Kurt Angle Arrested For DWI

Yes, because YOU have personal knowledge of the situation, right???:rolleyes:

Listen, none of us know what happened, but like anyone else arrested in this country, the presumption of innocence is a right... So maybe you should just quit while you're behind, pal..:wacko:

Well it just came out that he was INDEED above the legal limit as according to the Virginia State police as he had a blood alcohol limit of 0.091. These were documents from the VIRGINIA STATE POLICE not documents from TMZ, some celebrity news website. Sorry but I'm gonna believe the state police (who were actually there) over TMZ.

heres the website for ya: http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2011/09/wrestlers-initial-bac-result-was-0091-percent.php

But yeah, I'm so wrong on this, just like I was wrong about Matt and Jeff Hardy ..... wait a minute.

I love how this thread no longer has anything to do with discussing Kurt Angle, but has turned into a pissing war between a few people about who's "right". It's covered up with a thin layer of "well if they didn't say such things I wouldn't have to react", but it's still pretty blatant.

What we have here is a murky situation. I don't think anyone here has hit it spot on, because the two camps have decided to go to extremes. One side is presenting Kurt as the good, all-American hero, being persecuted for no reason by the police, who might have indulged in just a tiny sip of liquor, and since we don't know anything for CERTAIN, we have to assume that Kurt Angle is perfectly innocent.

For what it's worth, to the amateur lawyers in here, "innocent until proven guilty" is a standard that is used by the criminal court system in the United States. It is not a guideline to how the American public is supposed to act. The purpose of the criminal court system isn't to absolutely determine the truth of an incident; the purpose is to avoid punishing innocent people, to the extent that you let guilty ones go free if you cannot be absolutely certain of their guilt.

The other camp is painting Kurt Angle as Matt Hardy (and am I ever getting sick of the phrase "the next Scott Hall"); some derelict drunk whom the company would be better off without because of the problems he causes.

People are so eager to see the situation for "their" side that they've given up on any objective examination of the incident. First, and again to the amateur laywers in here, 0.08 BAC is not an absolute threshold that determines if or if not you were driving impaired. In most states, driving above 0.08 BAC is considered evidence of driving impaired, but it is not the only evidence accepted. The officers are given discretion in determining if someone is operating impaired, and have the opportunity to present their case to that effect in court. The 0.09/0.06 discussion is completely irrelevant to his guilt or innocence, but apparently everyone here who's never known anyone going through the DUI process happens to be an expert in the law.

SO then folks, have fun with your little dick waving competition about who's 'right'. It'll come down to if they have him on tape failing a drunk test. If they don't, he'll get off. If they do, he'll probably plea down to avoid a trial and the subsequent media exposure; the LAST thing TNA/IW wants to have happen is a drunk-driving trial involving their world champion.

he may not have thought he was drunk, but he LEGALLY was.

since he blew a .9, not far off from the legal, .8, he may have only had 1-2 drinks, thought he was fine, got pulled over for something other than a DUI-related incident like swerving or going through a stop sign and got busted. hell, he may have been pulled over for speeding.

2 regular sized cans of beer can you make you LEGALLY drunk nowadays. LEGALLY being the key word. and someone LEGALLY drunk can appear sober.

doesn't matter what happened. if it's documented he blew a .9, no use fighting it.

I guess if he was 0.9, then legally speaking, he failed the test. I hope for two things

a) Kurt Angle can bounce back from this incident and clear up his problems or issues, if he has any.

b) TNA starts looking out for their talents more. I know it's not their business here, but there's a clear problem when 3 wrestlers have public issues. I think it signals that TNA does not run a tight ship. I think jeff, matt and angle all had known issues prior to signing for TNA/leaving WWE, maybe the company should think about the policy of signing certain talents.

Now, let's see how many people actually find a way to run around a "I was wrong" and want Kurt suspended still.

Who was wrong? Kurt Angle failed the breathalyzer, he was arrested for his SECOND DUI, and he was already on probation for his first. Anyone who wants Angle suspended, or at least some bloody punishment from TNA, has a very valid point. TNA loses all credibility if they don't do a thing, treating different wrestlers differently based off their importance to the company. They've already lost credibility for having druggies, drunks, and criminals on their roster and doing nothing about it.

Jeff Hardy is a drug addict and he's been arrested and is currently in legal woes because of it all. He showed up on a TNA PPV out of his mind, unable to work, and what did TNA do ? What has TNA done since Jeff Hardy refused to go to any kind of rehab and DEAL with his problems? You know what they've done? They've repackaged him, are bringing him back, and likely giving him a great PUSH. Way to go TNA! That's showing 'em!

Again, there was never a confirmation that he was drunk officially and the truth comes out now. Just like how Heath Slater is wrestling and walking around while a rape assault charge is against him that isn't even proven to be true, I don't see anyone wanting him fired or suspended. So, why all of a sudden Kurt should be? Innocent before proven guilty.

There IS proof now. He was on probation and failed AGAIN. There's no evidence, nor is there any facts, that show these rumors about Heath Slater to be true. There is evidence, there are facts, and these aren't rumors about Kurt Angle. TNA's World champion, the face of their company, has just gotten his second DUI, broke his probation, and endangered people by driving drunk.

Matt Hardy was obviously drunk that he crashed into a tree. There is no getting around that on top of the fact he was suspended by TNA which is why he was fired.

Oh great, they should've waited until Angle crashed into a tree! Or until he crashed into another vehicle and killed a family. THEN and only then should Angle be guilty and should TNA fire him. Great fucking logic.

Again, Desmond Wolfe & Magnus were suspended for violating the wellness poilcy which is why they never got their title shot against the Motor City Machine Guns which eventually led to Wolfe finding out he was carrying the Hep virus.

Please show your sources on this. Thanks.

The nonsense TNA does not have a policy or suspended people is ridiculous when they have done it. The difference is, they hardly have anybody to suspended and when they do it, happens at unfortunate times.

Bullshit. How blind of a sheep are you?

Kurt Angle got arrested for Drinking While Investing? Anyway he wasn't even drunk so at least there's no worries that TNA might have had to suspend him, because I would've hated for that to happen. Hopefully Angle can sort any personal problems he may have as he's still the best wrestler in the World. And at the end of the day I'm interested in Kurt Angle, the wrestler, so I hope he can continue to be as good as he is and not put his career at risk. Obviously I wouldn't want him to put his life at risk either but as a wrestling fan I'm more concerned about him missing air time than anything else.

If you haven't read the response from angles attorney, go to the home page, he prob will get off of this seeing as how the first breathalyzer isn't admissible in Virginia courts.

As a law enforcement officer, I'll chime in here.

Kurt's lawyer is doing the typical defense attorney "smoke and mirrors" and spinning of facts to make his client look not guilty.

The roadside breathalyzer is very, very accurate, but the readings are not admissible in court. An officer can testify that the reading was positive for alcohol, but they can't say it was .091. As far as drinking a few minutes earlier and that possibly skewing the results, no way. It wouldn't happen 5 minutes after your last drink. But stop and think about this. Angle was observed driving badly. Then he was pulled over. How long does it take for the cop, after stopping you, to get up to your door and ask for your license? How long does he talk to you? Then how long did it take the cop to run Angle's info? Then how long did it take Kurt to do the field sobriety evaluations that he reportedly failed miserably? It's almost always AFTER those evaluations that a cop asks you to blow into the breathalyzer. I'm willing to bet anything that Kurt's last drink was over a half hour BEFORE he took his first breathalyzer.

His second breathalyzer, which was almost certainly done at a police station or the jail, would have been even longer. After the first breathalyzer failure, the cop has to put cuffs on him, search him for drugs and weapons, do a quick inventory of his car, call a tow truck to get the car impounded, or call a friend of Kurt's to come pick it up. All of this stuff takes TIME. Then he has to drive all the way to the next breathalyzer location. Do you know what's going on during all of that time? Kurt is sobering up! The average person drops about .02 per hour since their last drink. Kurt probably has a better, faster metabolism than most, but let's stick with .02. The first breathalyzer was .09, the second was .06. He dropped .03. Not unheard of, and actually pretty normal.

He could still be found guilty even though when he got to jail he was under the legal limit. If the state can show how much time passed between the time he was pulled over and the time he blew the second time, they can show what his blood alcohol would have been at the time of the stop. Plus, a lot of states allow you to be found guilty of something called "Dui less safe" if they can show you had alcohol in your system, but were below the legal limit, but you were still driving less safe because of the alcohol. If they have dash cam footage of him all over the road, failing the field sobriety tests miserably, and a b.a.c. of .06, he could still easily be found guilty.

Finally, the state WILL be allowed to bring up his prior DUI. It's called a "similar transaction." It shows a pattern of behavior, a "modus operandi" if you will.

Bottom line, Kurt was wrong, his defense attorney is spinning things because that's what he's paid to do!

If you haven't read the response from angles attorney, go to the home page, he prob will get off of this seeing as how the first breathalyzer isn't admissible in Virginia courts.

They aren't admissible in any state. See my post above. Kurt was driving drunk. Stop drinking the defense attorney's Kool-Aid. Kurt wasn't randomly pulled over. They didn't target him because he's somewhat famous. He was driving like an idiot. That's what got the cops involved. Then he failed field sobriety tests and blew a .09 on a device that is accurate, but not admissible in court. Later, after he was given a chance to sober up, he took a second test. That's way 99% of DUI arrests go down. The fact that his BAC dropped .03 points tells me he stopped drinking at least 30 minutes before he got into his car. If he had chugged something right before he started driving, his BAC would have stayed the same, or gone up.

I never once said he wasn't drunk, I was simply saying he would prob get off, I DO think he was fucked up. I would prob be willing to bet my house on it, I was just pointing out it wasn't admissible, as far as not being admissible in any state, bullshit! I have plenty of friends, from working at a bar, that would say otherwise after leaving drunk from said bar, and got pulled over. Idk where you're from, but they can def use them in MO.

Also, he is a someone famous, let's not act like the justice system in this country doesn't look at that when ruling. I mean all one has to do is look at the sentence jeff hardy just got!!!

CM Punks WWE magazine cover debut..also happens to be this guys..@Rickymodelpro follow on twitter...(guys that CMpunk is stepping on, on the cover)

I never once said he wasn't drunk, I was simply saying he would prob get off, I DO think he was fucked up. I would prob be willing to bet my house on it, I was just pointing out it wasn't admissible, as far as not being admissible in any state, bullshit! I have plenty of friends, from working at a bar, that would say otherwise after leaving drunk from said bar, and got pulled over. Idk where you're from, but they can def use them in MO.

Also, he is a someone famous, let's not act like the justice system in this country doesn't look at that when ruling. I mean all one has to do is look at the sentence jeff hardy just got!!!

Oh, so you have friends who work in bars, so you are an EXPERT in DUI laws and case law??!!

Notice how you posted "in MO" at the end of your first paragraph. Very good! That means it is your OPINION, which is very much wrong!

You can go to jail for what you blow on a roadside breathalyzer, but I know of no state where the readings are admissible in court, other than "they were positive for alcohol." People have been found guilty of DUI for refusing to blow into a breathalyzer at all. The BAC limit nationwide is at least .08. But if the cops have video to show you're hammered and driving like an idiot, breathalyzer or not, an intelligent jury will find you guilty. Everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows what a drunk person looks like and acts like. Watch the footage. Is that guy drunk? Yes? Then he's guilty!

And don't get me started on Jeff Hardy. I argued online vehemently on this forum against him years ago when he got busted. I assured everyone he was guilty as sin, having worked numerous similar cases in my day. But I was met with people who argued against me that it was a weak case because "he got bond, and you don't get bond in a good case." Yeah, um, about 90% of murder suspects get bond. Just because you got bond a drug case doesn't mean it's a weak case or you're innocent. Clearly, I was right since white trash Hardy pleaded guilty in the end, just like I said would happen! Check my old posts, you'll see!

No, mr law degree phd I'm an arrogant prick but think In MO stands for in my opinion when it means in MIssouri as in the state jackass! For being this expert lawyer or whatever u claim it's really sad you don't know simple state abbreviations.....
Furthermore you moron I was saying people I met from ME working at the bar that got pulled over and charged, I know what happened to them in court, you know that place you are such an expert at.... If one of your closest friends/family members gets a ticket and you pay for their lawyer and go to their court cases because their father just died and they needed someone with them, I think you can see what has or hasn't been used in court. How are you gonna tell me that something in MO is admissible in court or not when I've seen it first hand! Oh and that in MO was once again for the state not IMO, dumbass!!!
And really I already classified you earlier, you're the type that will bash him for a disease he has, you fortunately aren't an addict so you have never experienced this disease, good for you, you should wise up to the disease known as addiction and be very grateful you don't have it. I for one will always support jeff hardy, not because I'm a huge fan, but because I know what he's living with. You wouldn't bash someone with a different type of disease be it cancer, mental problems, whatever, it's the same thing, and by you not being able to realize that, to people who are addicts or work in that study would look at you as a moron.

No, mr law degree phd I'm an arrogant prick but think In MO stands for in my opinion when it means in MIssouri as in the state jackass! For being this expert lawyer or whatever u claim it's really sad you don't know simple state abbreviations.....
Furthermore you moron I was saying people I met from ME working at the bar that got pulled over and charged, I know what happened to them in court, you know that place you are such an expert at.... If one of your closest friends/family members gets a ticket and you pay for their lawyer and go to their court cases because their father just died and they needed someone with them, I think you can see what has or hasn't been used in court. How are you gonna tell me that something in MO is admissible in court or not when I've seen it first hand! Oh and that in MO was once again for the state not IMO, dumbass!!!
And really I already classified you earlier, you're the type that will bash him for a disease he has, you fortunately aren't an addict so you have never experienced this disease, good for you, you should wise up to the disease known as addiction and be very grateful you don't have it. I for one will always support jeff hardy, not because I'm a huge fan, but because I know what he's living with. You wouldn't bash someone with a different type of disease be it cancer, mental problems, whatever, it's the same thing, and by you not being able to realize that, to people who are addicts or work in that study would look at you as a moron.

Sorry I didn't know you were abbreviating your state and not "my opinion." Either way, you're still wrong. Maybe YOU just misread what I said.

The road side test is a preliminary breathalyzer. The only thing that can be said at trial about the results is that they were positive for alcohol. The number used in court comes from an evidentiary breathalyzer, which is much bigger, more expensive, and accurate.

http://www.myduiattorney.org/dui-tests/how-accurate-are-pbt-preliminary-breath-tests.html

Please show me a source that says the results can be used in Missouri or any other state.

Well when you're in a town if less than 900 people, and they don't have the other machine, what results do you think they are using? That's right the preliminary breathalyzer, I don't need to look up sources, u can use google just as easy as me, not to mention once again, I'VE SEEN tHIS HAPPEN, I wasthere, I witnessed it, what is so hard to understand there? Now when it comes to larger cities, idk how MO works, but the podunct redneck hick town I grew up in USES said results, that's all they've got to go off of, we had one cop until my last year there they got a second part time officer.

You may live in podunkville, but the standards of evidence are the same whether you're in a big city or a small town. The prosecution doesn't get to use less reliable tests simply because the town has a population less than 1200. Using your logic, in a big city, DNA tests accurate to .001% would be required to determine paternity, but in your town, the judge could just say, "Well, that baby looks like him. He IS the father!"

I am quite good at using google. I am unable to find anything to support your claim. But since you're the one making the claim, you should be the one backing it up with evidence. I could say that I saw you do deviant things with a purple dragon. But if I offer no proof, why should you believe me? Why should we believe you?

http://www.dui-usa.drinkdriving.org/alcohol_breathalysers.php

More discussion of the difference between a PRELIMINARY alcohol screening and an EVIDENTIARY alcohol screening. If your town can't afford the big fancy machine, then the cop can request a blood or urine sample. If you refuse, you can lose your license for 6 months to a year in almost every state that I know of. I think Wisconsin doesn't do that for your first DUI. But anywho, your claim that the cops could rely solely on the field test is bunk. I don't care what you think you saw happen in court.

You're talking about a town that paroles people out of county jail and sends everyone into said jail for the smallest of traffic tickets to pump money into the town, please refrain from telling me how they do things in the courthouse of the town I grew up in. It's known there alot of what they do is illegal, but it still happens, and pretty much you learn to accept it. He has wrecked into parked cars drunk, as has the prosecuting attorney, yet nothing ever happens to them, once again because it's a small town and they pretty much run it/the county. It's a town of 742 people, the judge has been the same for decades and does whatever he pleases. How could that be? Simply put, noone has ever ran against him. Once again I realize how the system is suppose to work, but in towns like the one I grew up in, and in the surrounding area, the court system is different. You don't have to believe this, i really don't care either way, thats how it goes there.

Anyways that's neither here nor there, this is getting completely off topic. I believe he will prob get off, or a simple slap on the wrists, you believe otherwise. Time will tell.

Anyways who cares? Look i'm not defending Kurt Angle, but i won't judge him neither. Was he drunk/ stone? Maybe, but thats in his own time so as long as he isn't drunk / stone in the ring (see Scott Hall and Jeff Hardy) i don't care.

Where there is smoke, there's fire. This isn't Kurt's first run-in with an addiction issue. (clearly he has an addiction issue with alchohol.) I hope for his sake, and that of others around him, that he gets help.

Where there is smoke, there's fire. This isn't Kurt's first run-in with an addiction issue. (clearly he has an addiction issue with alchohol.) I hope for his sake, and that of others around him, that he gets help.

Me too, but like i just said he was on his own time so i don't really care. Anyways, if he gets off with a warning ( highly unlikely) he should go to an AA meeting.

AC: The problem with your position is this: His actions outside the ring impact the perception of TNA by association. It does so especially when it appears that the folks in charge at TNA seem content to turn a blind eye to his personal demons. I see this as different from their handling of Jeff and Matt Hardy and here's why. I don't think there's any question that Angle is one of the best in-ring workers in the history of the business. He also clearly puts in his time at the gym. His mic-work as improved enormously over the years and he's one of the best today. These attributes, I believe, have bought him some lives with TNA that wasn't afforded to a guy like Matt Hardy, who I believe was viewed more as a screwup than a talented worker. With Jeff he ruined a PPV event but to some degree it was the fault of those in charge at TNA for even letting him walk out to the ring when what they SHOULD HAVE done is to tackle him backstage even if it took a half dozen guys to hold him down. So TNA officials understood they were enablers and so probably felt an obligation to stand by him due to that and his in-ring talent which I believe bought him this 2nd chance.

So Angle has a lot more rope to work with here and I think this too will be overlooked for a number of reasons.

1. He puts butts in the seats. (this is probably THE reason he's still employed.)

2. He's winding down his career and TNA knows he won't be in the business much longer so they figure, what the heck, let's use him up.

3. If they fired him, he'd only go back to WWE and finish out his career and probably bury TNA on the mic, especially when you consider the shoot style that they've let Punk run with as of late.

So for them it's a no-win situation. Keep him on board, risk he'll keep being a screw-up. Or fire him, hope he doesn't go back to WWE, even for a cameo appearance to retire on their roster with a 'one more match' scenario with someone like, I don't know, The Rock, Cena, Punk, or Orton. Heck, I could even see a wild scenario where Mark Henry, and Olympic weightlifter, as a heel champ, facing Angle, and ONLY Olympic Gold Medalist in pro wrestling, showing up to Angle Slam him at a PPV then having a short run feud between them where Angle wins the title at a PPV and retires a la Edge. Crazy idea, but hey, it's pro 'wrasslin''.

All true, but what are they suppose to do when guys like Angle screw up outside of the ring? They can't watch him 24/7, hell during the NFL lock-out there were a lot of football player who wound up in trouble. So if major sports leagues can't even police their players, what chance does TNA have of policing their wrestlers?. Look at WWE, they didn't even see the signs of if Chris Benoit snapping and killing his own family. So yeah what Kurt Angle does outside of the ring affects TNA, but still the same what are they suppose to do?

All true, but what are they suppose to do when guys like Angle screw up outside of the ring? They can't watch him 24/7, hell during the NFL lock-out there were a lot of football player who wound up in trouble. So if major sports leagues can't even police their players, what chance does TNA have of policing their wrestlers?. Look at WWE, they didn't even see the signs of if Chris Benoit snapping and killing his own family. So yeah what Kurt Angle does outside of the ring affects TNA, but still the same what are they suppose to do?

AC: Well in The NFL Roger Goddell has run a very tight ship. So much so that during this last lockout the Players Union tried to negotiate some of his power away from him, as players feel he's too heavy-handed with suspensions when players violate the personal conduct policy of The NFL. Point is, they have a structure in place to dole out punishment when their players run afoul of that policy.

TNA, by contrast, seemingly has no such policy and instead seems to turn a blind eye to certain events with certain talent, while lowering the boom on others. Not saying it's fair one way or the other, but clearly there is some inconsistency in their decisions concerning Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, and Kurt Angle and I believe for the reasons I stated earlier.

So here's what I would do. Kurt would be suspended and stripped of his 'title.' A tournament, i.e. the BFG series would pit the top 2 against each other for the title. Angle would forfeit any payment he might have received for the PPV and would have to complete an alchohol rehabilitation program if he wanted to continue with my company. Pretty reasonable as I see it.

FTR: I would have forced Jeff Hardy into rehab, along with his brother, and if either refused, I would have released both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back