year, Cena lost his belt to Sheamus is June at Fatal 4 Way. That was the beginning of Nexus being the thorn in his side. Nexus is the joker in this sense. They got the best of Cena FOR MONTHS, even enslaving him at one point and getting him fired at another point. At no time in this was the hero near the top of the heap, competing for the title. After over 6 months of torture, the hero finally conquers, ending the story. Still not the champion, but he conquered his tormenter. If Nexus NEVER lost and was still going today, burying Cena, Orton, and whoever else in the process, who would still want to see it? Why would anyone pay to see an unbeatable heel faction?

What all this has to do with Sting and Hogan, I have no idea!

As far as that goes, so be it. I'd rather see Sting "pass the torch" to somebody, but he kind of did that with AJ Styles at BFG 09.........only for AJ to look awesome until Hogan and Bischoff decided he didn't deserve to look more than midcard awesome, but I digress. It's Sting and he'll get what he wants. The match will suck testicles, but it might draw on name value alone. We'll see. I've said on record that I don't want to see Hogan ever wrestle again due to fear for his health, but if this is what they want, it'll happen.

Actually, what killed WCW for a lot of fans was the fact that evil ALWAYS triumphed. Literally from mid 1996-mid 1999, Hulk Hogan was the champion for most of it. There was the 5 day Luger reign, the Sting reign that basically wasn't, then the Goldberg reign for 6 months only to end so Hogan could get the belt back again and the nWo could rule again.

What WCW failed to realize was that the money wasn't in the nWo, it was in the foil to it, Sting. People paid good money to see Sting finally get his hands on Hogan and to see the nWo get destroyed. People were tired of it and ever since it started to include everyone, it wasn't great anyway. This was the night to destroy it, where the good guys prevail.........and they didn't. Most good guys lost and Sting looked like shit in beating Hogan.

Sting had the chance to be "the guy" for WCW and it failed. Then they got lucky and Goldberg had the chance to be that guy.......and they failed. Mostly because both times after being beaten for the belt, they were rarely heard from again.

At the same time, the WWF was building their hero, Steve Austin. Despite Vince McMahon being the ultimate heel and building a group in the Corporation to take down Austin, the hero would be down for stretches but it was never a show so controlled by the heels where you thought the hero had no chance. The villains never prevailed in the end. Actually, the one time the villain prevailed was Wrestlemania 2000 and that show was kinda bad as a result. Fans hated it because they wanted the new hero, The Rock, to win.

Thing is, you NEED that foil. You NEED someone the fans can believe in. Without it, who are the fans supposed to cheer? The flavor of the month that the heels are going to beat anyway?

There's a limit to how unstoppable your face should be, but let's use Cena since Zevon did. Last year, Cena lost his belt to Sheamus is June at Fatal 4 Way. That was the beginning of Nexus being the thorn in his side. Nexus is the joker in this sense. They got the best of Cena FOR MONTHS, even enslaving him at one point and getting him fired at another point. At no time in this was the hero near the top of the heap, competing for the title. After over 6 months of torture, the hero finally conquers, ending the story. Still not the champion, but he conquered his tormenter. If Nexus NEVER lost and was still going today, burying Cena, Orton, and whoever else in the process, who would still want to see it? Why would anyone pay to see an unbeatable heel faction?

What all this has to do with Sting and Hogan, I have no idea!

As far as that goes, so be it. I'd rather see Sting "pass the torch" to somebody, but he kind of did that with AJ Styles at BFG 09.........only for AJ to look awesome until Hogan and Bischoff decided he didn't deserve to look more than midcard awesome, but I digress. It's Sting and he'll get what he wants. The match will suck testicles, but it might draw on name value alone. We'll see. I've said on record that I don't want to see Hogan ever wrestle again due to fear for his health, but if this is what they want, it'll happen.

What made WCW fail wasn't that Evil always triumped as the other side of the fence, good always triumphed in the WWF and they had their faults too. WCW was always a heel-centric fed going back to the old NWA and that started from way back to the territory days of mid-Atlantic because there's a style that each territories had with different fanbases. The NWA fanbase wasn't the WWF fanbase, they enjoyed something different. Indeed a too strong babyface-oriented WCW would not have worked, the fans would have rejected it. And the nWo would have never worked in any other environment. They made load of money in the nWo so you can't say the money was in Sting, the nWo transformed the WCW and the industry, it caught the zeitgeist, it catered to what the WCW fanbase liked(heel group) yet brought something new and modern and fresh to it. Of course Sting was hot too but the WCW fanbase would have never wanted a babyface being the dominant guy for so long, they would have bored by it. WWF/E fans like Mickey Mouse stuff they like the hero always winning but to the WCW fans there's no drama in that. It's more gratifying to see someone overcoming the odds. And you can't do that if the heels are easily defeated.

I must admit though that Sting and Goldberg should have been better booked once the won the title.

As far as the Nexus comparison...the nWo had the biggest stars! People wanted them to dominate because it would have made no sense otherwise. And that is why they were popular for so long because they were evil but were a a great collection of stars so people admired them.

But in the end though I think the fact that the WWF had a shorter roster, that they focused their show on one guy Steve Austin, made a World of difference. If anything WCW had TOO MUCH stars and it was especially noticeable in 1998(when they lost ground) that they had too much big guys that they had to made to look good, so nobody wants to job, there's no drama. And with the multiple nWos, plus other groups like the Horsemen, you couldn't know who was heel, who was face, there wasn't one clear guy to boo, one clear guy to cheer for. Until Goldberg became big. But the bookers fked that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back