Generation Me Released From TNA Contracts

Skinny, zit-faced, greasy, funny looking. Great in the ring, no doubt, but they have no place in a mainstream company of any kind. They don't look the part and they have zero charisma.

Max was doing this weird smirk thing that was just so fake and cheesy. If that's his view of being witty or heelish, I am not impressed.

Meanwhile Jeremy suffers from the skinny fat guy syndrome. No charisma. No personality.

These two had the opportunities to impress. They started off hot, had a couple of feuds with The Guns, turned heel, turned face. They had chances and they squandered them. Did they have good matches? Absolutely. But that's not enough. Not in this version of TNA. You need to be able to talk, you need charisma, a look and some personality. They didn't have it.

But I can see why they left. The tag-team division is crippled by injuries and hasn't been any great since the series between B.M and The Guns. There is no use for tag team wrestling in TNA, currently. Maybe in the future. It's hard to jam everything in two hours. X-Division, Tag Division, KO's Division, Mid Card, Main Event.

Anyhow, I'm kind of glad they're gone because they made TNA look like an indy just by being there. They look stupid as hell.

You do realise that what you are saying defines the Hardy Bros? :lol:

When the Hardys started everyone was saying "oh these guys can fly but they look like indie wrestlers, they have no personality and charisma". Lo and behold Jeff become WWE champ.

People said the same with AJ, no charisma flip-flopper that look like a perpetual indie guy. People keep the saying the same thing about him TODAY. Same as the MCMG. The lesson in this? Never underestimate anybody.

GenMe where two young guys with creativity and talent and TNA should have used them to reenergizes the X Division. They were what the X division used to be, fast-past, high energy, pulling unreal moves out of nowhere.

You do realise that what you are saying defines the Hardy Bros? :lol:

When the Hardys started everyone was saying "oh these guys can fly but they look like indie wrestlers, they have no personality and charisma". Lo and behold Jeff become WWE champ.

People said the same with AJ, no charisma flip-flopper that look like a perpetual indie guy. People keep the saying the same thing about him TODAY. Same as the MCMG. The lesson in this? Never underestimate anybody.

GenMe where two young guys with creativity and talent and TNA should have used them to reenergizes the X Division. They were what the X division used to be, fast-past, high energy, pulling unreal moves out of nowhere.
AJ Styles wasn't built like a seventh grader, and he looked like a wrestler, not someone who got molested by their uncle.

Jeff Hardy did become the WWE Champion ... 13-14 years after his debut. Perhaps Max or Jeremy could become world champions one day. But I, for one, don't want to wait that long and I won't like them just because someone else who was similiar to them 'did it'. Jeff Hardy made it, everyone else didn't. What are the odds here? If they make it eventually I'll be the first to admit I underestimated them and I shouldn't have. But right now? Right now they have zero charisma, zero mic skills, zero inring psychology, they look like turds and they can only do cool moves. Not enough for me to get behind somebody.

As far as The Guns go, I don't remember ANYONE saying anything like that about them. Shelley always had personality and a look, Sabin always had a look, charisma and good inring skills, so you pulled this one out of your ass.

The way I see it, these guys were given the spotlight, opportunities and matches against the right teams to shine. They shined in a few but never showed ANY improvement. If you watch their first match and their last match it's the same outfits, the same moves, the same everything. They didn't make the most of it, and they packed their shit seeing that they're not going anywhere.

Remember that. THEY chose to leave, TNA didn't fire them. It's their funeral. Come back with some talent, boys. And put on a few pounds too.

TNA utilized them just fine. They didn't utilize themselves.

He said ROH you clown.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Too funny man.

Now back on topic, its true that they are Hardy Boyz 2.0 but without the same charisma. What made me like the Hardys back in the day, was that they showed emotion in every matches they had. Gen Me/Young Bucks they don't show charisma and they never did.

AJ Styles wasn't built like a seventh grader, and he looked like a wrestler, not someone who got molested by their uncle.

Actually yes and he still does. Maybe not by an uncle but a brother given his red neck leanings. Some say no magor promotion will give him a sustained push because of it.

Jeff Hardy did become the WWE Champion ... 13-14 years after his debut. Perhaps Max or Jeremy could become world champions one day. But I, for one, don't want to wait that long and I won't like them just because someone else who was similiar to them 'did it'. Jeff Hardy made it, everyone else didn't. What are the odds here? If they make it eventually I'll be the first to admit I underestimated them and I shouldn't have. But right now? Right now they have zero charisma, zero mic skills, zero inring psychology, they look like turds and they can only do cool moves. Not enough for me to get behind somebody.

I thought the dark hair one showed charisma, esp. when he turned heel. I thought it was pretty good work. And that's something Jeff and Matt never did at that age.

As far as The Guns go, I don't remember ANYONE saying anything like that about them. Shelley always had personality and a look, Sabin always had a look, charisma and good inring skills, so you pulled this one out of your ass.

They always look like indie wrestlers to me. Especially Sabin, that guy has nothing to go for if you wanted to make a top guy out of him. He's ugly and a spot monkey. Has no unique visual style about him. Like what is his character? He's an angry little fella that fly.

The way I see it, these guys were given the spotlight, opportunities and matches against the right teams to shine. They shined in a few but never showed ANY improvement. If you watch their first match and their last match it's the same outfits, the same moves, the same everything. They didn't make the most of it, and they packed their shit seeing that they're not going anywhere.

I thought they shined everytime we saw them. In fact I wished we would have seen more GenMe-MCMG feuds. And it's impossible to say they've improved since we didn't see them enough.

Remember that. THEY chose to leave, TNA didn't fire them. It's their funeral. Come back with some talent, boys. And put on a few pounds too.

TNA utilized them just fine. They didn't utilize themselves.

Are you working for TNA management in any capacity? I'm asking because you seem to take things that happens to TNA personaly. Always siding with management.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Too funny man.

Now back on topic, its true that they are Hardy Boyz 2.0 but without the same charisma. What made me like the Hardys back in the day, was that they showed emotion in every matches they had. Gen Me/Young Bucks they don't show charisma and they never did.

Hardy Boys had zero charisma when they started in the WWF. None. It's only years later after countless changes, after appearances changes, after changing managers countless of times, after their feud with the Brood..Hell even after all this they did not have that much charisma. There were so bland that they never talked on the mic ever. It really changed for them when they went into the TLC matchs with Edge/CC and the Dudleys. They had grown mature by then and those matchs raised their game to another level. And they were changed forever, finally becoming stars. GenMe are young pup almost coming out of the kindergarden. It will be time for them too.

New Hot Fed, yeah, but their time isn't now i guess. Will they come back to TNA? Sure why not, they (GenMe) are still young. All they need to be better is to add more personality, and for satan's sake grow some muscles because they look like i could kill them with one punch.

This was sad to hear. They were a good team that could have helped continue building TNA's tag team division. I think they would have won the tag team titles eventually. Perhaps they felt they were not being used properly. I bet we will see them return to TNA at some point because I just do not see them doing well anywhere else. Especially in WWE with how they treat tag teams. Hopefully things go well for them and maybe they will return for a more successful run.

I have to admit that GenMe's release initially came as a surprise to me because I thought they were going to play some role in the X Division storyline. It's kind of a shame because unlike the other TNA release in Orlando Jordan, the Bucks were a lot of fun to watch in the ring. I'm surprised they didn't even have a short trial run with the tag team titles because I was so sure they'd win them eventually. But in the grand scheme of things, their release is ultimately not a big deal. While they had great chemistry in the ring as a team, they had very little to offer personality-wise. They definitely would not have had much if any long term success in today's TNA. However, the Bucks are still young and they have their entire careers ahead of them. I do think we'll find them back in TNA at some point in the future. I'm guessing they'll be heading to ROH soon. Definitely not WWE though.

A bit of a shame, really. But to be honest, besides their matches with MMG there wasn't much else do them. Filler is always good to have for such occasions and funny enough that's what they did in their last match. But if this gives room to guys like Austin Aries, then let's trade the bottles for oranges.

A bit of a shame, really. But to be honest, besides their matches with MMG there wasn't much else do them. Filler is always good to have for such occasions and funny enough that's what they did in their last match. But if this gives room to guys like Austin Aries, then let's trade the bottles for oranges.

I always thought with all the X division wrestlers, TNA should have had X division tag belts. GenMe would have been perfect for it. In fact for years I thought it would have been the ideal role for the MCMG(until they became older and took it a step further to become World champs).

I always thought with all the X division wrestlers, TNA should have had X division tag belts. GenMe would have been perfect for it. In fact for years I thought it would have been the ideal role for the MCMG(until they became older and took it a step further to become World champs).

TNA doesn't have enough tv time to focus on the titles they already have let alone to add another title to the show. Hell the KO tag titles are a big waist of time and should of never been created, I get what they were trying to do with them but the division doesn't have the depth it once did. Shit their even pushing it by bringing the AAA title to Impact, don't even know if it's gonna be defended or just a way to bring in some stars from AAA, and when was the last time you saw the actual tag belts get some focus on Impact? The only focus for the X division wrestlers should be the X division title, which neither of the Bucks is good enough to hold.

It would seem that people are still mistaking "not having the opportunity to show charisma" with "having no charisma". If you think the Bucks have no charisma, you are clearly a dumb fuck and deserve to be called one. The guys can both talk and show their personality. Just because they have been given little opportunity to show it, it doesn't mean it's not there.

On to their look. So they don't look like Crimson? Big fucking deal. In wrestling, difference is awesome. Wouldn't it suck if everyone had to have a look that people percieve as "marketable"? Not everyone has to look like Randy Orton to be successful.

And finally, their in-ring ability. Well, that speaks for itself, doesn't it? Incredibly gifted tag team. Being brothers, they know eachother so well and it shows. Really fun to watch.

It's a shame they chose to leave, but it's fully understandable. Like they said, if you're not working, you're not earning. I'm hoping to see them on ROH TV in September. Hopefully a better company will successfully utilise them.

I wasn't impressed with this team. I saw their matches. The team was nothing more than a clone of the Hardys. Impact Wrestling should had made them more original.

It would seem that people are still mistaking "not having the opportunity to show charisma" with "having no charisma". If you think the Bucks have no charisma, you are clearly a dumb fuck and deserve to be called one. The guys can both talk and show their personality. Just because they have been given little opportunity to show it, it doesn't mean it's not there.
You my friend, deserve to be called a dumb fuck. Not me or anyone else. They got PLENTY of opportunity. They had tons of promos on Impact to showcase it and they could not. They showed POOR mic skills and acting against the Guns. They showed it against Beer Money and TNA.

They had their own little 10 minute bio on ReAction and they were boring on that as well. They don't have anything but wrestling ability. It's very clear.

On to their look. So they don't look like Crimson? Big fucking deal. In wrestling, difference is awesome. Wouldn't it suck if everyone had to have a look that people percieve as "marketable"? Not everyone has to look like Randy Orton to be successful.
Nobody said anything about looking like Crimson or Randy Orton. Those guys are obviously marketable because they are stars. Generation ME are a bunch of Hardy Boyz Mini versions that never got respected by the IWC or casual fans. If you want that argument, take it up with those people.

And finally, their in-ring ability. Well, that speaks for itself, doesn't it? Incredibly gifted tag team. Being brothers, they know eachother so well and it shows. Really fun to watch.
Really fun to watch if your a ROH ****e who can't comprehend anything other than wrestling and not the art of the profession. Promos, Look, Acting, Marketability and Skill are what made this business. Not some guy doing spotmonkey flips and nothing else.

Why do you think Amazing Red has no role? Because he sucks at everything besides flippy shit wrestling. We all love it but if you cannot cut a decent promo, you won't last.

It's a shame they chose to leave, but it's fully understandable. Like they said, if you're not working, you're not earning. I'm hoping to see them on ROH TV in September. Hopefully a better company will successfully utilise them.
Nobody will even be watching. ROH airs in the Midnight to MORNING. Therefore, a "better" company won't do shit. I hope to god you are not insinuating ROH is a better company.

You my friend, deserve to be called a dumb fuck. Not me or anyone else. They got PLENTY of opportunity. They had tons of promos on Impact to showcase it and they could not. They showed POOR mic skills and acting against the Guns. They showed it against Beer Money and TNA.

They had their own little 10 minute bio on ReAction and they were boring on that as well. They don't have anything but wrestling ability. It's very clear.

Well we're at a stalemate, aren't we. I'm clearly right because I have fact on my side. Whenever I've seen them on the indies, say in ROH or PWG, they've been exceptional in terms of mic skills and charisma. And hell, the couple of times I've seen them talk in TNA, they've at least been passable on the mic.

Nobody said anything about looking like Crimson or Randy Orton. Those guys are obviously marketable because they are stars. Generation ME are a bunch of Hardy Boyz Mini versions that never got respected by the IWC or casual fans. If you want that argument, take it up with those people.

I used Crimson and Randy Orton as examples. Zeven_Zion stupidly said that they need to put on weight and "look like wrestlers", whatever that means. They don't. It doesn't matter if they don't have the huge, tatooed and muscular generic look. You want any further proof? Look at the new WWE Champion. Also, calling Crimson a "star" is hilarious.

Really fun to watch if your a ROH ****e who can't comprehend anything other than wrestling and not the art of the profession. Promos, Look, Acting, Marketability and Skill are what made this business. Not some guy doing spotmonkey flips and nothing else.

Ah, trust you to read what I wrote... and then miss the point completely. I think we've established that they can cut a promo, their look is different (you've yet to tell me why that's bad?), their acting is fine and their marketability is partly down to the company. It's partly the company's resposibility to make a wrestler as marketable and appealing to the fan as possible.

Why do you think Amazing Red has no role? Because he sucks at everything besides flippy shit wrestling. We all love it but if you cannot cut a decent promo, you won't last.

You just wrote that Crimson was a star. I'm starting to feel that everything you say from now is just invalid, Dizzy. I really am.

Nobody will even be watching. ROH airs in the Midnight to MORNING. Therefore, a "better" company won't do shit. I hope to god you are not insinuating ROH is a better company.

Um, ROH doesn't air. So I don't know where you got this "midnight to morning" stuff from. And from a quality perspective, Ring Of Honor is a better company than TNA.

TNA doesn't have enough tv time to focus on the titles they already have let alone to add another title to the show. Hell the KO tag titles are a big waist of time and should of never been created, I get what they were trying to do with them but the division doesn't have the depth it once did. Shit their even pushing it by bringing the AAA title to Impact, don't even know if it's gonna be defended or just a way to bring in some stars from AAA, and when was the last time you saw the actual tag belts get some focus on Impact? The only focus for the X division wrestlers should be the X division title, which neither of the Bucks is good enough to hold.

There should be enough X division wrestlers to have X tag titles. If The X Division was a real division that is. I remember in WCW the cruiserweight division had like 20 guys with the luchadores.

There should be enough X division wrestlers to have X tag titles. If The X Division was a real division that is. I remember in WCW the cruiserweight division had like 20 guys with the luchadores.

I'm not saying they don't have enough x division wrestler to create x tag titles, I'm saying they don't have enough tv time for those titles to get the focus they woud need to be concidered credible.

They don't have enough tv time right now to give the titles they have the proper focus they could use without making everything seemed rushed through.

Maybe if they ever get a second show and drop the KO tag titles it would be a good idea for someting like x tag titles b ut not now.

Gen Me were terrible in TNA. They looked like little kids wrestling. Sorry, I never saw them as a legitimate threat. They need to hit the weights a bit more.

I hated them. I even hated them in ROH where their style is more liked. The made the Briscoe Brothers look like the poster team for pacing and ring psychology for god's sake. Just total nonstop spots and total nonstop no selling from these guys. Good for TNA.

You know, I was thinking. TNA needs a developmental territory. They need to teach guys that if you're gonna work in front of the ROH audience or in Dragon Gate USA then fine, do a million spots, turn it into a gymnastics exhibition. However, when you get on US mainstream TV, you have to change shit or else you're just gonna look like a scrawny hokey fake spot monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back