WWE HIAC 2010 - Kane (c) vs The Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship - HIAC

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member

From WWE.com

At WWE Hell in a Cell, World Heavyweight Champion Kane will battle The Undertaker inside the ultra-sadistic realm of the Devil’s playground. And now that The Deadman has been reunited with Paul Bearer, does he possess the “power” to regain his “holy grail,” locked within two tons of haunting steel insanity?

The newest chapter in the monstrous saga between Kane and The Undertaker began on Memorial Day weekend, when Kane attacked The Deadman and left him in a “vegetative state.” At SummerSlam, the ominous Phenom reemerged, only to suffer a devastating tombstone at the hands of The Big Red Monster.

On SmackDown the following week, Kane explained that his attack was part of a 13-year plan to bring about the demise of his legendary brother, after recognizing that The Phenom had been weakened by the sin of pride. He claimed to possess The Undertaker’s power and stood supreme as “The Devil’s Favorite Demon.”

The Deadman, in turn, claimed that Kane’s sin was envy. He claimed if they did meet, he would once again be triumphant. Despite his strong words, however, many speculated that the seven-time World Champion had returned to SmackDown operating at less than 100 percent. Had he truly lost his dark powers?

On the Sept. 17 edition of SmackDown, Kane offered his own brutal answer to that question, launching a vicious sneak-attack on The Undertaker that culminated in an earth-shattering chokeslam-tombstone combination.

Two days later, in an epic No Holds Barred Match at Night of Champions, The Brothers of Destruction ruthlessly battled both inside and outside the ring, hell-bent on destroying one another with any weapon in their reach. And once again, Kane’s demented mettle proved stronger. With a stunning tombstone reversal, he defeated The Undertaker, asserting himself as the most dominant force of the underworld.

Then, just when Kane seemed destined to destroy his legendary prey – challenging The Undertaker to a match in Satan’s structure at Hell in a Cell – he was given the shock of a lifetime. When The Big Red Monster opened a casket that had been brought to ringside, he discovered none other than Paul Bearer laying inside, clutching his mystical urn! Moments later, The Demon of Death Valley appeared, attacking his stunned brother with revitalized aggression! (More on Paul Bearer)

It is only fitting that Paul Bearer will witness the clash between Kane and The Phenom at WWE Hell in a Cell, since both the “Father of Destruction” and the sadistic steel structure have played such a crucial role in the brothers’ past. It was at the very first Hell in a Cell Match where Kane revealed himself to The Undertaker at Bad Blood 1997. And as destiny brings their chaotic relationship full-circle for the World Title, the demonic sibling rivalry looks as if it could will end where it began.

Will the presence of Paul Bearer allow The Undertaker to overcome Kane’s reign of terror when the two underworld titans collide inside the steel madness of Hell in a Cell?

So Paul Bearer has returned, and now The Undertaker seems to have his strength back. He attacked Kane with a fury on last night's episode of Smackdown.

I thought Undertaker VS Kane at Night Of Champions was solid, but I don't know about seeing these two in a Hell In A Cell match. Undertaker's Cell matches with Edge and Batista were pretty good, but I really didn't like the one with CM Punk. It's been a while since Kane steeped inside the Devil's Playground, and it'll be interesting to see how he does here. This match should be pretty brutal, and I'm picking Taker for the win. I can't see Kane beating Taker two times in a row.

Then there's Paul Bearer. What role he will play in all of this? Is he pretending to help Undertaker? Will he double cross The Deadman? This is kind of hard to predict, but I don't think Paul will betray Taker. Undertaker will probably win this match, and I think this feud will end at Bragging Rights or Survivor Series.

Who will walk out of Hell In A Cell with the World Heavyweight Championship? Kane or The Undertaker?

With Paul Bearer's return and Undertaker seemingly getting the upper hand of Kane somewhat last night, it really does look like Undertaker will come out the superior one in this match.

However, I can only hope that it will actually be Kane. Hell in a Cell shouldn't be the place for Undertaker to get that final redemption against Kane. Not because of the match stipulation being wrong, but the Pay Per View in itself is the wrong one. It needs some bigger stage, but not Wrestlemania though, cause it'd be too obvious.

So, I'm hoping for Kane to walk out champion once again, beating Undertaker decisively, yet without hurting the credibility of Undertaker. Kane just needs to hold the belt a little longer in this feud. Hell Undertaker shouldn't even get the belt from this feud, he doesn't need it.

Paul Bearer's return has really added even more intrigue in this fued. Now far as match the goes I'm not expecting much as this should be much like their match at NoC with all the brawling and weapons except inside of a Cell this time. I do want Kane to come out with the win however as I feel SD is in need of a fresher face rather than Undertaker and Rey Mysterio. I would like to see Kofi or maybe a returning Edge or Jericho become that guy.

He needs to win against kane some time in this fued. Why wouldnt he win the title too. You dont just fight a grudge match at a ppv if the guy is champion. But ill agree with you that it shouldnt be at hiac. It should be at survivor series since thats a big ppv. I can see paul bearer, double crossing the undertaker this ppv. And then taker puts his career on the line for one more match against kane at survivor series. Which he of course wins. After that, the fued could end any which way. Hopefully kane is not lost in the shuffle again, but can stay up in the main event for the remainder of his tenure in the wwe.

As much as I would like for Kane to go over Taker in this feud, it is pretty obvious that The Deadman is taking the championship here. Kane had his moment to shine but around this time every year Undertaker comes back to get the title he never really needs to hold again to be relevant/over. He'll take care of his little brother and the rematch will probably be at whatever the next ppv is where he goes over once more and Kane returns to jobbing to mid-carders. I don't like it but I've come to accept it.

The Best's Best Possible Outcome:
Kane goes over Taker once agane with a much needed/deserved credible victory and remains a force in the main event picture

I believe that at hell in a cell the fued wont end and it will continue. I would make it end this way. with paul bearer once again turni ng on undertaker and therefore kane wins at hiac. Then undertaker could disappear until survivor series and then finally end the feud with a buried alive match with undertaker burying kane. Now i doubt that would happen since the pg rating but that would be a great way to play it off in my opinion

Undertaker is probably gonna retire soon from in ring action, so I feel he is gonna get the win here as wwe will give him his last run as champion which will last till the rumble and from then on the build up for the streak match , after wrestlemania I think he'll be done and will probably return for his final match at wrestlemania 28 to finish off his career at that 20-0 mark.

Undertaker is probably gonna retire soon from in ring action, so I feel he is gonna get the win here as wwe will give him his last run as champion which will last till the rumble and from then on the build up for the streak match , after wrestlemania I think he'll be done and will probably return for his final match at wrestlemania 28 to finish off his career at that 20-0 mark.

i think he'd be at 19-0 if he wins this Mania (i could be wrong, but not sure?)

i think it'd make sense if he leaves at the PPV he debuted: Survivor Series. at least give it a final run there. i remember the "dirt sheet" that leaked out that had Bearer calling Taker out at Mania and having him retire, so maybe it's time for him to go. WrestleMania would be too obvious and it always has a big buy for the PPV's. Taker leaving at Series would give the PPV a big buy and wouldn't focus on the streak

First, I would like to thank all who bet against me that Paul Bearer would not be back. Now, I think that the title will change hands. I see Paul maybe turning on Taker in a few months, but not this soon. It's actually nice to see the old gimmick again. As said earlier, I don't think that this is going to be a stellar match for the PPV, but significant for the feud to continue. I have to give credit to the writers on this one for they are building a pretty good feud here.

Shocking to think that this is the first time these two have squared off, one on one, inside the Cell. As has already been stated, this one belongs inside the Cell and I won’t be surprised if this main events the PPV. This one has been brewing for a long, long time and with Paul Bearer thrown into the mix, you've got one hell of an intriguing match.

A lot (including myself) are going to say Undertaker takes the belt here, BUT while I do agree, there is a lingering thought in the back of my mind that suggests that Bearer may be about to pull the old switcheroo. Bearer was a key part of Kane's debut in WWE and he was responsible for Kane arriving in WWE to take down Taker. Why would Kane side with a man who drowned Bearer in concrete?

It's an interesting question, and one that lurks in the depths of my mind BUT I don't think WWE will use this, I believe Taker will walk in as a challenger and walk out a champion.

Predicted Winner: NEW World Heavyweight Champion; The Undertaker.

For me, Kane should win,maybe make Paul Bearer betray the Deadman, and drop the title on next SmackDown! to someone ELSE than Undertaker, with taker costing Kane the match. This would continue their feud, and the World Heavyweight championship could be on someone else than Undertaker, who doesn't really need the title, as he is... well, he is the Undertaker.

Kane should defintley win.....I have a couple reasons why......first I hate Kane chasing a title aspecially as a heel........and I have read that this might be it for Kane and he is gonna retire at Survivor Series to get into politcs, sooo Kane should win at HIAC, then Taker should skip Bragging Rights and then retire Kane at Survivor Series in a casket match or something gimmickey like that.

But who knows....:shrug:

Kane should defintley win.....I have a couple reasons why......first I hate Kane chasing a title aspecially as a heel........and I have read that this might be it for Kane and he is gonna retire at Survivor Series to get into politcs, sooo Kane should win at HIAC, then Taker should skip Bragging Rights and then retire Kane at Survivor Series in a casket match or something gimmickey like that.

But who knows....:shrug:

Argh yes yet another made up rumour about the retirement of Kane, they are going just as big as Undertakers and not a single one has proved to be true. I love how people have dropped the reference to Undertaker looking tired, perhaps now they finally realised it was the character not the man.

Now back on to the topic, the chances are they will lead us to believe Undertaker will win at HIAC due to the power of the urn. Something that even Kane can not control. Therefore in the HIAC itself, something is bound to happen with the urn to cause the Undertaker to be weak (and by doing so reverting the Undertaker back to his original WWF gimmick with Bearer). Kane possesses the Urn and draws power from it, helping him win the match. Kane reigns over 'hell' and Bearer has to teach the Undertaker how to deal with Kane without the urn and without the darkside.

Seeing as Smackdown is moving to SyFy and they want such storylines, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are going down the supernatural route with these two again.

.....so long as Katie Vick doesn't rise from the dead......

Prediction: Undertaker will defeat Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship

I do agree that the feud will end at Survivor Series, I don't think Undertaker will lose this match. If Kane were to lose the World Heavyweight Championship, he still has his rematch clause to use. He can use that at Bragging Rights and lose the match. He'll get one more shot at Survivor Series, and the feud will come to a close there.

I really hope Kane holds on here just because Undertaker shouldn't be champ anymore... hes been there done that... I do have to say though, bc I do not read spoilers, I cannot believe how much I marked out for Paul Bearers return... never thought I would see him return! Anyone else love seeing him in the casket? And he doesn't look like he has aged a bit.

There is a lot of irony in the match being made here.

It was on Oct 5th, 1997 that Kane made his debut and started his first feud with the Undertaker. Their next scheduled match is Oct 3rd, 2010, thirteen years (an ironic number in itself given both men's "personas") almost from the date their feud first started.

Kane, who Paul Bearer repeatedly warned was coming, interfered in none other than the first hell in a cell match, helping HBK beat the Undertaker. Of course both men are set to face each other in what may be the culmination of their feud - a Hell in a Cell match. In addition, Undertaker has brought back Paul Bearer most recently, the very man who brought Kane in to start all of this.

Speaking of Bearer, it should be noted that the last time we saw Bearer was a little over five years ago after Undertaker had him "rest in peace" by covering Beater in cement after Taker's match with the Dudley Boyz. And the last time we saw the urn was when Paul Heyman gave it to Taker immediately after the aforementioned event in exchange for a "pass". Of course, it is Bearer, with the urn, that has helped give the Undertaker his "strength" back. This is also a bit of a play on the Undertaker during his early years where the Million Dollar Corporation (and others) continually stole the Undertaker's urn, thereby leaving a "weakened" Undertaker who had to gain additional strength from his "creatures of the night" (the fans).

That all said, it seems we are revisiting the Undertaker's past. That said, I would see history repeating itself to an extent. I foresee Kane once again getting one over his brother as he did thirteen years ago. I see this being due to Paul Bearer, who waited five years to get his revenge over the Undertaker for what Taker did to him. I further foresee one more match between the two at Survivor Series, twenty years to the event that Taker debuted in (yet another play on important dates) for the title. In this match, the emphasis from Beater and Kane is they are "going to end it where it all begins" by having the Undertaker face Kane in a coffin match (which honestly is a weak blow-off to their feud) where Undertaker's career is on the line.
Of course, given Beater is now sided with Kane and the urn is once again gone, history will repeat itself as Undertaker will once again rely on and be be renewed through his "creatures of the night", thereby defeating Kane and regaining the title.

However, the title reign will be short lived as an exhausted Taker will be beaten by The Miz after the Miz, who had people completely forget about his title shot, suddenly cash it in on the weakened Undertaker.

I think he is going to win his match at Wrestlemaina (as champion or becoming champion) and then someone is going to cash in their money in the bank contract in and then loose making it 20-0 for the taker plus who ever cashes in an loses will get the honer of being the first person to lose after cashing in.

Personally, even though some people may hate to see another Taker and Kane feud, I haven't been this intrigued in the characters since the attitude era. On another note, I believe with the return of Paul Bearer, he will be the catalyst for both of them. He knows Taker and Kane more than they know each other (and Mankind as well; itd be funny if Mick came out and yelled "Uncle Paul" :lmao:) but while Paul will help Taker, i think Kane will remind Paul that he is his son, and that might compel Paul to help Kane know more secrets to Undie's power. I believe this can go on pass HIAC, hopefully it will get more intriguing and go as far as Survivor Series, making this storyline one of the longest storyline we havent seen in years, but I do know this, WWE is making me tune in every friday night to see how this story unfold, they're making me interested in wrestling again, and whoever is writing this story between taker and Kane, give that man/woman a fucking Emmy, he/she needs it! :lol:

i think he'd be at 19-0 if he wins this Mania (i could be wrong, but not sure?)

i think it'd make sense if he leaves at the PPV he debuted: Survivor Series. at least give it a final run there. i remember the "dirt sheet" that leaked out that had Bearer calling Taker out at Mania and having him retire, so maybe it's time for him to go. WrestleMania would be too obvious and it always has a big buy for the PPV's. Taker leaving at Series would give the PPV a big buy and wouldn't focus on the streak

Isn't Survivor Series too 'small' for Undertaker's retirement?

Stone Cold retired at Wrestlemania, The Rock retired at Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels retired at Wrestlemania, hell even JBL and King Kong Bundy retired at Wrestlemania!

So, King Kong Bundy and JBL can retire at Wrestlemania but Undertaker can't retire at Wrestlemania only because he debuted at Survivor Series?

I don't think the Undertaker is going to retire at Survivors Series this year. Nor next year. I see the Undertaker extending his streak to 20 - 0, then retiring. This coming Wrestlemania is pretty much in question in who the Undertaker will face. I had heard that this years HOF is going to have a WCW theme, and there was some talk a few months ago of Bill Goldberg coming back for one more match. A decent "dream match" could be Goldberg versus the Undertaker, provided Goldberg comes back say in January and continues mauls the Undertaker all the way to Wrestlemania so he looks credible.
Another option would be John Cena, but I think that match should be reserved for Taker's last Wrestlemania match as Cena, who is this era's Hogan or Austin, would be the perfect guy for the Undertaker to have his final match and streak win extension with.

On a side note, while JBL is not nearly on the level as HBK or Austin, he was a former world champion and had been one of the longest reigning champions in recent history. I'm not a big JBL fan, but given the short title reigns prior and after his title reign, excluding a few of Cena's and one of Batista's, that's pretty darn good.

Also, I can't foresee anyone ever losing in the MITB match aside from them making a straight up match where his opponent has time to prepare. What would it say about the wrestler who screws up an "anywhere, anytme, anyplace" title shot that so many others have taken advantage of? What would it say about the MITB title shot if someone screws it up that way?

i really hope the kane gets over taker again! and im suprised that only one other person has mentioned the fact that undertaker took out paul bearer by burrying him alive back at the great american bash (i think) in 2004
if i was bearer i'd be pissed so i think he will turn on undertaker for sure

Tbh I believe if this is Undertaker's last fued and they somehow want it to be epic and last till he is 20-0 at wrestlemania, then I would make Paul Bearer join up with Kane and then make the Urn give power to Kane *Do this after Undertaker beats Kane in HIAC then make Bearer switch on him*. <-- Only way I see the fued being Undertaker's last...

If this is to be the "last ride" for The Undertaker, then I would like to see his career come full circle and have him hang up his boots at Survivor Series. Hell, this could be the reason for bringing the PPV back after its supposed removal from the line up.

On topic:

I don't think this feud has been that bad, Kane is cutting some awesome promos every week on SMACKDOWN!, Undertaker has been selling the whole vegetated state pretty well, and their last encounter was not that bad of a match. Adding the stipulation of the cell and having Paul Bearer making his return only helps build my interest in what I already expect to be a great match.

If the WWE plans on extending this feud I would like to see Kane pick up the win one more time, with the help of his "father" Paul Bearer. Like most others I don't see why Bearer is joining back up with Undertaker after he buried him in cement the last time they were together. If this is The Undertakers last run I do not think he should win the title,he don't need it just to pad his record.

With Undertaker getting his "powers" back I see him getting the win in this match. I hope they just don't make Kane look weak, he has built himself back up into the main event picture and I think he should stay there.
I see Undertaker getting the win in this match, I just don't think he needs another title at this stage in his career.

I don't think the Undertaker is going to retire at Survivors Series this year. Nor next year. I see the Undertaker extending his streak to 20 - 0, then retiring. This coming Wrestlemania is pretty much in question in who the Undertaker will face. I had heard that this years HOF is going to have a WCW theme, and there was some talk a few months ago of Bill Goldberg coming back for one more match. A decent "dream match" could be Goldberg versus the Undertaker, provided Goldberg comes back say in January and continues mauls the Undertaker all the way to Wrestlemania so he looks credible.
Another option would be John Cena, but I think that match should be reserved for Taker's last Wrestlemania match as Cena, who is this era's Hogan or Austin, would be the perfect guy for the Undertaker to have his final match and streak win extension with.

On a side note, while JBL is not nearly on the level as HBK or Austin, he was a former world champion and had been one of the longest reigning champions in recent history. I'm not a big JBL fan, but given the short title reigns prior and after his title reign, excluding a few of Cena's and one of Batista's, that's pretty darn good.

Also, I can't foresee anyone ever losing in the MITB match aside from them making a straight up match where his opponent has time to prepare. What would it say about the wrestler who screws up an "anywhere, anytme, anyplace" title shot that so many others have taken advantage of? What would it say about the MITB title shot if someone screws it up that way?

I think Goldberg vs Undertaker will always remain a dream match. Due all respect, it would be a flop.

The last time Taker met someone with zero talent of wrestling at Wrestlemania, we ended up seeing the worst casket match ever.

And Goldberg? He ain't the sh*t anymore, he couldn't wrestle for a classic match during his prime...moreover now. Bret Hart and Roddy Piper showed us what happened when someone who hasn't wrestled for years tried to wrestle again without feeling the ring rust first. And Goldberg was nowhere near Bret or Piper, TBH.

The match would be a complete joke. If it happens 10 years ago, maybe it would be half decent. But now? I think it would be worse than Vince vs Bret. And let's admit it, Goldberg was the man only in WCW. Goldberg wasn't even that good to begin with. He only had impact on WCW not professional wrestling in general. The only thing notable about him is the streak he had in WCW and that's the only thing most wrestling fans remember (along with that botch that ended Bret Hart's career). Yes he was the face of WCW but nothing special. He isn't overrated though because he barely gets noticed and talked about but I believe he is rated just find for a big guy like himself with below average skills.

I don't think the Undertaker could be able to carry him throughout the WHOLE match especially someone as rusty as him, who hasn't been in the ring for a long time. Can you imagine if he botched and ended Mark Callaway's career? That would be the darkest day in Professional Wrestling's history!!

I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

I don't think it would even be compared to the matches Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker had. I don't even know if Goldberg still has it in him to step in the ring and compete let alone face The Undertaker in the Superbowl of wrestling. I was expecting a lot from Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20 and I was sadly disappointed, that match wasn't close to where it was hyped to be, especially with Stone Cold as the referee. If Goldberg can't do it then, he definitely can't do it now.

Taker vs Goldberg would be a setback because Goldberg hasn't been in the ring for a long time. He's long retired. We don't know how well (rather, how bad) he will perform. Its better to put a nobody like Sheamus in the ring with Goldberg. The streak has had fantastic matches in the past few years with Edge, Batista and Michaels. There is no point in tarnishing its record now by going back to pathetic matches like Giant Gonzales or King Kong Bundy or Big Bossman.

Mind you, whenever The Undertaker faced someone with zero talent in wrestling, not to mention 6 years of not wrestling, The Undertaker tend to experience the worst. His match with Giant Gonzales is widely considered as his worst match ever. His match with King Kong Bundy flopped in every way possible. His match with Big Boss Man remains his only Wrestlemania match to receive 'boring' chants from the fans and is largely reckoned as the worst Hell In A Cell match in existence. A-Train destroyed every quality he and Big Show could have provided with his undeniable slow paced work. And the last but definitely the least, we saw how his match with Mark Henry became not only the worst casket match ever held, but also one of the worst matches in the history of Wrestlemania.

IMO, The Undertaker can't (and won't) carry Goldberg to a legendary match if they do have a match next year. And yes, I'm saying Diesel, Sid, and Batista have more wrestling talent than Goldberg. Any match featuring Goldberg cannot last longer than five minutes after all. If it does, it will be like Goldberg vs Lesnar.

Goldberg vs Undertaker cannot touch the quality of The Undertaker's Wrestlemania match with Diesel, Sid, Masked Kane, Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels. It might not last longer than The Undertaker's match with Jimmy Snuka or Jake Roberts. Would it sell tickets hell yes but the match itself would be horrible. I mean if that happens the result is clear, WWE is not going to make Taker lose to a guy (a) who's not WWE original and (b) who's been in the company for so little time. And speaking of the match itself it would be boring. The only good match I saw with Goldberg involved was with Triple H and the Rock. If Taker vs Goldberg happens at Wrestlemania then I personally think its going to be worse than Goldberg vs Lesnar because that match is bound to be in the main event and Goldberg vs Lesnar wasn't even that high on the card. And as we've seen from Goldberg vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania 20 and Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 26, name vs name alone cannot bring anything.

But there's no need to worry, the match won't happen. It's been rumored in fans.wwe.com that while Goldberg is interested on facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27, he doesn't want to lose his final match. On the other hand, Vince doesn't want The Streak to ever end. So, Undertaker vs Goldberg already loses its chance on happening.

Goldberg will probably face Sheamus at Wrestlemania 27. Since Jericho's gone, Undertaker might be facing John Cena at Wrestlemania 27 as the rumor stated. Cena's about the only giant threat Undertaker has not faced at Wrestlemania yet. And seriously, anyone else other than him would either be not beliavable or has been done before.

I think this could be a good match and hopefully it's better than the match they had at NOC. I want Kane to win this match, I think that maybe Paul Bearer plays a role in this match on Taker is the only way I see Kane winning this match. I don't think this feud will continue and thats why I see Taker winning this match and becoming the New World Heavyweight Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back