Kip James Interview:Kip going back to WWE? Shoots on TNA a bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Wizard

Gregory Helms > You
Kip James walked into the studio. Here are the highlights (the full 30 minute interview can be heard for free on the Showdown.net site).

Kip commented on Cena using the Fame-Asser on the Rumble PPV. Kip said Cena steals a lot of stuff but it is okay since Cena "is limited."

Most of the VKM material is from BG James and Kip themselves. Vince Russo, who is writing at TNA basically lets VKM do their own thing without getting too involved.

The hosts reminded Kip that their airwaves are Internet-only (every Sunday night live at 11PM EST. on Showdown.net) and he was free to curse, this was when Kip seemed to really get comfortable.

Kip made some bold statements. Kip said "When you've seen one X Division match you have seen them all."

Kip says he is a huge General Hospital fan and that [WWE] wrestling has gotten away from the cliffhangers that make people want to watch week to week. The hosts take WWE's side and say TNA drags their angles out too long. Kip says TNA has a much smaller fan base so it takes longer for the mass of fans to grasp the storyline. Because of this, it is important for TNA not to move their angles as fast as WWE.

Kip says Vince McMahon's ego will not allow himself to comment on VKM on WWE TV. Kip says Vince probably "loves" the angle since it was Vince's own original ideas being reversed on him.

Kip puts over LAX.

Kip says TNA gives the fans too much in one hour and they are not leaving the fans wanting more the following week.

Kip says TNA is wasting Bobby Roode. Kip says Roode is going to be a HUGE star and it WON'T be from TNA because "they don't know how" [to push a guy]. Kip jokes that he is probably going to get fired tomorrow at the TNA tapings for what he says in this interview. {Note to TNA officials: Kip's attitude towards TNA was much more friendly than how Kid Kash was in that "other interview" I recapped two years ago that seemed to cause a lot of trouble in your office}.

Kip says he has heat with Rico (former WWE wrestler).

Kip says he would "leave TNA in a heartbeat" if WWE offers him enough money. Kip says he actually left WWE on good terms and was just victim of WWE wanting to refresh the locker room. Kip said he was in WWE for 13 years.

Kip said he won a lot of things in WWE but it didn't mean sh*t. Kip talks about his feud with The Rock and jokes about being mad at him because he didn't get his copy of Gridiron Games in the mail yet.

Kip says women have no place in the wrestling ring. Kip said Miss Texas and Luna are the only two that could wrestle like guys. Kip said he didn't like Lita after the hosts put her over. Kip says adding the "ugly ass" girls of TNA to a new women's division would be a big waste of TNA's already limited time.

Kip says the addition of Kurt Angle to TNA is a good thing for TNA. The hosts mention the upcoming "all WWE main event" of the TNA PPV and Kip said he really doesn't want to see it and that he will probably drive home before the match even starts. Kip said he doesn't even remember when the next TNA PPV is taking place.

Kip talked about an encounter earlier that day with the local cheerleaders from the Arena Football League and a funny road story about an auto accident involving him and BG James that Ken Shamrock and Vince McMahon got involved in. The interview ended and Kip jetted out of the studio for his flight to Florida for the TNA tapings the next day.

Source:Gerweck.net

Kip James and BG James are not worth anything as singles competitors. They have no right to say anything about TNA Wrestling. Kip James never made it as a singles competitor because he never had it. I doubt Mcmahon will ever sign Kip and if they do it will only be to take a shot at TNA and after this war with TNA is over, he'll just get dropped. TNA are sure to drop them both at some point.

One BG James is pissed at the budgets cost and when BG leaves so will Kip. Kip was a flop as a singles competitor in WWE, what makes you think TNA can make it work. It's up to Kip to make it work and he couldn't in WWE. He comes off cocky as if he is an expert when it comes to wrestling. He say's some stuff about Lita. Lita is a better wrestler that Kip when it comes to variety. A womens division is better than the 15 minute angle after angle TNA puts up. The thing about VKM is what I noticed is they don't seem scared that they can get fired. Kip proved my point. He laughed at the fact he could get fired for the things he said about TNA.

Yes, I agree TNA does feed us to many angles at once but they are limited to one hour and about the womens divison taking up time that TNA does't really have. TNA are getting 2 hours soon so the womens divison thing will not take up limited time. Also if TNA's women division is anything like AAA's then I doubt it will suck. You can watch AAA on the galavation station.

Kid Kash had a attitude problem with WWE also. That's what led to his release and Jamie Noble being left to dry. So doesn't that tell you that it's not TNA and maybe Kid Kash.

As far as Robert Roode goes. He is a great Athlete. I agree they are pushing Eric Young and Roode. But Roode has been loosing matches where as Young has been winning matches and getting over. IMO, they should turn this into one of those heel and face tag team connection like in original ECW with Dreamer and Raven.

What does everyone else think about this interview?

Kip speaks his piece. While I don't agree with some of what he says, and he does come off as a grade-A @sshole, it's to be expected. His comments about the X-division matches are bull$hit, though. There have been X-division title matches he couldn't buy his way into in terms of talent. He's also not one to talk considering that for as long as he's been in TNA he and BG haven't even gotten past the midcard because he can't work neck and neck with guys like Daniels, Styles, and Joe. Not that I think Kip is horrible, but he is best-suited (and always has been) for tag work which was why he was WWF's utility man for so long. This interview transcript is funny considering the way Kip came across in that interview a while back on RF when his views against the WWE were the polar opposite of this. That original interview was the main catalyst behind the VKM angle in the first damn place, so either he's had a change of heart, or he's lying out his ass. Either way, VKM needs to actually start wrestling soon or get the hell off of Impact altogether. I've never minded their promos, but they need to actually wrestle and not keep focusing on Kip dumping takeout dinner on Christy's tits. With an hour to burn, that doesn't leave time for useless drivel that doesn't actually revolve around wrestling. If I wanted to watch a program like that there are many hours of WWF garbage I can gag my way through a few nights a week.

Kip commented on Cena using the Fame-Asser on the Rumble PPV. Kip said Cena steals a lot of stuff but it is okay since Cena "is limited."

There both limited. At least Cena did'nt get his push stopped because of his limitation's. As much as I hate Cena he also did'nt get to feud with The Rock. Billy Gunn comletley fucked up on his end in that feud.

Kip made some bold statements. Kip said "When you've seen one X Division match you have seen them all."

Same could be said about a Kip James match. Would anybody else like to see Kip try to hang with Joe?

Kip says Vince McMahon's ego will not allow himself to comment on VKM on WWE TV. Kip says Vince probably "loves" the angle since it was Vince's own original ideas being reversed on him.

Why would Vince even care about V.K.M. They somehow ended up even worse than the 'New' D-X. It's nothing to be proud of and It's been the worst thing on T.N.A. programing in age's.

Kip puts over LAX.

Probably because Homicide & Hernandez would whoop his ass.

Kip says he would "leave TNA in a heartbeat" if WWE offers him enough money. Kip says he actually left WWE on good terms and was just victim of WWE wanting to refresh the locker room. Kip said he was in WWE for 13 years.

Leave T.N.A. and then go and request a job with WWE then Kip. WWE dont need you they've got bigger and greener wrestler's. So there.

I'm starting to wonder if this interview is even remotely legit. I mean, it's such a vast difference from what he'd been on video saying before that it's actually hard to believe he'd actually say some of this stuff. Weird. I wonder, does anybody know if the source is actually bankable? Or is it bunk?

I'm starting to wonder if this interview is even remotely legit. I mean, it's such a vast difference from what he'd been on video saying before that it's actually hard to believe he'd actually say some of this stuff. Weird. I wonder, does anybody know if the source is actually bankable? Or is it bunk?

Yeah this seems a bit ignorant of Kip. but you never know.

but at the end of the day if he doesn't like the product then he should get out, no promotion needs wrestlers who don't believe in the show there helping make.

^Well, what really trips me up is that he ranks on TNA in the interview and says he'd go back to work at WWE, knowing full well that after the VKM segment (and in the same interview stating that Russo keeps VKM on a long leash), that a WWE return would even be in the cards at this point is beyond ridiculous. It just doesn't add up. There is zero logic to it, that's why if unless I see a video of him saying these things...I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Even a guy still sporting a liberty-hawk can't be that stupid. Then again...

The only thing I can think of is if Russo's crazy ass is working this into an angle. He can't be trusted, and he is crazy enough to do something like this just to f**k with the smarks.

The Fame Asser is nothing but a Rocker Dropper with out the arm lock. Hey that from the DX guy Shawn Michaels. What do ya know. Billy Gunn is a walking contradiction and that one of the reason I don't like him. He a follower and not a leader or trendsetter like thy try to say

kip james is old and washed up like steiner and a lot of others in tna, and lets face it most of the under guys in tna will never make in in the big leagues....i know there is a lot of tna fanboys on this site ryan clark ( dude in charge of wrestlezone is one of them) but tna will never have a large fan base 75% percent of there fans are first and foremost wwe fans that watch tna cuz there is no wwe shows on thursday

kip james is old and washed up like steiner and a lot of others in tna, and lets face it most of the under guys in tna will never make in in the big leagues....i know there is a lot of tna fanboys on this site ryan clark ( dude in charge of wrestlezone is one of them) but tna will never have a large fan base 75% percent of there fans are first and foremost wwe fans that watch tna cuz there is no wwe shows on thursday

Same would of been said for WCW but where were they? They were in the big leagues around the mid 1990's weren't they? History will repeat itself. TNA will get a large fan base. WWF never thought of WCW as competition but BAMB! What happens? WCW became a threat. One night. That's all it take's to win a wrestling war. That one night Tony Schiavone gave out the spoilers messed WCW up. That's all it takes for TNA to win the future war. TNA may not have the resources WCW has but Panda energy is still big. Maybe not as big as Ted Turner and his foundation but it's still something not to take likely. WWE is taking interest in TNA. Vince is well aware of it. You may say he doesn't care but he does. Thus the reasons Van Dam didn't get canned and a few others didn't get canned by now.

WWE fans that watch TNA on thursdays watch it because it's good. They know it deep inside and may hide it just to be loyal but they like it. WWE fans can like 2 wrestling federations. Not just one. Alot of WWF fans watched both WCW and WWF.

WWE ruined so many things. Trial and error was one persons excuse but there is no excuse for what happened to heat. Heat used to get 3.0 and above ratings. It's a shame what happened. They had top stars performing making the show a success. But then they put little stars on their ruining the show. They could of atleast built the low cards up to draw enough and then make the move but no. They rushed it. Then heat flopped. What they did? Left it alone. SD! was also getting ratings then they focused everything on RAW and now that place is getting half the ratings it used to have. If WWE continue's ruining stuff it's going to crumble.

The Fame Asser is nothing but a Rocker Dropper with out the arm lock. Hey that from the DX guy Shawn Michaels. What do ya know. Billy Gunn is a walking contradiction and that one of the reason I don't like him. He a follower and not a leader or trendsetter like thy try to say
And "Sweet Chin Music" is a sidekick performed by martial artists for centuries. What's your point? They WERE trendsetters. They may be older these days and definitely riding off past accolades, but I still remember numerous wrestling messageboards in their WWF heyday when nearly every WWE mark was kissing their ass and praising them to high heaven as one of the greatest teams of all time. Irregardless, if this interview is legit...then Kip still is a moron.

Kip is an idiot. This guy has been crap everywhere he's been, and I don't see why we're even paying attention to the guy. He's like a little kid who wants attention... Go away Kip, we don't care, an we dont' want to see you feuding with Christy.

the christy thing is beyond stupid and all its doing is breaking up one of the only tag teams left in tna since russo im assuming, split up nearly all of them.

billy gunn is a complete waste of a roster spot...kip james, whatever...he is a big gay douche who has zero personality and even less brains, and the fact that he is picking on Christy Hemme just goes to show how gay this guy is, the only interaction he should be having witht he females is flirting with them, not picking fights with them...only a dickless pussy would pick a fight with a girl

i hate how he ties his shirt in the front to show off his bellly button ring...well, at least he isnt showing all of us his ass anymore...homo

Wow, sounds like Kip wont be in TNA much longer from this. What a dick.

I know BG and his father and brothers. They wrestle around where i live quite often. They told the promoter, who is also my friend who i,ve known for years, that BG and Kip were going back to WWE because BG's brothers are currently contracted with WWE.

-One of his brothers is ECW referee Scott Armstrong
-His other brother is Brad Armstrong who is a trainer and also was a commentator a few weeks ago on ECW
-His father is the legendary masked wrestler Bullet Bob Armstrong

-Bullet Bob
03.jpg

-Scott(in TNA as ref)
05.jpg

-Brad
14.jpg

-Entire family(BG-road dogg, far left) (bob in middle)
01.jpg

B.G. James interview talks about going to WWE, tenure in TNA and Kip James

B.G. James Interview Recap:

After starting with jokes about Kip having to leave the show early, the interview with B.G. James begins with discussion about the awkward VKM/Hemme confrontation at the PPV and the new direction of the angle. James says the "direction has shifted" at this point with Triple H being out with injury and the fact that the "stupid" skits have seemingly stopped over at WWE. Everyone, including B.G., is a little unsure about the direction at this point with the addition of Christy Hemme. "It felt uncomfortable when we talked about it," he said about the Christy Hemme promo at the PPV, "it felt uncomfortable, I know, for her when she came out and did that". Bad booking is not what James wanted to label it as, but "interesting" and "unique" were appropriate to describe the awkward pay per view moment.

The "verbal lifeboat" B.G. tried to throw Hemme was as much for him and VKM as it was for her, he says, as it was his segment too. "As much as I want her to get over...I want us all to get over, you know, the product comes first," he explained, "but when I'm on television, the product is me in my eyes...so I was trying to save my own segment as well". He goes on to say that Christy really believes what she was saying during her promo because he asked her backstage before the segment began. "Yeah, she did feel that way and they [the TNA fans] crapped on her, so it had to feel really, really bad from her standpoint and it felt awkward from mine, you know. We did what we could and that's that. You can't take it back".

On whether or not Vince Russo and VKM accomplished the goal they had originally set at the start of the gimmick, B.G. believes they did. "What his [Russo] goal was, was to get some ratings, just stir a little controversy and get a little attention," he continued, "and I think he accomplished that goal with what we did". As far as WWE responding, James said he didn't really expect them to respond. "At the risk of sounding anti-TNA, which I definitely am not, the first place team ain't gonna look back at the second place team," James said, "they're going to keep right on rolling. And to recognize us was only to ag us on more". Despite their non-response, Brian says that they all knew the WWE was paying attention. "They definitely knew what we were doing, they just didn't respond via television," he continued, "[but] they definitely responded via lawyers' letters".

Although reports online state Kip has gotten some heat over comments about this particular topic, Chris Cash had to get Brian's thoughts on possibly going back to WWE and he seemed to have very similar feelings about the issue. "If I were to go back up there," B.G. responded, "now would be a really good time to do it". He said he doesn't see that happening as he's locked into his contract for another two years or so, but Cash mentions that there are ways around that and James agreed. "Oh yeah..a wrestling contract is barely worth the paper it's written on," he explains, "it's very one-sided, it's very pro-promoter, anti-talent. It's very one way...so yeah, you get yourself a decent lawyer and you can get out of that, no problem".

Mentioning the last interview with the tag-team a few months back at the start of VKM, Chris brought up how the door to WWE was slammed shut in their minds, but now he wants to know point blank whether the door is open at all. "Um...yeah..you know what, yeah it is [open]," Brian hesitantly responded, "when we talked before, we [him and Kip] were just getting to get back together and it felt good and all that, you know...but it all boils down to, and it sounds so dang materialistic... the money. The job's the same. I go out and I get my segment over and if I can't do that, it's time to quit. It's all about the money, you know. I've got a broke down car sitting out front and my house notes late, so yeah, the door in my mind is open".

Having said that, James did mention Jeff Jarrett being a friend of his which would personally make it very hard to do him wrong. He feels that if the opportunity ever came up to go to WWE, he hopes Jeff would give the blessing for him to go make his money, but he doesn't see either happening anytime soon. "But just because my door's open to that suggestion," he continued, "[it] doesn't mean their door's open". B.G. has his brother, Scott, up at WWE and although he says some of the boys talk about the possibility of them coming back, none of them are in the office, and Brian really doesn't think the door is open. "If they're listening, maybe they can call and tell me something different," he jokingly ended.

Brian's "loyalty" to Jeff Jarrett and TNA triggered a recent incident that was posted all over the 'net about contract disputes and B.G. wanting a raise that TNA felt wasn't warranted. Chris asked if and how much of that was true and Brian willingly responded. "I was called and I was told that I couldn't have the raise," he said, "and then I told them I was going to quit and I was told right to my face that, if I quit, they would fire [Kip]. I said, well that's crazy, so I called [Kip] right away and let him know what was going on". Chris mentioned that at this point, Kip couldn't really afford to lose his job and B.G. agreed saying that TNA kind of hornswaggled them a little bit. "But you know what," he continued, "I chalk that up, like I said, to being a bad business man...I wear my emotions on my sleeve and usually they all come out in negotiating a business deal, so I may have shot my own self in the foot and shot [Kip] in the foot in the meantime".

The interview with Brian continued and shifted as a number of other topics were brought up from Chris Cash and guest co-host, Dameon Nelson (www.pwrshow.com), plus they took some questions from the chat room as well. Issues addressed in the second part of the interview include what TNA needs to do to continue their growth in the future, whether the Dudleys are overrated or not, the possibility of Paul Heyman or Eric Bischoff coming in to TNA, why he thinks Eric Bischoff had nothing to do with the Monday Night ratings war, some more former WWE talent coming into TNA, and much more.

And "Sweet Chin Music" is a sidekick performed by martial artists for centuries. What's your point? They WERE trendsetters. They may be older these days and definitely riding off past accolades, but I still remember numerous wrestling messageboards in their WWF heyday when nearly every WWE mark was kissing their ass and praising them to high heaven as one of the greatest teams of all time. Irregardless, if this interview is legit...then Kip still is a moron.

Yes but Shawn is not insulting those martial artist who did it. Shawn is not insulting those who made away for him and inspired him. That is my point. Kip is doing it to DX and he doing it to TNA.

^I still fail to see why The Fameasser does anything but give credence to Shawn's old finisher. Kip is an idiot, though. Kip has a bit of a right to rank on DX in that respect. He was in it's most successful incarnation and for all intents and purposes, he saw that what was done last summer was probably the worst thing that could've been done for DX or the other two wrestlers involved. However, that being said, I still find it stupid that TNA keeps the fat, oily guy around. Very hypocritical and very dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back