• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Hardy Shoots on CM Punk

I don't see what the big deal is. So the Hardys are drunk and possibly stoned ranting? I'm guessing the majority of the people on this thread haven't spent much time three sheets to the wind. People who are drunk often talk shit about people they dislike. It is known as "truth serum."

And really, Jeff Hardy is right about these straight-edge types. They always have that "holier then thou" attitude and are so full of BS, they themselves don't even live up to their crap. If CM Punk practiced what he preached, he wouldn't be taking Ambien (as Jeff allegedly claimed) and he sure as shit wouldn't be consuming Pepsi. Punk is a hypocrite as Jeff claims.

And really, what Jeff was getting at is like this. I personally, don't drink, do drugs or even smoke. But who the fuck am I to tell you, you should or shouldn't? Just because I don't want to, doesn't mean my choice is universally right (or wrong)t. You have the right to determine that yourself. And CM Punk is douche bag who looks down at people because they don't live up to the BS ideals that even he doesn't live up to.

Now you're splitting hairs and it's damn funny. Fine, drink is a drug. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Coca-Cola? If so you're a drug user as well, by your own definition. So is the vast majority of this site, I'm sure.

Alcohol and Caffiene are not an apples and oranges comparison. One is, in moderation, nearly completely benign, and has no restrictions on its sale. The other is regulated by multiple governments, and can directly or indirectly cause serious harm to self or others with a single drink.

Oh btw! If you want to play the definition game, CM Punk does not have the right to call himself straight edge. He drinks pepsi which contains caffeine, a stimulant drug. Straight edge preaches not intaking any substance with mind-altering properties. CM Punk ain't straight-edge.

Someone doesn't know what Straight Edge actually is. "I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do hard drugs." That, according to Minor Threat, is the full definition of "Straight Edge." And, being credited as the founders of this subculture, and the coiners of the term, I give that band a great deal of clout as to what it actually means.

When other things are taken into account, such as prescription medications and caffeine, that takes the discussion to a sub-subculture called "Hardline." Hardline is the very militant version of Straight Edge, the followers of which not only abstain from any and all drugs, but also (sometimes violently) insist that others follow in their example.

Put simply, CM Punk's face persona is Straight Edge. His heel persona is Hardline. His face persona is also said to be, more or less, his real life personality.

Now, going to the main topic at hand. That video was disgusting. In its simplest interpretation, that video is just plain unprofessional and immarture. Then, you go one step farther, with Jeff's claims that Punk is on Ambien. (Which, for the record, is not a violation of Straight Edge, provided that it's prescribed by a doctor, and taken as directed by said doctor.)

Jeff Hardy directly claimed that CM Punk does not actually follow the Straight Edge lifestyle. Since Straight Edge is completely a part of CM Punk's public image, to claim that his entire image is a lie can qualify as defamation of character. And, since this is spoken word, it would also be slander. If either of the Hardys speak of this again, CM Punk really does have a strong lawsuit against them both for this. And, if it happens enough, an equally strong lawsuit for harassment. (As a side note, Amy Dumas may have sufficiant grounds for a restraining order against Matt Hardy, at this point.)

Then, we come to the question of whether or not this is a shoot. In all reality, there's not a huge difference in the possible outcomes, regardless of whether or not it's a shoot. If it's a shoot, the CM Punk has a strong lawsuit against both Hardys. If it's a work, however, not only does he have the lawsuit against the Hardys, but TNA Wrestling, as a company, and Dixie Carter, individually, are also available to be sued, since this wouldn't happen, as a work, without Dixie's permission.

The best case scenario for the Hardys, legally, is that CM Punk laughs this video off, and the Hardys have the common sense to shut the fuck up on the subject. But, it's the Hardys. I doubt they will do the smart thing. Why? Because, if they were capable of doing the smart thing, this video would never have been made.

To all the people saying who cares if Jeff Hardy gets high in his free time..... I think Ken Anderson should care. It's funny we have people debating whether Hardy was just high, or just drunk. One night recently, after Hardy won the TNA Championship, but before Mr. Anderson got hurt, My dad was flipping through the channels, and had it on a Jeff Hardy promo. He doesn't watch TNA, and the only two things he had to say about it was 1st - "Is that Raven?!?" (He did watch wrestling 10 years ago), and 2nd - "He looks fucked up". Given Hardy's track record with substances, all these court dates due to said substance use, and all the speculation surrounding whether he's high all the time, plus him botching moves frequently nowadays (based on what I've read prior about him here), if I'm Ken Anderson, I'd start to wonder to myself if Hardy was fucked up on something when he got hit in the head with a botched chair shot. I'm not saying Jeff Hardy's on drugs on TV, I'm not saying he does drugs period, just like I'm not saying he is clean, I'm just saying Ken Anderson has a reason to care, and I'd definitely would want to assess Hardy before I put my health into his hands in the ring for a match. I won't speak ill about Hardy though, he seems like the type of guy you'd like to see recover and kick his substance problems, unlike someone like Axl Rose who I could care less if he O'D or not. Hopefully some are overreading this and things are better with Jeff.

As for the video itsself, I don't obsess about watching silly crap like these videos, so if wrestlers want to shoot back and forth bitch fits about each other, I could really care less. Let 'em have at eachother. As for Matt Hardy, I have nothing to really say at all, so I guess that must fall in line with "No one gives a fuck about Matt"

big whoopdee doooooo, if it were a wwe guy talking about tna, this wouldn't even be talked about, if the miz cut a video like this, theres a lot of people that would be on their knees like he is for vince, anyways the video was made to do what you all doing, talking about it.

Just a thought: what if this video is planned? A few weeks ago Hogan said that TNA is going to start shooting a lot. Maybe this is the first example of it.

If this is a "planned" shoot the the Hardy's are bloody good actors.....the more I see it though the more me thinks not!! But if this has gone ahead with the approval of TNA will it backfire on them? Apart from the publicity it is creating for the Hardy's on the forums and no doubt other platforms to come etc could this create more publicity for CM Punk in the same way that HHH & HBK did for Hall & Nash back in the mid nineties when they tried to storm the WCW show to "let our people go"?

Own goal by TNA? Answers on a postcard to.........................

Straight edge is good for society? I'm sorry, but I have the right to choose to drink, to smoke and to take drugs. I don't always exercise this right but I have the freedom to make the choice for myself. Straight edge is self inflicted abstinence, like every other movement on the planet it is NOT beyond criticism and it is not for everyone. I happen to echo Hardy's view on it, to be honest. I smoke to deal with stress and I drink safely with my friends on the weekends. That's my choice and it doesn't make me a bad person.

How could you think that? You don't have the right to take drugs, are you Jeff Hardy? I've got my eye on you. Anyway, I actually want to comment on your previous point of Punk's talent. I find the guy to be a very talented performer and, except for the GTS, I enjoy all of his matches. Especially against John Morrison, I've never seen his matches against Jeff though. I think his promos are effective no matter who he cuts them against, look at how effective his promos were against Rey Mysterio about Punk being the fan's "true hero" instead of Rey. I think if they had done it right and let it grow organically, Straight Edge Society could've been the best stable since the Attitude Era especially with how dark the angle was in contrast to the rest of the WWE. Also, from what I understand, Punk's "fall from grace" was due to the fact that he kinda pissed The Undertaker off by backtalking a bit when 'Taker told him when he was WHC that he needs to dress the part outside of the ring and CM said something to the effect of "What about the way Cena dresses?" I don't know how true this is but that's fucked up as Punks a grown ass man although he should've been smarter as it's been said that Taker's words hold just as much weigh with Mr. McMahon as HHH's if not more. Just trying to add an objective opinion, well, as objective as one can be as a pro wrestling fan. Also, the Hardy's were never exactly my cup of tea but I've always respected them and actually marked out a little when Jeff won the WHC at the end of '08 but, like anything else with TNA, they need to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and start taking a look at themselves and how to improve their situation. As 50 Cent once said, "You say I talk a little fast but, if you listen a little faster, I ain't gotta slow down for you to catch up, bitch."

Long time reader of these forums, first time poster...

While it is hard to tell when this video was made, it is still in bad taste all around. To even appear on camera looking like you are under the influence of a controlled substance when you have multiple drug charges hanging over you is just ******ed. TNA has got to hope and pray that Jeff is somehow cleared of all charges, because the way I see it if he isnt they will have to do some house cleaning of some talent that is also known drug users.

Viewing the video a few times, I'm sad to say that what little respect I had left for Jeff is now all but gone. And as for Matt...well I think he just needs to pack it in and stay off television, hasnt had a half decent match for a few years now, but of course that is just my opinion.

Fact: Jeff Hardy is a HORRIBLE champion
Fact: Jeff Hardy is no role model. Never has been. Never will be.
Fact: CM Punk is a thousand times the wrestler that Jeff Hardy will be or ever has been.
Fact: TNA knew this was the case when they put the strap on him solely for the purpose of shock factor for one night. Just goes to show you how horrible of a company it really has become.

I highly doubt CM Punk even cares what these two bloated failures have to say. Punk has gotten more respect as one night as a commentator than Jeff Hardy has in the whole time he's been the champion and leader of the worst main even faction in the history of wrestling.

I agreed. Matt is just a whiny little bitch. Jeff is just a\ cocky, selfish pig. Look how fat Matt got... LOL... Fat Matt. That shows that he doesn't even give a damn about himself... Fat Matt... LOL.

Do you think that this was leaked or inadvertantly posted, and now that the Hardy's are embarrassed or something like that? Music was ADDED to the video, and also it was edited before it was posted.

I'm just in amazement, at how it's so fucking easy to work people up into a frenzy these days. Jericho said it best on his twitter account a couple of months back, when he mentioned the internet is full of sheep. Easily offended, defensive, emotional, and totally gullable. Believe it or not, this is the ENTERTAINMENT business. Whether it's "real" or not is not even of concern. Controversy sells, and this is just to garner attention, and NOTHING more. Stop looking so fucking deep into everything. Whether it gets attention outside of the YouTube video is what we should be discussing.

"Oh he's on drugs"

"Matt should get over Lita"

"Jeff is not better in the ring than Punk"

"What an embarrassment"

"I used to look up to them" - you're an ass if you look up to wrestling characters. That's like saying, "I looked up to Jack from Titantic." Grow the fuck up.

It is unbelievable how much emtion you're all spilling on these forums discussing this topic, when it is just done and posted to garner attention. Attention, attention, attention, attention. You watching it, means they are thus far successful. Let's see if it turns into more television views.

If this was a work, it was a bad idea with the charges pending for jeff, good luck explaining to the jury that you were fake stoned. But whether a work or a shoot that video succeeds in making jeff look like a pathetic has been reaching out to rekindle the greatest fued in his career(i say greatest fued because he was a world champion in the big time promotion, altho he had other more memorable fueds). let it go jeff, you have bigger fish to fry and life is too short to be so bitter.

It's not successful in that it makes look like total assholes to all of their used-to-be fans. This will probably lead to Matt never getting hired by TNA, and Jeff will hopefully get released as well - the dude needs rehab, badly.

Yes he looks Terrible in the video and he looks Drunk or High. The thing I fail to see is how is this at all Horrible or Embarrassing for TNA and that he's Gabrage or Undeserving of the TNA World championship is laughable to me, We have no idea when this scene occured so for all we know this Video could be from 6 months ago. Another reason why its not embarrassing is because most of the TNA viewers will never even see this video.

It's horrible because regardless of whether or not this was recent, a professional should know better. No matter what your profession, Hardy knows better, or at least he should. Clearly, he's doing drugs, whether that's a matter of again or still. He should be fired as he is a representative of TNA.

Not to mention it seems that he and his brother are just horrible human beings. Both bitter about being fired from a company that no longer wanted or needed their services. Matt seems obsessive about Lita and needs to grow up and act like a man.

To me whether this stuff was real or not, it's embarrassing for all parties and these 2 knuckleheads are never going to "get it."

This was filmed in January 2010 because if you remember when Jeff debuted in TNA on Jan 4, he had that dyed blonde hair spot just above his neck. If you look closely in this vidoe, his hair is dyed in that same area, below his ears.

CM Punk is an asshat, and I dont doubt that he was a dick to Jeff Hardy. On the other hand, if Hardy had a problem with him making fun of his drug problems, then he should have confronted him or said something back when they were doing the angle in July/Aug 09.

Frankly, I found it hilarious. I love shoot videos, especially the ones where the wrestlers don't pull any punches or disguise their intent at all, and Hardy did neither. Good on him for it.

All this talk of "professionalism" is ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned. I have no issue with him venting like this. None.

Wow.

The constant sniffing and rubbing of his nose and the scratching near the end of the video...classic signs of substance abuse.

What an unnecessary video to make. Nothing like burning bridges that didn't need to be burned. This is just an example of Jeff buying into his own hype.

I am a fan of TNA and really like the direction of Jeff's character, but this is doing nothing to help him. Spend time making cool promos that highlight YOUR company, not the competition.

BTW Jeff, I have never bought a ticket or a PPV to see you. During your WWE singles run, if I was at the show I used the restroom when your music hit. If I was watching a ppv at home, I just changed the channel to something entertaining.

Matt Hardy??? Still hung up on Lita (Amy Dumas)? WTF??? Dude get over it. It has been years. Worry about fitting into your ring gear when you debut for TNA, not the list of chaps Lita has banged...

I am sad for Jeff. It is going to be a very sad day when I type deceased wrestlers into a search engine and Jeff's name is on the bottom w/ cause of death being overdose.

Wow. Just....wow. I have done a lot of stupid shit when I was drunk or high, but this is stupidity personified. Where do Jeff & Matt plan to work when TNA folds in the next year or so? Talk about not thinking about the future. I used to love the Hardys. Now, I just don't really give a fuck anymore. Jeff is really nothing more than an over rated daredevil/acrobat, and Matt is a lump of shit that's been riding Jeff's coat tails for YEARS. I say fuck 'em, and everyone who looks like 'em.

Im all about 2nd chances, but I just think Jeff is addicted to trouble. I'm a huge Jeff fan, but im guessing this will not be the last time that Jeff will make news for the wrong reasons.

lets see 1st he has to be on the 10th chance 2nd holy shit is hardy stupid he needs to have his dog die again or get clean he is stoned as all hell lol str8 edge is prolly the way to go

I don't see what the big deal is. So the Hardys are drunk and possibly stoned ranting?

you do know the guy has a court case coming up on drugs right?

if he gets convicted (add the video to it), TNA is going to be known as somewhere that known druggies get added. the problem?

the government has been hitting hard on drugs these past few years. McMahon's been targeted, but if TNA is targeted for any abuse and gets caught (like Dixie knowingly letting wrestlers do that backstage or just having knowledge they do that), she's going to be in big trouble.

then you'll be watching TNA Impact on WWE Classics and complaining on how Vince monopolizes the wrestling industry, instead of realizing how stupid TNA is for making idiotic decisions like having a pot head as World champion.

someone else said if this was a WWE guy bashing TNA under the influence on the internet no one would care. of course not, because they'd get canned the day after or WWE would pay for rehab.

They're just shooting themselves in the foot, if anything.

Just like IDR, I could give two shits about what was said in the video. They have personal beef with each other... good. Jeff decided to vent it on YouTube in (what is perceived by me to be) a drunken/drug-filled stupor... even better. This made for good entertainment for me.

CM Punk and Jeff Hardy are now in two different promotions. Therefore, none of this matters unless you're a nosy person that needs to get into others' business. I won't lose sleep over any of it but it sure was funny to watch.

I remember when the Hardys were a part of the brood and when they were in classic TLC matches. It's a shame what can happen to people. Jeff was one of my favorites as a kid, and to see him in this state is actually a huge letdown. As for Matt, he has always been the Jannety of that team. Whenever they show clips of the old Hardy boys they always show Jeff doing something amazing. While Jeff was doing swantons off of ladders, Matt was doing a legdrop of the second rope. He got popular because people felt for him after the Lita and Edge relationship. I could understand CM Punk not acknowledging Jeff because if a person is living a lifestyle I strongly disagree with, than I wouldn't associate with them. It's a personal preference that he is entitled to it. I am not suprised how many TNA fans think this isn't a big deal or is entertaining, but seeing the top star in an altered state (he wasn't pacing and rubbing his nose repeatedly because of allergies) is bad for the company when they have outstanding younger talent that can be leading the company.

Well these two are becoming bigger clowns by the day. Jeff either on coke or trying to sell the idea he is by rubbing his nose every few seconds and Matt STILL hung up on a relationship from 6 years ago. WOW.

Anyone seen a video where Fatt Hardy isn't eating btw?

Frankly, I found it hilarious. I love shoot videos, especially the ones where the wrestlers don't pull any punches or disguise their intent at all, and Hardy did neither. Good on him for it.

All this talk of "professionalism" is ridiculous, as far as I'm concerned. I have no issue with him venting like this. None.

I find it discouraging that you don't have any issue with this. The poster-boy for the company you support is, at best, showing a staggering level of poor judgement by doing a video (shoot or otherwise) where he is either legitimately stoned out of his mind or pretends to be and with his history, you don't think that might be an issue?

Shoots are all well and good and by all means if Jeff has an issue with something Punk said or did who am I to say he shouldn't say anything. BUT, to do so in a way that at the very least makes him appear to be wasted can't possibly be considered good for TNA.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Your TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Personally, I think Punk could've gotten over on his own without being put in the program with Hardy. I think it just would've taken longer. But that's really up for legit debate. Hardy does make a valid point about being the one who "made" Punk as he really did play a huge role in getting Punk over. However, when he's wasted off his ass (or looks like it) it kinda destroys his credibility. On top of that, he had the nerve to blast WWE? The company that made both him and his brother household names? I'm somewhat disappointed in him after watching this. But whatever. This probably won't be much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I couldn't really understand what Matt was saying. I heard something about Lita and then some incoherent mumbling.

You know, I dont care for Jeff Hardy, I think he is a loser and is pathetic and this video shows the true Matt and Jeff Hardy. But the one thing I would mention is check out the back of his hair. He has the blonde in the back. So this had to be before he was champion. The fact that he would even do a video like this is beyond me, and I do not think he deserves to be TNA Champion, but I do like to look at the facts and I think this video was shot a little while back. Maybe around the time he got busted, I dont know, but I do know almost certainly that this isnt a current video..

you do know the guy has a court case coming up on drugs right?

if he gets convicted (add the video to it), TNA is going to be known as somewhere that known druggies get added. the problem?

the government has been hitting hard on drugs these past few years. McMahon's been targeted, but if TNA is targeted for any abuse and gets caught (like Dixie knowingly letting wrestlers do that backstage or just having knowledge they do that), she's going to be in big trouble.

then you'll be watching TNA Impact on WWE Classics and complaining on how Vince monopolizes the wrestling industry, instead of realizing how stupid TNA is for making idiotic decisions like having a pot head as World champion.

someone else said if this was a WWE guy bashing TNA under the influence on the internet no one would care. of course not, because they'd get canned the day after or WWE would pay for rehab.

That doesn't change anything. If he thinks that he can get high and drunk with that trial pending, that's fine. It's his life and his choice. I probably wouldn't do that in his shoes. But then again I'm not and neither are you.

So what if TNA allows a pot head to be their world champ? How many people overdosed from pot? How many people who smoke pot also are good hard-working employees? I'll grant you, I don't think Hardy deserves to be the champ, but that has nothing to do with his drug/alcohol use. And as long as he's not letting it affect his work, it shouldn't have anything to do with TNA's decision to make him champ.

I think you're getting a little carried away with this. Jeff Hardy's drug use won't be the reason why TNA will end up in WWE's Classic library (it'd probably be the booking).

And your last point is irrelevant, because Hardy was just pointing out that Punk is full of his own shit. He doesn't even live up to the bar he sets. I mean it'd be one thing if Punk professed that shit and then lived up to it. Granted, a caffeine rush isn't as intense as sniffing a line of red balls off a hooker's tit, but it is still a stimulant and the legality is irrelevant. And if it's true, using a heavy duty sleeping drug isn't something a straight-edge guy should be doing either. Maybe, if Punk wasn't so full of shit, he could have less problems getting to sleep at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back