Kane vs Undertaker WM

ckoneagain

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok, so i couldn't find a thread about this but i may be wrong, but i was thinking, the way things seem to be going Kane is supposed to be the guy who attacked the Undertaker, so what if this year Taker vs Kane happens at wrestlemania...we've seen it all before, blah blah blah, but actually what if they had such an epic match that they both retired after it, such an epic match that ended in a no contest as neither man could continue. Streak continues, epic retirement of both men, what you guys think?

First of all, it's not a match I'd particularly want to see. Both men are getting on in years, and their wear and tear is beginning to build. It would not be a technical masterpiece, but both of these men have one thing that they still have inarguably mastered: psychology. These men know how to work a crowd and give a match emotion. The buildup would probably be amazing. Both of these men are some of the best promo workers in the business. The match itself may not live up to expectations, though, due to both men's bodies having increasing limitations.

Taker's last match would probably be better if it was with someone in his prime, such as John Cena. But as far as the entire Undertaker story goes, Kane would be the most poetic choice. At the beginning, Kane was basically made to be Undertaker's Achilles heel. If he were rebuilt as a character in that way, it could put an end to Undertaker's career in the way with probably the most closure. For his retirement to seem real, there needs to be something more than just a pinfall loss by another challenger. It needs that extra something to truly end the deadman, and Kane may be the best something for the job.

Right now, there are probably better options, but if the WWE really invested into the storyline, it could be one of the greats.

The Undertaker's streak will never be broken. He will retire undefeated.

If it were up to me, I would have Kane be unveiled as the attacker, thus leading to a Kane v Taker casket match for SSlam. I would have Kane be buried and the casket be burned, thus killing off the Kane character for a while. Then perhaps bring Kane back with the mask (to hide the burns from the fire he suffered while stuffed in the casket) and thus have his character return full circle similar to the way they returned Undertaker to his roots a few years ago.

I just think Kane is stale and needs a new development in his character. To me, this would be an interesting way to go.

The Undertaker's streak will never be broken. He will retire undefeated.

If it were up to me, I would have Kane be unveiled as the attacker, thus leading to a Kane v Taker casket match for SSlam. I would have Kane be buried and the casket be burned, thus killing off the Kane character for a while. Then perhaps bring Kane back with the mask (to hide the burns from the fire he suffered while stuffed in the casket) and thus have his character return full circle similar to the way they returned Undertaker to his roots a few years ago.

I just think Kane is stale and needs a new development in his character. To me, this would be an interesting way to go.

Wow, I actually like that idea. What better way to bring the mask back and give Kane a push. He returns a few moths later like his originall debut and cost Undertaker a tite match or somthing then pick up their fued.

Epic.

Sure, let Kane retire against the Undertaker...but you really want Taker to retire to Kane??? I'm sorry, it just doesn't seem to be big enough. I want Taker's retirement to be in an epic match with the greatest guys in the industry involved. Undertaker is responsible for Kane, so I get why he should be the guy to end Kane's career, but Taker doesn't owe Kane anything. He kicked ass before Kane, and he'll do it after he's gone. I don't mean to be so negative towards Kane, but the idea I had for Taker's retirement just seems so...much...bigger...I guess.

I guess if they had another Mania match and it was completely epic, they could talk about it being their last. I guess it would be sweet if after the match they both kneeled down in their pose, the lights went out, and when they came back on they were both gone. That would be legit, and I would probably cry...as manly as that sounds...haha.

Again?!!! Another Kane Undertaker WM match?!!

Look I'm a big mark for both these guys, but I sincerely hope there is someone more dastardly who attacked Taker.
Kane could go after him at SummerSlam and fail...and then Taker comes back and gets his revenge.

I think Taker might retire soon, but hang on as long as he can so he can stay with his wife who can retire as well.

Kane though is hanging on the thread too. He is going past his prime and this storyline has been his MAJOR storyline he had had in years.

I think Taker will go until 20-0 and then call it quits. It looks better then 19-0 etc. As for the match I think Kane and Taker would be a decent match. Being that it would be on he grand scale, I think Kane could deliver a great match.

I'm sorry to tell you, but Undertaker is actually 18-0, not 19. I dont really think Undertaker will do another WrestleMania (even though I would love to see it) cause his two WM matches with Shawn Michaels cannot be beat in my mind. Those are his best matches of all time and I dont think he will be able to top them with anyone in the company. To me, Undertaker vs. HBK I & II are the best matches of all time.

I think it would be a really bad idea for Undertaker to retire with his winning streak left intact. Everything is built around Wrestlemania being the biggest event of the year, I think leaving Undertaker unbeaten at such a show would take away from future performers because then he's setting an enormous standard that no one else could live up to and wouldn't that weaken the brand overall? He's really old and everyone knows it, people are not gonna lose faith in Undertaker if he loses his final match at Wrestlemania. I think it would give people a clean slate to work off of, although he had the huge streak and everything, at the end of the day he was still human, still a wrestler that could be put down even if it took the ravages of time to do so. The ending of the streak and his career in one shot would definitely eclipse anything that has gone before.
I agree with Serious Jones, I think Kane ending the Undertaker's career/streak would be a great way to find closure for the character and then perhaps they could use the storyline that other superstars are pissed off that it was Kane who ended the streak, not them so they could get a bit of mileage out of that for a little while building up to Kane's final defeat/retirement.... perhaps even at the next Wrestlemania.
I can't see Undertaker retiring too soon though to be honest.

Ok, so i couldn't find a thread about this but i may be wrong, but i was thinking, the way things seem to be going Kane is supposed to be the guy who attacked the Undertaker, so what if this year Taker vs Kane happens at wrestlemania...we've seen it all before, blah blah blah, but actually what if they had such an epic match that they both retired after it, such an epic match that ended in a no contest as neither man could continue. Streak continues, epic retirement of both men, what you guys think?

I can see where your coming from here. And i hope it is Kane who has put 'Taker out. The problem is that as Wrestlemania is 10 months away it will be a hell of a long storyline to keep going. Although it would be great to see Kane back with the mask.

Another point is i agree with those of you who say 'Taker should remain undefeated at 'Mania. I certainly hope 'The Streak' is never broken.

We could have it where Kane is masked again becoming evil and a Heel and then after an epic match at Wrestlemania 27, Undertaker wins, Removes Kane's mask (as in to heal him and make him Face again), Then 'Taker walks off never to return again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back