LSN80

Not seen it yet, just read the review online. It sounded pretty good to me?

Why was it so shit dude?

There was literally under 20 minutes of wrestling, and the only match worth watching was the main event between Cena and Riley, and that's mostly because it was humorous, and none of the promos lived up to expectations.

There was literally under 20 minutes of wrestling, and the only match worth watching was the main event between Cena and Riley, and that's mostly because it was humorous, and none of the promos lived up to expectations.

They reiled too heavily on pre-taped segments. Im a huge fan of legends such as the Rock and Shawn Michaels weighing in, but I want to see verbal confrontations. The only somewhat face to face encounters were Punk/Orton(which blew) and Cena/Miz, which was the only one that truly built toward Wrestlemania. HHH buried a man who destroyed him 10 months ago withease, which is a huge gap in logic. Nice blowoff to the feud. It was good to see Evan Bourne back and healthy, but hes virtually irrelevant, and a win over a beat up Sheamus in 2 mins does nothing to change that. Alex Riley and Cena had one heck of a cage match, and Riley looked great. But other then HHH's opening promo and the Riley/Cena match with Miz phenomenal on commentary, the real build toward Wrestlemania matches was non-existant. they continued the burial of the US title as I was excited to see Bryan getting a math, but that turned out to be nothing more then a backdrop for Miz to destroy him from behind. The Divas battle royal may have been the worst ive ever seen, and thats sying alot considering its, well, the Divas. Am I missing anything J?

And yes, i lied. Raw sucked last night.

Rock's Promo was very good.

It would have been better had it not be pretaped and in person. The Rock/Cena faceoff can and should wait, but him not doing it live hurt it in my eyes. Same with HBK, who sounded as disinterested as one could be.

Urgh that sucks. The review sounded awesome, with the Michaels and Rock promos, the cage match and the Orton/Punk segment looked good too.

Very disappointing

Trust me Buffalo blows, especially in winter.

can you really fault either of them for not leaving Nice warm LA & Texas for shitty cold Buffalo, NY?

I wouldn't say he buried Sheamus. In fact, that segment was one of the few things I liked.

The RAW was 100% build-up to Wrestlemania, and that's fine and all, but it made for shitty television.

Don't listen to these whiners. Having Rock there last night would've made no difference. Way too soon for a face-to-face moment with these two.

It wasn't a great show, but it wasn't total ass. Sheamus will be just fine. Daniel Bryan getting laid out by Miz gives me some hope that they'll include Bryan somehow in Miz's near future.

Sheamus is far from getting buried. Heck, last week they had him getting insecure about DB and Miss Kim possibly laughing at his expense. It's an angle and he's on television every week in a major way. No shame in that. When you start as world champion, anything that isn't a marquee match after that seems like a burial to people like smarks who are looking for one. But this isn't that.

As for Triple H destroying him, no. He simply decided that instead of hearing what Sheamus had to say, he'd catch him off guard with a low-blow and jump start the brawl. Nothing wrong with what I saw at all, and it's not as though I'm timid about calling Triple H out when he buries someone.

Don't let the lie to you. Orton vs. Punk is magnificent.

Punk vs Orton is magnificent. I just felt it was somewhat off last night. It was the saaame begging and pleading from Punk, followed by Orton escaping through the crowd that was lacking. It was a repeat from the Harris punt, essentially. I kept waiting for gold to come from Punk's mouth, and it never came.

Rock's promo was by no means bad, but if you're expecting another epic verbal smackdown, you'll be disappointed.

As for the issue of The Rock being there... in some ways it's better that he wasn't. If he was there, there would be no reason for Cena NOT to come out and have a face to face with Rocky. Still, the Buffalo crowd didn't seem to be that into the promo and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because they were tired of listening to people talk, and the fact that The Rock wasn't even there probably didn't help.

They clearly have some sort of plan for Sheamus at Mania, I'm just not quite sure what it is yet...

I agree on this. Something tells me it has to do with the US title, or even him winning Money in the Bank, of all things. Swagger was given the same treatment headed into WM 26 and won, so I wouldnt be surprised if he won this one, even though he's a former two time champ. Id rather see him and Bryan, but wouldn't mind either option.

J, the reason I saw it as a burial of Sheamus is that he came back and interrupted what one would assume would be a rusty HHH. HHH destroyed him with ease. It felt like the blowoff of their feud, and it deserves so much more after Sheamus put him on the shelf for so long.

As for the Rock promo, his first was the penultimate of the feud. I wasn;t expecting better. It would have just been nice to see him apear in front of the fans he so lovingly put over.

And where was Morrison? Hes been portrayed as a star as of late, but was left entirely off the show.

Sheamus is far from getting buried. Heck, last week they had him getting insecure about DB and Miss Kim possibly laughing at his expense. It's an angle and he's on television every week in a major way. No shame in that. When you start as world champion, anything that isn't a marquee match after that seems like a burial to people like smarks who are looking for one. But this isn't that.

Im looking for something that makes Sheamus seem like a threat, the badass he was portrayed as being He's on tv every week, yes, but that makes him relevant. It hs nothing to do with him being buried. Id love to see a Bryan/Sheamus match, or some sort of challenge by Sheamus, but we've seen him lose to mid-carders every week who won't make the Wrestlemania card. Intriguing and peaking my curiosity? Yes. Any semblance of plans for him? No.

As for Triple H destroying him, no. He simply decided that instead of hearing what Sheamus had to say, he'd catch him off guard with a low-blow and jump start the brawl. Nothing wrong with what I saw at all, and it's not as though I'm timid about calling Triple H out when he buries someone.

I understand what youre saying, but Sheamus put HHH on the shelf. Low blow or not, this felt like a simple blowoff to a feud that deserves much more. Not at Wrestlemania obviously, but a match would have been nice. Instead, he was destroyed by HHH. The way he's been portrayed the majority of his career is as a total badass whose hard to keep down. Suddenly one HHH low blow did just that, and the feud between the two appears to be blown off with a simple segment. It deserves so much more. And Sheamus wasn't coming out to talk, as they emphasized, he was coming out for a match. i just dont like that HHH utterly dominated him and just moved on from there, with Sheamus looking even weaker then he's been portrayed in the past. He got no offense in whatsoever in what appears to be the blowoff of the feud as HHH hinted at leaning towards retirement. Hunter should have gone over, and looked strong in the process. Bu there should have been something more then Sheamus being utterly destroyed.

Pardon me if my arguments arent up to par, Im entirely sleep deprived.

I love that everyone is so sure we're not going to get a match between Sheamus and Triple H.

I love that everyone is so sure we're not going to get a match between Sheamus and Triple H.

At Wrestlemania or in general? I'd say it's pretty damn likely we're going to get one within the next two weeks.

DirtyJosé;2899711 said:
What I've learned in 24 hours is that most people don't know what a burial truly is.

Past 24 hours? This forum clamors over how some guy gets buried anytime someone loses. The fact that Sheamus came out to interrupt is proof enough that he's not getting buried. If he was really getting buried, the WWE wouldn't even care enough to have him be assaulted by Triple H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back