Aztec Warfare Is Coming Jan 7th; Lucha Underground's First Champion

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
As announced on the last broadcast of Lucha Underground, January 7th will be their return. And a big one as they'll hold a 20 person "Aztec Warfare" match. The rules aren't clear yet as it might be a Rumble-type match or a standard Gauntlet match. But 20 of LU's most outstanding wrestlers will try out to be the first LU Champion. But who? Who's the preferred choice? It's a deep pool of guys with big enough focus.

Maybe the villainous Chavo Guerrero will sneak away with it? Or the devastating Mil Muertes? Or maybe Big Zeke will cheat his way to it like he's done before? Maybe Johnny Mundo will succeed? Prince Puma? How about Fenix? Sexy Star might pull it off and prove women can do it too.

My pick? Pimpinela Escarlata.

OK, maybe not. Mil Muertes is my pick as the man has the look and attitude to be the most outstanding heel. Rick is dull in the ring, Chavo is dull out of it. Muertes is the package deal.

I'd agree that if LU wants to go with a heel champion, Mil Muertes seems like the logical choice.

Chavo is better suited not being the top guy, at least for now. King Cuerno is very good, but he's got the whole Drago fued going on now, which doesn't seem like it's ready for Main Event status quite yet.

If they go the other direction and have a babyface champion, Johnny Mundo seems like the best bet.

Then there's Prince Puma, who I feel is the most entertaining in-ring performer LU has. He plays the tweener role pretty well too, not to mention having Konnan in his ear.

There are alot of good options, I'm really looking forward to this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back