Kurt Angle Arrested ...Again

If TNA is truly working with Angle to get him help, it's about darn time.

Angle, if some recall, left WWE in 2006 because WWE wanted him to go to rehab for substance abuse issues, specifically, an addiction to painkillers. Angle and WWE couldn't come to an agreement, and the two sides decided to part company. As big of a star as Angle was, and as much of a linchpin he was supposed to be for the WWECW brand, WWE made the right call. The 'rehab or you're gone' line-in-the-sand is the same one TNA should have taken with him a long time ago.

I think Vince said "Fix it on the road". There wasn't talk of rehab they wanted him to just kick it while still performing week in week out. Ye thats not gonna help is it? Angle basically said he was burnt out and had a substance addiction and he was hurt how lightly they treated it.

Here's the thing, Kurt for the longest time (as far I have read and heard) was a straight down the line guy. Very upstanding and as Hayes would call "Apple pie blue eye kid". Wrestling was to him like music is to breakout musicians. Here is a world with adulation, spiked with addiction. But these are personal choices. People get into pills and shit but the thing is those who really love what they do, see how it is detrimental for them and their craft. To their families and friends too.

I could say atleast he's just drinking but ye he could've easily run over somebody UI. So ye, sort your shit Kurt. Hire a fucking driver you twat!

I think Vince said "Fix it on the road". There wasn't talk of rehab they wanted him to just kick it while still performing week in week out. Ye thats not gonna help is it? Angle basically said he was burnt out and had a substance addiction and he was hurt how lightly they treated it.

It's more likely that Kurt said that Vince said, "fix it on the road." While we can never know what was said, we can see that under the Wellness Policy WWE has done a tremendous job identifying and either helping or eliminating substance abusers. Umaga was given an ultimatum to either go to rehab or get fired, he chose the latter, and now he's dead. Lance Cade's substance abuse led to his departure; now he's dead as well. In direct contrast, Joey Mercury was brought back when he got his shit together, and now he's comfortably employed. Kurt always plays the victim. I highly doubt Vince told him to "fix it on the road."

Ye it could be. Angle did say the reason why Vince wouldn't send him to rehab is because he needed Kurt to put over Cena some more. This was 2006, Cena was in his first year as THE guy, so it does make sense.

It's kinda amusing how some people come out and say he needs to be punished by TNA. I honestly wonder why. The law is already doing it. Not even WWE has rules for drunk driving. They get one every 6 months and the least they do is make a rib about it. Yes, I know drunk driving can lead to very serious consequences and is wrong. But don't talk like you wouldn't do it. The most celebrated wrestler of all times happened to have "drunk" as his gimmick. If you're just buzzed, you'll drive because you don't feel drunk. If you are drunk, you won't admit it and do it anyway. I've been there, I've been seeing it since I was a kid.

Dixie probably slaps him. Management probably cut his check. The locker room probably laughs at him for having James Storm and Stone Cold on speed dial and still not figuring out how to get around cops.

Like I said, I know the consequences, but for one this is far more common behavior than most people are willing to admit and secondly there's only one person in years to be suspended for DUI and that's because the idiot tried to bribe the cop. It was one of the Funkawhatchamacallits.

The man won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck. Cut him some slack.

Nah, drink drivers are scum.

For a man who seems pretty intent on retiring in the WWE and having a circle-jerk final run in a clean cut company, he seems to be going the wrong way about it.

I mean, everyone knows Kurt Angle is fucked up, alcoholic and pilled beyond his mind, but seeing actual evidence of it is just depressing.

This being said, WWE is definitely going to pick him up, sober him up enough to squeeze a Daniel Bryan/Cm Punk/Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger series out of him before inducting him, so hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

No Intelligence, No Integrity, Shitloads of Drug-fueled Intensity.

Also,

It's kinda amusing how some people come out and say he needs to be punished by TNA. I honestly wonder why. The law is already doing it. Not even WWE has rules for drunk driving. They get one every 6 months and the least they do is make a rib about it. Yes, I know drunk driving can lead to very serious consequences and is wrong. But don't talk like you wouldn't do it. The most celebrated wrestler of all times happened to have "drunk" as his gimmick. If you're just buzzed, you'll drive because you don't feel drunk. If you are drunk, you won't admit it and do it anyway. I've been there, I've been seeing it since I was a kid.

What the fuck, who let this guy be a mod?

Are you actually defending a drink driver? Yes, Stone Cold's gimmick was that he drank beer. Undertaker's gimmick was that he kidnapped his bosses daughter and tried to crucify her. Stone Cold didn't get DUI's in real life and Mark Calloway to my knowledge has still not sacrificed tasty young virgin flesh.

Just because it might be engrained in your culture to "drive buzzed" doesn't make it any less reprehensible. If TNA don't punish him, they're pretty much saying it's all okay under our roof until you kill someone.

Not to bash TNA, WWE should also be punishing Swagger and the Usos for the same thing.

But really...?

But don't talk like you wouldn't do it.

How morally presumptuous of you. I know this is a pro-wrestling forum, but some of us aren't ******ed and value human life.

Also,

What the fuck, who let this guy be a mod?
Sly and KB.

Are you actually defending a drink driver? Yes, Stone Cold's gimmick was that he drank beer. Undertaker's gimmick was that he kidnapped his bosses daughter and tried to crucify her. Stone Cold didn't get DUI's in real life and Mark Calloway to my knowledge has still not sacrificed tasty young virgin flesh.

Just because it might be engrained in your culture to "drive buzzed" doesn't make it any less reprehensible. If TNA don't punish him, they're pretty much saying it's all okay under our roof until you kill someone.

Not to bash TNA, WWE should also be punishing Swagger and the Usos for the same thing.

But really...?

How morally presumptuous of you. I know this is a pro-wrestling forum, but some of us aren't ******ed and value human life.

You think I'm trying to make Kurt look like he's not guilty of something? I'm saying that he's getting his just desserts. But people still insist TNA needs to do more because. When push comes to shove we've seen both WWE and TNA take the necessary action. It's been done with both Hardy brothers and several others who have seemed to be getting way out of line. Did I sound like I don't care about life? Well sorry, but I'm just going by fact.

Ye it could be. Angle did say the reason why Vince wouldn't send him to rehab is because he needed Kurt to put over Cena some more. This was 2006, Cena was in his first year as THE guy, so it does make sense.

Kurt was working on the ECW Brand; he wouldn't have been putting over Cena.

Here's a Kurt Angle interview for you Ghost:

@RealKurtAngle said:
I am blessed to have the support of my family, my friends and my company. In light of recent events I will immediately be entering a rehabilitation center. I realize that this is a pivotal time in my life and I ask for your understanding as well as your prayers and continued support. I am confident that in taking these steps I can begin to address necessary changes in my life.

Better late than never, I suppose. Hopefully he's doing this to better himself and not because a lawyer suggested it.

At the end of the day he's "A CELEBRITY" *cough* *splut*

If this were the average joe on the street, he'ed have been convicted as a drunk driver, banned from driving & depending on the circumstances maybe locked up, BUT NO!!!!!

A SLAP ON THE WRIST & A FINE!!!!!

Look at Kurt for a minute, the man is constantly wrestling injured, wont take time off away from TNA to try rest & heal, he wrestles injured simply because he cannot afford to take time off as TNA's wages are a fraction of what he got when he was with WWE.

If Kurt were still with WWE, he would be able to take the time off & still get paid for doing it & be comfortable.

TNA wont do fuck all until its too late, but I will say somat for Jeff Hardy, he went away & faced his demons & has come back with a clear concious & he maybe should take Kurt to one side and tell Kurt to do what he did.

At the end of the day (have I said that before) if Kurt wants to keep doing whats he's doing, let him.

Then whens he's in a wheelchair parapelegic (spelling, sorry), he'el realise WTF am I doing, why didnt I get help before, then it'll be too late.

No, I'm quite sure. It was a painkiller addiction at the time, and Angle had once kicked a "twelve painkiller a morning" habit just to get out of bed, so he believed he could do it again. For all of Vince's flaws, if a wrestler has needed time to get help or go to rehab, Vince has either insisted or assisted, based on the wrestler's desire to get help.

I know what you're referring to when he said he was frustrated with WWE, it was part of an interview he gave when he went to TNA. He was discussing around 2004, and how he wanted time off to heal from nagging injuries, and was acquiesced, for a week. Then Heidenreich quit the company(or was fired), and Johnny Ace told him he wanted him back on the road to fill the void, which is when he said he started using painkillers again.

Nah, this isn't what happened. Cena was feuding with the likes of Edge and HHH at the time, and Angle had just moved to the ECW brand and was feuding with Randy Orton. And it was Cena's second year as the top guy, as he won the WWE Title in 2005 at WM21, and then defended it at WM22 against HHH. Angle had moved to Smackdown and won the World Title after Batista was injured in very early 2006, so he and Cena weren't even on the same show at the time.

Regardless, I hope he turns things around, both for himself, his wife, and his kids, especially his two young girls. It would be nice for him to be around to raise his kids.

Yeah, but did he do it with a broken freakin' neck?

Kurt needs help, he knows it and so does TNA. This isnt the first time and maybe wont be the last. Hopefully something will click for him and he stops before someone gets hurt. If Kurt or any other guy thinks this constant behavior will turn out good- they might want to watch some Scott Hall footage.

Then they should go talk to him and see how its possible to turn it around. Unfortunately you cannot force it, the person has to want to change. Its sad to think we may lose one of the best to something like this eventually- but it is reality.

If you can afford the booze, you can afford a cab, plain and simple. I doubt Angle will be released due to him being a huge star, but there has to be some kind of punishment and hopefully it's more than a fine or a slap on the wrist.

That's... not how it works, but I understand the sentiment. And in Angle's case, he has absolutely no excuse. No good one, at least. This could be remotely understandable from a rookie who just shot up to the top and let it go to his head but for a veteran like Kurt...

A fine or a slap on the wrist or any sort of discipline is not likely to change him though... A life-changing event, or at least one hell of a scare, will be needed to open Angle's eyes. Until then, he'll just propably do what he does and be who he is. Here's just hoping nobody pays the price for his idiocy.

That's... not how it works, but I understand the sentiment. And in Angle's case, he has absolutely no excuse. No good one, at least. This could be remotely understandable from a rookie who just shot up to the top and let it go to his head but for a veteran like Kurt...

A fine or a slap on the wrist or any sort of discipline is not likely to change him though... A life-changing event, or at least one hell of a scare, will be needed to open Angle's eyes. Until then, he'll just propably do what he does and be who he is. Here's just hoping nobody pays the price for his idiocy.

That's exactly how it works, or at least it's how it should work. If he is a big enough guy to go out and enjoy himself at a bar, he should be also sensible enough to find alternative means of getting home. Every single one of us who goes to a bar on occasion to indulge in a few sociables, or goes to a house party or whatever, has to do it, so why doesn't he? I'd love to not have to incur the cost of cab fare after a night out, but I am obliged to suck it up and do so rather than even consider the alternatives. Then again, I don't have the colossal ego or the arrogant sense of entitlement that Kurt Angle has, nor do I have the established history of being able to break the law repeatedly and get away with it virtually scot free.

That's exactly how it works, or at least it's how it should work.

In Angle's specific case, yes, that's how it should be, hence me saying he has no excuse. What I was referring to was that having money for booze automatically equals having money for a cab as though it were an indisputable law of nature is not how things work. Again, in Angle's case, he just proved to be a neglectful, irresponsible individual once again.

You show common sense when you go out for a few drinks, good for you and everybody around you. Kurt Angle did not. "Don't drink and drive." may sound old and stuck up to some but obviously it can never be said enough...

In Angle's specific case, yes, that's how it should be, hence me saying he has no excuse. What I was referring to was that having money for booze automatically equals having money for a cab as though it were an indisputable law of nature is not how things work. Again, in Angle's case, he just proved to be a neglectful, irresponsible individual once again.

You show common sense when you go out for a few drinks, good for you and everybody around you. Kurt Angle did not. "Don't drink and drive." may sound old and stuck up to some but obviously it can never be said enough...

I stand by my original assertion. Having money for booze absolutely equals having money for a cab, unless you're too irresponsible to treat your finances in this manner, or too arrogant to feel like you have to as is the case with Kurt Angle. It should be a categorical, automatic law of nature and if it isn't, you deserve to be punished for not treating it as such.

In Angle's case, he absolutely has more than enough money to be able to travel in style while under the influence, but with someone else sitting behind the wheel. He's just too arrogant or self centered to feel like he himself needs to. I'm not convinced the dude has a "drinking problem" per se, but rather, as you said, he's simply being a neglectful, irresponsible person yet again. And personally, I hope he gets the book thrown at him and hard. Except of course, he won't. And in all likelihood, we'll be having this discussion again in six months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back