Is It Time To Pull The Plug On Jack Swagger?

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
First, let's look at the positives Jack Swagger has brought to us this last half year;

• He has a very nice hairdo

Now then, let's look at the complete bumblefuck of a half year Jack Swagger has had.

• He got busted for a DUI and a marijuana possession
  • He injured Dolph Ziggler with a freaking kick
  • He's had sloppy, unimpressive matches
  • He's had Zeb Coulter save his ass on promos on a weekly basis
  • He's bored us all to tedium
  • He clubbed baby seals in the Artic
  • He's made JBL cry at the booth, remembering how he used to be so much better doing the same thing
  • He's managed to make camo look shitty
  • He got a jobber entrance at Wrestlemania, of all freaking places
  • Glenn Beck jobbed him out as irrelevant

Six months later, and one wicked handlebar mustache later, we're at the same place we were a year and a half ago; Swaggie sucks ass, and offers nothing to the viewer. Shocking, I know. There was a time Jack Swagger looked like a man with potential to be the next Kurt Angle; that time was three years ago, and nothing's changed about Jack Swagger since.

Besides his bitching hairdo, of course.

I hear tell that Back to the Future IV will start filming once Michael J. Fox's hand can steady enough to sign the contract. So maybe we should let Jack Swagger go, and let him play the Biff Tannen he was born to play.

Because clearly, this man was not born to be a wrestler.

So, Jack Swagger; time to go, yes?

Reactions: gd
So many references, so little time.

Ye this is a gifted roster, runs deep, and Swagger's absence will not be felt AT ALL. If he can feud with someone fresh, ye maybe. But if there is more WHC shit for him, no thanks, no thanks.

DUI or no DUI the man was, and sorrily is still shit. Zeb, as good as he his, cannot really salvage this.

People just don't care about Swagger. And its understandable.

No he finally is a bit more respected in the ring because of his latest gimmick.

I actually feel like he's more a top level player now, before you knew he was just a former World Champion being jobbed out. At least now he has some cred and some threat.

They shouldn't pull a plug, but maybe they should redirect some of his power? You know... Jack Swagger taps out to Daniel Bryan... actually let someone benefit from him, rather than just putting him and his career in a grave right away.

I'm just not seeing the credibility. This is the man that looks more like he lost to Santino for the US belt, then a Wrestlemania main eventer. He's been beaten like a drum by Del Rio, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't had a meaningful win since the Elimination Chamber.

That was four months ago.

With so much good, young talent on the roster, and with people like the Wyatt Family, it's probably better they get as much time as possible. Beating Jack Swagger means absolutely nothing; just like it did before he returned

Firing him would probably be a bit too much, he's still perfectly fine as enhancement talent. His useless pushes have to stop, though. Every time they attempt to put him in some sort of interesting program it falls to shit for no reason other than the fact that he blows.

Cut the shit.

No. Damn, Ye have little faith. Guys can't win every match, every show how many has he lost recently? I remember he jobbed like once at least twice in recent weeks but he's still coming off his most prominent angle in years. To me he's still in the World Heavyweight Title picture, and though controversial, he's still has one of the best mouthpieces and a man that can really stir it up in Zeb Colter. Swagger can talk, definitely wrestle, great size, he's still relatively young, he can be entertaining, you can't say that about everyone on the the WWE roster. Already folks are to eager to put a fork in Swagger. That was fast.

If they had an actual tag team division, I'd say move Swagger into a team with someone like Barrett, and you can have a very dominant team. Of course, that's dependent on one actually investing some time and creativity into tag team division. This worked for years.

There was no way that guys like Jim Neidhart, Bobby Eaton, Davey Boy Smith, Stan Lane, Marty Janetty, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Rick Steiner, or Greg Valentine would've lasted had there not been tag team wrestling. We look at a guy like Swagger and just think he sucks because he can't get over as a single competitor. Put him in a team and give them the tag titles, and good competition, and the guy could shine again.

I've been a supporter of Swagger for a long while and have long since thought him far more talented than his overall use in WWE would suggest. That being said, I do think that the opportunity for Swagger to be a main eventer in WWE have passed, at least for anything resembling the near future. His last angle, with Coulter doing a great job as his mouthpiece, garnered some major buzz and generated some legitimate controversy. If all the various reports I've read are true, Jack Swagger was scheduled to defeat Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania. However, Swagger shows clear lack of good sense & judgment by climbing behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated. As a result, he wound up sabotaging the biggest push & opportunity of his career.

However, I do think firing Swagger is far, far too extreme. I don't agree with the assessment that he's had sloppy matches since his return as I've seen him have some damn good ones against Del Rio, Ziggler and Daniel Bryan. Swagger is someone who can always be used as a mid-card or tag team wrestler as there are other, much more deserving in my opinion, wrestlers on the roster who should be future endeavored. A few names that spring to mind include JTG, The Great Khali, Camacho, David Otunga, Hunico, Hornswoggle and Yoshi Tatsu. These wrestlers contribute absolutely nothing to WWE that I can see, they're just dead weight that ought to be cut loose.

Pull the plug on his main event push, Yes.

Release him. No. At least not yet.

If anything, I would send Swagger down the card. Stick him firmly in the midcard, and have him hover around the Intercontinental Championship scene, where his status as a "former World Champion" can give the IC Title a small rub. I wouldn't actually give him the title though. Swagger is one of those few guys who are capable of working on all levels of the card and always able to look like a credible threat. I would just put Swagger in the dog house by having him do a couple of jobs to some low level guys like Zack Ryder, Alex Riley, Yoshi Tatsu, and Justin Gabriel and pad their win-loss records a bit.

Swagger should not be fired until it gets to a point where WWE absolutely HAS to fire SOMEONE, and they have to choose between dumping him, and dumping someone else.

I was very happy when Jack Swagger returned back in February with Zeb Colter. It felt new, fresh and exciting. With Colter as his mouthpiece, he could do the talking and Jack Swagger could show off his talents in the ring. As you have said, none of this came about for the reason that people have been trying to understand for the last three years: Jack Swagger is the epitome of dog shit.

There is so much potential on the roster that his absence will be as worrying as Evan Bourne's, and we all know how Bourne's injury has shaken WWE to it's core. Swagger has had various opportunities, I feel, but has fucked everyone of them up. The ECW Championship run was shocking, his work with Dolph Ziggler sucked ass and this run has been dominated by issues worse than boob sweat. DUI, Glenn Beck and Dolph Ziggler's concussion. Way to go!

I feel bad, because I wanted it to work. I thought that Jack Swagger had something, but after the DUI, I feel everything just went South afterwards. His match at WrestleMania 29 was going to be the make-or-break situation, and I feel it didn't live up to what it could have done. Perhaps WWE's booking could have affected this problem, but a certain amount of blame has to go on Jack Swagger.

I'd like to offer a solution, but I can't find one. WWE has some good guys coming up through the ranks and the future looks bright, and I feel Zeb Colter could be used elsewhere. For Jack Swagger, I hope something good can come out of the bad, but I don't the light I'm afraid.

Do I like Swagger? no not really

Do I think he should continually be given Main Event pushes? Definitely not

Do I think he should be fired? No

Like a previous poster stated find a tag team partner for him and let him thrive in the tag team division (cough Alex Riley cough). He is too talented to give up on. If they don't give him a tag team run, then bring back the All American american gimmick back as a face and destroy foreign heels. Maybe we will start show this guy some love

I have started to like swagger with Zeb, and while I don't think he should remain a main event guy, I think he would make a good mid card champ or someone to put other over. Like the poster above said, find him a tag partner and let Zeb manage them to the tag team titles. He is a good talent in the ring, and I think he could be used in other ways besudes the main event. Firing him is a little harsh imo.

Do I like Swagger? no not really

Do I think he should continually be given Main Event pushes? Definitely not

Like a previous poster stated find a tag team partner for him and let him thrive in the tag team division (cough Alex Riley cough). He is too talented to give up on. If they don't give him a tag team run, then bring back the All American american gimmick back as a face and destroy foreign heels. Maybe we will start show this guy some love

Alex Riley is too charismatic to turn heel. Although I wouldn't mind if Riley and Swagger feuded. Just give them a series of matches on Main Event and SmackDown for filler.

I think all of you are just being a bit too quick to shit on someone. Recall every push he has gotten has been about the most clusterfucked half-assed weak bullshit ever. He had what, two matches before he won Elmination Chamber? This after being the biggest jobber on the roster for most of a year, then being gone for 6 months? The push before that were he was idle doing fuck-all and out of nowere had MITB and the WHC within a week? Oh, you didnt get over like Hulk Hogan within three weeks, well then fuck it you suck, we will have you lose a thousand matches in a row.

Give him something to run with long-term, or longer term than a few weeks, and really establish him. The US title would have been a great idea, but it is currently being much raised in stature by Dean Ambrose.

WWE was not going to give Swagger the title. But of course once he got the DUI, he made it so easy for WWE to have an excuse to not give it to him. Typical idiots. But Swagger is always reliable in the ring, and frankly WWE doesn't have enough big time guys established to release a talent like him.. He needs a total overhaul though.

• He got busted for a DUI and a marijuana possession
  • He injured Dolph Ziggler with a freaking kick
  • He's had sloppy, unimpressive matches
  • He's had Zeb Coulter save his ass on promos on a weekly basis
  • He's bored us all to tedium
  • He clubbed baby seals in the Artic
  • He's made JBL cry at the booth, remembering how he used to be so much better doing the same thing
    [*]He's managed to make camo look shitty
  • He got a jobber entrance at Wrestlemania, of all freaking places
  • Glenn Beck jobbed him out as irrelevant

Camo ALWAYS looks shitty

Swagger's had chances to break out of being a boring guy who has consistently alright matches into someone who could really go out and dominate the company, but he hasn't capitalized on them just yet. He still looks awkward whenever he's not in a hold and kind of lumbers around the ring like a boy who's hit his growth spurt too early and hasn't gotten used to it yet. His mic skills are atrocious and he doesn't really enunciate his words with the authority someone with his body type and persona should so that certainly doesn't help his case either.

All that being said, it's probably a bit of a waste to get rid of him right now. Although he's pretty useless as far as taking a ball and running with it goes, he's been there for a while and he can still be used to elevate some newer faces as he's a semi-credible midcard heel who won't have a horrible match. If anything else it means there's someone else for the faces to beat up other than the primetime players and cody rhodes.

I'd say he has had his chance as far as main eventing is concerned, but future endeavorement is too harsh. He has the in-ring ability needed to succeed and with Zeb's help he could have made it back to the top with another World Heavyweight Championship reign. Swagger was on his way to turning things around upon his return.... but then it happened. Had it not been for his incident where he received a DUI during a WRESTLEMANIA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PUSH he could have finally turned things around for himself. That was the final nail in the coffin. It's a miracle the match even still took place, and now I doubt we will ever see him holding another world title.

They should still keep Swagger around as someone the guys further up on the card can have matches with when they need to look stronger going into a PPV match, but not necessarily having him job out. As long as Zeb is still involved with him he should win a match here and there. There's justification in keeping this character around, it's more interesting than the All American American was. Plenty of guys on the roster should get the axe before Swagger does. Sure he made a huge mistake during a massive push and had been through lackluster pushes that amounted to nothing before that, but someone with his skills deserves his roster spot. I say no more world title angles for him and keep him around to make the main eventers look good. It's not time to pull the plug on Swagger in a more permanent basis.... yet.

You know, I see that we are being the caring lot right about now so I'll confess, I gave Swagger a chance. When he came back...... ye I did. I liked his new gimmick and Zeb, Zeb is gold. But week after week, nothing impressed me about him. DUI or whatever makes no difference, he just isn't that good. In the ring he is ok, and if anyone decides to show me matches, its the other guy pal; it's the Kofi, Ziggler, ADR of this world making Jack look good.

I am not wishing death upon him for god's sake, on whatever rung you wanna put him at on the card, whatever role, developmental, card-filler, curtain-jerker you see him as, there is someone better there already.

Won't miss him.

Would I miss him if he was? No

Swagger is worth keeping around, but I don't thing he should be in the middle of many pushes or major storylines.

Swagger if anything they should have had him return as a face when he first came back and then Swagger could have had a feud with Cesaro over the WWE United States Championship because then a face turn from Swagger could have really helped his career but ever since keeping him as a heel aligning him with Zeb Colter it has done nothing but bring Swagger down

Swagger if anything they should have had him return as a face when he first came back and then Swagger could have had a feud with Cesaro over the WWE United States Championship because then a face turn from Swagger could have really helped his career but ever since keeping him as a heel aligning him with Zeb Colter it has done nothing but bring Swagger down

I'm not sure if Swagger could work as a face. He's "too good". He's a 6'6, 260 pounder who can actually go in the ring. He's too big and too skilled to be able to display the proper vulnerability to garner the crowd's sympathy. He would and SHOULD be over-powered and nearly invincible.

As a heel, he at least makes a good obstacle for a face to overcome.

I'm not sure if Swagger could work as a face. He's "too good". He's a 6'6, 260 pounder who can actually go in the ring. He's too big and too skilled to be able to display the proper vulnerability to garner the crowd's sympathy. He'd would and SHOULD be over-powered and nearly invincible.

You do raise a good point but at the same time they should probably have Swagger go on vacation once again take a few months off and then when he comes back yet again then you can push Swagger yet again to the moon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back