Jeff Hardy Shoots on CM Punk

MisterRob

Wrestling Historian
So, I found a link to this video and thought I'd share. This right here is the TNA World champion, Jeff Hardy.. the guy whose suppose to be a representative of TNA as a company, and their top star.. cutting a shoot interview along with his brother, Matt. I'm curious to see what people think of what he said about CM Punk and just how he comes across in general.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Video

So I just watched the video posted on the main site. I must say I'm appauled. Like the guy who published it, I am saddened at seeing someone I grew up idolizing do that. Thoughts?

Edit: I see that as I made this there was another one made. Feel free to merge or delete this

Man for the sucess the Hardyz have had in their Careers for them to resort to this is really SAD. Jeff sounds bitter and he looked drugged out as did Matt in that whole Video. CM Punk was already becoming a Star in WWE on ECW before he got involved with Jeff Hardy. Just really sad.

Also Matt needs to get over Lita already,its been 6 years just stop already. I bet TNA is really proud of Jeff as their World Champion after that garbage.

Man for the sucess the Hardyz have had in their Careers for them to resort to this is really SAD. Jeff sounds bitter and he looked drugged out as did Matt in that whole Video. CM Punk was already becoming a Star in WWE on ECW before he got involved with Jeff Hardy. Just really sad.

Also Matt needs to get over Lita already,its been 6 years just stop already. I bet TNA is really proud of Jeff as their World Champion after that garbage.

ditto.

right now he's the face of TNA. it's one thing to post a vid up shooting (because TNA is all about that nowadays), but man to do it while you're looking like you're on something is pretty ridiculous. TNA has to do something about this. people criticize WWE for being strict on their off tv tweets/comments, but when you're loose like TNA, stuff like this happens. to be honest, i don't know how Jeff deserves any World title. he's criticizing Punk for his Straight Edge ways, but when a druggie does that, not credible at all.

no comment on Matt. he's not anywhere, he just seems bitter for what happened with WWE and i understand that. but you know, honestly, did he even deserve a push? he was never a good worker (decent at best). the push he got was because of the pops he'd get, which were really pity pops. the guy got cheated on by Lita and everyone knew and they felt sorry for him. before that, when was Matt relevant in any way? the pity carried over and went to his head. Lita may have broke his heart, but her ****ish ways did help his career out. the relevant Hardy needs to chill out and get off whatever he's on, he's embarrassing TNA

Yes he looks Terrible in the video and he looks Drunk or High. The thing I fail to see is how is this at all Horrible or Embarrassing for TNA and that he's Gabrage or Undeserving of the TNA World championship is laughable to me, We have no idea when this scene occured so for all we know this Video could be from 6 months ago. Another reason why its not embarrassing is because most of the TNA viewers will never even see this video.

Wow as he says CM Punks lifestlye is wrong and his is right he sounds stoned to hell really sad. As for Matt he sounds like he is trying to start women troubles with Punk(i think he sounded stoned out too) which aint right at all.

Hopefully TNA didnt put him up to this because this whole shoot on the other guys thing is just dumb and neither company should engage in it.

Yes he looks Terrible in the video and he looks Drunk or High. The thing I fail to see is how is this at all Horrible or Embarrassing for TNA and that he's Gabrage as TNA World champ, We have no idea when this scene occured so for all we know this Video could be from 6 months ago. Another reason why its not embarrassing is because most of the TNA viewers will never even see this video.

say what? lol he's the champion, the face of the company right now.

you saying if you saw Cena or Orton make a video like that, you wouldn't question WWE's morals? TNA may not be in WCW status (yet at least), but what Hardy does reflects the company. they failed by making him a champion with the charges being filed, now they know what they did was stupid after hearing this. i would be surprised if Dixie "The Mark" Carter doesn't do anything about this. this certainly doesn't fall under "any publicity is good publicity", this falls under "what kind of guys does TNA hire and push"

Ok, for those of you that haven't seen it, Jeff Hardy was a.) pilled out of his mind or b.) pretending to be pilled out of his mind for attention, and went on a 2 minute rant about how he "made" CM Punk. The video ends with some half coherent rambling from Matt Hardy about Amy Dumas (Lita) that really made no sense. Don't get me wrong, I like Jeff Hardy and always have. I think Matt is a no talent loser that's been lucky enough to keep a job because of his brother. I'm not even sure what sparked this tangent for Jeff and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the whole Matt/Edge/Lita thing been over and done with since, oh, I don't know, 2005???? NOBODY GIVES A $H!T, MATT!! Anyway, sorry for rambling, I just wanted to get your thoughts on the video and see if any of you can make any sense of it. I've posted the links below.

Video: http://popwrecked.com/jeffhardy.html

Article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-judgement-displayed-in-cm-punk-hating-video

Hard to say whether or not Jeff is on anything in this video, but regardless, the message he preaches throughout the shoot is that living "straight edge" like CM Punk is wrong. That's not good for business. TNA could be in serious danger with sponsors after this one. No matter what your personal feelings are on drugs and alcohol, the mainstream media isn't about to become associated with anything that promotes them. TNA has to take the belt off of Jeff and, truthfully, maybe even consider letting him go.

As for Matt, who cares? He's clearly f*cked up beyond belief. If he spent a little less time at diners eating french fries and a little more time getting into shape, he might have become more relevant.

Im all about 2nd chances, but I just think Jeff is addicted to trouble. I'm a huge Jeff fan, but im guessing this will not be the last time that Jeff will make news for the wrong reasons.

Is it possible to become a washed up clown like Matt Hardy has become in such a short time? What a joke these two have become. I can't wait for Matt to debut in TNA and those 500 fans pop for him for no reason at all. Guys a clown and should have hung it up a long time ago. Jeff is equally a boob in this video.

Since I was younger I always loved the Hardys. I loved them as a tag team, loved when Matt was brought back in '05, loved Jeff's title runs, and even supported Matt leaving to find greener pastures.

After seeing this video I have to say that my love for the Hardys is just fading. Now before I describe my feelings I will say that I don't think it's fair that the guy who posted the video makes several implications that the two are "drugged up." I don't think that's fair. I understand Jeff has his history of drug problems but Matt just appeared to be drunk in the video. It's not fair to say someone has a problem because they are drunk in a video. I enjoy having some drinks with friends on the weekends and those are really the only times the cameras come out. So therefore, to imply that they have serious problems is stretching it a bit.

Watching this video made me see the Hardys in a bitter light. CM Punk is experiencing a lot of success and is having a great run in the WWE right now. I understand if you don't like someone. But to make baseless accusations and insult them in a home movie is just not a good move. Jeff comes across as a small time guy who is bitter about things that have transpired. He is the face of TNA and has a responsibility to not look like an absolute idiot in public. I'd say that he completely failed in this regard. I mean this has got to be a PR nightmare for TNA. You have a person who is clearly under the influence of something insulting a guy because of his life choice to remain sober? Not the best way to go about business.

As I said before I don't think it's fair to judge people and assume they have problems based on a few videos. However, what is the public honestly supposed to think? People will always make assumptions and the assumptions from this video are going to be mostly negative. A few years ago the Hardys were the hottest commodity in pro-wrestling. Now they are mostly forgotten by the casual fan and things such as this are only going to push people away even more. I'd hate to say it but I really think the Hardys are losing relevance at a pretty fast rate.

Matt's mad because CM Punk is dating his ex g/f... and jealous CM Punk has done more with his career than Matt ever did.
Those 2 boys look like they need rehab. Seriously. With ALL the attention wrestling has been getting recently with drugs in the sport, the last thing it needs is a drunk champion saying 'straight edge is wrong.'

Wow...a grown-ass man swearing a fellow competitor that is clearly better than him in every aspect possible....and being high while doing it...way to go Jeefoooooo.Not defending Matt, but at least he didnt use the F word=)

Great fucking video. Hysterical.

Matt Hardy. He had a chance. The guy was as hot as Maryse's ass in 2005 when he was up against Edge. He could have carried that to Smackdown and god damn, he'd be a multi time champion. He needs to realize that he sucks. No, it's not that he wants a push, or WWE doesn't listen to his ideas. He sucks. Matt, get over it, you suck shit in the ring.

Jeff Hardy: Guy's a B rate champion for a B rate show. I wouldn't be surprised if he begs McMahon to reinstate him in like 2012 when Dixie Carter runs it into the ground. I'd like Jedd to job to either Santino or Yoshi Tatsu. Can't decide which one....

Fact: Jeff Hardy is a HORRIBLE champion
Fact: Jeff Hardy is no role model. Never has been. Never will be.
Fact: CM Punk is a thousand times the wrestler that Jeff Hardy will be or ever has been.
Fact: TNA knew this was the case when they put the strap on him solely for the purpose of shock factor for one night. Just goes to show you how horrible of a company it really has become.

I highly doubt CM Punk even cares what these two bloated failures have to say. Punk has gotten more respect as one night as a commentator than Jeff Hardy has in the whole time he's been the champion and leader of the worst main even faction in the history of wrestling.

Since I was younger I always loved the Hardys. I loved them as a tag team, loved when Matt was brought back in '05, loved Jeff's title runs, and even supported Matt leaving to find greener pastures.

After seeing this video I have to say that my love for the Hardys is just fading. Now before I describe my feelings I will say that I don't think it's fair that the guy who posted the video makes several implications that the two are "drugged up." I don't think that's fair. I understand Jeff has his history of drug problems but Matt just appeared to be drunk in the video. It's not fair to say someone has a problem because they are drunk in a video. I enjoy having some drinks with friends on the weekends and those are really the only times the cameras come out. So therefore, to imply that they have serious problems is stretching it a bit.

Watching this video made me see the Hardys in a bitter light. CM Punk is experiencing a lot of success and is having a great run in the WWE right now. I understand if you don't like someone. But to make baseless accusations and insult them in a home movie is just not a good move. Jeff comes across as a small time guy who is bitter about things that have transpired. He is the face of TNA and has a responsibility to not look like an absolute idiot in public. I'd say that he completely failed in this regard. I mean this has got to be a PR nightmare for TNA. You have a person who is clearly under the influence of something insulting a guy because of his life choice to remain sober? Not the best way to go about business.

As I said before I don't think it's fair to judge people and assume they have problems based on a few videos. However, what is the public honestly supposed to think? People will always make assumptions and the assumptions from this video are going to be mostly negative. A few years ago the Hardys were the hottest commodity in pro-wrestling. Now they are mostly forgotten by the casual fan and things such as this are only going to push people away even more. I'd hate to say it but I really think the Hardys are losing relevance at a pretty fast rate.

I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. I've always been one to defend the Hardy's when everyone else was bashing them, but Jeff is really making it hard with this one. There isn't really much I can say that hasn't already been said before in this thread. Unfortunately, this is going to turn many fans view's around, and it's really beginning to ware on me to be honest. I'm still a Hardy fan, but a very disappointed one to say the least. However, if things like this keep happening, I'm not too sure how long it'll last.

I really didn't wanna post on this because this is obvious attention grabbing but just a little fyi, with the way he was playing with his nose, he was either on coke or he wanted to make us think he is. You can look at the difference between he and Matt. Matt seemed as if he was a little intoxicated but, for the short period he was on the screen, he didn't have any of the little tweeks that coke heads have. I'm giving Jeff the benefit of the doubt as there's no way he can be stupid enough to be on that powder with his legal issues, then again, he just did this video. Even if he isn't, he doesn't want to put that idea into judge or prosecutor's head. Also, that's kinda fucked up saying that stuff about CM Punk's lifestyle, he may be a dick but you can't fault the guy for not breaking laws. Also, there's nothing wrong with him taking the Ambien if he's been presribed lawfully. Last but not least, I hope Matt's not sweating someone that cheated on him, I wouldn't have even been taking her calls. Lita's not that good looking anyway?

P.S. Matt was crushing those fries wasn't he?

First off I would like to say I dont agree with what he is saying but I dont see how this will have such a negative impact on his TNA career. This video was said to be found, not released like regular hardy videos. Judging by the content discussed it was probably right after he was fired by the WWE and was not yet signed with TNA. Yes he could be stoned in video, he could not be but the truth is that now the guy was called out on his wrong doings and is paying for it by having the looming presence of a prison sentence over his head. I dont think he would be stupid enough to make this video at anytime during his current second run in TNA given that the company was already taking such a big risk with him in the first place.

If I am wrong and this video was filmed recently during his second run the only thing that could maybe justify it being put on camera is hogan and bishoff's new found love for real-Shoot style interviews and promos. Hogan said it was getting real...not much else is more real than those thoughts jeff was rambling about.

I definitely agree that this video is in bad taste. The Hardyz need to realize that not every thought they have is worth taping. There is a such thing as keeping your opinions to yourself.

As far as Jeff's comments about how he made CM Punk, he didn't. CM Punk was doing just fine on his own; however, putting the two together is a story was a good move. Drugs vs Straight Edge. Of course Straight Edge had to win due to WWE gearing their product towards kids.

As for Matt's Lita comments, he was probably just upset. It is hard to watch exgirlfriends move on when you still have feeling for them. According to both Lita's and CM Punk's wikipedia pages, Matt did an interview back in March of 2010 and during the interview, revealed that Lita and CM Punk are no longer dating. I know this doesn't prove anything, but does give me hope that the video is out dated. This could have been made right after Jeff left WWE and was furthering the Jeff vs Punk story just in case he wanted back in the WWE before he signed with TNA. While Matt was probably just blowing off steam.

Now both of the guys did seem pretty out of it. Jeff, was touching his nose a lot like he may have been sniffing something...

Matt just seem drunk out of his mind, which would explain the diner food.

Who know what was really going on in either of their heads during this video. Was it a work, was it real, was it a mix of both. The only people that know are the people that were there. I have always been a huge fan of both of the Hardyz and I'm hoping that they can get past their personal issues and start performing to their top abilities.

This was pathetic. Hardy's the World Champ and making a video like this. I may be be biased because I do believe in the StraightEdge lifestyle, but trying to trash another superstar from another company about his StraightEdge life while looking like he is under the influence of something is just absolutely disgraceful. And as for Matt Hardy, well he just need to get over Lita. It's been 5+ years and still bitter. Just get over with now.

I did notice Jeff grabbing his nose a lot and it definately looked like he was on coke. Given his drug problems I don't doubt for a second he'd still do drugs. That kind of thing happens all the time, just usually the guy doing drugs isn't famous.

On the other hand, this video is clearly edited. It looks like there's a cut about half the time he touches his nose. So we're definately not getting the whole story.

But my first conclusion after seeing this video is two words; Worked shoot. TNA has shown a desire to take jabs at, refference, and do anything to WWE time and again. They named a stable VKM and at some point had them try to get on camera with WWE fans. This goes perfectly with Jeff's heel turn and no one likes bluring the lines between real and fake better than Vince Russo. This kinda thing seems pretty logical for TNA. Of course that makes no rational sense to anyone with a brain, but go figure.

As others have said, do we have any indication of when this was shot? Apparently after Jeff left WWE at least since he talks about "try doing this in YOUR company". But other than that, who knows.

Hey, for all we know, CM Punk deserves to have some attitude thrown his way. It's not that hard to come across a story about Punk being a jerk in real life, and Jeff's story about Punk not being one of the guys to be social and say hi backstage doesn't sound all that outlandish to me. I'm a big fan of Punk and when I come across stories of him being completely rude to fans at Taste of Chicago in the summer or ignoring people in the airport, it's kinda disappointing. Some people stick up for him by saying these guys don't want to be hounded all day by fans, I say "poor you". Don't make your millions of dollars on WWE programming then if you think you only have to be "on" for a few hours a week when the cameras are rolling. WWE Superstars still are real life heroes to a lot of people, and if you can't be nice to fans who approach you in public, then you're a pretty sad person.

With all that said, this video still does make them look pretty dumb. Hopefully Punk doesn't waste his breath or dignify it with a reaction but he is on Twitter these days so maybe he'll make some remark on there. CM Punk would be a star no matter what and no one person is responsible for his success. The guy is even amazing on commentary as we all got the chance to experience this week. So if I was gonna talk crap about somebody, I probably wouldn't pick CM Punk, cuz the guy is a success any way you look at it.

Who gives a shit. For the love of god this is something that no one will care about tomorrow. This won't hurt TNA and it really doesn't matter. Just more shit to stir the pot.

BTW.... Didn't CM Punk go on live TV after Jeff Hardy was released and trash him? I think he did and I also think people loved that.

Agreed. although he does sound stoned, who gives a fuck?. no young kid will see this. Let him live his life.

You mean in the same way Jeff is letting Punk live his? I'm sorry, I've always been a MASSIVE fan of Jeff, but this sickened me. A blatent, uncalled for attack on another person. And as for "made CM Punk a M*ther f*cking superstar? I don't think so. Punk was the champion before Jeff. They both raised each others game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back