Live Discussion: RAW 2/11/2008 **NO SPOILERS**

Jesus fucking Christ Sly, Explain to me how for the past 3 FUCKING YEARS! Kennedy and Hardy have been shoved down my throat. That is what makes this shit sooooo boring and predictable.

What about Hardy winning tonight, or him beating HHH at armageddon. All I'm saying is wwe is trying to make things less dull and predictable and i think theyre doing that.

Jesus fucking Christ Sly, Explain to me how for the past 3 FUCKING YEARS! Kennedy and Hardy have been shoved down my throat.
Explain to me how Cena was shoved down your throat for the past 4 months.

Cena wasn't shoved down your throat, he was just what fans wanted. How do I know he is what fans wanted? Because he was the biggest draw.

Explain to me how Cena was shoved down your throat for the past 4 months.

Cena wasn't shoved down your throat, he was just what fans wanted. How do I know he is what fans wanted? Because he was the biggest draw.

Exactly. Hardy has been getting the biggest pops on the show and tonight he was in the main event. Cena was getting the biggest reactions, either cheers or boos, and therefore he was in the main event. And about him being champion for a year, who else was going to be the champion? Khali? Umaga? Lashley?

He was injured. He returns and we are back to the same bullshit that we have seen for years now.

RAW didn't hurt without him. In fact IMO it was better.

That last part is the thing. It's your opinion. It's my opinion that its been more unpredictable lately.

About 1990. I'm not saying its the attitude era again but after what we put up with for the last year its a nice breath of air.

Good. Please never mention the wonderful greatness of the Attitude Era with today's product. Anyone. Please just don't. Save yourself from pure ignorance.

I've never thought it was anythign close to the late 90s. Nothing will ever come close to it again. I'm neither a cena fan or a cena hater, but I don't htink he is as bad as he is made out to be. Yes he was all we saw for a year, and it definately looks like he's being put back as the main focus again which will get old fast, but for now at least there's something else as a major storyline.

Attitude era was great in comparison to most other eras. The mid 80s were great, but other than that attitude era was good because there was competition, biut that's another argument.

Bullshit Sly. Name a better period of time in wrestling, the 80's? :lmao:
Take away Austin and Rock and there isn't a whole lot left of the Attitude Era that was too spectacular. And there were plenty of garbage moments then, and the overall roster was weaker than it is now.

vince made a lot more money in that era though, didn't he?
Sure. He had two mega draws. Doesn't change the quality of the overall program.

That's true about rock and austin being the big draws but the midcard was solid. DX vs the nation, taker getting more and mroe satanly, foley being the crazy man he is today, the tag titles meaning something. Not to mention the title was defended so much more on tv. Now if you miss the opening you miss a boring match/segment. Back then you'd miss a decent match that advanced a storyline usually, but not alwyas/

LMFAO Sly.

I gotta go after that one. Goodnight all.
Laugh you FAT ass off?

Are you sure you're not a fat black man Wes?

That's true about rock and austin being the big draws but the midcard was solid. DX vs the nation, taker getting more and mroe satanly, foley being the crazy man he is today, the tag titles meaning something. Not to mention the title was defended so much more on tv. Now if you miss the opening you miss a boring match/segment. Back then you'd miss a decent match that advanced a storyline usually, but not alwyas/
See, that's the biggest problem with those who love to relive the Attitude era days.

The first segment on Raw was almost ALWAYS a 30 minute promo/interview. The wrestling was minimal, the storylines were completely over the top. In fact, the storylines were so over the top, that storylines today seem mundane. DX vs. the Nation was solid, but that didn't even last a full year, so you're telling that makes for a all around good midcard? Undertaker was practicing blasphemy, sponsors were pulling their adverts because of it, Foley had to kill himself practically.

The Attitude era is completely overrated. It's also responsible for the decline of pro wrestling over the last 5 years.

The attitude era had pretty deep roster, rock, stone cold, hhh, jericho, taker, kane, foley, test, angle, eddie, benoit, big show, big bossman, rikishi (though some of them werent there until towards the end) and the tag team division was rediculous, with the hardys, dudleys, APA, E&C. im prolly forgetting a few guys too.

Yeah a lot of it back then was overhyped but that's what was fun about it. It was so over the top that it was entertaining. I don't want another attitude era, it was a one time thing. DX-Nation was just an example not a certain one that was great. yes it did kill off wrestling for the next 5 years, including being the killer of ecw, but it also was a great time as a fan.

All I'm going to say is, I'd probably be more into the incest storyline if Lea and Burchill were billed from like West Virgina or something, if your going to do an incest storyline at least have some authenticity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back