Manchester United: A Club In Crisis.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is no doubting it, Manchester United is one of the most recognisable brands in the world of sports. For 20-something years, they have had unrivalled success in regards to accomplishments. And under the guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson, they always seemed like a stable unit, capable of almost anything.

But now, they are a club in free fall. Since Ferguson left, there has been a legend sized hole in the club, capped off by the sacking of David Moyes this morning.

Rumours are already flying around about who is permanently going to succeed the Scot but if Moyes was inheriting a poisoned chalice last year, then whoever takes over this time around is sure to be facing a tougher challenge.

Looking at the team, there are only 3 players that I would keep. Van Persie, Rooney and Matt are the only quality players in the line up that are likely to be there at the start of next season. And with the new manager being promised upwards of £100m, a lot of rebuilding needs to be done.

People expect a quick fix with a new manager but there is absolutely no way that this is likely to happen. Manchester United are a club in crisis. To get Manchester United back to the peak of their abilities, they need massive investment and £100m is just not enough. 8 of the 11 starting players for Manchester United are not even near good enough. And with no allure of Champions League football next season, it's going to be a tough haul for whoever takes the reins.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Who do you think will (or should) take over from Moyes?

2. Which players will be shown the door at the close season and who is really available for Manchester United to bring in?

3. What is a realistic performance for Manchester United next season?

I'm not a United fan meaning I have found this hilarious. I kind off feel sorry for Moyes but it is great to see such a dominant team do badly.

I reckon Ryan Giggs would be a good choice as manger. No-one knows the club better as he has been there for over two decades. He has won an incredible amount of trophies which is important. Someone like Guardiola only had one year as a B team manger before becoming the Barcelona manager. Giggs is an experienced guy who already knows the players and is respected in football. The fans simply won't turn on him and he will crave success for the club and its fans.

I honestly don't think the squad is that bad. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie are all incredible footballers. Kagawa, Hernandez, De Gea, Fletcher are all pretty good in my eyes plus some young players who have got a lot of experience. Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra are all going. I'd sell Cleverly, Young and Fellaini (if anyone wants him) That leaves some pretty big gaps in the squad that have to be rectified if Untied are to compete.

They obviously need a couple of centre backs; a left back and a centre mid or two. Another winger wouldn't hurt as well but it depends on how much a new manager would get to spend. No Champions league football will hurt but it's still Manchester United. Players like Luke Shaw, Lars Bender, Rakitic, Inigo Martinez, Griezmann would all be fine.

Manchester United's target should always be the title. This season has been awful but they can definitely challenge next year. They will have a different manager who will be respected by the players. Add 5 or 6 players and they could conceivably challenge. City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool (unless they sell Suarez) will all strengthen meaning the 2014/15 season will be incredible. United have an advantage of not being in Europe so they should make Champions league. It will be difficult but the Moyes Era is over and it will only get better.

I think you're completely wrong. They're not in crisis at all. They're still one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fantastic history which is a big enough incentive for any top manager. And all they need is a new manager. The problem was Moyes - he wasn't good enough for the job. Yes the squad is ageing and Fergie did leave at a bit of a precarious time but you're acting as if they have some terrible squad.

Like MCMG said, they have plenty of top talent. RVP, Rooney and Mata are all exceptional but you've also got one of the best young keepers in the world in De Gea, you've got two midfield geniuses in Kagawa and Januzaj and Rafael was developing really nicely under Fergie last year at right back. Nice to mention other great squad players who not only bring quality, but experience also. All they need is a couple of centre halves, a left back and someone to play in the centre.

It might not happen instantly, but with the right man they're not going to be down for too long. Fans, because of the media, overact about everything. They're not in crisis. It's football - anything can happen.

First of all they are not in crisis, they are on transition...

1. Who do you think will (or should) take over from Moyes?
Klopp would be interesting solution. But he will never leave Dortmund. They want Simeone and Anceloti but they will hardly just leave Atletico and Real and final name that was around was Van Gal. All would be very good solutions.

2. Which players will be shown the door at the close season and who is really available for Manchester United to bring in?
]
Vidic is allready out. I would thank even Carick and most of the defense as well as Felaini and Januzaj.

They mentioned that they allready have Shaw signed so thats nice player but they would need lot more defense power and maybe some in midfield like Reus(if they somehow bring Klopp he would maybe go with him)

3. What is a realistic performance for Manchester United next season?
Well if they play better at least CL spot. With new manager and little team reconstruction its realistic possibility...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back