ROH Hires Jim Cornette

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/ROH/article1008073.shtml said:
Jim Cornette made a surprise appearance at the Ring of Honor show in New York on Saturday. Cornette referred to himself as the "executive producer of ROH." Cornette also took verbal jabs at WWE and TNA. He specifically mentioned the Hornswoggle and Cody Deaner characters.

So ROH has decided to hire Jim Cornette after his departure from TNA. I think it’s a pretty nice addition to the ROH roster because even after so many years in the business, Jim is still a great talker when he is on the mic and I think he could do some pretty good work in ROH. I haven’t been keeping up with ROH much lately but I think I’ll probably start watching again to see what they do with Jimmy.

What are your thoughts on the hiring of Jim Cornette?

This is fine. They're a small company that's in trouble right now and having a mind like Cornette there that knows how to put together shows is fine. If he's there from a creative perspective or to show the young guys how to talk, then that's fine. He's well known and while his blogs are headscratchers at times, he's still worth something to a company like ROH. He's out of touch in major companies, but in an indy fed, no worries in my eyes.

This is simply great news for ROH. As much as I love ROH, it's definitely lost a step since Gabe's departure. I've been a critic of Cornette on here before, because the man seems incapable of accepting that it's no longer the eighties and kayfabe is dead. That said, he's still one of the greatest wrestling minds of all time, and is going to be a fantastic addition to ROH, especially if he's being hired in a creative role, which I'm sure he is. This is the kind of kick in the pants that ROH needs to maybe really try and grab the general wrestling fan's attention by hopefully presenting an edgy and truly alternative product to what we see in the WWE and TNA. We have enough of the McMahon's and Russo's, I'd like to see Cornette give us something completely different if he's brought onto the creative team. If he's used as an on-screen character as well that would be great for ROH, because Cornette really does draw old time wrestling fans and smarks alike.

Very good move by ROH here, can't wait to see how it develops.

Oh and uh...where did you read this ST? Source?

This is solid. Real solid. ROH's goal is providing an alternative to what's on the current spectrum of wrestling and Jim Cornette can be the person to help get that in motion. Cornette finds work, ROH will benefit from it, and no one's the worse for wear. Can't be better for both sides.

And I'm with X, since Gabe's departure, ROH has lost some luster when it comes to their quality of work. As much as we love watching solid wrestling, there has to be a story behind some things. Cornette will thrive in this role hopefully and injects ROH with something they've needed for a while: Some direction.

I love it. Jim Cornette is a very old school kinda guy and ROH still has alot of old elements to it, so I think it's a good fit. Cornette did a great job during his last tenure in ROH, so I expect good things from him this time around. He is a great wrestling mind and will no doubt add something positive to the company. There are alot of young guys who are still developing their style, character and skills- Cornette will have some great insight and direction for them for sure.

Good move ROH, good move! : )

Is this a real job though?

Is he actually the producer or is it just a storyline job?

If he is the producer then this should be fantastic!

Cornette was really good in ROH before, and I loved him in TNA, but their loss will be ROH's gain! : )

I think Cornette has a brilliant wrestling mind, and I've no doubt he will take them to good places!

I've been an avid ROH supporter for about 6 years, and ROH Wrestling is a show I never miss!

I like the move. Like others have stated I think ROH has took a step down since Cary the moron let Gabe go. Cornette reminds me of Paul Heyman when it comes to speaking his mind which always makes for great entertainment, let's hope he helps on the inside as well. The IMO crappy tv shows in a stale Philly ROH Audience has REALLY dragged things down, im so hoping for a regular ROH Show there again someday as my only trips this year have been to Manassas. JC has a real heart and passion for this business, otherwise he would under mind ROH as some 2nd rate crap like many in The E do. With the uprise of Tyler Black/Davey Richards and Chris Hero ROH can be better than ever IF they wanna be, crosses fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back