Jack Swagger Arrested on DUI/Marijuana Charges

So... who get's his push?

Ziggler, Henry, Big Show, Orton or Yoshi Tatsu?

on a serious note, how in the hell do you do something this stupid? He was on a roll as of late so goodbye you lost your swagger. fool.

Yeah, a WWE wrestler gets arrested every other month or so, usually for a DUI (mainly in FCW, but Riley's also been done for that). Pot's also Kosher in WWE, you pissed positive for THC? Pay a 1.5K fine and you're good to go. Hell Serena was an alcoholic for her entire WWE tenure and she still lasted months on the main roster without any punishment. Showing up to a show drunk is also a $1.5K fine for alcohol, btw.

Swagger will be fine. He'll get in some trouble backstage but WWE don't give many shits about that sort of thing. I mean look at Wade "Assault and Battery on a Police Officer" Barrett. Now watch Zeb Colter talk about how Real Americans should be free to do what they like without harassment by policemen who should be dealing with the real problems with America - Immigrants.

Personally, I hope he gets canned. Not because of the marijuana charges or the DUI. Not because of any erratic driving patterns. Not because of the Wellness Policy or the PR aspect of it all upon WWE. I hope he gets fired for simple basic stupidity. For him to have fallen as far as he's fallen, to take an extensive hiatus, and then to return with such a significant push, including winning the EC and getting a title shot at WM, only to screw it up so arrogantly and stupidly, he deserves to get fired. I'd make him and Evan Bourne a tag team called the Future Endeavors, and I'd then send the two of them packing.

The Colter character is overrated. How many times can he keep saying the same exact thing before people tire of it?
It's the WWE. Can the writers come up with fresh material? Could the performers even handle it? Are the fans smart enough to wrap their heads around it?

Pot's also Kosher in WWE
What's the difference between what's happened with Swagger and what happened with RVD? Really. I have no idea, so I'm asking.

What's the difference between what's happened with Swagger and what happened with RVD? Really. I have no idea, so I'm asking.

Off the top of my head, there were pills in RVD's car too. But there were also pollitical issues there too, RVD was being an asshole backstage, was in a more important angle than Swagger is and WWE expecting something like that to happen was precisely why they never pulled the trigger on a RVD ME run before. After he proved their fears that he'd get busted right they weren't going to give him another chance.

I had forgotten about that though, I do admit.

Lies!

It was a personality conflict. Nothing more.

It was a personality conflict because he was being an asshole that was pretty fed up of WWE/what WWE was doing to ECW (but I may have my timings messed up there). He was being sarcastic in response to things WWE was taking seriously (like not going to the Gym after checking in at the hotel because someone ended up late to a show because of that (or some such bollocks).

He was fed up with WWE at the time and they didn't like his attitude because of that.

I don't really understand. Months off, a failed title reign all in the past and a re-invention. That's the time you say to yourself 'Maybe I'll but down the doob now, least until I've seen how far this is going to go'. Now, not entirely because of the fact of getting arrested, but more when it's happened, he may well get himself fired.

Maybe it's all a plan. Maybe he never wanted to have to work too hard in the WWE and figured if he could stop his push now, he may get a cushy job working NXT for the next five years. That's the only logical perspective I can see, and even that's really stupid.

It was a personality conflict because he was being an asshole that was pretty fed up of WWE/what WWE was doing to ECW (but I may have my timings messed up there). He was being sarcastic in response to things WWE was taking seriously (like not going to the Gym after checking in at the hotel because someone ended up late to a show because of that (or some such bollocks).

He was fed up with WWE at the time and they didn't like his attitude because of that.
It's just like you not to appreciate Van Dam's rapier wit.

1328740270_Dumbass_you_know_them_gag.jpg

Off the top of my head, there were pills in RVD's car too. But there were also pollitical issues there too, RVD was being an asshole backstage, was in a more important angle than Swagger is and WWE expecting something like that to happen was precisely why they never pulled the trigger on a RVD ME run before. After he proved their fears that he'd get busted right they weren't going to give him another chance.

I had forgotten about that though, I do admit.

I think this part is somewhat debatable.

Yes, RVD had just beat Cena to win the WWE title and was holding two world championship belts, but he wasn't about to "main event" Wrestlemania.

It's almost apples and oranges.

I think this part is somewhat debatable.

Yes, RVD had just beat Cena to win the WWE title and was holding two world championship belts, but he wasn't about to "main event" Wrestlemania.

It's almost apples and oranges.

Nor is Jack Swagger. Nobody's paying to see Swagger vs ADR.

I think the thing that is most unexpected is I don't recall Swagger doing things like this. Granted I'm not gonna look into it but RVD and Hardy were kind of known for doing dumb stuff and from my recollection Swagger usually keeps his nose clean (once again dont quote me on that). What a thing to do right before your biggest match ever.

Thought this merited discussion:

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp
Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.

Well, Swagger's out. Expect to see him in Aces & Eights in a couple months.

Aces & Eights for Swagger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back