• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Jack Swagger the next Brock lesner?

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
For a long time now,every time I see Jack Swagger,i automatically think of Brock lesner.The way Jack looks and wrestlers,it just reminds me so much of Brock.there both Huge and built,they both have amatur wrestling backgrounds,both have killer finishers,both won titles in just months into there debuts,and both have impressed so many people in a short amount of time since there debuts

so my question is,do you think jack swagger is the next brock lesner,have you ever brought these 2 wrestlers together in your mind,ahve you ever though jack swagger is the next big thing?

ps,please don't bash this thread,i just want to hear peoples thoughts on this subject:)

The two both did have the quick push to the titles but when Brock had his push it was when there weren't three titles, so when it meant more to be champion. I'm not sure if you can really compare the taking of the ECW championship to Brock taking the Undisputed title as in essence it can be argued that the ECW title is just a glorified US or IC belt. In that respect he is just like someone like Carlito who came in and took the US title so quickly (although I am sure this could be counter argued). As for the looks, Lesnar was much bigger and more vicious looking IMO. Swagger has the whole cocky all-American attitude whilst Lesnar was the beast that came out of the crowd and destroyed whoever whenever.

On the other hand I personally see Swagger maybe not as the "next big thing" per-se but certainly one of the next big things since his move from ECW. He has the amateur wrestling style which is not that common in WWE anymore and, if the match he had with Cena which made him look like a million dollars is anything to go by, he has very bright things in the future - although I see him going for the mid card titles in the near future tbh, unlike Lesnar who went straight to the top!

This is exactly what I thought when I first saw him debut, and right now it looks as if he really is the "next big thing". He definitely is a future world champion, and should be within a few short years. He is a great wrestler, and is solid on the mic. His mic work should continue to improve, and if it does, he will be a force in this industry.

In my opinion, he will be better than Brock was, both in achievements and overall ability. He really is something special.

For a long time now,every time I see Jack Swagger,i automatically think of Brock lesner.The way Jack looks and wrestlers,it just reminds me so much of Brock.there both Huge and built,they both have amatur wrestling backgrounds,both have killer finishers,both won titles in just months into there debuts,and both have impressed so many people in a short amount of time since there debuts

so my question is,do you think jack swagger is the next brock lesner,have you ever brought these 2 wrestlers together in your mind,ahve you ever though jack swagger is the next big thing?

ps,please don't bash this thread,i just want to hear peoples thoughts on this subject:)

Well, there are certainly similarities. Though I will say this, Brock Lesnar's title win is sorta kinda more important than Swagger's ECW win. Give Swagger a WWE title win soon, and I'll give you Swagger = Lesnar. But not before.

Really though. Swagger is doing is thing. He busted up ECW, and pulled off his whole "I have respect for you, so I'm not going to wrestle you" thing on Raw the other night. It really means something when someone can be taken as a threat with that lisp of his. Seriously. When was the last time you heard a lisp and thought "Oh shit. Ima get my ass beat." Swagger somehow has that step to him. That air to him.

Ok...so I danced around saying "Swagger has that swagger to him." But it stands. Swagger has something to him. Whether or not he's a second Brock Lesnar, leave that to how he survives on Raw.

The thing is what made Brock so great was the direction of Paul Heyman he was the last debut to have a strong manager behind him and that isn't what jack has. If you go back and look at some of the biggest names they came in with a mouthpiece, undertaker and kane both had Paul Bearer, Michaels when he went to singles had Sherri, but now managers aren't around and Jack's mic skills really aren't that great. In ring wise he has all the talent but if he had a Paul Heyman to back him it could shoot him up the ranks a lot quicker then a mid card feud with someone like mvp or kofi would

Swagger will be a major star in the near future. I do think he will be bigger than Lesnar because he already did all he can do on ECW and he had a pretty solid reign as ECW champ. He has tremendous wrestling talent, and his mic skills are pretty solid. Brock Lesnar had some major feuds with Undertaker, The Rock, Eddie Gurerro, and even Big Show. When Lesnar won the WWE undisputed championship from the Rock at summerslam, that was a great moment. I think that's what Swagger needs is a moment like that. Maybe a win over HBK when he returns?

To an extent but I'd have to say more no than yes. Lesnar was a silent killing machine. Swagger has had many promos of his own an dwhile both are technical power guys, they're also not being pushed on the same level. Lesnar was world champion within 6 months. Swagger has gotten a solid push, but he's more Lesnar light than the next Lesnar.

lot of similarities..but dude if thats how you feel, thats you. i wouldn't listen to anyone bashing your thoughts. he is alot alike him. imo brock does look more..viscous

there will always be someone who reminds you of others..to me,and alot of others, morrison is like hbk. to you, swagger is like lesnar. not everyone will agree, some will some won't. its all how you look at it. i think maybe the amatuer background is similar and how fast they rose up..

so yes, i kinda agree..

PS-
(I'm not giving ricky ortiz advice)
lol

To an extent there alike but otherwise there not. Swagger is a bit too happy go lucky. Lesnar was all serious and ferocious! But they do have some similarities just like Saritafan dude guy pointed out.

The similaraties are there but the thing is Swagger is good in his own ways and will be great in his own ways. lets be real Lesnar was a once in a generation kind of guy he is a genetic freak the powers at be HAD to put the title on him it's not often a man lives up to his moniker but Lesnar was indeed "the next big thing"

No. The two aren't even close to comparable. Let's just look at their Wrestlemania debuts:

Lesnar: Debuted in the main-event and won the WWE Title.

Swagger: Technically hasn't even debuted at Wrestlemania...though he was part of the For DVD only Tag Titles match as a lumberjack. They left him off of the card.

Swagger isn't even close.

There are similiarities. Due to there rapid success it's only natural that from now on when any amateur wrestler debuts in the WWE they're going to be compared to Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle depending on their size. Heck, how many seconds did it take for all of those mayors of comedy out there to come up with the "Black Lesnar" name for Lashley?

I believe the WWE is slowly starting to learn their lesson when it comes to these big guys. They've now had two in a row that were given so much success so fast that they decided to make the jump to MMA. I'm not saying that would ever happen with Swagger but I do believe that the WWE is going to hold back on his success. Over the course of the next year I expect him to remain closer to the U.S. title than the WWE title.

The majory difference between guys like Swagger and Lesnar is that Swagger is slowly developing a full character before he gets to the main event. Lesnar was just thrown into the deep end from word go. He spent some time in OVW but once he made it to the WWE he was immediately at the top of the pecking order. Lesnar was never really made humble by going up the ranks. Swagger is going to have some growing pains instead of just being handed the brass ring. The last thing the WWE wants to do is enstill a mindset into their new top guy that he's the best there is and doesn't really have to work for anything.

That's not a knock on Lesnar's talent. He was great. But it just came so naturally to him and he was given so much that he never really seemed to learn the value of hard work.

I don't see why everyone is in love with Swagger. He had one decent match with Christian on ECW a few months ago, but other than that, what has he really done that has been great?

The only possible similarity to Lesnar is the amateur background i guess, but that's it. Lesnar was incredibly talented in the ring, but I haven't seen anything more than mediocre ability out of Swagger. Maybe if Swagger had a unique moveset then he would seem better, but I just don't see it

I don't believe Swagger will come close to what Lesnar did. WWE jumped the gun on plenty superstars trying to create the next Brock and I don't believe they are doing it with Swagger. He is on a nice steady pace and he will get his chance to be champion so there's no need in rushing him.

I actually never thought that Jack Swagger and Brock Lesnar were very comparable, but now that you mention it... I can see your point. Though, I'd say it's very vague. Brock Lesnar came to the WWE at a whole different time and immediately made an impact. Swagger's first match was against a jobber, but he also made an impact. Both of them won a major title four months after their debut and remained a force after losing their title.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Jack Swagger is the next Brock Lesnar, but yeah, I can see some similarities. If people continue to make that comparison, which most likely, more people will, then it should be Swagger's goal to be better than Lesnar and show that he is ''The Better Big Thing''.

I can see the likeness between Lesnar and Jack. The only difference is Lesnar was a mammoth and just tore through everyone. I dont think Jack has that same ability especially without the likes of a manager to make up for his lack on the stick. Plus you have to consider when Lesner was there it was still the twilight of the "Attitude" era, he had the advantage of working with The Rock, Foley, Triple H among others. Although Triple H is still there you gotta ask yourself who would Jack have to work with to put on a good match. I see the similarities but at the same time Jack will never compare to Lesnar because Brock just had a better roster to work with. Thats just my opinion I could be wrong.........

they'res a little similarity between Swagger and Lesnar but other than the fact they're built similar and that they were rushed to to the championship, I can't see any other similarites. When Lesnar debuted, he was pushed immediatly to the main event following his short feud with the Hardy Boyz. Swagger on the other hand, is a main event guy in the future no doubt about, but he is still developing into a main eventer.

I think Swagger has a lot of potential but he'll never achieve the same level of dominance as Lesnar did. Part of what made it so monumental for Lesnar was a couple of things.

1. The guy got the push of pushes from the get go. Within three months of his WWF tv debut, he won the WWF Championship.
2. The guy was a tremendous physical speciman. While he had a great look to him, Vince is a total bodybuilding mark, he had a great deal of overall athleticism and legitimate wrestling capability to go with the look. He wasn't just some musclebound meat sack and while his look got him noticed, his in-ring ability made WWF fans accept him quickly.

Lesnar was pushed quickly, some might say too quickly. It's true Lesnar hadn't paid his dues and, maybe because of that, just didn't have the physical or mental stamina to endure the life of a high profile professional wrestler. Because of Lesnar, Vince will never push a young guy so hard and so quickly again no matter how good he looks or what he brings to the product.

I think Swagger will be good, I think he has a bright future ahead of him, but he'll never dominate like Lesnar did. Lesnar was in the WWE for roughly 2 years and in those two years, established a legacy. Nobody ultimately did as much and made as much of a lasting impression in such a short time as Brock Lesnar.

I don't think so since swagger was getting slowly built up. ECW to start to a fued with MVP, non title on raw. He is not in line for a title shot since he has others ahead of him. He will be in 5 to 6 years but not now hes a great tallent though

I think that Jack Swagger is nothing close to the next Brock Lesnar. Lesnar was built like a frieght train and solid as stone. He had somewhat a big mouth but he could acctually back it up. unlike Swagger, he's all talk but no show. sure he got two pinfalls at the bash in the scramble match. But he never won the match. This guy has had many opportunities to win the title. He just can't do it. He beat Christian what, uh once? when Lesnar got title shots he toke advantage of it and won titles. Lesnar was taking on guys like the big show and john cena, while Swagger can't even beat Tommy Dreamer!

Lesnar would destory Swagger no dout.

Why does he need to be the "Next Brock Lesnar"?

Why can’t he be the current and Future Jack Swagger?

Why does he or and other superstar need to be compared to other wrestlers?

Why can’t they make a name for themselves?

Why can’t they be able to grow without someone else’s shadow overcastting them?

I think Swagger is going to be standout star on his own, without following in the path of anyone else. The kids got talent in the ring and on the mic. I can’t wait to see how he grows into his own character over the next few years.

Lesnar was a onetime deal; there will never be another person in Pro-Wrestling that will compare to him, EVER.

So No I don’t think Swagger is going to be the Next Brock Lesnar, I think Swagger is going to be Swagtastic on his own. Although he may not get to the level that Lesnar did, Swagger will be a big player in the WWE.

I think that Jack Swagger is nothing close to the next Brock Lesnar. Lesnar was built like a frieght train and solid as stone. He had somewhat a big mouth but he could acctually back it up. unlike Swagger, he's all talk but no show. sure he got two pinfalls at the bash in the scramble match. But he never won the match. This guy has had many opportunities to win the title. He just can't do it. He beat Christian what, uh once? when Lesnar got title shots he toke advantage of it and won titles. Lesnar was taking on guys like the big show and john cena, while Swagger can't even beat Tommy Dreamer!

Lesnar would destory Swagger no dout.

Swagger has beaten christian like 6 times now,just correcting you

While yes there are some things that make the two similar. I look at swagger and see a Kurt angle attitude on him. IMO He is just as cocky as kurt was he has an amuture wrestling back ground. Though he is a little bigger than kurt was his character screems kurt.

Killer beat me to it. I definitely see more of a Kurt Angle than Brock. He has a mix of power and showmanship that makes any of his matches watchable at the very least. He has shown hints of technical prowess which I would like to see more of. He doesn't have the mic skills of Angle yet, but he has all the time in the world to develop them as he grows. I think it's a bit unfair to compare him to a beast like Brock Lesnar, but I'm willing to bet that in the end, Swagger's impact on the business will be a lot more significant than Lesnar's.

Swagger does have some similarities to Lesnar being that they are both big, blonde, and have tremendous amateur backgrounds. Aside from that, I really don't see an more similarities. Swagger is more of a talker than Lesnar ever was. Even with the lisp (which I still think is endearing), he cuts good promos and appears to have alot of confidence in his abilities in the mic. Lesnar was more or less booked as a monster where as Swagger has been given more of a personality and he has done a pretty good job developing it thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back