TNA Fires Jim Cornette, BG James

Status
Not open for further replies.
The act makes sense in a way because neither was used very often anymore, however I can't help but think they missed a trick there. Cornette is one of the best managers in the business, and in spite of what happened, he probably will wind up on WWE in the end. BG James could have made a great backstage interviewer, as he was a natural on the mic. If this was genuinely a political move, its pretty fucking ******ed.

Cornette replies to the rumours:

http://whosslammingwho.podomatic.com/enclosure/2009-09-21T13_49_30-07_00.mp3

I have summarized the entire report:

thx

listening. and cornette is essentially saying he was let go because terry/dixie and everyone at TNA felt that he wasn't 100% with creative which is why it would hamper him doing his job. I think TNA/Taylor/Dixie were really careful in telling Cornette as they know how outspoken Cornette is. Cornette said that wasn't news about him not being 100% - Russo is writing and they'll probably never agree completely.

but they do have conversations with each other on the phone. Cornette said he has driven to Orlando twice a month for over 3 years... but yeah, he explained it and I thinK TNA really handled the situation well in letting Cornette know.

Dixie said if you're not 100% on the creative nor the team, then he can't do this as best as he could. Dixie said Jim was brilliant, appreciated his contributions, and that the door is always open.. if he's 100% with the creative direction, they'd love to have him back.. Cornette said he can't be 100% behind Russo's direction and everyone knows that.. That was the end of the conversation and it was kind of ended on a happy note.

Dixie said they're trying to win and if everybody is on the same page, they want to move in the same direction. It was a professional ending and nobody screamed, etc. Cornette said he's always on TNA's team but will never be on Russo's team. - no animosity.

Jim said he got tons of phone calls and that his email inbox was full. Jim said "they picked Russo over me - basically".

Jim says it's not that big of a deal.

I think this was a good explanation and am happy at the way TNA handled the situation.

He said he never yelled at Russo although all reports state so. Jarrett/Mantel said when hiring Cornette to tolerate Russo for the good of the company and that is what happened.

he said he can't accept a job if he has to be behind Russo 100%.

---

The sun retracted the story after jim was angry at it.. terry taylor looked into it. he said an industry insider gave them the story (a higher up tna source). he wants to let everyone know that nobody yelled/screamed and that tna had the right to make this decision, as if you dont follow the creative direction completely, you dont have to be on the team.

--

Jim then says Ed Ferrara shows up at No Surrender. He chuckles and says his feelings are hurt - then he says that it makes it clear what happened. but he's not yelling/screaming.. but said he did back in 2002 when he spat in his face, due to the mockery of Jim Ross. He said he doesn't feel the need to yell about it to Ed now because he already did it back then.

Cornette is not yelling at Vince Russo because he's not. He says it becomes more clear what happened. He says TNA has the right to make the decision to make their creative direction and has the right to employ/not employ anyone who's behind or not behind the product. He says he has watched the damage ed and vince has done together in the business - he said if TNA called him and said Ed would be there sunday, he would say "Okay, I won't be" - he said there was no chance Jim would be in the same room with Vince and Ed especially if Jeff/Dutch are not there to take his advice.

He said there's no heat.

Host Tommy Fiero says tons of emails came in. He asked Cornette if he's willing to come back if TNA opened the door. Cornette said "absolutely". Jim said it's not like WWE lied to him for 2 years and screwed with his business. That was personal. TNA isn't personal. He says people over the past few decades worked for TNA (Dutch, Jeff, Tenay, Keith Mitchell, David Sahadi. Jim has nothing against TNA and he wishes them continued success because Vince McMahon can't own wrestling and there needs to be an alternative.

He says he always tells the truth on his show. Jim said if he was behind Russo/Ferrara 100%, he'd be lying, a two faced individual, etc. He said he tried to fix Russo's creative but he hasn't been behind. Said he knows Russo is born again (never spoke in depth on it) but he said Russo is much easier to get along with now compared to the time at the WWF.

He said he never heard Ed apologise (this is wrong. Ed has apologized on the forums saying he regretted doing that but not publically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back