Judgment Day: Miz & John Morrison vs. Kane & CM Punk

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Miz & John Morrison vs. Kane & CM Punk

As first revealed to WWE Mobile on AT&T subscribers in an exclusive mobile video, ECW Champion Kane & Mr. Money in the Bank CM Punk will take on WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison for the tag titles at Judgment Day.

During a locker room interview with Lena Yada, the ECW Champion and Mr. Money in the Bank issued a challenge to Miz & Morrison. [Watch the exclusive video here.] The tandem's challenge came about after their victory over Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely on the 100th episode of ECW on Sci Fi.

The Big Red Machine looks to add tag team gold to his already accessorized waist at Judgment Day, but can Punk set aside temptations of trying to win the ECW Title? Instead of setting his sights on the WWE Tag Team Titles, the Straightedge Superstar can choose to exercise his briefcase clause – earned during WrestleMania XXIV's Money in the Bank Lader Match – to obtain an ECW Championship opportunity if he so desires.

Since earning the WWE Tag Team Titles from Matt Hardy & Montel Vontavious Porter last November, The Miz & John Morrison have protected their coveted gold in challenges from members of both the ECW and SmackDown rosters. Will their streak of success finally run out, or will they prove that they can overcome the combined might of an ECW Champion and potential title holder? We'll find out at Judgment Day.

Well since they have been using Punk and Kane together lately in tag team action, I guess you can say it was only a matter of time before they get a shot at the gold. Though since winning the MITB Punk has not been doing anything but being Kane's lackey, and I guess this is the best way WWE sees to use Punk. I think we could see a title change at Judgment Day as Miz and Morrison been the champs for awhile now and WWE doesn't give a damn about the tag team division anymore so I can see Kane and Punk as the champs. Though if the Miz and Morrison were somehow to retain the gold i can see Punk losing the match, but I really doubt that. Wont be great when Kane gets in the match should be solid when Miz or Morrison is in the match with Punk. Since Kane and Punk have nothing better to do i see them winning the tag gold.

Are you fucking kidding me?? They expect people to PAY for this mid month ECW main event caliber match??? The ONLY possible positive I see coming from this is Miz and Morrison finally dropping these titles, so both can move on to much bigger and better things. Unfortunately though, I feel like Miz and Morrison will be winning this. You know why??? How the fuck can they have someone be a double champion, with Night of champions coming up?? I could understand if said guy was a huge draw, and really athletic with great stamina, but its fuckin KANE. So I officially feel like there is no way they will drop these titles. Which furthermore makes this an absolute waste. Probably end up with a Chavo-Slam Neely interference. cant belive i am buying this show :disappointed:

I'm on the opposite side of the fence as NorCal. I don't want Miz and Morrison to drop the belts at this time. They have been losing non title and singles matches for quite a while. If they lose the belts now, they will have zero momentum to go into the singles pushes you are elduding to. They need this win over two established stars to at least give them something. Not a clean win, but an underhanded one with no interference. Unfortunately, I see Chavo and Bam interfering to advance the feud while Miz and Morrison become an afterthought of the PPV.

Well I just finished listening to the interview, and so from my understanding because they beat chavo and bam they get there title shot.Wierd, but Ive seen stupider title shots given for worse reasons. I see Miz and Morrison winning this, with either chavo and bam help, or from miscommunication from kane, and punk. Overall its probably going to be a decent opener for the show, since thats usually where ecw matches get on pay per views

another garbage match. Kane is old and cannot work with fast and young stars like Morrison and Miz. We've all seen what CM Punk can do with his sloppy work. It really makes me wonder why he even won the MITB match. I hope this match only gets 5 minutes of PPV time.

"CM Punk can do with his sloppy work"....i bet he puts on the night of the night with miz and morrison this has the potential to be the 2nd best match of the night next too hbk v y2j all the cm punk haters maybe should watch his older roh tna ovw tapes and see his reall style that he barred from usin in wwe the man is a great wrestler as well as furure wwe or world champ get used to him he not goin anywhere

I'm on the opposite side of the fence as NorCal. I don't want Miz and Morrison to drop the belts at this time. They have been losing non title and singles matches for quite a while. If they lose the belts now, they will have zero momentum to go into the singles pushes you are elduding to. They need this win over two established stars to at least give them something. Not a clean win, but an underhanded one with no interference. Unfortunately, I see Chavo and Bam interfering to advance the feud while Miz and Morrison become an afterthought of the PPV.

I dont necessarily WANT them losing the belts, as I agree with you they need some WINNING to happen before they can move on. I was calling it a waste becuase they could be doing something much better, Kane and Punk could be doing something much better, and WWE could be making better use of the time im using my money to watch.

This is stupid and random...with basically no build whatsoever, no real indication that Kane & CM Punk wanted to face Miz/Morrison...just random. I don't get ECW here...but when I read that Miz/Morrison were commentating the Kane & CM Punk Match, first I was like...eh? Why those two? What possible reason could they have? Then when I heard that at the end of the match Miz/Morrison held up the belt telling Kane/Punk, " If they want it..come get it?" I was like wtf? All of a sudden...Miz/Morrison move from a program with Moore-Wang and now they're up against Kane/Punk?

This could either go one of three ways....Kane & Punk win to get some (more) gold.

Miz/Morrison win by cheating...building heel heat for them.

Or Neely & Chavo interfering.

I really hope this will build Morrison/Miz by going over some established stars.

Still think this is just a way to get CM Punk on the PPV without creative having to go out of their way to think of a justified reason.

While I wont be ordering this ppv cause Im still not over the dissapointment of the Royal Rumble And I don't see myself ever ordering a WWE ppv ever again I am actually glad that there is gonna be a WWE tag title match at the ppv it's about damn time Miz gets to have a official ppv match I wasn't a fan of his when he first started but he won me over a while ago so while I won't be watching the ppv I do hope they retain the titles.

I only see two possibilites:

1st - Kane and CM Punk win the belts and then Punk cashes in MITB (somehow he is able to strike Kane at the end of the match and capitilize on it)

2nd - Chavo or Bam Neely cause a DQ ending, I hope, this isn't the case, but perhaps it's the realistic option

1st - Kane and CM Punk win the belts and then Punk cashes in MITB (somehow he is able to strike Kane at the end of the match and capitilize on it)

2nd - Chavo or Bam Neely cause a DQ ending, I hope, this isn't the case, but perhaps it's the realistic option

That would actually be pretty cool. Punk could turn heel by cashing in after Chavo and Bam attack Kane. That way Punk can maybe add some personality and head into a feud with the only person booked strongly on ECW, Kofi Kingston. The ECW heels are booked so poorly (Shelton, Burke, etc) that a heel turn would actually make sense if they want to give Punk another run.

That is nice, didn't even think about Punk cashing in...it would be a nice heel turn...give him some character...but an utter waste of a MITB shot. I'm really wishing now WWE gave someone else that briefcase. And I really don't want another Punk run, it'll be boring..WWE won't build up any proper opponents to face him...another boring run.

Basically life would be less complete without the dirt sheet so I am in favor of Miz/Morisson retaining. They have the most over characters on ECW and I don't see any reason for them to drop the belts in this spot, it would just be a waste and make those tag titles less important and defended less then the others and that is saying something

I'm really confused as to the purpose of this.

Option #1. Morrison and Miz retain, making it look like Kane and Punk are undeserving of their title/case.

Option #2. Kane and Punk win, giving them an unnecessary championship.

Option #3. DQ ending that solves nothing, promotes nothing, and is just a waste of a ppv slot.

If they didn't want to have Kane defend his title against Chavo/Neely, then I guess their feud is over.

Ugh, another issue...I really want Morrison to move on to the main event (or Jeff Hardy status of "just shy of main event, but 2 or 3 feuds away from it) and Miz to move up to the midcard to challenge Matt Hardy. To do it, they have to drop the titles, but they need to drop the titles in a way that won't hurt them. If they dropped it to Jesse/Festus, Yang/Moore, then Morrison won't look like a main event guy. Now, dropping it to Kane/Punk, that's noteworthy enough, especially if Miz is the one to take the pinfall from Kane.

As said above, though, having Kane as a dual champion means that, unless he drops one before Night of Champions, it'll be awkward.

One of the ideas they could do....unless they draft Edge/Ryder/Hawkins to Raw (which I'm hoping for)...is to have Morrison and Miz lose the titles to Kane and Punk, but use Kane/Punk as transitional champs, and by (or during) One Night Stand, they lose the tag team titles to the Edgeheads. That opens up the Miz for his feud with Hardy at Night of Champions as well as Morrison for moving up the pyramid of superstars.

Still...though....I don't think that will happen. I think we'll just see a typical WWE DQ ending.

I'm really confused as to the purpose of this.

Option #1. Morrison and Miz retain, making it look like Kane and Punk are undeserving of their title/case.

Option #2. Kane and Punk win, giving them an unnecessary championship.

Option #3. DQ ending that solves nothing, promotes nothing, and is just a waste of a ppv slot.

If they didn't want to have Kane defend his title against Chavo/Neely, then I guess their feud is over.

Ugh, another issue...I really want Morrison to move on to the main event (or Jeff Hardy status of "just shy of main event, but 2 or 3 feuds away from it) and Miz to move up to the midcard to challenge Matt Hardy. To do it, they have to drop the titles, but they need to drop the titles in a way that won't hurt them. If they dropped it to Jesse/Festus, Yang/Moore, then Morrison won't look like a main event guy. Now, dropping it to Kane/Punk, that's noteworthy enough, especially if Miz is the one to take the pinfall from Kane.

As said above, though, having Kane as a dual champion means that, unless he drops one before Night of Champions, it'll be awkward.

One of the ideas they could do....unless they draft Edge/Ryder/Hawkins to Raw (which I'm hoping for)...is to have Morrison and Miz lose the titles to Kane and Punk, but use Kane/Punk as transitional champs, and by (or during) One Night Stand, they lose the tag team titles to the Edgeheads. That opens up the Miz for his feud with Hardy at Night of Champions as well as Morrison for moving up the pyramid of superstars.

Still...though....I don't think that will happen. I think we'll just see a typical WWE DQ ending.

Reading that would make the creative teams heads explode. Sadly, option 3 is the most likely. This has pointless filler to advance a pointless feud because creative is stalling written all over it. If this ends in a DQ, it just proves that creative is on cruise control and showing no signs of stopping.

Although I believe a DQ finish will happen, perhaps they can book this match as a title vs. title vs. briefcase match. Have Kane put up his ECW title and Punk put up his MITB briefcase against Miz & Morrison's WWE Tag titles. Whoever Miz and Morrison pins Punk or Kane, he will win his respective title/case. This way it will add some traction on the match and it could spell the end of Miz and Morrison as a tag team. With the ante stacked, Miz and Morrison will have more motivation to win this match whil at the same time they could fight over who takes pins whom.

Reading that would make the creative teams heads explode. Sadly, option 3 is the most likely. This has pointless filler to advance a pointless feud because creative is stalling written all over it. If this ends in a DQ, it just proves that creative is on cruise control and showing no signs of stopping.

Lol yeah, it actually requires a bit of foresight and planning, and it isn't as simple as "two guys look at each other, suddenly they're in a feud". How do we get Khali/Big Show? Have Big Show come out, talk 2 minutes on the mic, then have Khali come out and stare at him. Lather, rinse, repeat, up until the ppv.

I don't think Creative has a clue what they're doing with Morrison & Miz as regards to the tag team titles. They've had a handful of opportunities where it wouldn't have looked too bad if they would've dropped it, but how many times did we see Moore/Yang beat a few people to get a title shot, win a non-title match, win singles matches against them, and then lose at their title shot? Lol. That must've happened 3 or 4 times by now.

Something to take notice to, though. Tonight on Smackdown, Morrison was made to look really strong (on his own, not with Miz's help) against Batista. He pretty much dominated that whole match up until the sudden spear and Batista bomb at the end. Maybe by having Morrison pull this off on his own, instead of having Miz distract the ref or something, that could be a little foreshadowing to the two dropping the titles and moving on to better things? If that's the case, they might as well drop it to two people that are supposed to be good enough to deserve distinctions on their own, as opposed to dropping it to a shitty team like Deuce & Domino.

I'll look forward to this match. I can't say I'll think it'll be any good. But I'm a fan of Kane & Punk. And Morrison, while I don't think he deserves the push he's recieved over the last 18 months or so, is always entertaining. He's the new Shelton Benjamin. All style no substance.

I'm unsure of the outcome. It could end with Punk turning on Kane, teasing a MITB cashing in. But I'm going to go with new champs. Morrison & The Miz aren;'t in their opponents league when it comes to star power, losing to them would do more harm than good.

By W.W.E. standards, I look for C.M. Punk & Kane to win the Tag Team Championships, only to have Morrison, Miz, Bam Neely & Chavo all gain up on Kane.. when Punk makes the save, then realizes Kane is seriously injured.. so Punk then in-turn cashes in his MITB and wins the E.C.W. Championship.

Now, if it happens like that.. well, I'll be f*cking shocked and amazed because thats somewhat stupid. However, C.M. Punk has lost practically every single's match, and EVERY important match hes ever had since becoming the MITB holder. That being said, I completely look for him to turn heel after realizing that the best chance to strike.. is when opportunity presents itself.

Punk has to realize that he isn't winning one-on-one matches with anyone lately, and I'm sure this is classic heel 101 (as some would consider it) to take this chance and figure out that if you can't beat them fairly, you have to cheat to win.

The pathetic thing would be if Punk & Kane did infact win the Tag Team Championships, only for Punk to instantly then turn on Kane to win the E.C.W. Championship. Sure, it'll set-up Kane v. Punk for One Night Stand.. but it'll end up leaving the Tag Team Championships on the superior Tag Team division.. vacated.

Ya know, now that I think about that. I suppose vacating the Tag Team titles, then putting together all the better Tag Teams in the Smackdown/E.C.W. brand-connection in some type of match to crown new Champions, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

This should be a good match as I like Kane, Punk and Morrison. Miz is average but not terrible. This match will confuse a lot of people no matter what the result is. BTW to all you people who think Punk will cash in at Judgment Day for the ECW title, I'm sorry but its just not gonna happen. Money in the Bank needs to be used for one of the two main World Titles.

This match can be a great opportunity to turn CM Punk heel but I doubt it will happen. Also, seeing as the World Heavyweight Title is currently vacant, there is a small possibility that Punk might cash in for that very title at Judgment Day.

I think Miz and Morrison will cheat somehow to win with possibly Chavo and Bam Neely interfering.

This match is a total mystery to me. It was done last month but then that doesn't stop creative rolling it out again. Pointless really. I don't see Kane and Punk taking another loss, yet I don't see Kane holding two belts either, so I'm unsure which way it'll go. I'm going to assume winner of Singapore Cane match interferes but Punk picks up the win over Miz, but they don't have a long title reign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back