Live Discussion:tribute to the troops 20/12/08

The only thing that could have possibly made this show worth watching would have been if they had shown Joey Styles knocking the shit out of JBL

I'm all for having a house show over there...I'm just not sure that NBC will continue to carry it if it continues to be this bad. Why not go over there with the intention of not putting on a massively horrid show?

I'll be interested to see the ratings.

i was very disapointed in the TTT this year. It was a pretty bad show loaded with commercials. Granted the troops don't see all these commercials but the past TTT have been MUCH better and have been 2 hours. There were no singles matches at all like in past years. I have to list the matches for you new guys to see the quality of show from 2003-2007 compared to 2008. Since 2003 until now we been treated with Big Show vs Carlito (although that was a squash) Mick Foley vs. JBL, Benjamin vs. Snitsky, Chris Masters vs Cena, The Coach vs Flair (lol), Michaels vs HHH, Cena vs Edge, Punk vs Shelton, Lashley vs Hardcore Holly, Umaga vs Jeff Hardy, Carlito vs Randy Orton, Undertaker vs Nitro, Randy Orton Vs. Chris Jericho, D-Generation X Vs. Umaga & Mr. Kennedy, Carlito Vs. Jeff Hardy, Mark Henry vs Mysterio, Booker T vs Rene Dupree, Undertaker vs Heidenreich, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns, The APA vs Worlds Greatest Tag Team, Eddie vs Benoit, Cena vs Big Show, Rikishi vs Rhyno, Stone Cold Stunners, Divas Matches. Most of those matches weren't that bad. They weren't these fast paced, quick finished 6 man tags like you saw this year. I think they dropped the ball this year. I have to admit part of the whole idea of TTT is for the wrestlers to spend time with the troops; which they did. But from an entertainment point of view, there was not much in-ring action.

I still think the only reason WWE do it is for nice publicity.

I would have to completely disagree. This is something that the wwe wrestlers do becasue they love to do it and they want to entertain the soldiers in Iraq, or Afghanastan who don't get to come home and spend time with their families. Wrestlers in the WWE WANT to go to there and perform and I think it's for the right reasons. While Mcmahon loves publicity, this is definately not one of those times.

I would have to completely disagree. This is something that the wwe wrestlers do becasue they love to do it and they want to entertain the soldiers in Iraq, or Afghanastan who don't get to come home and spend time with their families. Wrestlers in the WWE WANT to go to there and perform and I think it's for the right reasons. While Mcmahon loves publicity, this is definately not one of those times.

Then why don't they do the equivalent of house shows?

well no shit

It's good that those army geezers have something to watch at Christmas. Even though it takes place two months before that day and most would prefer to meet some American Footballers, or at least people from something they watch.

But if WWE didn't get the publicity then they wouldn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back