Lucha Underground: Mil Muertes vs. Fenix

Bagpipes

Top Guys Out
What an absolutely awesome match this was.

The faces of death coming out at the beginning with the coffin set the scene, but the action greatly overshadowed the use of an entrance gimmick.

The match itself was brutal. Fenix was bloodied and beaten by Mil all over the arena. I don't think I've ever seen a casket used as a weapon as it was here. Mil removing the lower bolt assembly from the ringpost and beating Fenix with it was another unique touch. Fenix responded to everything Mil threw at him, doing two particular spots on the crowd, jumping off guard railings.

The ending with Katrina opening the casket and Fenix coming off the top rope to knock Mil in was fitting for the storyline. And the Lick of Death on Mil's rock was a nice touch before she slammed the lid.

Hands down the best casket match I've ever seen and probably one of the best all around matches since LU's inception.

Super pumped to watch this match. Still catching up on a few shows before it though first.

Finally got around to this match a few days ago and it just blew my freaking mind and is currently my match of the year right next to the Rumble triple threat (still haven't finished watching WK9...I know, I know). I've rarely seen a more brutal, bloody, intense, knock-down drag-out kind of fight than that, easily the best casket match ever, and the best match in the history of LU so far. Just a perfect combination of story and work. That match gives me so much hope for LU to continue being amazing. Gave it ****3/4 on the blog.

Finally got around to this match a few days ago and it just blew my freaking mind and is currently my match of the year right next to the Rumble triple threat (still haven't finished watching WK9...I know, I know). I've rarely seen a more brutal, bloody, intense, knock-down drag-out kind of fight than that, easily the best casket match ever, and the best match in the history of LU so far. Just a perfect combination of story and work. That match gives me so much hope for LU to continue being amazing. Gave it ****3/4 on the blog.

What'd you think of Aztec Warfare?

What'd you think of Aztec Warfare?

Great match, which until this one was the best match the company had yet. It's crazy how much better their version of a Royal Rumble was than the WWE's. Great booking, fun spots, eliminations. Whole thing was a great way to crown a first champion, I wasn't quite as high on it as some people because I think I gave it just ***3/4 on the blog, but then, I'm a jaded old fart. Still though, great match.

Was looking for a Lucha Underground thread but...there like, isn't one. We need a general LU thread methinks, cause this is the best wrestling show on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back